Resident Evil Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: Resident Evil Pops!

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:11 pm

emk194 wrote:They all look creepy and nasty... and of course I need to get them for my brother. :( Waiting for Hot Cash to buy the Tyrant HT exclusive. Need to get the Target exclusive one too for sure

Still no luck on the Target one down here! Hopefully my nearest Targets are just very slow at getting new POPs [-o<
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:55 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
emk194 wrote:They all look creepy and nasty... and of course I need to get them for my brother. :( Waiting for Hot Cash to buy the Tyrant HT exclusive. Need to get the Target exclusive one too for sure

Still no luck on the Target one down here! Hopefully my nearest Targets are just very slow at getting new POPs [-o<

It's not out yet, you can tell because there are zero on eBay and if there's one thing you can always count on, as soon as any new Pop shows up in stores it will be flipped on eBay within minutes lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:18 pm

treswright wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

It's not out yet, you can tell because there are zero on eBay and if there's one thing you can always count on, as soon as any new Pop shows up in stores it will be flipped on eBay within minutes lol

Good point Tres! And here I've been stressing over not finding it :roflmao:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:10 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:
treswright wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:

Good point Tres! And here I've been stressing over not finding it :roflmao:

Plus brickseek shows that 0% of stores have it in stock. Not that brickseek is the end all be all, but at least some stores would normally show stock if it was out yet.

emk194

Postby emk194 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Ah, thanks for the heads up!

Got the Nemesis and Licker today for my brother. Oh my gosh they're super creepy looking. Wtf. And my brother was so happy to have em. :eek:
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Got my Hunter last night! His scales are so detailed! He's amazing. I have GOT to get the GITD Tyrant once it's out.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Picked up Nemesis and Hunter at GameStop and I love them. The details on these are awesome but yes I wish Nemesis was 6in. I will be picking up the rest with Hot Cash. Waiting patiently for the gitd tyrant as well.
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:01 am

Glow target exclusive looks like it's starting to hit stores. One showed up on ebay. Location is FL.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:06 pm

The Head wrote:Glow target exclusive looks like it's starting to hit stores. One showed up on ebay. Location is FL.

It begins....(trumpets blow)
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:23 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:
The Head wrote:Glow target exclusive looks like it's starting to hit stores. One showed up on ebay. Location is FL.

It begins....(trumpets blow)

Yeah, especially since brickseek seems to be unreliable lately. Frankly I'm surprised that's the only one so far. It says IN HAND so presumably these are hitting elsewhere so you'd think more would start to pop up for sale. I checked one target on the way to work today and nothing.

MV6000

Postby MV6000 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:49 pm

Brick seek said that my local Target had one Tyrant so this morning I went and purchased that one and only Glow in the Dark Tyrant. I kept refreshing the page to see how accurate and how often it updates and apparently it took an hour before it said that Target had 0 in stock.

Now I just gotta find that S.T.A.R.S. Jill POP to go with my Tyrant POP.

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:03 pm

I picked up the last one at my target.
They had them in the back
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

grilledeggplant

Postby grilledeggplant » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:41 pm

How about the classic zombie dog that breaks through the window?! Come onnn lol

vegeta84

Postby vegeta84 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Has there been any new if there might be a wave 2? The line can't be complete without Chris and Wesker. Would love the classic scientist zombie as well.

Either way, the quality on these are top notch. Have Tyrant, Hunter, and Nemesis so far, and all three are truly impressive. Kinda strange that the Hunter is '6 as they are shorter than Jill and Chris in the games. Still, it's an awesome figure.

Crazychris225

Postby Crazychris225 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Brickseek shows 0 in every store around me and has for the last day. My local target showed 3 since last night. One person in my town has one on ebay and 2 posted on ebay the next town over so brickseek isn't making any sense and it's hurting my collection big time.
Pops Count: 550
(Currently Hunting: Joker Bank Robber, Simpsons Set, Vaulted DC and Vaulted Star Wars)

If it aint FUNko, if doesn't matter :freddy3:

treswright

Postby treswright » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Someone posted a Target ad on IG, apparently a limited number will be given away with purchase of the new RE game on Tuesday. I want the game anyway, so I'm going to give it a try first thing Tuesday morning!

