Walgreens Exclusives

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Lilbrimer23

Walgreens Exclusives

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:41 pm

So have we gotten word of any new Walgreens exclusives lately? All I've seen is the new power ranger pint size heroes. I miss my almost daily scouring of 11 Walgreens stores around us. Just curious and not looking for any unannounced leaks. Just thought we were going to get alot more Walgreens exclusives.
My name is Jonathan.
ISO: Faker Dorbz!!
White Knight Freddy Dorbz

Pops: 819
Dorbz: 545
Ridez: 35
Rides: 5
Minis: 547
Pocket Pop!: 73
PSH: 279
Hikari: 8
Mini Hikari: 13

DefNotBlitz

Re: Walgreens Exclusives

Postby DefNotBlitz » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:42 pm

No. No more Walgreens exclusive. Don't wish for such things.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Loadholt

Postby Loadholt » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:03 pm

I was actually just thinking about this time last year, when Goblin and crew were coming out and it was just mayhem. Fun times.(For me at least)

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:24 pm

Lucky you! I rarely have luck with Walgreens even though there are 6 near me. So if Funko were to ease up with the exclusives they give them I'd be happy honestly.
Higher, Further, Faster

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:31 am

I had family visiting Australia so I just had them bring the recent Walgreens exclusives back with them. Much easier than actually finding them at Walgreens.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:42 am

Any exclusive you find at my local Walgreens are considered chases lol
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:44 am

On Funko FunKast (don't remember if it was episode 2 or 3) they said they were going to start releasing more chases instead of exclusives.
Image Image Image Image

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:06 am

All of my local Walgreens (and there are a lot of them) are terrible at getting exclusives. No business has been worse in my area then them. I dread having to hunt for exclusives there.

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:47 am

The Walgreens closest to me gets exclusives on every once in a while but they still have the same 2 Olafs sitting on the shelf that have been there over a year. I may just buy them to help them get new stock in lol
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:31 am

Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day as well. They focus mostly on marvel, specifically spidey and friends so I was thinking that maybe Nova would be on their radar.

Interesting about focusing more on chases vs. store exclusives. I wish they wouldn't do that, but what can you do. I personally have not had too much of an issue with WAG exclusives with a few exceptions, so I'm game for more. If the chase becomes easier to obtain and hence less attractive for flippers, I'm game, but we'll see.

Loadholt

Postby Loadholt » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:06 pm

The Head wrote:Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day as well. They focus mostly on marvel, specifically spidey and friends so I was thinking that maybe Nova would be on their radar.

Interesting about focusing more on chases vs. store exclusives. I wish they wouldn't do that, but what can you do. I personally have not had too much of an issue with WAG exclusives with a few exceptions, so I'm game for more. If the chase becomes easier to obtain and hence less attractive for flippers, I'm game, but we'll see.

Man would I love Nova. Been wanting on him for awhile. Can definitely see him coming to Walgreens, maybe with Super Skrull too. One can dream!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:28 pm

MartinMtz702 wrote:On Funko FunKast (don't remember if it was episode 2 or 3) they said they were going to start releasing more chases instead of exclusives.

Hmm that's interesting. Did they mention if they were going to be 1:6 or 1:36 ones?
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:07 pm

I know some hate Walgreens exclusives but I have to say I have everyone except the original punisher and the chase green goblin. Because I've only been collecting for 6 months. But seeing that they are leaning more towards walmart exclusives terrifies me. Only ever found the stocking stuffers dorbz and the "dc mystery" box. And I got lucky and found the wonder woman exclusive purely by being lucky. If they go with more Wm exclusives I'm in trouble. At least Walgreens exclusives don't cost much on the secondary market either. Walmart is awful in my area. Even having 12 of them within 15 miles they still never get anything. Shoot I'd even help fellow funatics with Walgreens exclusives if I could get help with walmart ones. Sad thing is I'm 4 hours drive from Walmart world headquarters and we still can't get them on shelves.
My name is Jonathan.

JoshChaos

Postby JoshChaos » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:48 pm

My closest Walgreens are around 25 minutes away. They're good about getting the exclusives. The only one I haven't been able to find at either of those stores is the Rey one.

