Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (February release)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
POPHawk

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (February release)

Postby POPHawk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:25 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:I'm actually laughing. lol

lol :beerchug:
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Is there a DCPI for the Walmart Groot??? I saw one on ebay and am in Hunt Mode.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:20 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:Is there a DCPI for the Walmart Groot??? I saw one on ebay and am in Hunt Mode.

Someone said there was some info in the Marvel news thread
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Force951

Postby Force951 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:30 am

I hit up a few GS this weekend, saw plenty of GotG2 pops at Ontario Mills, even got a chase Star-Lord. However the other 3 i hit up had very little to none in stock.

Tedesch401

Postby Tedesch401 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Anyone have any idea when we should start looking for the Toys R Us Star Lord exclusive?

The Head

Postby The Head » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:52 pm

Starlord chase has eluded me so far, but still.hoping to find one in the wild.

Shaze101

Postby Shaze101 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:25 pm

Hello all! I'm a newbie at Funko Pop! Collecting, but my wife and I are eager and excited nonetheless. I was able to snag 4 of the GoTG Vol. 2 Pop!'s at GameStop the other day. They were having a buy 3 get 1 free sale.

I was able to grab: Commom Groot, Common Drax, GameStop exclusive Rocket, and I consider myself lucky enough to snag a Chase edition Star Lord!

I'm wondering; is it worth it/am I suppose to try to collect the other variants of groot? And if so, what are the chances of me snagging a 10 inch Groot?

All in all I think this line's designs are beautiful and are top quality! (Especially Drax with his tattoos.)

Thanks!

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:06 pm

Shaze101 wrote:Hello all! I'm a newbie at Funko Pop! Collecting, but my wife and I are eager and excited nonetheless. I was able to snag 4 of the GoTG Vol. 2 Pop!'s at GameStop the other day. They were having a buy 3 get 1 free sale.

I was able to grab: Commom Groot, Common Drax, GameStop exclusive Rocket, and I consider myself lucky enough to snag a Chase edition Star Lord!

I'm wondering; is it worth it/am I suppose to try to collect the other variants of groot? And if so, what are the chances of me snagging a 10 inch Groot?

All in all I think this line's designs are beautiful and are top quality! (Especially Drax with his tattoos.)

Thanks!

Congrats on your haul and snagging a chase! That's definitely a lucky grab. :) As far as the Groot variants go... you're not "supposed" to collect anything. You just get what you like. If you collect based on what you think you "should" be buying instead of just buying what you really want you'll end up with some buyers remorse. At least that's my opinion.

A lot of us here are eager to snag the 10 inch Groot as well but I'm not certain about the odds. One thing though, check out the Target thread because there are helpful comments and tracking info you can use.

I agree about the line, it is very well done. Tons of great detail!
Higher, Further, Faster

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:26 am

Shaze101 wrote:Hello all! I'm a newbie at Funko Pop! Collecting, but my wife and I are eager and excited nonetheless. I was able to snag 4 of the GoTG Vol. 2 Pop!'s at GameStop the other day. They were having a buy 3 get 1 free sale.

Thanks!

Nice work snagging the Starlord POP :) he looks great :cheers:

I would say its worth picking up the Groot although chances are slim it isn't impossible but always collect what you want, don't buy something because you feel you have to, just like ScarletFunko said and if you see something you like, even if it's from a line you never thought you would end up collecting, go for it because you may end up liking new POPs

I can't really add any more but I do agree with everything said more or less and the new Guardian POPs are amazing :cheers:
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

Shaze101

Postby Shaze101 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:43 am

POPHawk wrote:

Thanks!

I would say its worth picking up the Groot although chances are slim it isn't impossible but always collect what you want, don't buy something because you feel you have to, just like ScarletFunko said and if you see something you like, even if it's from a line you never thought you would end up collecting, go for it because you may end up liking new POPs

I can't really add any more but I do agree with everything said more or less and the new Guardian POPs are amazing :cheers:

Thank you for the advice! I do consider myself lucky, I'm a huge fan of GoTG and it means much more that I got star lord's chase.

I agree with what you said, I feel better now knowing I don't have to get them all lol! Although if I do by chance come across the HT exclusive I think I'd snag that one because I think groot looks pretty in his guardians leather suit.

Thanks for your help! Now all is left is Gamore and (hopefully) 10 inch Groot!

Shaze101

Postby Shaze101 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:43 am

POPHawk wrote:

Thanks!

And thank you as well!

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:23 am

Shaze101 wrote:And thank you as well!

POPINABOX AFFILIATE

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:30 pm

I really can't wait to get my hands on this line. They haven't shown up at work but I might get to order them online soon.

doao

Postby doao » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:20 am

Has anyone found them at Barnes and Noble yet?

Rgncajun

Postby Rgncajun » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:31 am

I see everything except the chase star lord, fml! I'm still hunting all the game stops today.

thankyouforsmoking

Postby thankyouforsmoking » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:17 pm

That chase starlord is hard to find

Hi, I am Jared.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:05 pm

doao wrote:Has anyone found them at Barnes and Noble yet?