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:53 pm

treswright wrote:Someone posted a Target ad on IG, apparently a limited number will be given away with purchase of the new RE game on Tuesday. I want the game anyway, so I'm going to give it a try first thing Tuesday morning!

I had a feeling these would be available with the release of the new game. I was actually able to snag one at an out of the way target yesterday. They got a box of three and there was one left after I bought mine. They were holding them in back and limiting to one per person. Any stores that got them early are likely going to be out by the time the game comes out, which will result in some very unhappy customers come Tuesday.

Dogmatic

Postby Dogmatic » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Picked up one, they only had one other one. They were both in the back.
NES JASON 4 LIFE
ISO: 8-Bit Jason proto, NES colorway. If it exists, anyway.

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:24 pm

grilledeggplant wrote:How about the classic zombie dog that breaks through the window?! Come onnn lol

Yeah, I hope wave 2 gives us a Cerberus! WAY more iconic to me than the Hunters. I hope we get the first Zombie, too. And a 6" William Birkin! And Chris and Wesker, obviously. I also hope we'll see RE2 Leon, RE3 Jill and the Merchant from RE4!
Collecting since: August 24, 2014
First POP: Hannibal Lecter (#25)
Most Recent POP: Dodoria

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:03 pm

Wishlist:
Chris
Barry
Wesker
Rebecca
Zombie Forrester
Cerberus with a crow
Alexa (Code Veronica)
Mr. X both forms
William Birkin
Jill (Nemesis)
Leon RCPD
Claire
Naked Zombies from part 1 haha
Crimson Heads

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:04 pm

Ohhhh

And Hunk and Tofu
Would be awesome exclusive if made

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:14 am

The Head wrote:
treswright wrote:Someone posted a Target ad on IG, apparently a limited number will be given away with purchase of the new RE game on Tuesday. I want the game anyway, so I'm going to give it a try first thing Tuesday morning!

I had a feeling these would be available with the release of the new game. I was actually able to snag one at an out of the way target yesterday. They got a box of three and there was one left after I bought mine. They were holding them in back and limiting to one per person. Any stores that got them early are likely going to be out by the time the game comes out, which will result in some very unhappy customers come Tuesday.

Yeah, I think you are right about that. I decided not to chance it. Brickseek showed a few at a store near me. I went by, nothing on the shelves. I asked in electronics and they sent me to the service desk. I gave them the DPCI and they looked it up and saw the same thing as Brickseek. One of them headed in the direction of Electronics and came back with one. That makes me think that they had them stored in the desk in Electronics. So apparently the guy that I asked back there just had no clue that he had them. Anyway, I tried not to jump up-and-down when I saw the guy coming back with it lol Was very excited to get it! They had three total, so I'm going to check on Tuesday morning and if they still have one I'll go back and try to get one with the game.

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:29 am

It annoyed me that the claw and other bits didn't glow, so I enhanced him a little :-)

The Head

Postby The Head » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:06 am

treswright wrote:
It annoyed me that the claw and other bits didn't glow, so I enhanced him a little :-)

VERY nice!

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:25 am

Like mentioned above, the exclusive will be free if you purchase the game on Tuesday. The ad this morning mentions it very proudly on page 3. Fine print states limited quantities, one per customer, no rain checks.
My thought is that as long as a store has one for the first customer it meets the requirements. However if they sell them all before the game, I see store employees telling customers that the item never arrived or will arrive late...but no rain checks lol
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:52 pm

treswright wrote:

Well done Tres! I really gotta get me one of those!

treswright

Postby treswright » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:20 pm

The Head wrote:VERY nice!

HowardTheDuck wrote:Well done Tres! I really gotta get me one of those!

Thank you! I used glow paints that you can get at Walmart. They go on really thin, so you have to put on several coats. They have one that is colorless but activates under black light, and glows in the dark. I used that for the eyes and the heart details. I used yellow on the bubbles on the side, and green on the claws. So under normal light it looks exactly the same as when it came out of the box. It's only under black light or with the lights turned off that it looks different.

