Is it too much to hope for a Pop! "Sith Series" someday?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
donofoblivion

Is it too much to hope for a Pop! "Sith Series" someday?

Postby donofoblivion » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:55 am

With all the conversations and reinvigoration of Star Wars, I've been learning a lot about the genres mythical and historical legacy.

For the true Star Wars fan and fanatic funatic (and for the rest of us who are a bit more on the periphery too), what do you think about possibly developing a line of Sith Pops! someday? With insight from films, some of the remarkable more recent animations, and given some of the great information provided by some YouTube presentations, a legacy line of the Sith seems to me like a good marketing avenue not just for profit, but for advancing education and interest regarding a very interesting subset in the Star Wars universe. The history and lineage of the Sith seems rich and provocative.

Such an idea may be premature, but I think that there would be a good amount of interest in such a line. Curious of what others might think :freddy3:

TriFeckTa

Re: Is it too much to hope for a Pop! "Sith Series" someday?

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:19 am

I think a Sith line would be pretty awesome, after watching more of the star wars animated shows i've learned more about a lot of characters i wouldn't know about otherwise.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

McScruffy

Postby McScruffy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:37 am

Maybe they could incorporate a "Sith Series" into the line. Make the boxes black, red, and yellow and like the Shadow Guard that says Legends put Sith instead. I like the way you think!
Call me toDD

Pop Count: 425 (290(?) are Star Wars)
1st Pop: R2-D2
Most recent:Holiday Yoda
Grails: Holo Darth Maul/Vader, Boushh Unmasked, Biggs

Original Band: badmarriagemusic.com

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:22 am

That box idea is great! Giving the box a distinct and matching character with the Pop! line itself--making the whole package even more of a total collectible :razz: :freddy3:

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:32 am

I'd love to see Sith characters from the expanded universe such as Darth Krayt.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:46 am

I've never gotten into the non-film series/cartoons (like Rebels or Clone Wars), and there are so many major characters that still don't have Pops, I wouldn't be in favor of dedicating resources to non-canon or expanded universe characters if it detracted from getting these other major characters out (if there even is a plan to do so). I mean there are like 4-5 astromech droids and several 3P0's, but not even Mace Windu? Take care of those first, then have at it with EU (if Disney would even approve those).

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:52 am

i'd always be down for more "bad" guys
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:44 pm

Been watching Clone Wars lately and discovering an interest in some characters I didn't have before.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:08 pm

Certainly all respectable perspectives. But if you haven't done so already, in addition to some of the Clone Wars stuff, you should really check out some of the game/animation YouTube videos for The Force Unleashed, and definitely take a look at the digitalized animations of The Old Republic. I can practically guarantee doing so will pique your interest for the Sith history and cannon.

Sleepywan--you're right about Mace Windu and some of the other characters. Of course we don't know precisely what the plans and rights are for Funko's Star Wars line; but if we actually did wait for the bulk of those other characters to be released before envisioning/beginning a line like this, we would probably never see it developed. Nevertheless, your point is a good one.

If any of you have not checked out The Old Republic stuff in particular on YouTube (or wherever), you really should take a look at it. It's top notch stuff (I think in terms of storytelling, and especially in terms of animation). I have yet to hear anyone regard those efforts with a primarily negative spin. I highly recommend viewing those clips in particular ("The Full Movie, Cinematic Trailer"(s)).

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:53 pm

Some may already know, but there is an active petition to get more of The Old Republic Cinematic storyline produced and perhaps integrated with pre-existing cannon. I listed that link below if anyone is interested in viewing it or signing on:

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disne ... m=copylink

Also taking liberty of adding YouTube link of the updated video trailer version for referring convenience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjG61DoDzN8&t=212s

angrykoalagear

Postby angrykoalagear » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:20 pm

Would definitely be a great wave, but I would see so many licensing issues for so many of the characters that I would want to see.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:31 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:I'd love to see Sith characters from the expanded universe such as Darth Krayt.

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but according to Disney he along with tons of other awesome characters no longer exists.

sleepywan

Postby sleepywan » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:34 pm

If they would just make an Old Republic movie as a standalone (or trilogy), we'd be all set with a whole new line! lol

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:40 am

Mr Yac wrote:hate to be the bearer of bad news, but according to Disney he along with tons of other awesome characters no longer exists.

Darn Disney. Oh, well. EU characters still exist in my head. lol
29/Male/CHINESE

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:49 am

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:hate to be the bearer of bad news, but according to Disney he along with tons of other awesome characters no longer exists.

Darn Disney. Oh, well. EU characters still exist in my head. lol

And that's what gets me (if the above is true). Why wouldn't you explore the possibilities here. With any reasonable effort and quality doing so would be a guaranteed money maker. Go ahead Disney and any associated others- -you'll make that money back and more; and you would powerfully reinforce if not build an even stronger fan base. But ours is not to reason why....

Nevertheless, I agree with you, Mr Wiggy--we'll think about and figure these characters in our own universe. Great material :) :freddy3:

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:37 pm

donofoblivion wrote: And that's what gets me (if the above is true). Why wouldn't you explore the possibilities here. With any reasonable effort and quality doing so would be a guaranteed money maker. Go ahead Disney and any associated others- -you'll make that money back and more; and you would powerfully reinforce if not build an even stronger fan base. But ours is not to reason why....

Nevertheless, I agree with you, Mr Wiggy--we'll think about and figure these characters in our own universe. Great material :) :freddy3:

Exactly! There are many Star Wars fans who enjoy both the retro stuff, expanded universe, and new stuff. :) Personally, I'd love some Pops from the New Jedi Order era paperback series.
29/Male/CHINESE

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Mister Piggy Wiggy wrote:Darn Disney. Oh, well. EU characters still exist in my head. lol

yeah it really stinks since to be honest there are so many cooler EU characters then there are in all the now "canon" media

Return to “Pop!”