League of Legends Wave 2?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
BrienneTheBlue

League of Legends Wave 2?

Postby BrienneTheBlue » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Is anyone else hoping for a second wave of these? There are loads of champions to chose from but I'd love a Leona and Twisted Fate.

Hi, I'm Fran.

Signature from the fantastic bathtub-tigers

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: League of Legends Wave 2?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:56 pm

I played LoL for like a month and the only character I used was Graves sooo if they make him I'll go ahead and buy it lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

ldfm

Postby ldfm » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:52 pm

Caitlyn is my favorite (and most played)... doesn't seem possible though because of here large top hat lol .

Jhin would be another also.
ImageImageImage
Licenses I Hope For: Alan Wake, Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars: KOTOR 2, Banjo-Kazooie

babasdada
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby babasdada » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:02 pm

DJ Sona? Sad what happened with her World Championship pop... price is untouchable... still have hopes they will release her
Joe from NYC
IG / youtube Babakittysdada
ATTENDEE of FUNDAYS 2015-2023!
My main collection consists of:
Lord of the Ring|Game of thrones|Harry Potter|Horror|Star Wars|Some DC | House of the Dragon!

grilledeggplant

Postby grilledeggplant » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm ready! I'd love to have morgana, volibear, lux, xin, yi, blitzcrank... maybe even a 6 inch baron!

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:38 pm

I would love more LoL Pops for sure! And I think they've been kinda trickling out with Miss Fortune for Black Friday and DJ Sona for World Championships. But a full on second wave would be awesome.

One champ that I would LOVE for them to make (speaking of waves) but probably isn't high up on their list is Nami. I loved playing her and I think she would look really cool in Pop form. If you've seen what they've done with the Pop Asia Merlions, they could totally go that route for the treatment on her tail/fins. She might look cool with a metallic finish too.
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:40 pm

ldfm wrote:Caitlyn is my favorite (and most played)... doesn't seem possible though because of here large top hat lol .

Jhin would be another also.

I think it would be possible, but they would probably have to make her overall form a little smaller than some of the other Pops in the line. Sort of like what they did with Cat in the Hat. Which is fine because since she's a human girl, she probably actually IS smaller than a lot of the other, beefier champs. lol
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

ldfm

Postby ldfm » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:44 pm

valorandvellum wrote:I think it would be possible, but they would probably have to make her overall form a little smaller than some of the other Pops in the line. Sort of like what they did with Cat in the Hat. Which is fine because since she's a human girl, she probably actually IS smaller than a lot of the other, beefier champs. lol

Ahh. Guess that could work... but she is rather tall/slender though. I was thinking they could do a normal sized pop and just place it in a 6" box :D

Another wave of Mystery Minis would be cool too.
ImageImageImage
Licenses I Hope For: Alan Wake, Fallout: New Vegas, Star Wars: KOTOR 2, Banjo-Kazooie

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:58 pm

ldfm wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:I think it would be possible, but they would probably have to make her overall form a little smaller than some of the other Pops in the line. Sort of like what they did with Cat in the Hat. Which is fine because since she's a human girl, she probably actually IS smaller than a lot of the other, beefier champs. lol

Ahh. Guess that could work... but she is rather tall/slender though. I was thinking they could do a normal sized pop and just place it in a 6" box :D

Another wave of Mystery Minis would be cool too.

Well, speaking of mystery minis, maybe they could do the same thing that they did there. Just have her in her kneeling position, and that would decrease some of the height needed for her hat!

Popsaysyee

Postby Popsaysyee » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:14 pm

I want Yasuo, Zed, Rengar, Kha-Zix, and Dunkmaster Darius!! Lol jk but the first 4 I mentioned for sure!! Those would be super cool in Pop form! Just like how Thresh looks super cool!
Jayson

ImageImageImage

ldfm

Postby ldfm » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:03 pm

valorandvellum wrote:Well, speaking of mystery minis, maybe they could do the same thing that they did there. Just have her in her kneeling position, and that would decrease some of the height needed for her hat!

Nice! Didn't think of an action pose...

I'm trying to get out of Pops (to focus more on Minis), but I'd cave for that.
ImageImageImage

maythefunkobewithyou

Postby maythefunkobewithyou » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:45 am

Honestly if they didn't sell well, they won't make wave 2.

