Revenge of the Sith 3-pack and Cantina 3-pack (original Kenner Toys colorways)- WM exclusives

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
treswright

Re: Revenge of the Sith 3-pack and Cantina 3-pack (original Kenner Toys colorways)- WM exclusives

Postby treswright » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:36 pm

valorandvellum wrote:Sadly, it was the first thing I noticed. My 6th sense is seeing butts everywhere. lol

Usually I just see them on my drive to and from work lol
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Re: Revenge of the Sith 3-pack and Cantina 3-pack (original Kenner Toys colorways)- WM exclusives

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:44 pm

treswright wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:Sadly, it was the first thing I noticed. My 6th sense is seeing butts everywhere. lol

Usually I just see them on my drive to and from work lol

LOL! Same here. And I always see a ton at Costco too.
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:51 pm

Whoa! So much awesome!
I be Chris

Zorn88

Postby Zorn88 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:56 pm

Why couldn't they make that trooper Commander Cody?!

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:09 pm

Zorn88 wrote:Why couldn't they make that trooper Commander Cody?!

Can't please everyone lol
My Name is Ernie

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Love the Revenge of the Sith pack! That Emperor with that lightning! Woohoooooo :) I like the other pack too, but I made a New Years resolution to cut back on Star Wars since I can't fit in all in one place, and I never collected or had the original Kenner toys so I don't need those colorways. They do look cool though, especially the Greedo. I just need to show some self control. Thankfully I generally never find stuff myself at Walmart so I won't be faced with the choice of buying them right there in front of me.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Mikey8815

Postby Mikey8815 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:26 pm

The emperor looks awesome. I hope they make a hooded one with force lightning from jedi.
Image Image Image Image

Funko5ker

Postby Funko5ker » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Wow, these both are awesome looking sets! Love that Greedo and the Ithorian are new molds. Will definitely be on the lookout for them at Walmart :SW3:
Rob

ISO
Yoda Freddy
Orange Tux Freddy Wobbler
Scottie Dog Wobblers

ThePhantomFunko

Postby ThePhantomFunko » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:15 pm

I'll be getting both of these 3 packs but I'm way more excited for the prequel 3 pack with the Emperor, Tarful, and the Clone Trooper because I've been wanting more and more prequel trilogy POP'S to see release. You can say what you want about the prequels, but MY GAWD does that Palpatine look f'n amazing! I'm also happy to oblige on the "Kenner-coloring" 3 pack for the sheer fact that I'll finally have Hammerhead and Snaggletooth in POP form. The more characters the better.

I still can't believe I'll be owning a Max Rebo towards the end of the month and there is a General Grievous I need to hunt down. So many good things to look forward to in 2017!
Last edited by ThePhantomFunko on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xbox_jeff

Postby xbox_jeff » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:29 pm

oh, hell yes! very nice!

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:37 pm

"Unhooded Emperor."

Unhooded

Could we be seeing a hooded version by himself? I'd be down for that!
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

Leftcoast

Postby Leftcoast » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:44 pm

:SW7: :SW7a: these are amazing! They did a great job on these. But now I see butts after reading through these post :-&
ImageImageImage
Leftcoast also known as Robert
ISO:Spastik Plastic T-Bones :colors:

TheWordWizard

Postby TheWordWizard » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:44 pm

I don't collect too many Star Wars Pops (I just have the Smuggler's Bounty ones and the Hot Topic goggles Rey), but I may have to get that Revenge of the Sith three-pack. That was the film that really made my love of Star Wars take off when I was younger, and is still one of the ones that gives me the most nostalgia. And I love the orange Clone Troopers. lol

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:48 pm

They should've made the Utapau Clone Trooper, Commander Cody holding a hologram of palpatine.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

racheva

Postby racheva » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:55 pm

treswright wrote:Well it's finally official! Posted on the Funko blog:

https://funko.com/blogs/news/walmartexclusivesjan2017

I've been trying to cut back on SW Pops, but.... FUNKO MAKES ME BUY THEM ALLLLLLLLL :eek:

These look so good. I'm bummed it's Walmart, but I will try my best!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

Zorn88

Postby Zorn88 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:27 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:They should've made the Utapau Clone Trooper, Commander Cody holding a hologram of palpatine.

That would melt my brain.

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm not interested in the colorways 3-pack, but the RotS 3-pack is pretty cool. Palpatine looks awesome, and I've always liked the Clone Troopers. I'm unsure if I'll get it however, due to the large space it takes up.

YourAverageFunatic

Postby YourAverageFunatic » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Don't collect Star Wars, but Kenner colorways and Unhooded Emperor are REALLY cool! :eek:
Freddy Says "Man, are you squares-ville!"

John (formerly retro_spooner)

IG: YourAverageCollector

ISO Crystal El Diablo, Motorheadz

professorratigan

Postby professorratigan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:35 pm

I hope that Emperor gets a solo release. I want him. The other two? Not so much... I want a Dooku now!
Collecting since: August 24, 2014
First POP: Hannibal Lecter (#25)
Most Recent POP: Dodoria

ThePhantomFunko

Postby ThePhantomFunko » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:44 pm

The fact that the prequels are finally getting their due in POP's and Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus has not been given the Funko treatment yet keeps me up at night. Seriously, get on this Funko....

