ECCC 2017 POPs

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
POPHawk

Re: ECCC 2017 POPs

Postby POPHawk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:10 am

paxderomano wrote:That is precisely what I did. Basically, I went, they told me they couldn't sell them till 3/2. Then I walked around a bit and saw one on the shelf anyway and grabbed it. Then I went to self-checkout and the "do not sell. street date is 3/2" notice popped up. I asked the lady working the self-checkouts if she could override it. Then she called over a manager who firmly stated not yet and took it from me.

Alas, at least I got to hold it for one glorious minute! I've seen a number of people selling these on facebook and ebay, so I'm thinking they didn't have that notation originally.

I would have taken a 'special' discount O:) :roflmao:

Nah, that sucks though, you think they would have been nice lol Next time make a HUGE scene like Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop and then start crying loudly and maybe they'll just give in, its a lot of effort but cmon.......POPs :roflmao:
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOGRAPHY! INSTAGRAM: @TOYSSANDSTUFF
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:49 am

POPHawk wrote:
paxderomano wrote:That is precisely what I did. Basically, I went, they told me they couldn't sell them till 3/2. Then I walked around a bit and saw one on the shelf anyway and grabbed it. Then I went to self-checkout and the "do not sell. street date is 3/2" notice popped up. I asked the lady working the self-checkouts if she could override it. Then she called over a manager who firmly stated not yet and took it from me.

Alas, at least I got to hold it for one glorious minute! I've seen a number of people selling these on facebook and ebay, so I'm thinking they didn't have that notation originally.

Nah, that sucks though, you think they would have been nice lol Next time make a HUGE scene like Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop and then start crying loudly and maybe they'll just give in, its a lot of effort but cmon.......POPs :roflmao:

I did consider all options. Ultimately I asked if I could put it on hold. They said sure, but that I would have to come in in person every day to put it back on hold because they don't do longer than 24 hours and won't do it over the phone. I really want this piece, but that Target is not remotely near me so...
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:52 am

paxderomano wrote:I did consider all options. Ultimately I asked if I could put it on hold. They said sure, but that I would have to come in in person every day to put it back on hold because they don't do longer than 24 hours and won't do it over the phone. I really want this piece, but that Target is not remotely near me so...

I guess you gotta decide if its worth the effort, or try your luck on release day
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

_____________________________________________________________________________________

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:55 am

paxderomano wrote:I did consider all options. Ultimately I asked if I could put it on hold. They said sure, but that I would have to come in in person every day to put it back on hold because they don't do longer than 24 hours and won't do it over the phone. I really want this piece, but that Target is not remotely near me so...

Can you call and have them put it on hold?
Higher, Further, Faster

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:16 pm

paxderomano wrote:
POPHawk wrote:

I did consider all options. Ultimately I asked if I could put it on hold. They said sure, but that I would have to come in in person every day to put it back on hold because they don't do longer than 24 hours and won't do it over the phone. I really want this piece, but that Target is not remotely near me so...

Oh man, that sucks. Hopefully, they will allow you to put it on hold through the phone.

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:32 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Went ahead and updated the original post with shared locations for ones that we know about already.

That is very nice of you to do. I know we have our own Google Sheet with updated info but updating the first post on this thread will be very helpful for everyone else! lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:17 pm

is there any chance the LE 3000 POPS will be shared? I need Dyno-Mutt and Blue Falcon in my life [-o<

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:19 pm

POPtor WHO wrote:is there any chance the LE 3000 POPS will be shared? I need Dyno-Mutt and Blue Falcon in my life [-o<

Everything but the Hikari will be shared. I'd suspect Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt will be on the Funko Shop. I'm desperately needing them too.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:08 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:

They specifically told me they would only do it in person. I had already called earlier to see if they would hold for me and they told me I had to come in. It's fine, I'm sure it'll be on their website so I'll snag it then.
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

racheva

Postby racheva » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:13 pm

paxderomano wrote:
ScarletFunko wrote:

They specifically told me they would only do it in person. I had already called earlier to see if they would hold for me and they told me I had to come in. It's fine, I'm sure it'll be on their website so I'll snag it then.