No I went to 2 Yesterday and nothing. I saw art of them on a cardboard display, so I would assume they are coming, but when I asked employees they said they had no idea if/when. Generally Barnes and Noble is pretty slow at getting in new lines unless it is significant to them, like the dr. suess line (because it's books).
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:10 pm

Day 8...notifications from Toy Wars: 0. Patience: thinning.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

The Head

Postby The Head » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:24 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:Day 8...notifications from Toy Wars: 0. Patience: thinning.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:04 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:Day 8...notifications from Toy Wars: 0. Patience: thinning.

This is why I decided not to buy the new Overwatch POP!'s from them because I've heard they are pretty slow at getting out preorders. [-(
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:47 pm

I went to my closest GS this morning to buy the only TG exclusive Harley Quinn they had, and to my surprise they had not one but two chase Star-lords sitting there! I couldn't believe it! This is the first time I have ever found a chase in the wild, and they had two of them. I just bought the one that had the best paint job and box and left the other one for someone else. Hopefully a collector gets to it before a flipper. I also bought my first GotG PSH from there, which ironically ended up being the Pop's counterpart. A very good start to my day. I finally have my very first chase! :cheers: :freddy2:

Rgncajun

Postby Rgncajun » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:51 pm

Ugh so lucky! I can't find one chase star lord at all.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Thanks to a fellow Funatic I got a Star-Lord chase!! My most wanted chase is finally mine! Now if only my commons would ship and I could get my hands on the few retailer exclusives I want.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Pretty excited for this one, I think the first GoTG box was my favorite from year 1.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Has anyone seen or heard anything regarding the giant Groot pop at Target?

Tony_Funko
Location: In Canada. Specifically, Ontario. In a town just outside Toronto, that is.

Postby Tony_Funko » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Just curious: does anyone prefer the Gamestop exclusive Rocket over the common? When I first came across the GS version, my first thought was, 'Where are the flames?' To me, the flames seal the deal so the exclusive seems to be missing something...just my take, of course.

So I just wanted to hear from other Funatics--what's your view on these two Pops? If you like the GS one more, what are your reasons for your preference?

Oh, and for those who haven't seen a comparison, here's a visual aid:

Pops I would love to see:

Hanna Barbera
  • Yogi Bear
  • Boo Boo
  • Captain Caveman
  • Snagglepuss (hurray, another one off the list!)
  • Baba Looey

DC
  • Lex Luthor
  • Talon
  • Impulse
  • Black Adam
  • Kilowog
  • Ras al Ghul
  • Brainiac

Marvel
  • Mr. Sinister
  • Bruce Banner
  • Scorpion
  • Mary Jane Watson
  • Bishop
  • Rintrah
  • Black Lightning
  • Mysterio
  • Iron Fist
  • M.O.D.O.K.
  • Spider-Woman

Hi, I'm Tony

Funkopoplover91

Postby Funkopoplover91 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:40 pm

ohheyitsshannon wrote:Has anyone seen or heard anything regarding the giant Groot pop at Target?

late march

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:50 pm

I actually prefer the common to the GS exclusive. The first Rocket was one of the few GOTG Pops I actually ended up with and they look too similar for me to want the GS one.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Funkopoplover91 wrote:
ohheyitsshannon wrote:Has anyone seen or heard anything regarding the giant Groot pop at Target?

late march

Really? Seems a bit late to me. lol

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:57 pm

The common Rocket blows away the GS one for me. I think that flying pose is just perfect. I'd love to finally see him in person, Toy Wars. (Grumble)

Avengers74

Postby Avengers74 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:11 pm

The common Rocket wins hands down for me. I agree that it is odd that the Exclusive is so generic. It is definitely missing that extra something. Also to me, the top half is the same on both so I would only get one of the two.

Classier

Postby Classier » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:20 pm

I like both Rocket figures, but I prefer the GS one as it fits in easier with the rest of the set.

Rgncajun

Postby Rgncajun » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:58 pm

The target groot is coming out late march now? Ugh

Marvel486

Postby Marvel486 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:00 pm

Can we expect a wave 2 or something similar for this line, I really need Yondu and Ayesha??

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:02 pm

I prefer the GS exclusive by a large margin, tbh. I bought that one as fast as I could, but am skipping the common release. I just don't care much for action poses, especially flying ones. Just my own personal preference.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:11 pm

Marvel486 wrote:Can we expect a wave 2 or something similar for this line, I really need Yondu and Ayesha??

James Gunn has made clear that we will be getting Yondu, Ayesha and Kraglin eventually.

ohheyitsshannon

Postby ohheyitsshannon » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:28 pm

Rgncajun wrote:The target groot is coming out late march now? Ugh

I know. Bit of a bummer.

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:37 am

Common Rocket is far superior. I nearly picked him up this weekend and I don't collect Marvel Pips even though I am a Marvel fangirl.

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:54 am

I love both rocket pops, but maybe GameStop exclusive could have had a different hand pose to make rocket looks a little different besides no flames.
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

Funkopoplover91

Postby Funkopoplover91 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:43 am

It was always late March. THE DPCI just leaked super early.

Return to “Pop!”