What is the best selling Funko series right now?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Re: What is the best selling Funko series right now?

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:31 pm

Strending625 wrote:I'm going to guess power rangers. Nostalgia for the people that grew up on it plus a new movie coming out.

That's what I was thinking, plus people in this age group usually have disposable income. FNAF seems like a great guess, but the age group is probably a bit younger and they may not have as much disposable income? Not sure.
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:38 pm

I was going to guess Harry potter but based on the never would have guessed it comment I would have to go with FNAF.
Hi, I'm Merri!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:52 pm

I would never have guessed FNAF, So maybe itt is FNAF.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:57 pm

Hmmm... best selling Funko series right now would probably be POPs

I mean Hikaris do alright, dorbz are taking off. Reaction figures are ... okay, they probably do better then I think tho. Deluxe Vinyl are so limited right now they don't really count it seems. I don't really know much about the others at the moment. But I know for sure it is POPs. Their popularity is SKY HIGH right now.

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. 18" Retro Freddy Skeletor 3. Retro Freddy Skeletor

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:03 pm

Anything Disney and LE I'd say is the best seller.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

ruxy_100

Postby ruxy_100 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:03 pm

I would have said Star Wars as one of the better selling lines all up. But probably not 'right now'.

My guess would probably be Power Rangers. Or Five Nights. Those seem to have exploded from just a couple of pops to full waves, PSH, mysetery minis, dorbz, plush and Hikari. So I assume they must be selling well.

ShockWaveZ55

Postby ShockWaveZ55 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Actually I think I heard on the funko podcast that their biggest surprise seller was fnaf. I don't know if they said it was the biggest seller but I was pretty huge.
Hi there! I'm Eric
pop count: over 900 8-[

https://www.instagram.com/55puma55/

treswright

Postby treswright » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 pm

And the answer is...

shannaduncanart@john.doe171 ... Actually, the FNAF line has been our top selling license since Funko acquired it. It out sells all other Funko licenses, including Star Wars, Marvel & DC Comics. We can't make these fast enough to fulfill retailer demand.

I was really stunned when I read this, I would have said Star Wars or Marvel!! But FNAF? Wow!! Congrats to those who guessed right, you have your pulse on Funko trending way better than I do

=D>

By the way the quote is from Funko designer Shannon Duncan, it is a response she posted on IG.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

cooldemigod

Postby cooldemigod » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:52 pm

treswright wrote:And the answer is...

shannaduncanart@john.doe171 ... Actually, the FNAF line has been our top selling license since Funko acquired it. It out sells all other Funko licenses, including Star Wars, Marvel & DC Comics. We can't make these fast enough to fulfill retailer demand.

I was really stunned when I read this, I would have said Star Wars or Marvel!! But FNAF? Wow!! Congrats to those who guessed right, you have your pulse on Funko trending way better than I do

=D>

By the way the quote is from Funko designer Shannon Duncan, it is a response she posted on IG.

Ya FNAF first became popular to young adults/teens when Markiplier, pewdiepie, and Jacksepticeye and other have played it. It hit the kids when DanTDM and other kid youtubers played it/ played a version of it. So then all the kids are skiing their parents for the merch and the parents just think it is a kid game because kid youtubers have played it but it is in actuality a horror game.
My Name's Josh! and I'm mainly here only to stalk the boards. Interests: Theater (Mainly Musical Theater) Hit me up about it, I can talk about it all day!

ImageImage

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:11 pm

FNAF was actually my 2nd guess lol I've never played it but good for them for having such a popular license!
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

blockablelaser

Postby blockablelaser » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:31 pm

I do see FNAF everywhere. Makes sense. DC just sitting on shelves unsold
Blizzard Account: superninja #160808
Pop + Dorbz: 650 and growing
ISO: Unmasked jason; sulley+boo sdcc, Freddy Leatherface, rocky balboa, SDCC Sulley, SDCC Boo Berry

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:35 pm

treswright wrote:And the answer is...

=D>

Really? Because they are shelf warmers here. I do regular rounds on my lunch break and those Pops just sit there. Actually, all FNAF merchandise just seems to linger. How odd.