I feel guilty for saying this, but for people who find them in a store near them, I would consider hiding it :p
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

POPtor WHO

Postby POPtor WHO » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:19 am

racheva wrote:
paxderomano wrote:
ScarletFunko wrote:

I feel guilty for saying this, but for people who find them in a store near them, I would consider hiding it :p

lol exactly what I was going to say/do!

POPHawk

Postby POPHawk » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:04 am

paxderomano wrote:They specifically told me they would only do it in person. I had already called earlier to see if they would hold for me and they told me I had to come in. It's fine, I'm sure it'll be on their website so I'll snag it then.

Ugh! Rude!! I hope it is on their website and you can grab one :beerchug:
POPINABOX AFFILIATE

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:09 am

racheva wrote:
paxderomano wrote:
ScarletFunko wrote:

Oh, I probably would have tried had the manager not snagged it from my hand. :( The box was a little beat up (can't really see in the pic, but the lower right-hand corner on the front is kind of smooshed)though so maybe online I'll have better luck.

Funklub member # 14829

ImageImage

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:13 am

Mainly hoping for more info soon on who the other ones will be shared with! Hoping Muftak is HT since I'm already going there. Fingers crossed!

Also for anyone else interested in Buff Rick & Summer, Target's website and app are really good about getting these posted. For instance, I was at NYCC in line at the Funko booth when they announced they were out of the Golden Girls 4 pack. I went onto the Target app that minute and was still able to order one. Now if only Wal-Mart and Walgreens could learn.....

Funklub member # 14829

ImageImage

conovus

Postby conovus » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:42 pm

I won a lottery spot. Pretty excited about that.

kinsella5

Postby kinsella5 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Yes today those who won (and those who didn't win) a spot in the ECCC lottery were notified, and I believe tomorrow they will notify people too, so if you entered, you should get either an email stating you won a spot or a rejection email. Remember to check your spam/junk email folders just in case those emails end up there. I would not be surprised if there is a large portion of collectors who didn't even know about the lottery system, and who potentially will be upset when they show up to the booth wanting to purchase only to be turned away if they don't have a winning lottery pass. But I believe Funko said that each day IF people don't show up who won a lottery spot that those figures will be available for sale at the booth after all the daily lottery people who do show up have their chance to purchase. So its not impossible per say in walking up and getting one, it may be slim chances, but still a chance nonetheless.

Sounds like the Target shared exclusive is limited to "up to 3" per store so that means some stores will have 3, some will have 2, etc and that is just the Rick & Morty 2-pack. Also never go based on what the online inventory trackers show, such as the more popular ones when looking up inventory for the shared exclusives, etc. Brickseek shows most of my Target stores as having up to 3 of the Rick/Morty ones and as "available for purchase" but I think everyone knows by now that just means they are in the inventory in the back of the store accounted for and can be sold starting on the 3/2 street date. When that day comes, there will be people outside the store probably an hour or so before opening, so if you show up and there are only 3 per store for example and 6 people are waiting, don't waste your time try another store if possible. But also it may show as in stock at that store but they could already be sold out, the system doesn't generally up date in real-time I have been told.

Good luck to those looking at getting the shared exclusives and the ones at the con too!

popfiles

Postby popfiles » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Well like most I'll try second hand.

commodorefunko

Postby commodorefunko » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:10 pm

I'm so glad the Stranger things 2-pack will be at HT. If Muftak is easily available I'll be a happy man. Those are the only two I can't live without.
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 pm

Out of the Pops I know I have to get the ST two pack, Falcon and Mutt, and the new Captain America. Other than that, I'll be pretty okay. Hopefully HT does theirs online and I manage to be around when they do.

KarateKid

Postby KarateKid » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:51 pm

I got a rejection email for ECCC Funko :( A real bummer but hopefully they'll have some availability at day's end. Otherwise maybe some friends on here can share a few.

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:56 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:
POPtor WHO wrote:is there any chance the LE 3000 POPS will be shared? I need Dyno-Mutt and Blue Falcon in my life [-o<

Everything but the Hikari will be shared. I'd suspect Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt will be on the Funko Shop. I'm desperately needing them too.

