Harry Potter Wave 3

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
waterwn1097

Re: Harry Potter Wave 3

Postby waterwn1097 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:39 pm

I'm in Colorado and got mine today.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:50 am

So, it wasn't clear but I think there's going to be a lot of Harry Potter stuff in BN's upcoming April clearance. This may or may not include Pops, and I won't know for sure until we get closer. But the big corrugates have finally come down and my project notes had instructions to hold some of the "homeless" items for clearance in April. Thought I'd give the HP fans a heads up!

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:46 pm

The FYE that is closest to me got in some of the new exclusives today and luckily enough they got in Lucius Malfoy holding the Prophecy!!! The store is about 25-30 minutes from me so I have been calling all week. The girl that answered asked if I had ordered one with them (which I had not because I didn't know they did that) and that she had a few left that she was putting out on the table. I went straight there and by a few, she meant 3. They had a cabinet behind the register where they keep the reserved ones so I am guessing they got about 12 in stock total from what I could see on the shelf. I rarely go to FYE since it is kind of far and not at a mall I frequent, so I am hoping there are not many more exclusives with them.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:03 pm

Ill have to start hounding the FYE in my area. I kinda of kick my self for not just paying the 20 and pre ordering him online.
- tauntaunking on instagram

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:58 pm

There were plenty at my southern NH FYE store. At least ten of them anyway.

HPLove

Postby HPLove » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:00 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:So, it wasn't clear but I think there's going to be a lot of Harry Potter stuff in BN's upcoming April clearance. This may or may not include Pops, and I won't know for sure until we get closer. But the big corrugates have finally come down and my project notes had instructions to hold some of the "homeless" items for clearance in April. Thought I'd give the HP fans a heads up!

I'm a huge HP fan and collect all the different versions of the books etc. it's what got me into Pop to begin with. Can you say what kind of stuff is going on clearance? Books/journals? Do they give away the displays if someone asks? Thanks!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:38 pm

HPLove wrote:I'm a huge HP fan and collect all the different versions of the books etc. it's what got me into Pop to begin with. Can you say what kind of stuff is going on clearance? Books/journals? Do they give away the displays if someone asks? Thanks!

@ displays: you may have to ask your store manager since it might vary. mostly they get recycled since the corrugates are usually huge and stores have limited space.

As for what items will be in the clearance, it's hard to say. The instructions were kind of vague but to me it read as if most of the HP stuff would be on clearance come April. Puzzles, those $40 statues of the creatures, Pops (which we had a ton of still), possibly the jewelry. Basically anything on that big corrugate is what I think will be on there, but once the time gets closer and we have to start pulling stuff I'll have a better idea. I don't think the books will be, but the journals might.

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:00 am

There's an FYE near where we are picking up our foster daughter tomorrow. Fingers crossed that they have a Lucius.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Thanks to a local collector I got my Lucius with Prophecy today. He is even more special cuz he was a gift. once my mail calls finish coming in ill have a complete pops set and just a few more items to be harry potter funko complete, the ultimate goal lol
- tauntaunking on instagram

TheWordWizard

Postby TheWordWizard » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:59 pm

Found my Lucius today! (Unfortunately I didn't inspect him closely enough while in the store, so mine has some missing hair paint on the left side of his face, but oh well.) They had quite a few, maybe close to ten.

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:09 pm

If anyone is nearish to Montclair, CA that FYE had almost a dozen after I got mine.

dishsnthings

Postby dishsnthings » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:51 pm

Picked mine up too today on my warm weather Pop hunt. Ours only had 3 left.....
My Funko Craziness: Rides: 33 Hikari: 44 Large Pop!: 28
Small Pop!: 1407

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:40 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
HPLove wrote:I'm a huge HP fan and collect all the different versions of the books etc. it's what got me into Pop to begin with. Can you say what kind of stuff is going on clearance? Books/journals? Do they give away the displays if someone asks? Thanks!

@ displays: you may have to ask your store manager since it might vary. mostly they get recycled since the corrugates are usually huge and stores have limited space.

As for what items will be in the clearance, it's hard to say. The instructions were kind of vague but to me it read as if most of the HP stuff would be on clearance come April. Puzzles, those $40 statues of the creatures, Pops (which we had a ton of still), possibly the jewelry. Basically anything on that big corrugate is what I think will be on there, but once the time gets closer and we have to start pulling stuff I'll have a better idea. I don't think the books will be, but the journals might.

Yes please really hope they go on sale. Love them.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

odnar

Postby odnar » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:44 am

Also received my Lucius (in the mail) and was happy he arrived in great condition. :cheers:

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:20 pm

So I need
The two Lucious pops. (Have the masked one)
Mad Eye Moody (he came damaged from the hot topic website)
and Target exclusive Harry with his dragon egg and tournament robes
And regular Bellatrix Lastrange (also came in damaged)
(Not to mention the 3 pack from which ever convention but I doubt I will spend that much for them.)
To complete my harry potter collection.