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:54 am

Today is the Target promo day. I completely forgot until I was already at work. Left and went to a Target at 9, they had the games but had already given out the four Tyrants they had. I'm now at a second Target with a Tyrant in my hand.. but they can't find the game lol They're in the stockroom now looking for them. Anyone else have any luck?

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:18 am

Success! I posted this on IG but when they are rung up together it'll zero out the Tyrant price:

So strange that the first Target had sold out of their Tyrant supply with the game this morning but the 2nd Target (which wasn't that far away from the first one) had two Tyrants sitting on the shelf and was completely unaware of the promo. For anyone in Dallas this was the Skillman Target and they did have one Tyrant left as of 10:00, but the box was a bit dinged up.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:28 am

treswright wrote:

Wow, that's wicked! I'm impressed.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:31 am

As unlikely as it is, I'd love an Ashley (RE4) Pop someday. "Leon, help!" comes to mind whenever I think about her.
29/Male/CHINESE

bvlbasavr

Postby bvlbasavr » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:56 am

Hey guys, I made a thread about this already but maybe it'll get more attention in this one. A couple of days ago I found someone selling a Hot Topic Exclusive Tyrant Funko Pop Glow Error on eBay. I walked into Hot Topic the other day with a UV flashlight looked through 7 of them and 1 of them had the same glow error. I was hoping this was going to be a widespread error and I think I may be right.

Here the one I found:
Charging it up with a UV flashlight

Turned off UV flashlight, you can see the bottom of the head / neck area glowing

Close up of bottom of head / neck area glowing

If you have the HT exclusive Tyrant please check it and let me know. I'm trying to see how widespread this error is.

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:21 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:Wow, that's wicked! I'm impressed.

Thanks! It was really easy to do.

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:As unlikely as it is, I'd love an Ashley (RE4) Pop someday. "Leon, help!" comes to mind whenever I think about her.

Hahaha! Yeah, you hear that enough and you just want to lock her in a closet somewhere until you can clear the area lol

bvlbasavr wrote:I was hoping this was going to be a widespread error and I think I may be right.

lol That's pretty amusing! It looks like you're new here so I don't know if you realize it or not but production errors on Pops are quite common. They don't really add anything to the value but sometimes they're good for a laugh like in this case :-) Welcome to the forums!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:54 pm

Congrats Tres! That's one of my top wants ATM.

The Head

Postby The Head » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm

treswright wrote: Thank you! I used glow paints that you can get at Walmart. They go on really thin, so you have to put on several coats. They have one that is colorless but activates under black light, and glows in the dark. I used that for the eyes and the heart details. I used yellow on the bubbles on the side, and green on the claws. So under normal light it looks exactly the same as when it came out of the box. It's only under black light or with the lights turned off that it looks different.

I always love that you give a little tutorial for us less creative folk. Much appreciated. I may try this myself!

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:50 am

None of the targets near me had glow tyrant yesterday. Glad I was able to pick one up last week because I doubt this will be restocked. I hope I'm wrong though for the sake of those who didn't get him yet. Seems like tons of stores didn't even get them.

BennyV07

Postby BennyV07 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:03 am

gotta get me this whole set! Also, need to make myself a nemesis with a LED Rocket Launcher!

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:19 am

treswright wrote:Hahaha! Yeah, you hear that enough and you just want to lock her in a closet somewhere until you can clear the area lol

You're welcome! And exactly! Duct tape would had been nice, too.
29/Male/CHINESE

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:20 am

BennyV07 wrote:gotta get me this whole set! Also, need to make myself a nemesis with a LED Rocket Launcher!

Even better. Add a recording of "STARS."
29/Male/CHINESE

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:44 am

I still need to get the Nemesis. No one has him in stock around here. I got Jill, Tyrant, Leon and the Licker from Hot Topic with Hot Cash. I'm still debating whether or not I want to get the Hunter, to be honest. It being a six inch really bugs me (as does the higher asking price). And the paint applications on the ones I've seen haven't been the greatest.
Collecting since: August 24, 2014
First POP: Hannibal Lecter (#25)
Most Recent POP: Dodoria

Return to “Pop!”