Will they just announced before the convention where and what will be shared?
I think usually the date before, right?
I remember Yoko saying on FB that everything would be shared as well.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:09 am

angeladominguez wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:

They will post the list Wednesday night or early Thursday if history repeats itself.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:32 am

I got the rejection email, working with a few local funatics to see if anyone that did get in can help me get my hands on the 2 I want that I don't know where they will be shared with. Also I have a small dilemma, one I want is the one not at Funko's booth (thankfully means I have a chance), however according to ECCC twitter the line up will officially start at 8 am, well Barnes and Noble opens at the same time and IF they got their stock of Gazoo then do I gamble and go straight to the convention center in the AM and go straight to the reedpop booth line, or do I try a local B&N on the way?
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:42 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:
angeladominguez wrote:
HowardTheDuck wrote:Everything but the Hikari will be shared. I'd suspect Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt will be on the Funko Shop. I'm desperately needing them too.

They will post the list Wednesday night or early Thursday if history repeats itself.

awesome, definitely want to see what exclusives will be where!

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:27 am

So I've narrowed down my list even more for the sake of saving money for SWC. Hopefully all these will be shared.
Green Arrow 2-pack - ???
Emerald Pharah - GameStop
WWII Cap - Hot Topic
Spastik Dorbz - hopefully Funko-Shop [-o<
MAYBE Creeper if he's easy to get
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

PhasmaPop

Postby PhasmaPop » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:48 am

I notice hardly anyone says they must have Michigan J Frog. Hopefully that means he will be easy for me to find. My must haves are Captain America, Michigan J, and Muftak if I can find him easily.

What do these con exclusives usually run in price? I'm a new collector so I don't really know what to expect.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:45 am

PhasmaPop wrote:I notice hardly anyone says they must have Michigan J Frog. Hopefully that means he will be easy for me to find. My must haves are Captain America, Michigan J, and Muftak if I can find him easily.

What do these con exclusives usually run in price? I'm a new collector so I don't really know what to expect.

Roughly $15 if I remember correctly, and depending on the store. I'm not sure how much they are on the Funko Website but most retail places they were about fifteen bucks.

wraithkelso

Postby wraithkelso » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:09 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
PhasmaPop wrote:I notice hardly anyone says they must have Michigan J Frog. Hopefully that means he will be easy for me to find. My must haves are Captain America, Michigan J, and Muftak if I can find him easily.

Roughly $15 if I remember correctly, and depending on the store. I'm not sure how much they are on the Funko Website but most retail places they were about fifteen bucks.

I believe Pops are $15 each at the convention too, and I want to say Dorbz rides are $25?
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:12 am

wraithkelso wrote:I believe Pops are $15 each at the convention too, and I want to say Dorbz rides are $25?

I think that's right. SDCC/NYCC feel so long ago but I know I spent $15 per Pop for sure. The Dorbz 2 pack is what's going to throw me off since I never bought the Dorbz shared exclusive.

emk194

Postby emk194 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:54 am

I only want Captain America from HT, which I'm positive I'll be able to get. The rest of the ones I want are probably going to be Funko-Shop exclusives, since they're original Funko characters. So, I'll pretty much be glued to the computer next week.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

kinsella5

Postby kinsella5 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:34 pm

angeladominguez wrote:Will they just announced before the convention where and what will be shared?
I think usually the date before, right? I remember Yoko saying on FB that everything would be shared as well.

I don't think all of the ones being offered at the convention will be shared exclusives. I remember hearing that "some" will be shared. So far it's been determined about five out of the twenty are shared which would be unofficially 25% of the offerings. Funko has yet to come out and officially say which ones are shared though and that info as everyone knows is coming next week. Also I believe as another person stated earlier that the ones sold at ECCC will have the ECCC sticker on them, the shared exclusives elsewhere will/may have a different sticker.

The larger Hot Topic stores should have plenty of the Captain America and Stranger Things 2-packs, smaller stores will have less. One of the biggest stores in my area has nine boxes of the Captain America one in their backroom, not sure how many come in a box, they aren't selling them until March 2nd which is the first day of the convention. Because the con doesn't start until 2pm that day I suspect a lot of people in the Seattle area who are Pop fans will be hitting up the Hot Topic and other shared exclusive retailers.

