Help with buying protective cases, what size 4 or 6 inch??

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Lms42o

Help with buying protective cases, what size 4 or 6 inch??

Postby Lms42o » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:34 am

I have about 20 POP!s and all but 1 are the same exact size, what I would call standard size. The 1 that's different is a 2 pop! Figure fye store exclusive which is the same height, just wider to hold 2 figures. What size do I have for the singles 4 or 6 in and do they make any 2 pc box protectors or is that something I'll have to custom make? Best recommendations on box protectors? I've seen alot on Amazon.
Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions!
Lyndsay

squidward

Re: Help with buying protective cases, what size 4 or 6 inch??

Postby squidward » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:21 am

Hi Lyndsay,
The normal Pops need a 4" protector. A 6" Pop is oversized like Overwatch Winston. There are definitely Pop protectors for 2-packs as well, but multi packs are not consistent so you need to double check their compatibility.

This thread had a lot of information.
http://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=68496

I personally use Retro Protection, but everyone has their favorites.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:22 pm

I was buying them of eBay for a while because I was able to get better deals for large quantities but my last order was purchased from retroprotection. I will say that my experience with retroprotection was amazing so It would recommend them as well.
| Pop! Count: 1000+ :fdo91: No Longer Collecting |

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Cheshire wrote:I was buying them of eBay for a while because I was able to get better deals for large quantities but my last order was purchased from retroprotection. I will say that my experience with retroprotection was amazing so It would recommend them as well.

I second this. I pretty much only order from Retroprotection these days. Not just for Pops but also Star Wars Black Series etc.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

rkwo

Postby rkwo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:22 pm

Retroprotection is definitely the way to go. I usually share an order with friends so we get the bulk prices.
Rodney Image

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:56 am

Retroprotection is the best for 4 inch pops in my opinion. As for specialty sizes retroprotection has plenty but what ever they don't have ivegotprotection is the way to go. The link squidward provided goes in-depth and should provide you with everything you need to know.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

JBeard

Postby JBeard » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:25 am

Great Guy Tom Speakman sells custom protectors for all sizes at great prize here's his site!
http://www.ivegotprotection.com

frankusho

Postby frankusho » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:03 am

Jumping on the Retroprotection bandwagon here. They have been my go-to for normal specialty sized Pops, and I've had nothing but good experiences when ordering through them.

Cheshire

Postby Cheshire » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:41 am

paxderomano wrote:
Cheshire wrote:I was buying them of eBay for a while because I was able to get better deals for large quantities but my last order was purchased from retroprotection. I will say that my experience with retroprotection was amazing so It would recommend them as well.

I second this. I pretty much only order from Retroprotection these days. Not just for Pops but also Star Wars Black Series etc.

Yes! I just recently bought some Black Series protectors, both the blue/orange and red box sizes. They were prelabeled so I had no problems figuring out which ones to use.
| Pop! Count: 1000+ :fdo91: No Longer Collecting |

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:38 pm

Cheshire wrote:
paxderomano wrote:

Yes! I just recently bought some Black Series protectors, both the blue/orange and red box sizes. They were prelabeled so I had no problems figuring out which ones to use.

I love the ones for the Black Series. I'm now able to stack them which is great!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:27 am

Stick with the 4 inch ones, that's what I do! Barnes & Noble have really neat protectors, too.
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

Walker Hunter

Postby Walker Hunter » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Lms42o wrote:I have about 20 POP!s and all but 1 are the same exact size, what I would call standard size. The 1 that's different is a 2 pop! Figure fye store exclusive which is the same height, just wider to hold 2 figures. What size do I have for the singles 4 or 6 in and do they make any 2 pc box protectors or is that something I'll have to custom make? Best recommendations on box protectors? I've seen alot on Amazon.
Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions!
Lyndsay

Tom Speakman is my guy for all Pop protectors. He has every size Pop, Dorbz, Multi-packs, etc at great prices. He also has a FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/tom.speakman.735
"Even my HAPPY place is filled with WALKERS!!!"

Return to “Pop!”