Video Game fans.

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Mister Piggy Wiggy

Re: Video Game fans.

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:44 pm

I'm probably the only one who wants Alundra Pops.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

FarronFox

Postby FarronFox » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm loving the announcement of Sonic. Especially the Classic line.

AllThatJhazz

Postby AllThatJhazz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:57 am

I'm hoping the Tekken line isn't just Jin/Kazuya/Heihachi/Nina/King/Paul as I find them sort of boring aside from Kaz. I'd love to see Marduk, Alisa, Bruce, Lars, Jack and Yoshimitsu.

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:49 am

AllThatJhazz wrote:I'm hoping the Tekken line isn't just Jin/Kazuya/Heihachi/Nina/King/Paul as I find them sort of boring aside from Kaz. I'd love to see Marduk, Alisa, Bruce, Lars, Jack and Yoshimitsu.

I totally get where you'e coming from... I enjoy playing as Jin and Heihachi, but they're definitely not my favorite characters. I'd love to see Asuka, Forest/Marshall, Lee, and yoshi.... but realistically, a full roster would be ideal! :freddy2:
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 am

I just want Battletoads. My life would be complete with Battletoads POPs and Dorbz lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:20 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:I just want Battletoads. My life would be complete with Battletoads POPs and Dorbz lol

Battletoads would be cool. Mortal Kombat is what I'd like the most. I guess they're doing every other fighting series known to the gaming universe first though. :-/
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:32 am

I hope there's a Morrigan and Leliana Pop for the Dragon Age line.
29/Male/CHINESE

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:33 am

lcarus83 wrote:
Battletoads would be cool. Mortal Kombat is what I'd like the most. I guess they're doing every other fighting series known to the gaming universe first though. :-/

Have you played Beyond Good & Evil? It's kinda of a niche game. Anyways, have you heard of, or played, Battle Arena Toshinden?
29/Male/CHINESE

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:51 am

lcarus83 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:I just want Battletoads. My life would be complete with Battletoads POPs and Dorbz lol

I wouldn't say Tekken and Street Fighter are "every other fighting game". They're definitely massively popular though, as they are international IPs. My assumption is that Netherrealm is pretty picky about their IP, so I wouldn't blame Funko.

I would love to see them actually tackle more fighting games such as Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, SoulCalibur, King of Fighters, Darkstalkers, Power Stone and of course Mortal Kombat.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:08 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
lcarus83 wrote:

I wouldn't say Tekken and Street Fighter are "every other fighting game". They're definitely massively popular though, as they are international IPs. My assumption is that Netherrealm is pretty picky about their IP, so I wouldn't blame Funko.

I would love to see them actually tackle more fighting games such as Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, SoulCalibur, King of Fighters, Darkstalkers, Power Stone and of course Mortal Kombat.

I was exaggerating. I seem to remember Funko making Mortal Kombat products in the past. So I'm sure they'll come around to it eventually. MK is personally the only fighting game that has characters I would like to have Pops of. Soul Calibur would be cool though.
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:14 pm

lcarus83 wrote:
I was exaggerating. I seem to remember Funko making Mortal Kombat products in the past. So I'm sure they'll come around to it eventually. MK is personally the only fighting game that has characters I would like to have Pops of. Soul Calibur would be cool though.

Yeah, there's a lot of IPs that Funko has done before in the past which still don't have current POP/Dorbz products. Hopefully in the future though we'll see more things come out of the woodwork.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

JPGIII

Postby JPGIII » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:34 pm

I won't rest till I have a Shaq-Fu pop!
My collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... NI8DW3IYZ/
Pop!: 628
Pocket Pop!; 83
Dorbz: 117
Plush: 78
Others: 60

I may have a problem...

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:57 pm

For Tekken I need Yoshimitsu and Kuma. lol lol lol Always favorites of mine. And I agree that Battletoads is a must.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:48 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:I'm probably the only one who wants Alundra Pops.

I think they would be great! Given that Funko mostly sticks to pretty mainstream titles and popular franchises, I can't imagine that ever happening though.
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

Bonzo37

Postby Bonzo37 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Probably kind of off topic, sorry, but all this fighting game talk reminds me of one of my old favorites. Anyone play Bushido Blade from PS1? I can't remember any of the characters off the top of my head, and there's no reason to make pops of them, but I remember that game being so far ahead of its time and drastically different from all other fighting games that were around back then. It was 3D with environmental obstacles and some interaction. There were no health bars, and one or two good hits from a weapon would KO you, or otherwise disable or injure you making the rest of the fight much more difficult. It was all about predicting and countering your opponents moves. Anyway yeah, don't mean to derail anything, just came back to me while reflecting on old Tekken and SF games. Carry on.
I'm Mike.