Regarding Gamestop I had someone check their list of exclusive Pop's coming out and I did not see the Overwatch Pharah on it. Has that been confirmed elsewhere that it is in fact shared with Gamestop? The Target shared Rick/Morty 2-pack will be rather lean, most of the Target stores in my area only got 3 and they said they were not restocking it once it sells out.

kinsella5

Postby kinsella5 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:39 pm

wraithkelso wrote:I got the rejection email, working with a few local funatics to see if anyone that did get in can help me get my hands on the 2 I want that I don't know where they will be shared with. Also I have a small dilemma, one I want is the one not at Funko's booth (thankfully means I have a chance), however according to ECCC twitter the line up will officially start at 8 am, well Barnes and Noble opens at the same time and IF they got their stock of Gazoo then do I gamble and go straight to the convention center in the AM and go straight to the reedpop booth line, or do I try a local B&N on the way?

Ultimately if you have a friend or family member who can help you out, snap a photo of the Barnes & Noble one and have them get that for you. I would recommend going to the convention and lining up for the one at the ECCC booth. I am unsure what day you are attending the convention, but here is a suggestion. If you are going to the convention Thursday you could potentially get down there earlier in the morning and line up at 8am. If you are successful in getting one, since the convention doesn't open up to the public until 2pm that day, you have time to leave and head to a Barnes and Noble (I assume they have a location in downtown Seattle) and then you could grab that one too if a friend/family can't get it for you already. That would work out best if it works out that out for you. Thursday is more of a preview day for the convention with it being only five hours long that day and I feel the chances are better for you on that day over the other three days. Most fans are going Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, with Saturday being the busiest day and will result in more people lining up, etc so Thursday is the best day to secure that Pop at the ECCC booth.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:45 pm

kinsella5 wrote:I remember hearing that "some" will be shared.

I thought they said that everything but the Hikari will be shared? I was just assuming that the numbered exclusives would probably be available on Funko's online shop and everything that's not numbered would be available in various stores?
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

kinsella5

Postby kinsella5 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:01 pm

valorandvellum wrote:

I thought they said that everything but the Hikari will be shared? I was just assuming that the numbered exclusives would probably be available on Funko's online shop and everything that's not numbered would be available in various stores?

Who would "they" be? Someone with funko or other collectors? I personally don't understand why offer an "exclusive" if its available everywhere else, thus, no need for the name "exclusive" if a person can buy it outside of the event it is intended for. Don't get me wrong I don't mind there being some "shared" exclusives but I would think at least some of the offerings at ECCC or other conventions would only be offered at those shows and nowhere else. Otherwise, why even announce them as "exclusives' when fans can get them some place else? I think it all of them would be available elsewhere except the Hakari, that would have been announced by now. I remember hearing that "some" would be shared with other retailers and the rest would be show exclusives only offered at ECCC. If that wasn't true, why then have a random lottery for people to purchase at ECCC? If they are all going to be available via other retailers or the Funko website, why not just produce enough for the convention to please all the fans attending and eliminate the need for a lottery? Any unsold extras they could then offer via their site. I think that there will be some, maybe half that will be show exclusives that are only sold there, just my opinion, but we should wait for the "official" word from Funko coming next week. I just would be surprised if they went through the trouble of having a random lottery to then have everything available elsewhere.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:14 pm

kinsella5 wrote:Who would "they" be? Someone with funko or other collectors? I personally don't understand why offer an "exclusive" if its available everywhere else, thus, no need for the name "exclusive" if a person can buy it outside of the event it is intended for. Don't get me wrong I don't mind there being some "shared" exclusives but I would think at least some of the offerings at ECCC or other conventions would only be offered at those shows and nowhere else. Otherwise, why even announce them as "exclusives' when fans can get them some place else? I think it all of them would be available elsewhere except the Hakari, that would have been announced by now. I remember hearing that "some" would be shared with other retailers and the rest would be show exclusives only offered at ECCC. If that wasn't true, why then have a random lottery for people to purchase at ECCC? If they are all going to be available via other retailers or the Funko website, why not just produce enough for the convention to please all the fans attending and eliminate the need for a lottery? Any unsold extras they could then offer via their site. I think that there will be some, maybe half that will be show exclusives that are only sold there, just my opinion, but we should wait for the "official" word from Funko coming next week. I just would be surprised if they went through the trouble of having a random lottery to then have everything available elsewhere.

