Can we have NFL Falcons Pop!s now? [UPDATE: They're Here!]

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Icetenka

Re: Can we have NFL Falcons Pop!s now?

Postby Icetenka » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:03 am

jagpop wrote:
Icetenka wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:They're WINNING the Super Bowl. At all costs. lol lol I would buy a pop of Matt Ryan to show some support.

Hope to see a good game and am going for Atlanta too. If Matt Ryan gets the SB MVP, I would like to get his POP. Had Matty Ice and Julio Jones on both of my Fantasy Football teams. Just wished that Julio was healthy during my playoffs.

This just gave me an idea. How about a chase pop of the SB MVP? Granted, the MVP could be some obscure player but still. Or having for example a regular Matt Ryan and a SB Chase Ryan.

I haven't seen an NFL Chase POP, but that could be a good idea to have a metallic MVP. Lol
Wants:
Flash POP Proto

Peachtree

Postby Peachtree » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:33 pm

I still want Falcons Pops #-o
My name is Samuel, nice to meet you!
Instagram: PeachtreeFunko
ISO: Astro Boy T-Shirt Scott Pilgrim

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:56 pm

I don't think Funko will ever be able to get the license to use Jordan so I'm finding it highly unlikely that we'll ever see Falcons POPs

Too soon? :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Trixt

Postby Trixt » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:19 pm

:-k lol
Name is Wil.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:52 am

Still want them...Jarrett deserves one after tonight. What a performance.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:15 am

Well, all I can say regarding both teams is "WOW!" Both are deserving of Pop! tributes :)

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:54 am

Give me a Brady chase with his 5 rings! Wooooo! :wwe5:
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

ricflair4ever

Postby ricflair4ever » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:17 am

What a game......not a big Falcons fan but i was pulling for them. However i can't deny the pure drama and story of Brady snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Atlanta proved a lot of folks wrong by not only surviving what some percieved would be a blowout, but pushed the Pats to the brink. Awesome game. Back to the Pops though, the idea of a Brady with his historic 5 rings would be an awesome figure to commemorate this years equally historic game.

blockablelaser

Postby blockablelaser » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:31 am

ricflair4ever wrote:What a game......not a big Falcons fan but i was pulling for them. However i can't deny the pure drama and story of Brady snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Atlanta proved a lot of folks wrong by not only surviving what some percieved would be a blowout, but pushed the Pats to the brink. Awesome game. Back to the Pops though, the idea of a Brady with his historic 5 rings would be an awesome figure to commemorate this years equally historic game.

I don't think many people thought the game would be a blowout but it almost was for atlanta. The game spread was only 3 points and more people actually bet the spread on atlanta. It was estimated 53% bet falcons.

I feel really bad for Matty Ice, he almost got over that hump. Julio Jones is the best receiver in football, that catch was just incredible. He was double teamed all night and still got free for some plays. Freeman was really good. Atlanta's late game offense was the downfall. Their defense was on the field for too long and they just got worn out. Great game either way. Definitely need Julio and Ryan pops.
Blizzard Account: superninja #160808
Pop + Dorbz: 650 and growing
ISO: Unmasked jason; sulley+boo sdcc, Freddy Leatherface, rocky balboa, SDCC Sulley, SDCC Boo Berry

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:43 am

What an incredible game. I agree, Julio Jones might be the best receiver in the NFL right now. Most of those catches last night were unbelievable. I wouldn't mind seeing a Julio Jones pop.
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

ricflair4ever

Postby ricflair4ever » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:43 am

blockablelaser wrote:
ricflair4ever wrote:What a game......not a big Falcons fan but i was pulling for them. However i can't deny the pure drama and story of Brady snatching victory from the jaws of defeat. Atlanta proved a lot of folks wrong by not only surviving what some percieved would be a blowout, but pushed the Pats to the brink. Awesome game. Back to the Pops though, the idea of a Brady with his historic 5 rings would be an awesome figure to commemorate this years equally historic game.

I don't think many people thought the game would be a blowout but it almost was for atlanta. The game spread was only 3 points and more people actually bet the spread on atlanta. It was estimated 53% bet falcons.

I feel really bad for Matty Ice, he almost got over that hump. Julio Jones is the best receiver in football, that catch was just incredible. He was double teamed all night and still got free for some plays. Freeman was really good. Atlanta's late game offense was the downfall. Their defense was on the field for too long and they just got worn out. Great game either way. Definitely need Julio and Ryan pops.