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:42 pm

We still have a corrugate full of the FNAF pops at work lol but they're mostly the commons all the exclusives sold out that first week

NightmareMermaid
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby NightmareMermaid » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:17 am

I'm surprised by this mostly because before Funko acquired the license I had never even heard of it.
Marie
❄❄❄ Need 30th anniversary mermaid Ariel, RBtI Ariel Rock Candy, and The Oregon Duck protos ❄❄❄
#PartOfYourWorld

maythefunkobewithyou

Postby maythefunkobewithyou » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:50 am

The real question is which is the best selling line overall, not just right now....

lcarus83

Postby lcarus83 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:53 am

It outsells DC, Disney and Marvel because you dont make enough cool DC, Disney or Marvel anymore, Star Wars has been done to death, and most of the Harry Potter pops are lame variants. Im no fan of HP, but even if I was how many "kid with a stick" figures do people need? Seriously there must be 35 that are all close to the same. If FNAF is your top seller, you might wanna rethink what the hell youre doing with your other great licenses
Holy Grails: Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Logan

emk194

Postby emk194 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:08 am

I find that hard to believe. FNAF Pops here have been on shelves forever. I'll be honest - I bought the Shadow and Golden Freddy Pops because they were cute, not because I'm a fan of the games. I just see so many left over on the shelves that it surprised me.
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:37 am

Interesting. I knew it was popular but I didn't think it was the most popular. Oddly enough those pops are always around it seems. I can find them at any store easily.
Higher, Further, Faster

treswright

Postby treswright » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:48 am

lcarus83 wrote:It outsells DC, Disney and Marvel because you dont make enough cool DC, Disney or Marvel anymore, Star Wars has been done to death, and most of the Harry Potter pops are lame variants. Im no fan of HP, but even if I was how many "kid with a stick" figures do people need? Seriously there must be 35 that are all close to the same. If FNAF is your top seller, you might wanna rethink what the hell youre doing with your other great licenses

Yeah I hear you, seems like some of the franchises are getting worn out with new releases of obscure characters or yet another variant of an existing character that we already have. But I do have to give them some credit, Han on the Taun Taun was a shocker! I've been burned out on SW lately, but that got me fired up again! And even though yet another HP variant was enough to make me cringe, I was pleasantly surprised with the Harry holding Hedwig variant. That was way more interesting than Harry in a sweater or holding an egg or orb or whatever. And similarly, I was so tired of Batman and Superman variants but the two pack with them in action poses was fantastic! I wish they would do more of these kinds of things with the existing franchises to keep them fresh and interesting. And maybe they will!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

toro423
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby toro423 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:57 am

When I first saw this line I though to myself "Why?" I have never played the game but I had heard about it. I guess this explains it haha
Hi, Im Ed. OOB is the way to GO!
IG: eltoro423

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:18 pm

Huh, I'm surprised. I say this simply because when I go in basically anywhere that sells Funko items, FNAF seems to be the only thing NOT selling. I base that on for instance the Hot Topic I go to; they never have Spider Man or batman PSH, but a ton of FNAF. Same with the exclusive FNAF Pops. I don't understand the appeal, I read about the game and it sounds unspectacular or even that unique. I just mainly see it taking up space that could be devoted to other Funko lines!!!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:25 pm

treswright wrote:
lcarus83 wrote:It outsells DC, Disney and Marvel because you dont make enough cool DC, Disney or Marvel anymore, Star Wars has been done to death, and most of the Harry Potter pops are lame variants. Im no fan of HP, but even if I was how many "kid with a stick" figures do people need? Seriously there must be 35 that are all close to the same. If FNAF is your top seller, you might wanna rethink what the hell youre doing with your other great licenses

Yeah I hear you, seems like some of the franchises are getting worn out with new releases of obscure characters or yet another variant of an existing character that we already have. But I do have to give them some credit, Han on the Taun Taun was a shocker! I've been burned out on SW lately, but that got me fired up again! And even though yet another HP variant was enough to make me cringe, I was pleasantly surprised with the Harry holding Hedwig variant. That was way more interesting than Harry in a sweater or holding an egg or orb or whatever. And similarly, I was so tired of Batman and Superman variants but the two pack with them in action poses was fantastic! I wish they would do more of these kinds of things with the existing franchises to keep them fresh and interesting. And maybe they will!