I heard it from a friend who watched one of Funko's videos or listened to their podcast. So as far as I know, it's pretty reliable information (unless Funko made a mistake which is very possible; look at what happened yesterday when they announced that the lottery was closed when it actually wasn't).

And don't get me started on "exclusives" lol I totally agree with you. I don't mind some shared stuff, but it would be nice if there were at least a handful of items that were truly exclusive. On the other hand, it does mean that less people are hitting us up for favors because they can all be self-sufficient and get the exclusives themselves :tongue:

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:18 pm

kinsella5 wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:

Who would "they" be? Someone with funko or other collectors? I personally don't understand why offer an "exclusive" if its available everywhere else, thus, no need for the name "exclusive" if a person can buy it outside of the event it is intended for. Don't get me wrong I don't mind there being some "shared" exclusives but I would think at least some of the offerings at ECCC or other conventions would only be offered at those shows and nowhere else. Otherwise, why even announce them as "exclusives' when fans can get them some place else? I think it all of them would be available elsewhere except the Hakari, that would have been announced by now. I remember hearing that "some" would be shared with other retailers and the rest would be show exclusives only offered at ECCC. If that wasn't true, why then have a random lottery for people to purchase at ECCC? If they are all going to be available via other retailers or the Funko website, why not just produce enough for the convention to please all the fans attending and eliminate the need for a lottery? Any unsold extras they could then offer via their site. I think that there will be some, maybe half that will be show exclusives that are only sold there, just my opinion, but we should wait for the "official" word from Funko coming next week. I just would be surprised if they went through the trouble of having a random lottery to then have everything available elsewhere.

Yoko from Funko said during the reveals that everything will be shared, except for the Hikari, even the numbered items. Definitely a surprise, especially considering nothing was shared from ECCC last year. I expect the numbered items will only be on the Funko-Shop, although I wouldn't rule out Box Lunch, since they got a a limited supply of a numbered Pop from SDCC last year. Everything else should be available from places like B&N, HT, and GS. Target has one (and some have accidentally sold), so Walmart might be another possibilty, as well as FYE and Amazon.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:19 pm

kinsella5 wrote:Who would "they" be? Someone with funko or other collectors?

Yoko and Cameron brought it up during the Funko Funkast and I believe they also mentioned it during the 2 reveals. I believe 9 of the 21 (I think there are 21) exclusives have run numbers of 3,000 or less and part of those will be fore sale on the Funko Shop most likely. I also believe that you should only be able to purchase "exclusives" if you attend the show, but this is a nice way to help fans who aren't going to the show an opportunity to get some stuff. I'm sure flippers will be all over the Shop, but not much you can do about that.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:24 pm

And I'm still trying to figure out what "exclusive" pop the eccc nerd block will get based off all the available info we have so far.

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:28 pm

I got very lucky, I won the Lottery, and I get to go as soon as the booth opens! I'll be able to get whatever I want!

kinsella5

Postby kinsella5 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:05 pm

valorandvellum wrote: I heard it from a friend who watched one of Funko's videos or listened to their podcast. So as far as I know, it's pretty reliable information (unless Funko made a mistake which is very possible; look at what happened yesterday when they announced that the lottery was closed when it actually wasn't). And don't get me started on "exclusives" lol I totally agree with you. I don't mind some shared stuff, but it would be nice if there were at least a handful of items that were truly exclusive. On the other hand, it does mean that less people are hitting us up for favors because they can all be self-sufficient and get the exclusives themselves :tongue:

Well if that truly is the case, I think fans attending ECCC and other conventions should ask what the need for the lottery truly is? I mean if most are going to be available elsewhere, then who go through the hassle of having a lottery which only results in x number of fans getting to purchase while disappointing another set of fans? Why not just have a large supply of each available at the show, since they will also be available at other retailers? It doesn't make much sense (to me) to go say "Ok you fan #1 can purchase at the show, but you fan #2 can't but you can still get them at other retailers since they are all shared".....either make the majority of them true exclusives only available at the show, and make some shared, or make them all shared and have it so all the fans, naturally first come/first serve can purchase but simply not make them "convention exclusives" and up the production numbers. Would avoid a lot of headaches with collectors since most/all would be able to purchase and kill the secondary higher-price eBay market so it would be a win-win for the collectors.

Return to “Pop!”