AllThatJhazz

Postby AllThatJhazz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:
lcarus83 wrote:

I wouldn't put my money on GG or BB, but there are plenty that I'd love to see from both. If MK comes out that will probably bankrupt me. Soul Calibur would be amazing as well. Killer Instinct would be another big wish for me.

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:32 pm

Yeah GG and BB are really pushing it lol.

KI would be really cool, forgot about that one.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:54 pm

Nice, these are all very cool.
I wouldn't mind some Call of Duty mystery minis!

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:02 am

Sad to hear about no Overwatch minis but still hyped for the Pops.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

Leftcoast

Postby Leftcoast » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:40 am

popfanboy wrote:Sad to hear about no Overwatch minis but still hyped for the Pops.

They are doing Overwatch mystery minis ;-)
ImageImageImage
Leftcoast also known as Robert
ISO:Spastik Plastic T-Bones :colors:

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:44 am

Leftcoast wrote:
popfanboy wrote:Sad to hear about no Overwatch minis but still hyped for the Pops.

Brian said he made a mistake when announcing them and they aren't coming. :(
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

Leftcoast

Postby Leftcoast » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:56 am

popfanboy wrote:
Leftcoast wrote:

Brian said he made a mistake when announcing them and they aren't coming. :(

I just went threw and saw that once you posted back. So now it's my mistake :(
ImageImageImage
Leftcoast also known as Robert
ISO:Spastik Plastic T-Bones :colors:

CAHRULL
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby CAHRULL » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:51 am

Bonzo37 wrote:Probably kind of off topic, sorry, but all this fighting game talk reminds me of one of my old favorites. Anyone play Bushido Blade from PS1? I can't remember any of the characters off the top of my head, and there's no reason to make pops of them, but I remember that game being so far ahead of its time and drastically different from all other fighting games that were around back then. It was 3D with environmental obstacles and some interaction. There were no health bars, and one or two good hits from a weapon would KO you, or otherwise disable or injure you making the rest of the fight much more difficult. It was all about predicting and countering your opponents moves. Anyway yeah, don't mean to derail anything, just came back to me while reflecting on old Tekken and SF games. Carry on.

I first played Bushido Blade on a Final Fantasy VII demo disc from PlayStation Magazine lol
I remember swinging the sword and watching the bamboo actually get cut and fall over. And you could kick dirt at your opponent to obscure their vision. At the time it was pretty innovative.
Hi, I'm Alex! IG: @CAHRULL_AZ

Sarcasticguy

Postby Sarcasticguy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:51 am

Bonzo37 wrote:Probably kind of off topic, sorry, but all this fighting game talk reminds me of one of my old favorites. Anyone play Bushido Blade from PS1? I can't remember any of the characters off the top of my head, and there's no reason to make pops of them, but I remember that game being so far ahead of its time and drastically different from all other fighting games that were around back then. It was 3D with environmental obstacles and some interaction. There were no health bars, and one or two good hits from a weapon would KO you, or otherwise disable or injure you making the rest of the fight much more difficult. It was all about predicting and countering your opponents moves. Anyway yeah, don't mean to derail anything, just came back to me while reflecting on old Tekken and SF games. Carry on.

I played the crap out of the ps1 demo disc version... which was just 2 characters and 1 level haha.
Hi, I'm Scott.
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos

Lawliet

Postby Lawliet » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:34 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:Should Capcom give more licenses I'll take Viewtiful Joe please.

Completely forgot about VJ. With how theyre characters are shaped, they would translate to pops ridiculously well!

Bonzo37

Postby Bonzo37 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:21 pm

CAHRULL wrote:I first played Bushido Blade on a Final Fantasy VII demo disc from PlayStation Magazine lol
I remember swinging the sword and watching the bamboo actually get cut and fall over. And you could kick dirt at your opponent to obscure their vision. At the time it was pretty innovative.

Sarcasticguy wrote:I played the crap out of the ps1 demo disc version... which was just 2 characters and 1 level haha.

Ha yeah, I definitely had the demo disc too. I'm sure that's what introduced me to the game in the first place.

Good ol' PSM, still the best video game publication to date in my opinion. My PS1 had the metallic gold smiley lid sticker from them on it. Only system I ever sold, and I still regret it to this day.
I'm Mike.

CaptainMayhem88

Postby CaptainMayhem88 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:27 pm

Can't wait for more full size POP! vinyls for Overwatch. They have a long way to go before the full cast is available.
Team Spider-Gwen

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:52 am

CAHRULL wrote: I think they would be great! Given that Funko mostly sticks to pretty mainstream titles and popular franchises, I can't imagine that ever happening though.

I know. But it's still nice to dream and hope, though.
29/Male/CHINESE

Return to “Pop!”