Also need the invisible demiguise
All three nifflers
Hot topic exclusive Newt
And
seraphina picquery (also came in damaged)
To complete my fantastic beasts collection
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

ChappyPyon

Postby ChappyPyon » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:14 pm

Any one knows when can we expect wave 4? Been waiting for Ginny, Tonks, Lupin, Luna with spectrespecs, Luna with lion hat and SO MANY MORE!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:23 pm

I am so slow collecting these, but I feel I should move a little faster. I've been getting one a month or so, but I've got other lines that come first.

I still need Luna, Professor McG, Neville, Dobby, regular Bellatrix, Umbridge, George and Fred and eventually a Ron and Hermoine. I didn't really dig the Ron and Hermoine wave 1 pops, too small, and I don't care for the Yule Ball ones, so I'm hoping we get more adult looking ones eventually.

After that I hope they make Kreacher, Tonks, Lupin, Greyback, Sirius in dog form, Wormtail with the metal hand, Narcissa and Ginny. Versions of Nagini, the Basilisk, Aragog and a centaur would be pretty cool as well. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:25 pm

ChappyPyon wrote:Any one knows when can we expect wave 4? Been waiting for Ginny, Tonks, Lupin, Luna with spectrespecs, Luna with lion hat and SO MANY MORE!

Hopefully not until summer or fall...I still need to catch up!

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:25 pm

Jezter wrote:I am so slow collecting these, but I feel I should move a little faster. I've been getting one a month or so, but I've got other lines that come first.

I still need Luna, Professor McG, Neville, Dobby, regular Bellatrix, Umbridge, George and Fred and eventually a Ron and Hermoine. I didn't really dig the Ron and Hermoine wave 1 pops, too small, and I don't care for the Yule Ball ones, so I'm hoping we get more adult looking ones eventually.

After that I hope they make Kreacher, Tonks, Lupin, Greyback, Sirius in dog form, Wormtail with the metal hand, Narcissa and Ginny. Versions of Nagini, the Basilisk, Aragog and a centaur would be pretty cool as well. :D

The wave one pops were first or second years. I say second years because ron's wand is spell-o-taped.
[img]Check%20out%20@CareyJohnson919’s%20Tweet:%20https://twitter.com/CareyJohnson919/status/935495745569992707?s=09[/img]

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:38 pm

felixfelicis wrote:
ChappyPyon wrote:Any one knows when can we expect wave 4? Been waiting for Ginny, Tonks, Lupin, Luna with spectrespecs, Luna with lion hat and SO MANY MORE!

With the Rock Candy ones coming out June/July timeframe, I would guess fall for wave 4. I am fine waiting a bit, but I would love for Funko to announce who will be in wave 4. I am really hoping for Ginny (especially the Quidditch version), Luna (Spectraspecs or Lion Hat), and some new ones - Slughorn, Flitwick, Molly & Arthur Weasley, Lupin, Tonks.

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:46 pm

Don't have much left - Harry with sword, Quidditch Draco, creature 3-pack and the three Rides. But that's 2-3 months left of purchases since less of my monthly fun money can go to Funko soon do to spring and summer fun. Unless I get a new job soon that pays better than my current one.

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:56 pm

Jezter wrote:I am so slow collecting these, but I feel I should move a little faster. I've been getting one a month or so, but I've got other lines that come first.

I've never thought of any POP looking more mature than another one. Now I have a whole new point of view for buying Funko products.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:55 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:

That's great news, re: clearance! I wanted the creature statues, but it's hard to justify them at the original price! And still need my last HP pop (regular Lucius) to complete the set, so I'll stalk for that as well. Thanks for the heads up!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:58 am

Avengers74 wrote:
felixfelicis wrote:

With the Rock Candy ones coming out June/July timeframe, I would guess fall for wave 4. I am fine waiting a bit, but I would love for Funko to announce who will be in wave 4. I am really hoping for Ginny (especially the Quidditch version), Luna (Spectraspecs or Lion Hat), and some new ones - Slughorn, Flitwick, Molly & Arthur Weasley, Lupin, Tonks.

I hope you're right in the Fall prediction - I could use a break to recover from wave 3! Not to mention time to figure out where I should be putting all these pops!
Image ImageImage Image

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:16 am

Katers wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

That's great news, re: clearance! I wanted the creature statues, but it's hard to justify them at the original price! And still need my last HP pop (regular Lucius) to complete the set, so I'll stalk for that as well. Thanks for the heads up!

