Return Of The Caped Crusaders Pop!s?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
popmad2016

Return Of The Caped Crusaders Pop!s?

Postby popmad2016 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:32 am

OK definitely want Funko to complete the line-up of the live-action Batman 66" characters and related variants, but I have to confess having seen The Return Of The Caped Crusaders animated movie today and reading the announcement of a sequel coming out in 2017 starring William Shatner as the voice of Two Face I have to say that I can't help but want some Pop!s from these movies...

in particular...

- Batman in spacesuit (the helmet with little bat ears hehe)
- Robin in spacesuit
- Catwoman (need a Julie Newmar Catwoman Pop! that has that amazing curvy figure...perhaps in a dance pose from the end credits?)
- Evil / Ego Batman in Sup'd up Batmobile (imagine that as a new Pop! ride!)
- Bat Rocket (Pop! Deluxe??)

And pending other character-related variant surprises, a 66" Two-Face from the forthcoming sequel...

So with that said..who's also keen to see animated 66" Pop!s made...perhaps as part of a 3rd wave??

richisdisturbed

Re: Return Of The Caped Crusaders Pop!s?

Postby richisdisturbed » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:27 pm

I personally think Batman gets way too much love as it is, I totally understand why though, money talks. However the '66 line is probably the only Bats line I'll never buy any Pops from, I always hated how the characters looked, and the show itself.

More Batman villains on the other hand...
INSTAGRAM @richisdisturbed
POP! (6inch) : 72 (5/72)
POP! Rides : 2
1st : Alien (Aliens)
50th : Gizmo (Gremlins)
100th :
Latest : Red, White, & Pink Action Pose Power Rangers
Fav POP! : Ted (Flocked) (Ted 2) & Scooby Doo (Flocked)

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:47 pm

richisdisturbed wrote: However the '66 line is probably the only Bats line I'll never buy any Pops from, I always hated how the characters looked, and the show itself.

I'm sorry you feel that way...but each to their own :-/

The Return of The Caped Crusaders, despite being animated and featuring leads in their 80s was one of the warmest, funniest and respectful Batman movies in recent years...a far cry from the gritty, uninspiring and down right depressing live-action cinematic evolution of the character and franchise in general...*shrugs* but that's imo...

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:21 am

I enjoyed Return of the Caped Crusader (saw it in the limited theater release), but I'd rather have more Pops from the show itself, like Wave 2 that's been announced. Here's hoping for Batgirl, Riddler, Penguin, Mr. Freeeze and perhaps some oddballs like Egghead, King Tut, and Bookworm.

richisdisturbed

Postby richisdisturbed » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:31 am

popmad2016 wrote:
richisdisturbed wrote: However the '66 line is probably the only Bats line I'll never buy any Pops from, I always hated how the characters looked, and the show itself.

The Return of The Caped Crusaders, despite being animated and featuring leads in their 80s was one of the warmest, funniest and respectful Batman movies in recent years...a far cry from the gritty, uninspiring and down right depressing live-action cinematic evolution of the character and franchise in general...*shrugs* but that's imo...

I dunno if you already do, but you should watch the entire DC Animated Universe. So many good films in there to be honest. I do enjoy the dark & gritty tone of the DCU though, to me it's like a reflection of the world with superheroes, a much better take on a world with superpowers than Marvel Universe, buuuut I'm a massive DC fanboy, so it could just be that playing it's part! lol

As for old-skool Bats, I've tried many times to enjoy the show, but it just doesn't sit well with me for some reason & I really can't put my finger on it. (I absoloutly HATE Robin in that though! lol)
100th :

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:18 am

richisdisturbed wrote:
popmad2016 wrote:

I dunno if you already do, but you should watch the entire DC Animated Universe. So many good films in there to be honest. I do enjoy the dark & gritty tone of the DCU though, to me it's like a reflection of the world with superheroes, a much better take on a world with superpowers than Marvel Universe, buuuut I'm a massive DC fanboy, so it could just be that playing it's part! lol

As for old-skool Bats, I've tried many times to enjoy the show, but it just doesn't sit well with me for some reason & I really can't put my finger on it. (I absoloutly HATE Robin in that though! lol)

lol cool, yeah definitely a DC fan over Marvel here also...always have been! ;) I've seen a few...The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 is one of my favs...actually as a kid I was exposed to the grittier / darker world of Batman in comics. Adam West's Batman on television and this kind of Batman in print...was quite a culture shock lol

I've got Batman Year One, but haven't watched it yet.

Seen quite a few of the Superman animated features and I'll say that the quality with these is pretty varied...but that also is probably dependent on what comic source material they've chosen to adapt. I quite enjoyed the Doomsday one though. From 1989 till about mid 1994 the Superman / Action comics were legendary stuff...