I agree they seemed to be torn down. I wouldnt say they were resting on their laurels, but it did seem like they weren't prepared for New England to be capable of exploiting the comeback to they extent they were. Still an awesome game.

lovetheangels
Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Postby lovetheangels » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:28 pm

That game came down to coaching. Atlanta made some costly mistakes on offense. Had the game been reversed Belichick would have never let that lead slip away. It makes me think of a quote Rudy T once said about the Houston Rockets "Never underestimate the heart of a champion!"

Oh and yes please for the Julio Jones pop.
Ken here

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:32 pm

Atlanta wins the game if...

-They run the ball on 3rd and 1 instead of getting strip sacked.
-They run the ball when in field goal range with around 5 minutes left in the game (They were up by 8 at this point).

Kind of silly if you ask me especially considering they were averaging almost 6 yards per carry. It kind of reminded me of a silly play call made by Seattle in a previous Super Bowl :-k

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:37 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Atlanta wins the game if...

-They run the ball when in field goal range with around 5 minutes left in the game (They were up by 8 at this point).

Kind of silly if you ask me especially considering they were averaging almost 6 yards per carry. It kind of reminded me of a silly play call made by Seattle in a previous Super Bowl :-k

New England almost had the same luck as Seattle on the first pass on the goal line in OT.
I think the stop on that drive to get them out of field goal range was the dagger. Instead of going up by 11 (with a possible field goal), Matt Ryan gets sacked, then there is a holding penalty that knocks them out of range, and then a big incompletion. New England wanted it more than Atlanta.
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

lovetheangels

Postby lovetheangels » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Agree 100% I don't blame the players for this it is just poor coaching. As great as Shanahan was as an offense coordinator he blew it on a few key plays. Also with Quinn being a total hands off the offense head coach and giving full reign to Shanahan the fault should lie squarely on the coaches from Atlanta.
Ken here

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:52 pm

I got inside Bill Belichicks mind thinking about this game...he utilized Muhammad Ali's rope-a-dope scheme. He let the Falcons do what they were gonna do (although the Blount fumble almost ruined this plan) and he let the Falcons tire themselves out. They were sucking wind on the sidelines. Lots of oxygen masks being used by the Falcons (more than any other game i've seen outside of Denver) and when Bill saw them losing steam he and Brady stepped on the gas. Once the pressure was on the Falcons couldn't keep up.

The Falcons are a really good team. Julio is arguably either the best or 2nd best WR in the game (Antonio Brown being the other IMO) and their RB tandem in Freeman/Coleman is scary good. I'm a Boston guy and watched Matty Ice play in college. He is a great QB (Well damn he is the MVP this year) These guys will be back and will get a championship soon. That defense is very young and also scary. They came together this year and if they can keep it intact will be even better next year. They just need to do it while the G.O.A.T. is still playing the game as he be around another 4-5 years!
Call me toDD

absyrd

Postby absyrd » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:54 pm

lovetheangels wrote:

Agree 100% I don't blame the players for this it is just poor coaching. As great as Shanahan was as an offense coordinator he blew it on a few key plays. Also with Quinn being a total hands off the offense head coach and giving full reign to Shanahan the fault should lie squarely on the coaches from Atlanta.

How do you know when/if Ryan checked out of a run play or not?
Fav Funko Item: Deadpool Super Deluxe Vinyl
First Dorbz: Cowboy Deadpool (MCC)
Latest Dorbz: Ghost Rider (Metallic)
Most Wanted Dorbz: Freddy, Freddy XL, and 18" Mega Deadpools! Obviously...

hellpop

Postby hellpop » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:19 pm

lovetheangels wrote:

Sorry, but Ryan took four sacks on third downs, including the strip sack, and that doesn't even include the one that knocked them out of field goal range on their last drive (that was on second down). That's largely on the players, not the playcaller. When they sustained drives, they scored. I know Ryan's stats for the game were very good, but those sacks were all killers.

lovetheangels

Postby lovetheangels » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:50 pm

I guess it is easy for me to be a Monday morning coach but up 8 with a little over 4 minutes to go and 2nd and 12 or so with the ball on the 22 yard line I think the majority of the offensive coordinators or head coaches would have called a run play. Even if you gain nothing the next 2 plays they have to burn 2 timeouts and you bring in your kicker. Bryant made 34 of 37 fg this year. Inside of 49 he made 28 of 29. I will take my chance up 11 and New England with only 1 timeout. Everybody has their own opinion to me Shanahan was too aggressive and wanted to go for the knockout punch and it cost his team the game. I think he is a brilliant offensive mind and will learn from this and he has the chance to be a great head coach.
Ken here

