Should I give a duck?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
GrootIAmNot

Should I give a duck?

Postby GrootIAmNot » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:24 am

I am a guardians of the Galaxy specific collector.
When it comes to Howard the duck I'm a bit split. He's not a GOTG pop (hence then packaging), but he does appear in post credits.

I personally don't like the pop, but part of me feels I should get it because he played some small part in the film.

kitkats_mommy

Re: Should I give a duck?

Postby kitkats_mommy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:12 am

I always say buy what you like, there are plenty of pops I don't have because they're just not my fav even if they're from something I collect. And vice versa, there are plenty of characters I have randoms of because I just love the look of them but it's not normally a fandom I would collect.
I'm Josie, super uber nerd here!! Collector of Funko, Pins and Patches. Self Proclaimed Loungefly Ambassador/Guru lol Funko's Funatic of the week 6/17/15. The United Funko Family Founder. Check out my Insta @Loungefly._.Addict

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:14 am

Like Josie said, buy what you like! If you really want to be "complete" then you could pick him up, but if you don't care for the character just let him be. There is a certain board member on here who would tell you to buy all the Howard's though.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:59 am

In all sincerity, buy what you like. If you're content with your collection the way you have it then that's all that matters. BUT...everybody should buy all the Howard stuff, all the time. :devil: :devil:
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:14 pm

If you're a completionist i would give a duck, if not, then no ducks should be given.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:22 pm

If he were holding a martini glass, I'd say he belongs in the GotG collection, but he isn't, so he doesn't. :brilsmurf:

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:32 pm

Chase Variant wrote:If he were holding a martini glass, I'd say he belongs in the GotG collection, but he isn't, so he doesn't. :brilsmurf:

I'd really like to hear that that's coming. A new Howard pop based on his modern design would be so great.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:33 pm

As a Batman-only collector, I have a bit of experience with this kind of line-drawing. For instance, when do I buy Superman figures? I've decided (for the good of my wallet and enjoyment), that I only buy Superman if he's in a Batman-specific line. Superman is his own franchise, after all.

For example, I'm buying the Dark Knight Returns Superman Pop. That's a Batman series. Meanwhile, I skipped the Batman v. Superman Superman figures, because that's not just a Batman series. I'll also skip any Justice League versions of Superman. But if they made a Superman Beyond from Batman Beyond, I'd buy that, because Batman Beyond is very much just a Batman series.

So my advice would be to buy Howard if he's in s Guardian-specific series. If he's just a regular Marvel Pop, skip him. And above all else, only buy what you like!

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:49 am

When I was buying the full set of common GOTG I threw him in there along with Cosmo.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:53 pm

Cosmo definitely belongs in a GotG collection. There's no way around that.

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:03 pm

GrootIAmNot wrote:I am a guardians of the Galaxy specific collector.
When it comes to Howard the duck I'm a bit split. He's not a GOTG pop (hence then packaging), but he does appear in post credits.

I personally don't like the pop, but part of me feels I should get it because he played some small part in the film.

Personally I don't think he played any part in the film any more than the Bugs did simply for being in the Toy Story credits. Plus you don't like it. No brainer there lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:17 pm

Just make this simple and buy all pops without hesitation. Every. Single. One. I mean really, don't you want to do your part in the economic recovery?

GrootIAmNot

Postby GrootIAmNot » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:52 am

Chase Variant wrote:Cosmo definitely belongs in a GotG collection. There's no way around that.

Agreed

Return to “Pop!”