BTW, Batman 1989 is my fav Bats film to date. Also loved Nolan's The Dark Knight & even more so The Dark Knight Rises. So I have no probs with a dark Batman. I guess, I just like nearly all interpretations...oh, The Animated Series with Kevin Conroy was great too...

However, like you can't seem to warm to West's Batman universe, I have absolutely no time for the recent Affleck Batman or Cavill Superman universe...just can't get in to it...which is weird because when it comes to Batman VS Superman, I love the Frank Miller source material *shrugs*...

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:13 pm

I have to admit I feel batman is so saturated but batman 66 items are awesome would love some more of the batman 66 villans
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

The_Ginger_Pop

Postby The_Ginger_Pop » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:30 am

I would absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE for more Batman '66 Pops! I would need more pops from the show first, but wouldn't be against them trying their hand at the animated film later on as well. But first GIMME THEM Batman '66 TV SHOW POPS!!! [-o<

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:28 am

The_Ginger_Pop wrote:I would absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE for more Batman '66 Pops! I would need more pops from the show first, but wouldn't be against them trying their hand at the animated film later on as well. But first GIMME THEM Batman '66 TV SHOW POPS!!! [-o<

Your enthusiasm makes me smile :)

We are getting a wave 2 this year of the 66" TV Pop!s...here's hoping The Penguin, The Riddler, King Tut, Shamus, Eggman, Batgirl etc...maybe even a Bruce, Dick & Alfred!! Good times ahead! Definitely in my top 5 Pop! lines that I collect!

The_Ginger_Pop

Postby The_Ginger_Pop » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:34 am

popmad2016 wrote:
The_Ginger_Pop wrote:I would absolutely LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEE for more Batman '66 Pops! I would need more pops from the show first, but wouldn't be against them trying their hand at the animated film later on as well. But first GIMME THEM Batman '66 TV SHOW POPS!!! [-o<

Your enthusiasm makes me smile :)

We are getting a wave 2 this year of the 66" TV Pop!s...here's hoping The Penguin, The Riddler, King Tut, Shamus, Eggman, Batgirl etc...maybe even a Bruce, Dick & Alfred!! Good times ahead! Definitely in my top 5 Pop! lines that I collect!

Always happy to make someone else smile! :queen:

AHHHH!!! :blob3: :blob3: :blob3: This is the most amazing news I've heard in forever! \:D/ ...BATGIRL NEEDS to be the crowning glory of this series! If she's not a part of Wave 2 I don't know what I'll do! :crybaby: ...if they don't, maybe LoC can do a Batman '66 Box and make her an Exclusive, but I really hope she's in Wave 2!

Is Wave 1 considered Batman, Robin, Catwoman, Joker, Surf's Up Batman & Surf's Up Joker? Do they usually do the same number in each wave? My Top 6 for Wave 2 would be BATGIRL, Eartha Kitt's Catwoman, King Tut, The Penguin, The Riddler & Mr. Freeze or maybe Egghead...or maybe Alfred!

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:39 am

What some folks need to understand is for some older people who watched the show when it was actually on or those of us who watched reruns in the 70s and 80s, Adam West IS Batman and everything else is like a different animal...personally I like nearly all of the different incarnations of Batman and if they're going to do Rainbow and Zebra Batman I welcome any 66 stuff to the line...my two cents...

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:18 pm

The_Ginger_Pop wrote:
popmad2016 wrote:
The_Ginger_Pop wrote: My Top 6 for Wave 2 would be BATGIRL, Eartha Kitt's Catwoman, King Tut, The Penguin, The Riddler & Mr. Freeze or maybe Egghead...or maybe Alfred!

Mr.Freeze would be amazing! Hoping it would be based on Otto Preminger's ice fiend, rather than the Eli Wallach version (a bit like Julie Newmar was and is the only Catwoman for me personally).

An Aldred with the bat phone perhaps?

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:31 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:What some folks need to understand is for some older people who watched the show when it was actually on or those of us who watched reruns in the 70s and 80s, Adam West IS Batman and everything else is like a different animal...personally I like nearly all of the different incarnations of Batman and if they're going to do Rainbow and Zebra Batman I welcome any 66 stuff to the line...my two cents...

Thank you! Exactly! It was an important part of our childhood and is associated with very happy memories.

Adam West will always be the true Batman for me...but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy other variations of the character (as mentioned earlier).

People like to label everything nowadays, but truth be told there was nothing camp about this series when we watched it as children...just thrilling adventure! It was witty / funny, exciting, colorful and the cliffhangers were the talk of the playground at school.

Everything that gets made now has to be too clever for it's own good (as seen with the forthcoming Batman Lego movie)...sometimes it's nice not to over analyze everything and just enjoy the ride!

And one thing Batman 66 has over some of it's predecessors (Batman Lego movie *cough*) is that it always remained respectful to the franchise...it had fun aplenty, but never MADE fun out of the characters featured. I miss those days quite frankly...