You're welcome! But like I said, I'm not 100% certain yet. I think the spring clearance sale will happen after Easter, but we've got a book signing coming up so we haven't really been focused on that just yet. Once I know more about which collectibles will be included, I'll definitely give y'all a shout out! :)

KingPenguin

Postby KingPenguin » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:07 am

I'd love to see a Harry and Voldemort 2-pack set where they're dueling for the last time. That would be awesome to see. They could use the broken courtyard for the big base.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Whitetiger217

Postby Whitetiger217 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:48 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:

Definitely going to need to check this out!! I love HP and have everything I can get from it. Haha

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:47 pm

Classier wrote:

I've never thought of any POP looking more mature than another one. Now I have a whole new point of view for buying Funko products.

I think it's just because of how the first HP, Ron and Hermoine pops are shorter than the rest, so they seem almost younger. I don't know, it's weird in my brain. I just want a good Ron and Hermoine pop, and so far I haven't been interested in the releases.

I'd personally like a Ron in his Quidditch gear and Hermoine holding the time turner, I'd probably get those.
I don't care to have a ton of HP variants, so they would be good enough for me, haha.

Pops!- 716ish

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:49 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Katers wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

You're welcome! But like I said, I'm not 100% certain yet. I think the spring clearance sale will happen after Easter, but we've got a book signing coming up so we haven't really been focused on that just yet. Once I know more about which collectibles will be included, I'll definitely give y'all a shout out! :)

Include me in that shout out, please! I asked a guy two weeks ago when the clearance was coming back and he said in April, but you are the only person I know who works at a B&N, so it would be great to know when they are on clearance, I would love to clean up on some Pops I've been putting off. :D

Pops!- 716ish

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:18 pm

Jezter wrote:Include me in that shout out, please! I asked a guy two weeks ago when the clearance was coming back and he said in April, but you are the only person I know who works at a B&N, so it would be great to know when they are on clearance, I would love to clean up on some Pops I've been putting off. :D

Of course! :cheers: I'll try to either post in here and maybe the BN Online thread too, since the sale prices usually apply there too.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:31 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Katers wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

Stopped by my B&N today just to see what was going on. The HP stuff had been moved out of the children's book section (mine is set up a bit oddly), and moved over to the kids games/toys area. Didn't seem like anything was missing from the section. Not that going to a B&N is torture (oh no, books! she says surrounded by piles and piles of books), but maybe I'll hold off until officially unofficial notification of clearance sales!
Image ImageImage Image

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Katers wrote:Stopped by my B&N today just to see what was going on. The HP stuff had been moved out of the children's book section (mine is set up a bit oddly), and moved over to the kids games/toys area. Didn't seem like anything was missing from the section. Not that going to a B&N is torture (oh no, books! she says surrounded by piles and piles of books), but maybe I'll hold off until officially unofficial notification of clearance sales!

lol Yeah the corrugates should have come down by now and the HP stuff should be on a couple of tables and missions. And any excess was supposed to be boxed up but who knows how most stores do it. I'm not sure we really boxed anything up from ours. I really hope some of this HP stuff does go on clearance though. I'd like to get one of the journals and more of the Pops.

saul_damascus

Postby saul_damascus » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:22 pm

We need a three pack of Harry and Cedric clutching the Triwizard cup.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:01 pm

saul_damascus wrote:We need a three pack of Harry and Cedric clutching the Triwizard cup.

Darnit, I need that desperately now. I wouldn't even complain about the weird sized box!
Image ImageImage Image

ChappyPyon

Postby ChappyPyon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:33 am

Katers wrote:
Avengers74 wrote:
felixfelicis wrote:

I hope you're right in the Fall prediction - I could use a break to recover from wave 3! Not to mention time to figure out where I should be putting all these pops!

Thanks for all the input! To me, it seems like wave 3 was so long ago already, haha. I do hope they announce soon tho, at least there is something I can look forward to.

madmax8395

Postby madmax8395 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:33 am

saul_damascus wrote:We need a three pack of Harry and Cedric clutching the Triwizard cup.

I don't know about this. Since it was a Portkey, I feel like they didn't actually hold it in a poseable way

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:02 am

there should make a 2-pack harry vs lord voldemort...that would be cool...
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:48 am

Jezter wrote:

Katers wrote:

HPLove wrote:

Sorry to say it looks like they changed the spring clearance. None of the HP stuff that was there earlier in the year is up for clearance now. :( I'll keep an eye out in case it gets added later but it doesn't look like there's any Funko products OR Harry Potter on the clearance tables.

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:00 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
Jezter wrote:

Katers wrote:

HPLove wrote:

Sorry to say it looks like they changed the spring clearance. None of the HP stuff that was there earlier in the year is up for clearance now. :( I'll keep an eye out in case it gets added later but it doesn't look like there's any Funko products OR Harry Potter on the clearance tables.

NNNOooooooOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOO. Dang. Thanks for looking out though sir!! :D

Pops!- 716ish

TigerLily1276

Postby TigerLily1276 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:59 am

I still have a lot of HP pops I need to catch up on.....so many
ImageImage Image ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”