Also, we need a Qui-Gon that we can buy in retail and not have to pay $300+ for made available for us sometime soon. So please, with all due respect, get crackin'.....

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:59 pm

ThePhantomFunko wrote:Also, we need a Qui-Gon that we can buy in retail and not have to pay $300+ for made available for us sometime soon. So please, with all due respect, get crackin'.....

Oh sure, sure, first everyone asks for a Qui-Gon and Funko gave you exactly what you wanted, but now you want it affordable? Well you didn't say that in the first place lol lol Seriously I will NEVER understand why Funko took the one most requested Pop ever and made it an LE2000, what a slap in the face to collectors.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:05 pm

Leftcoast wrote::SW7: :SW7a: these are amazing! They did a great job on these. But now I see butts after reading through these post :-&

Then my job here is done :smt023
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:27 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:That butt face Walrus Man though... lol I know there was nothing Funko could do to avoid that but I still LOL-ed.

lol I saw you were the newest post on this thread and was hoping you'd mention butt face - you did not disappoint!

You weren't @$$king too much! I never disappoint in the end! Hopefully Walrus doesn't rear his ugly head! No ifs, ands, or butts.

BUTTS.

I actually LOL-ed at these puns. lol lol lol lol
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

rkwo

Postby rkwo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:31 am

Who's the buyer for Walmart? They stepped up big time! Those are all must gets.
Rodney Image

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:10 am

I really just want the unhooded Emperor from that set. I think I'll just wait and hope that hit clearance pretty quickly most 2/3 sets my Walmart gets.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Leftcoast

Postby Leftcoast » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:11 am

valorandvellum wrote:
Leftcoast wrote::SW7: :SW7a: these are amazing! They did a great job on these. But now I see butts after reading through these post :-&

Then my job here is done :smt023

Yes I defiantly laughed reading yours and Brett's post. So a job well done on a long Monday =D>
ImageImageImage
Leftcoast also known as Robert
ISO:Spastik Plastic T-Bones :colors:

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:20 am

Loadholt wrote:Image

Yes! Based on the glams, they nailed Palpatine's look from ROTS. So excited for the whole 3-pack!
Phillip
Official collector of nothing but Star Wars

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:32 am

I like the Emperor.. but not enough to cough up for those other two.

CyberGhostface

Postby CyberGhostface » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:43 am

First-world problems but I am a bit frustrated that the only way to get this new Palpatine sculpt is to have to buy him in a 'three-set' with two generic characters I couldn't care less about. Even if I get it at a reduced price it's still taking up additional shelf space I don't have (again, first world problems I Know). Hopefully there's at least there's another Palpy (maybe with a saber and a hood) from RotS available to the general public.

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:49 am

NEED them both!
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

Fawk

Postby Fawk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:53 am

It would be awesome if the 3 packs had the POPs individually in their own boxes too. I'd pay the extra $.50- $2 (have no idea the cost to print and glue the windows on).

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:01 am

Oh, just what I needed, more Star Wars Pops! These look awesome and hopefully they're easy for me to get my hands on. :cheers:

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:09 am

They do look nice. And i like how they match the original sets. sigh.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

xbox_jeff

Postby xbox_jeff » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Do they make pop protectors for 3-packs?

odnar

Postby odnar » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:08 pm

xbox_jeff wrote:Do they make pop protectors for 3-packs?

These guys do although they are sold out of 3-packs right now. Also make sure that the set is listed for that protector as sometimes the size can vary. I purchased some for my Thanos and Giant-Man XL Dorbzez and they were too big. He was very gracious in refunding me and even let me keep the protectors.

http://www.ivegotprotection.com/shop/3- ... -protector

Z_from_TX

Postby Z_from_TX » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:22 pm

xbox_jeff wrote:Do they make pop protectors for 3-packs?

Yes they sure do. Are you in any of the Funko trading Facebook groups? There is a guy that I buy mine from and I really like them. He has any size you need.

Koppper

Postby Koppper » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:44 pm

I wish they had decided to use Commander Cody with the visor holding the emperors holo picture or Commander Gree from Kashyykk who tried to kill Yoda while Tarfful was standing there w/ Chewie. Either way this is pretty cool, and I really hope they decide to make all the Clone Troopers.

I would be super excited to see Rex, Cody, and all the other great clones get models.

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:55 pm

synergy56 wrote:but I made a New Years resolution to cut back on Star Wars since I can't fit in all in one place

I made that resolution too! But I must have both of these packs, and of course the Taun Taun. Yeah, so far my resolution is going swimmingly lol

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:07 pm

treswright wrote:
synergy56 wrote:but I made a New Years resolution to cut back on Star Wars since I can't fit in all in one place

I made that resolution too! But I must have both of these packs, and of course the Taun Taun. Yeah, so far my resolution is going swimmingly lol

I'm trying to take an approach of "don't buy it unless you LOVE it" we shall see how it goes. Funko just happens to make a lot of stuff that I love. Need to start making some hard cuts though so something has got to give.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Return to “Pop!”