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:58 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
MartinMtz702 wrote:On Funko FunKast (don't remember if it was episode 2 or 3) they said they were going to start releasing more chases instead of exclusives.

Hmm that's interesting. Did they mention if they were going to be 1:6 or 1:36 ones?

:wwe11: I struggle with the exclusives...I'm sure the chases will be even more "fun" lol
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:01 pm

We are set to get a distribution of dorbz starting next week. I don't see anything that stands out as an exclusive, but there are also like 30 upcs in the variety.

As far as pops go, haven't been able to spot anything out of the ordinary for weeks. I have searched in the system, it appears that Steven Anne no longer works with us, and I have been unable to locate our current toy buyer. I don't think we have any corporate honchos to navigate any sort of exclsuive deals.

That being said, my store is currently being restocked with Rey, Spider Gwen, Ms Marvel, and Scarlett Spider.

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:13 pm

jambes wrote:I have searched in the system, it appears that Steven Anne no longer works with us, and I have been unable to locate our current toy buyer. I don't think we have any corporate honchos to navigate any sort of exclsuive deals.

I have zero contacts or experience as a toy buyer, but if there is an opening, point me to where I send my resume. I have been telling people how to pay their employees and executives for over 15 years so surely I can navigate this toy buying business! lol

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:39 pm

The Head wrote:
jambes wrote:I have searched in the system, it appears that Steven Anne no longer works with us, and I have been unable to locate our current toy buyer. I don't think we have any corporate honchos to navigate any sort of exclsuive deals.

I have zero contacts or experience as a toy buyer, but if there is an opening, point me to where I send my resume. I have been telling people how to pay their employees and executives for over 15 years so surely I can navigate this toy buying business! lol

I have been trying to figure out how to apply for the last 6 months, but they haven't listed the opening. I will let you know if I find it!

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:23 pm

jambes wrote:
The Head wrote:

I have been trying to figure out how to apply for the last 6 months, but they haven't listed the opening. I will let you know if I find it!

I'm only half serious. I'm not driving my arse up to Deerfield! [-(

If you find it though, you should totally apply!

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:26 pm

The Head wrote:
jambes wrote:
The Head wrote:I have zero contacts or experience as a toy buyer, but if there is an opening, point me to where I send my resume. I have been telling people how to pay their employees and executives for over 15 years so surely I can navigate this toy buying business! lol

I'm pretty sure they are out if Northbrook

The Head

Postby The Head » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:30 pm

jambes wrote:
The Head wrote:
jambes wrote:

I'm pretty sure they are out if Northbrook

You say tomayto, I say tomahto (that saying doesn't translate as well in written form so did my best...). ;)

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:38 pm

I just read that the vintage homage Star Wars Greedo, Hammerhead, and Walrus Man will be Walgreens exclusives.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:57 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:I just read that the vintage homage Star Wars Greedo, Hammerhead, and Walrus Man will be Walgreens exclusives.

What I just saw about them, they are Walmart.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:00 pm

jambes wrote:
allcutethings2 wrote:I just read that the vintage homage Star Wars Greedo, Hammerhead, and Walrus Man will be Walgreens exclusives.

What I just saw about them, they are Walmart.

That would be better! Hope it's that and not Walgreens; at least with Walmart, they usually can be ordered online.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

SCF

Postby SCF » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:00 pm

I haven't had much trouble getting Walgreens exclusives, but I have been pleased with not having to hunt there lately. Time has been tight and any place I can drive by is good with me.
ImageImage

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:39 am

I have yet to find the one Walgreens exclusive I want the most: Unmasked Spider Gwen. After going to and searching at many Walgreens, no luck.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:I have yet to find the one Walgreens exclusive I want the most: Unmasked Spider Gwen. After going to and searching at many Walgreens, no luck.

