Question for OOB collectors

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Classier

Re: Question for OOB collectors

Postby Classier » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:18 am

I always throw out the boxes. There's only one exception in my whole collection, and it's SDCC (2014?) Wampa and Luke, because I'm not crafty enough to actually find a way to get my Luke upside down. Boxes take up too much space, I barely even have enough room for pops, much less their boxes!

alf_ie

Postby alf_ie » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:11 pm

I think it's minor OCD on my part, but I need to keep the box for some odd reason. Even though I never have an intention to sell. I like to have the entire originally issued contents.

Glad you can break the cycle!
Fundays
2014 San Diego
2015 San Diego
2016 San Diego
2017 San Diego
2022 San Diego
2023 San Diego

Funkoween
2016 San Diego

Making Fun Movie Premiere
2018 Hollywood

FunKon
2021 Hollywood

IN SEARCH OF: 2011 Funko Freddy Flav any color
IN SEARCH OF: 2023 Funko Freddy Lex Luthor

coneree

Postby coneree » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:58 pm

Try to sell off some of the more valuable ones, toss and rest and don't look back! Unless you're in the box like me!
:freddy2:

San Diego, CA
IG: @edelro
twitch.tv/conere

Agust J

Postby Agust J » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:12 pm

I almost always recycle the boxes. However, I keep the ones I really like.

It's not a lot but I only have 13 Pops and of those I've only kept 2 boxes.

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:24 pm

FawnyLovesFunko wrote:I've asked about box storage before but now I'm wondering something else. I'm honestly thinking about just throwing the boxes away (err, recycle, I mean, recycle!). It's probably an outrageous thought but hear me out. We have a small house (1300 sq ft for 4 people), so space is forever an issue. We have a storage unit but even that is getting full (which is a spring project, but I digress).

So my question, has anyone thrown their boxes away? If so, have you regretted it later?

I am an OOB collector, but I have indeed regretted throwing away a few boxes from past POPs. Space is an issue, you will find yourself in the future where in order to bring in something new, you will have to get rid of something else you once loved. It's a lot easier to sell/trade a POP if you have the box for it, especially for full value..even some form of box.

Label plastic inserts with masking tape and a sharpie, stack them together and put them in big black trash bags.
Flatten boxes and keep them in a tupperware bin

You'd be amazed how many boxes you can store in a much smaller area doing that. OOB is also the best way to display the most POPs in the smallest amount of space.

If you don't want to go that route, give/sell those boxes. Plenty of in box collectors who want them.

Or trash/recycle them. It's your boxes. do whatever you wish.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

Ricardo616

Postby Ricardo616 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:57 am

My loft (attic) is a godsend, I have so many toy boxes up there, one wall is just pop boxes, now starting to go two deep!

Return to “Pop!”