More Star Wars Phantom Menace Pop!s?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
popmad2016

More Star Wars Phantom Menace Pop!s?

Postby popmad2016 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:15 am

OK! Now that I have bought Anakin, Darth Maul, Holographic Emperor and Plo Koon I'm hungry for more Episode 1 Phantom Menace Pop!s...

I may be a little biased as to date, this is the only Star Wars movie I've actually seen at the cinema (don't get me wrong LOVE the original trilogy just never got around to seeing any others on the big screen...yet), but upon evaluation I do personally feel it is the highlight of the prequel trilogy (I do feel that Hayden Christensen was the worst thing to ever happen to Star Wars) and feels the most like an authentic Star Wars movie (even with the over-use of CGI)...

My top 10 wants now (aside from vault re:issues or variants of JarJar, Qui Gon Jinn and Queen Amidala) are:
- Mace Windu (actually borderline NEED this guy!)
- Nute Gunray
- Boss Nass
- Watto
- Ki-Adi-Mundi
- Saesee Tiin
- Sebulba
- Fode and Beed (two-headed Podrace announcers)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Twi'lek Slave

Anyone else want more Phantom Menace Pop!s? And what characters would you like to see released from the film?

AliCat4004

Re: More Star Wars Phantom Menace Pop!s?

Postby AliCat4004 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:33 am

Personally I'm not a huge fan of TPM but i would love more Prequel Trilogy POPs.

A new Padmé, Young Obi-Wan and Mace Windu would be great additions to the line

I live and breathe
MARVEL, STAR WARS & SUPERNATURAL

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:47 am

TPM is my least favorite Star Wars movie, so there isn't a whole lot I would want from it, but Mace Windu needs to be made. I've always liked the design of Gasgano, but I don't think he would work as a Pop. I'm actually very fond of Eps. 2 and 3, so there are a lot more Pops I'd like to see for those movies. Hayden had his problems, but I wouldn't call him the worst thing to happen to Star Wars. My top 2 prequel wants would probably be Padmé in her Geonosis outfit, and Aayla Secura. I'd also like to see RotS Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:20 pm

Im down for middle aged Kenobi with the beard. <3

PauleyBaseball

Postby PauleyBaseball » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:00 pm

For Phantom Menace, I want reissues/variants of Qui-Gon and Jar-Jar. We need Padme in her Tatooine costume, Padawan Obi-Wan, Watto, Sebulba, C-3PO with his parts showing, Boss Nass, a Battle Droid, and as many of Amidala's costumes and the other podracers as they feel like giving us.

Save Mace Windu & the other Jedi for an Attack of the Clones or Clone Wars series so they actually get to do something. :-)

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:23 pm

I would like to see a Young Anakin variant with pod racer helmet, young obi-wan kenobi, hooded darth maul variant, Meditation Qui-Gon, droidekas, shielded droideka variant and many other droid variants, maybe even a droid tank ride! Oooo the possibilities gives me goosebumps, i really hope Funko pursues some of these ideas.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

racheva

Postby racheva » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Just please, no more Jar Jar. It hurt to have to spend 50 bucks on that awful character to be a completist.

I'd like younger Obi-Wan and of course Mace Windu. I'm kinda surprised Sam Jackson hasn't insisted on it by now.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:50 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:I would like to see a Young Anakin variant with pod racer helmet, young obi-wan kenobi, hooded darth maul variant, Meditation Qui-Gon, droidekas, shielded droideka variant and many other droid variants, maybe even a droid tank ride! Oooo the possibilities gives me goosebumps, i really hope Funko pursues some of these ideas.

I like the way you think! ;) :freddy2:

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:34 pm

I would love to see a young Obiwan, droideka, Mace Windu, Viceroy Gunray, Senator Palpatine,or a sliced in half Darthmaul with magnets :cheers:
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Guneagle01

Postby Guneagle01 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:15 am

just....no

JoshChaos

Postby JoshChaos » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:36 am

Mace Windu MUST happen.

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:43 am

i would love to have a mace windu, revenge of the sith anakin pop or attack of the clones anakin with a dual lightsaber
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

JBiz

Postby JBiz » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:51 pm

Nope. I avoid prequel pops, except for Darth Maul. He's just cool looking so I bent on that.
Call me Jeremy

Searching for a Shadow Trooper. Love anything Spiderman.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Nah nah on jar jar
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:36 pm

I know I'm late to the party but it's a good thing they seem to be focusing on Prequel ones lately. I'm sure it won't be long before Mace is released.
You like my Savitar Avitar?!

Pops: 253
Marvel: 146
DC: 33
Star Wars: 48
Doctor Who: 19
Harry Potter: 3
Minecraft: 1

1st Pop: The Flash (CW)
100th Pop: Ron Weasley
200th Pop: Cap America (Quantum)
Latest Pop: Ben Kenobi
Favourite Pop: General Greivous

My collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... P8OEP3ZBE/

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:48 pm

HarryG5O wrote:I know I'm late to the party but it's a good thing they seem to be focusing on Prequel ones lately. I'm sure it won't be long before Mace is released.

Yeah i can't wait for Mace and young Obi Wan. I would also love a mid flight Jango Fett. Oh and by the way awesome GIF!

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

ImageImage

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:44 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:
HarryG5O wrote:I know I'm late to the party but it's a good thing they seem to be focusing on Prequel ones lately. I'm sure it won't be long before Mace is released.

Yeah i can't wait for Mace and young Obi Wan. I would also love a mid flight Jango Fett. Oh and by the way awesome GIF!

Thanks mate very kind! Good point on Jango Fett too. I think it's stupid how they've made beloved characters so hard to get. General Greivous. Qui Gon. Jango Fett. It's insane!