I've been seeing that one a lot around me lately (though for some reason none of them have the Walgreens exclusive sticker on them). I'm happy to pick one up and send it to you. Let me know!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

RichCo

Postby RichCo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Walgreens exclusives are either hit or miss for me. Scarlet Spider -encountered a few in the wild. Spider-man 2099 & Unmasked Spider-Gwen - NADA. I don't get it.
Attended
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021
NYCC Fright Night 2022
Camp Fundays

Proud Funatic since 2012!
:freddy2:

Image Image Image Image

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Personally, I have never had trouble with walgreens exclusive and have most of the ones that I have wanted. However, I have never even seen a chase in the wild unless you count super marked up prices at places like comic book stores or Toy Tokyo.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Redhead01

Postby Redhead01 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:40 pm

Lilbrimer23 wrote:So have we gotten word of any new Walgreens exclusives lately? All I've seen is the new power ranger pint size heroes. I miss my almost daily scouring of 11 Walgreens stores around us. Just curious and not looking for any unannounced leaks. Just thought we were going to get alot more Walgreens exclusives.

if by chance u go for the psh and need a person to sell lmk i want a few of the exclusives
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... I5WQQ7HK1/

ISO
Maleficent(Movie)

Pintsized heroes Power Rangers Zordon, Lord Zedd, Unmasked Yellow, and Unmasked White

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Redhead01 wrote:
Lilbrimer23 wrote:So have we gotten word of any new Walgreens exclusives lately? All I've seen is the new power ranger pint size heroes. I miss my almost daily scouring of 11 Walgreens stores around us. Just curious and not looking for any unannounced leaks. Just thought we were going to get alot more Walgreens exclusives.

if by chance u go for the psh and need a person to sell lmk i want a few of the exclusives

If/when they show up and I get duplicates you will be my first contact.
My name is Jonathan.

Redhead01

Postby Redhead01 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Lilbrimer23 wrote:
Redhead01 wrote:

If/when they show up and I get duplicates you will be my first contact.

yay \:D/
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... I5WQQ7HK1/

ISO
Maleficent(Movie)

Pintsized heroes Power Rangers Zordon, Lord Zedd, Unmasked Yellow, and Unmasked White

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:17 pm

I guess that helps answer my question. Awesome looking pop!
My name is Jonathan.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:23 pm

Ask and you shall receive lol People really need to stop asking for Walmart exclusives!
Hi, I'm Merri!

Lilbrimer23

Postby Lilbrimer23 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:32 pm

synergy56 wrote:Ask and you shall receive lol People really need to stop asking for Walmart exclusives!

Agreed. Walmart is the worst. What's even worse is they seem to get all the good stuff lately.
My name is Jonathan.

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:51 pm

synergy56 wrote:Ask and you shall receive lol People really need to stop asking for Walmart exclusives!

Walmart's been exploding with exclusives recently! But at least they are getting a little better about having stuff in stock. Or at least my store is getting a little better.
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:04 pm

valorandvellum wrote:

Walmart's been exploding with exclusives recently! But at least they are getting a little better about having stuff in stock. Or at least my store is getting a little better.

Lucky. Hmmm...now I know who to ask to get me Walmart stuff! Thanks lol
Hi, I'm Merri!

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:06 pm

synergy56 wrote:Lucky. Hmmm...now I know who to ask to get me Walmart stuff! Thanks lol

I've got your back!

But seriously, ever since the DC boxes, they've been pretty decent about getting exclusives! Including some of the older ones that suddenly showed up.
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:08 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
synergy56 wrote:Lucky. Hmmm...now I know who to ask to get me Walmart stuff! Thanks lol

I've got your back!

But seriously, ever since the DC boxes, they've been pretty decent about getting exclusives! Including some of the older ones that suddenly showed up.

I think mine may actually get some, but we don't have a TON of Walmarts in the Bay Area and I think they just get cleaned out super fast. I was really lucky to get those Batgirl, Jasmine and Abu Dorbz, but I literally went to the store every day for a week to do it. And they were already wiped out of the batmans.
Hi, I'm Merri!

The Minifigure Vinyl

Postby The Minifigure Vinyl » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:05 pm

People need to stop asking for exclusives that aren't from Hot Topic! lol They always get a surplus of exclusives and I always have $5 coupons there!

Return to “Pop!”