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Man, I don't know if you guys have been keeping an eye on the DJ Sona prices... but the last three have sold for $500, $475, and $600 on eBay. I keep thinking that sellers are asking too much and she can't go any higher. Then she does. Pretty crazy for something that's still relatively new and not stickered. Guess it's a seller's market for her. Hopefully everyone that wanted her got one before the price spiked too much.

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:53 pm

I would love for a series 2. But I don't think it's gonna happen. They don't seem to be selling well #sadface.

If you are waiting for your favorite character to be made before you buy one, sadly you have contributed to making sure series 2 does NOT happen. Generally a series 2 (3 and so on) will be made because the line itself sells well. So yes, go out and buy all of them. I did my part. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a series 2. But it's not gonna happen at the rate people are buying (or not buying) the LoL POP line :(.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:57 pm

zaghawk wrote:I would love for a series 2. But I don't think it's gonna happen. They don't seem to be selling well #sadface.

If you are waiting for your favorite character to be made before you buy one, sadly you have contributed to making sure series 2 does NOT happen. Generally a series 2 (3 and so on) will be made because the line itself sells well. So yes, go out and buy all of them. I did my part. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a series 2. But it's not gonna happen at the rate people are buying (or not buying) the LoL POP line :(.

This is a good point. I did my part too and bought every LoL Pop I could get my hands on (including two of the boxes because I wanted both Poro sets). I honestly don't understand why it's not selling better – the detail on those Pops are amazing and LoL has a huge and loyal fan base. Maybe the problem is that most of those fans stay inside and play LoL instead of going to the store to buy merch? lol

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:30 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
zaghawk wrote:I would love for a series 2. But I don't think it's gonna happen. They don't seem to be selling well #sadface.

This is a good point. I did my part too and bought every LoL Pop I could get my hands on (including two of the boxes because I wanted both Poro sets). I honestly don't understand why it's not selling better – the detail on those Pops are amazing and LoL has a huge and loyal fan base. Maybe the problem is that most of those fans stay inside and play LoL instead of going to the store to buy merch? lol

I have several theories:

1) Riot games missed the boat regarding the peak of their popularity which I think was about 3 years ago. There were quite a few of us back then who were begging for them to work with Funko to get the POPs made. But instead they chose to make their own vinyl figure (which although cute, is not the same)>

2) A lot of LoL players have their "main" or a set of characters they play and love only. So yeah you probably have quite a few folks who even though they collect Funko products AND play LoL (or played) no interest in any of the characters unless it was his/her favorite champion. Basically on the fence saying "I'll wait until X champion is made"...

3) I think Funko/Riot should have chosen a few more popular characters to start series 1 with. i.e. Take away Brauhm, Thresh and Vi and instead used Teemo (for sure) 2 champs out of these folks: Katarina, Tryndamere, Yi, Annie, Ryze. Outside of Ashe and Amumu, series 1 consisted of a lot of newer champions that probably didn't quite capture the love of former players (myself included). Jinx and Lee Sin made sense as they have pretty big fan bases. But again Thresh, Vi and Brauhm not so sure.

But you're definitely right, the LoL POP line definitely has some of the best sculpts and for sure the BEST boxes with the gold foil of all the POPs, they definitely deserve a lot more love from fans. Just makes me think that if anything it goes back to #1, Riot missed the boat working with Funko earlier during the peak of their popularity.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

roxy

Postby roxy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:19 pm

Was thinking about this the other day. Would love to see a wave 2. Seeing as there are plenty of champs and skins/chromas. Potential for flocked chases and whatnot.

Unfortunately, since we haven’t seen any new ones in quite some time and Riot Merch has continued to make their own vinyls, I don’t see it happening :(

I’ve been waiting for DJ Sona to drop in price or hopes something else would be available at Worlds this year.

Mister Piggy Wiggy

Postby Mister Piggy Wiggy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:45 pm

I'd be open to LoL wave two and beyond!
29/Male/CHINESE

I love Pokemon, Gothic women, and Funko products. <3

I collect amazing fan signs like this!

ch_aeiro

Postby ch_aeiro » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:32 pm

I'm also wondering if there will be anything at worlds this year since it's at Beijing. Prob not :(
Hi, I'm Kristi!

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:49 pm

Teemo plz!!!

Return to “Pop!”