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:21 pm

lovetheangels wrote:That game came down to coaching. Atlanta made some costly mistakes on offense. Had the game been reversed Belichick would have never let that lead slip away....up 8 with a little over 4 minutes to go and 2nd and 12 or so with the ball on the 22 yard line I think the majority of the offensive coordinators or head coaches would have called a run play. Even if you gain nothing the next 2 plays they have to burn 2 timeouts and you bring in your kicker. Bryant made 34 of 37 fg this year. Inside of 49 he made 28 of 29. I will take my chance up 11 and New England with only 1 timeout.

This pretty much sums up everything. Please bring on a Falcon 3 Pack...Jones, Ryan and Freeman.
Dorian Arloe

Brian@Funko

Postby Brian@Funko » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:45 pm

Falcons Pop coming this year...along with NFL legends.......and a. bunch of new ones..

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Brian@Funko wrote:Falcons Pop coming this year...along with NFL legends.......and a. bunch of new ones..

Stellar news, Brian. Hopefully a Buccaneer in there somewhere. Any chance for college football POP!s?

And, if you get a moment could you check out my "Supernatural" thread. Thank you.

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=77689
Last edited by BillyLouis on Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:47 pm

Brian@Funko wrote:Falcons Pop coming this year...along with NFL legends.......and a. bunch of new ones..

LEGENDS??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Awesome!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Excited for Legends and what you have in store!

Thanks for the update sir!
Call me toDD

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:47 pm

Sweet news!! Hopefully there will be a couple Chiefs POPs :)

FunkoJoeSuper

Postby FunkoJoeSuper » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:07 pm

I was thinking about this thread at one point during the game on Sunday. I'm a diehard Patriots fan (having lived in New England all my life) so yes, I'm quite happy right now, but what a game!
Current Stats
Newest: Jolly Roger
First: Sharknado
Highest Valued (According to PPG & Covetly): Biggs Darklighter
Count: 1,018
Funko Collecting Since 2013
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... ZNXHBV3KB/

JPGIII

Postby JPGIII » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:24 pm

Please say John Elway will be in the legends line (with a business suit GM chase!)
My collection: http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... NI8DW3IYZ/
Pop!: 628
Pocket Pop!; 83
Dorbz: 117
Plush: 78
Others: 60

I may have a problem...

blockablelaser

Postby blockablelaser » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:33 pm

Atlanta ran 9 times for 18 yards I believe in the second half with 5? going for no gain or a loss. Pats changed their whole game plan on offense and defense. They put an extra rusher to put pressure on ryan. Plus pats were one of the best against the run in the regular season and one of the bottom 10 teams against the pass.

Fun fact though in the 4th after that amazing julio catch, if they just took 3 kneel downs and elected for a FG, matt bryant was 93.5% over the past 5 years from 40-45 yards away. Espn projected the falcons to have a 98% win rate. Even after the pats got the ball back, they had less than 10% chance of winning the game. ESPN said at 20 different points in the game, the falcons had a 99% chance or more of winning with the height being 99.8% chance in the middle of the 3rd.
Blizzard Account: superninja #160808
Pop + Dorbz: 650 and growing
ISO: Unmasked jason; sulley+boo sdcc, Freddy Leatherface, rocky balboa, SDCC Sulley, SDCC Boo Berry

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:07 pm

Yay!! More NFL! Thanks Brian.
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

Peachtree

Postby Peachtree » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:12 pm

Well, it took an unforgettable Super Bowl loss to get them, but they're here!
\:D/ :freddy2: :D :bounce:
My name is Samuel, nice to meet you!
Instagram: PeachtreeFunko
ISO: Astro Boy T-Shirt Scott Pilgrim

BillyLouis

Re: Can we have NFL Falcons Pop!s now? [UPDATE: They're Here!]

Postby BillyLouis » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:26 pm

No Bucs. :(

I would have loved a Mike Evans, Lavonte, or Gerald. Oh well, maybe in the next line.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

jimma

Postby jimma » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Fun thread to read through lol GO PATS!!!
ImageImageImageImage

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:24 pm

I just realized none of these new ones come with helmets. I guess that was a cost cutting move, thankfully if there are any Bucs made in the future I can just snag another Jameis for a helmet.

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Can't wait for the new NFL Pops!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Return to “Pop!”