The_Ginger_Pop

Postby The_Ginger_Pop » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:02 pm

popmad2016 wrote:
The_Ginger_Pop wrote:
popmad2016 wrote:

Mr.Freeze would be amazing! Hoping it would be based on Otto Preminger's ice fiend, rather than the Eli Wallach version (a bit like Julie Newmar was and is the only Catwoman for me personally).

I agree a Mr. Freeze would be a great one and so many people seemed to want one in LoC Boxes. I would say Otto is my top choice for Freeze as well, I hope they give him his big ginger eye brows! Although Otto or Eli versions would be better than George Sanders unfortunately, his version of Freeze wouldn't be a very interesting Pop, unless maybe he had the bubble helmet on? lol

Julie Newmar is always and forever THE CATWOMAN, but I wouldn't mind having an Earth Kitt Catwoman Pop as she's a close second, plus she was the Catwoman that got to interact with Batgirl!

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:27 pm

The_Ginger_Pop wrote:
popmad2016 wrote:
The_Ginger_Pop wrote:

I agree a Mr. Freeze would be a great one and so many people seemed to want one in LoC Boxes. I would say Otto is my top choice for Freeze as well, I hope they give him his big ginger eye brows! Although Otto or Eli versions would be better than George Sanders unfortunately, his version of Freeze wouldn't be a very interesting Pop, unless maybe he had the bubble helmet on? lol

Julie Newmar is always and forever THE CATWOMAN, but I wouldn't mind having an Earth Kitt Catwoman Pop as she's a close second, plus she was the Catwoman that got to interact with Batgirl!

There is definitely enough fans for Kitt's Catwoman. It definitely should probably happen. She was definitely the second most iconic Catwoman for a lot of people :)

I'm desperately wanting The Penguin myself!! Wah! Wah! (Penguin impersonation quack hehe)

The Catwoman and Penguin episodes were always my favs, then followed by Joker, Riddler and Tut ;) Some villians I can't be bothered with though and to this day I choose just to skip the episodes altogether (False Face, The Puzzler, Clock King, Mad Hatter, The Bookworm, Zelda, Ma Parker, The Sandman, Black Widow, Siren etc etc...).

A bit like how I choose not to watch any non-Newmar Catwoman eps. I don't mind Shamus and Eggman though...but just want the famous baddies mostly.

Yes George Sanders is definitely the least interesting of the Mr.Freeze selection! :P

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:37 pm

I welcome any merchandise that has to do with Batman '66, and I can't wait for the sequel with Shatner.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

richisdisturbed

Postby richisdisturbed » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:27 am

brooklyn_geek wrote:What some folks need to understand is for some older people who watched the show when it was actually on or those of us who watched reruns in the 70s and 80s, Adam West IS Batman and everything else is like a different animal...personally I like nearly all of the different incarnations of Batman and if they're going to do Rainbow and Zebra Batman I welcome any 66 stuff to the line...my two cents...

What some folks need to understand is some older people who watched the show in the 80s, still don't like it. Don't presume a person is younger just as they hold a difference of opinion to you. :)
100th :

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:22 am

richisdisturbed wrote:

What some folks need to understand is some older people who watched the show in the 80s, still don't like it. Don't presume a person is younger just as they hold a difference of opinion to you. :)

Didn't single you out, nor was I speaking to your individual opinion or I'd have quoted you. My point was that some people's first exposure to the character was 66 Batman and that is Batman to them...assumptions aside, we get it, you don't like 66 Batman...thanks? lol No headhunting please it's just opinions ;)

richisdisturbed

Postby richisdisturbed » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:05 pm

brooklyn_geek wrote:
richisdisturbed wrote:

Didn't single you out, nor was I speaking to your individual opinion or I'd have quoted you. My point was that some people's first exposure to the character was 66 Batman and that is Batman to them...assumptions aside, we get it, you don't like 66 Batman...thanks? lol No headhunting please it's just opinions ;)

It's all good, I just thought that with me being the only one here speaking bad it was directed at me, so couldn't help but retort. It's all fun and games though! :)
100th :

TanyaTate

Postby TanyaTate » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:12 pm

I'm all for more Batman '66! As you can see I'm a fan

Here I am with Julie

WANTED: Hanna Barbara Huckleberry Hound POP Dark Purple, Light Purple, Orange, Red, Pink, Green and Dorbz Purple, Orange
My Youtube Channel

popmad2016

Postby popmad2016 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:29 pm

TanyaTate wrote:I'm all for more Batman '66! As you can see I'm a fan

Here I am with Julie

That's a sweet Catwoman proto there! Also, love the photo of you with Julie Newmar! Awesome :freddy2:

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Great set Tanya!! Nice costume too..i need to get me one of those for trick'r treating next year lol Would love to see all the mortified faces as they open the door with me wearing that lmao
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Return to “Pop!”