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:29 am

TriFeckTa wrote:

Young Obi Wan will be an instant best seller. I know multiple people who aren't even pop fans regularly who have told me they want one! It's pretty crazy that we have 2 original trilogy pops of him, but none from the prequels.

And the fact that there's no Mace Windu pop is still a mystery to me. I would think Sam Jackson would have demanded one by now ;)
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:33 pm

I know many fans like to think the Prequels don't exist, but the amount of awesome looking characters there could be means that we need some! Even a Battle Droid or something....although I don't know how they'd do that.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:10 pm

racheva wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:

Young Obi Wan will be an instant best seller. I know multiple people who aren't even pop fans regularly who have told me they want one! It's pretty crazy that we have 2 original trilogy pops of him, but none from the prequels.

And the fact that there's no Mace Windu pop is still a mystery to me. I would think Sam Jackson would have demanded one by now ;)

ImageImage

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Personally I have a major disliking for the prequels for far too many reasons to list. That being said I would like Mace Windu and an Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan. Anything else... Well let's just say there are plenty of classic Star Wars figures I'd rather see made first.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:49 pm

HarryG5O wrote:I know many fans like to think the Prequels don't exist, but the amount of awesome looking characters there could be means that we need some! Even a Battle Droid or something....although I don't know how they'd do that.

They just make it look like a battle droid. The Doctor Who Dalek, is well, just a Dalek, no Pop Vinylness to it at all.

Measured Mayhem

Postby Measured Mayhem » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:13 pm

I'd be so down for any new Maul Variant. Maybe one similar to the well walker if you know what Im saying...... :compress:
Remember, remember, the fifth of November

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:14 pm

A Mace Windu is definitely needed.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Malion

Postby Malion » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:08 pm

I think Nute Gunray would make a good pop.

ThePhantomFunko

Postby ThePhantomFunko » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:15 pm

I'm all for PT Star Wars POP's, especially of characters such as Mace Windu, Count Dooku, bearded Obi-Wan, and some of the lesser known characters and random Jedi.But what I really want an attainable, and affordable, Qui-Gon and it angers me that the one they made is an impossible to get rare POP that fetches ridiculous collectors prices online. I don't mind shelling out $50-$70 on a rare POP, but some of these figures going for hundreds of dollars is just insane. Especially for a character that should be readily available due to being a core character in The Phantom Menace. Hopefully they'll re-release Qui-Gon someday or give us an alternate sculpt or color scheme, but yeah.....Funko really needs to get this done. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a Darth Maul with his hood/robes on, that would be pretty badass if you ask me.

racheva

Postby racheva » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:04 pm

paxderomano wrote:Personally I have a major disliking for the prequels for far too many reasons to list. That being said I would like Mace Windu and an Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan. Anything else... Well let's just say there are plenty of classic Star Wars figures I'd rather see made first.

These are the two I want! I could see maybe a few others, but I generally have to agree that the movies suck too much to care about most of the characters. If Funko makes me buy a Hayden Christensen Anakin...

...you know they will ](*,)

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:42 pm

A young Jedi Anakin would be awesome! Don't know what you guys mean! XD

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:48 pm

Actually, I'm hoping for a Hayden Christensen, hooded Darth Vader or a Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader battle on Mustafar 2-pack.

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

racheva

Postby racheva » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:51 pm

funko_vinz wrote:Actually, I'm hoping for a Hayden Christensen, hooded Darth Vader or a Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader battle on Mustafar 2-pack.

Ugh but Hayden tho. If the make a full grown Anakin, he has to be hooded or scarred up. None of that adolescent teen beat nonsense from episode 2.

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:59 pm

racheva wrote:
funko_vinz wrote:Actually, I'm hoping for a Hayden Christensen, hooded Darth Vader or a Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader battle on Mustafar 2-pack.

Ugh but Hayden tho. If the make a full grown Anakin, he has to be hooded or scarred up. None of that adolescent teen beat nonsense from episode 2.

:roflmao: Agreed.

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

ThePhantomFunko

Postby ThePhantomFunko » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:48 pm

Agreed on wanting an Episode III Anakin Skywalker POP. If they could give him the hood and make his eye gleam red than all the better.

I have the young Anakin from Episode I and would absolutely adore an Episode III Anakin, but I would be lying to say that I wouldn't buy an Episode II Anakin weilding two lightsabers.

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:30 pm

To be honest I don't get why they did an Episode 1 Ani before a Jedi Knight Ani....makes 0 sense to me. lol

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:06 am

racheva wrote:

I still stand by, it was more the bad writing than it was Hayden. The love story between him and Padme should have contained a lot less "cheese".
Phillip
Official collector of nothing but Star Wars

kitkats_mommy

Postby kitkats_mommy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:13 am

There are so many more Star Wars pops that I would love to see. I just hope my wallet can handle everything I would want to buy lol
I'm Josie, super uber nerd here!! Collector of Funko, Pins and Patches. Self Proclaimed Loungefly Ambassador/Guru lol Funko's Funatic of the week 6/17/15. The United Funko Family Founder. Check out my Insta @Loungefly._.Addict

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:46 pm

I'd love Apprentice and Jedi Ani. Same goes for obi! Would have loved QG but.......seriously though, more PT pops would be awesome
Higher, Further, Faster

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Being part of the generation that grew up with the prequel trilogy, I'd gobble up any and all prequel and Clone Wars pops.

Especially Phantom Menace, since it was the first Star Wars movie I'd ever seen when I was 3 years old. I love everybody's ideas so far.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:40 pm

How about a one armed Anakin from the Dooku fight?