Totaly inclined to agree. Even on the Funkast Cam made fun of the fact that they had made a pop of C2-B5 from Rogue One, a character that may not even appear(can't remember). And then, of course, there is the debacle of Varmik and Sidon Ithano being part of wave 1 from TFA. Especially when dealing with a company like Disney, I can't imagine Funko has the final say on what or is not made. But knowing C2-B5 has a Pop but not Galen Erso or Bodhi Rook is puzzling. Sure they could come in a wave 2 sort of like how TFA had a few important characters made but still.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

FunkoJoeSuper

Postby FunkoJoeSuper » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:23 pm

paxderomano wrote:Huh, I'm surprised. I say this simply because when I go in basically anywhere that sells Funko items, FNAF seems to be the only thing NOT selling. I base that on for instance the Hot Topic I go to; they never have Spider Man or batman PSH, but a ton of FNAF. Same with the exclusive FNAF Pops. I don't understand the appeal, I read about the game and it sounds unspectacular or even that unique. I just mainly see it taking up space that could be devoted to other Funko lines!!!

Good point. I've witnessed the same. There are usually a ton of FNAF in stock in the stores in my area.
Current Stats
Newest: Jolly Roger
First: Sharknado
Highest Valued (According to PPG & Covetly): Biggs Darklighter
Count: 1,018
Funko Collecting Since 2013
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... ZNXHBV3KB/

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:04 pm

Oh good, I'm not the only one flabbergasted about FNAF. I'm guessing wherever it is selling, must be selling well enough to offset where they are not.

maythefunkobewithyou

Postby maythefunkobewithyou » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:59 pm

paxderomano wrote:
treswright wrote:

Totaly inclined to agree. Even on the Funkast Cam made fun of the fact that they had made a pop of C2-B5 from Rogue One, a character that may not even appear(can't remember). And then, of course, there is the debacle of Varmik and Sidon Ithano being part of wave 1 from TFA. Especially when dealing with a company like Disney, I can't imagine Funko has the final say on what or is not made. But knowing C2-B5 has a Pop but not Galen Erso or Bodhi Rook is puzzling. Sure they could come in a wave 2 sort of like how TFA had a few important characters made but still.

I think you are missing the point. There are many reasons for this to happen. First, Funko gets these a year or so before the movie and has no clue who is important and who is not (or who will even be in the movie) and I am sure even if they do, they design a bunch that they think will sell and will look good in POP form. Second, and perhaps more importantly, they need to strategically spread out the key characters in different waves so people keep buying them. OK so the movie is almost out/they have a better idea of who the main characters are. What do they do? If they place all the main characters in wave 1 and all the background in wave 2, only a few people will go hunting for wave 2 and it won't even be big news. You spread your main characters in different waves, it keeps the hype up and people go out to buy more. C2-B5 might not get you off the couch to hunt down wave 2 but Bodhi & Galen will. Also, Bodhi has been confirmed for wave 2 multiple times by Funko. Probably going to see an announcement during NY Toy Fair,

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:10 pm

Wow i am surprised that FNAF is the top selling license. Whenever i go to different retailers their exclusives are always readily available. So its surprising that its a bestseller.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:09 pm

This is interesting. I'm more confident that we'll see a FNAF Freddy Funko in the future.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

The Head

Postby The Head » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:42 pm

I think it's all lines of FNAF stuff, not just pops. I don't follow it closely enough, but perhaps non pop lines of FNAF is making up for any perceived lack of sales for the pops.

Also, this is based on retailer orders, not customer purchases. Yes, one should drive the other, but retailers could have expected FNAF to sell really well in stores so they ordered a ton, which is why you see them everywhere. That may or may not have translated to customers actually buying them. OR, customers buy them, retailers restock, customers buy more, retailers restock... lather-rinse-repeat, hence the constant availability in store.

Finally, I wonder how they define "best selling." It may not be based simply on gross sales or total units. It could be on a per capita basis, which would make FNAF a little less surprising.

cooldemigod

Postby cooldemigod » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:57 pm

squidward wrote:This is interesting. I'm more confident that we'll see a FNAF Freddy Funko in the future.

I would buy that in an instant
My Name's Josh! and I'm mainly here only to stalk the boards. Interests: Theater (Mainly Musical Theater) Hit me up about it, I can talk about it all day!

ImageImage

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:03 pm

That is so crazy to me, considering I had never even heard of FNAF and didn't know what the heck it was until they announced Funko stuff for it. Then I had to look it up on wikipedia. I am most definitely not the target demographic for that line lol I feel like that stuff is pretty well stocked too - I always see it at stores so I just assumed it wasn't super popular. Maybe that's just because I don't hunt for it or know anyone that does. All you kids...Get off my lawn!!
Hi, I'm Merri!

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:04 pm

The Head wrote:I think it's all lines of FNAF stuff, not just pops. I don't follow it closely enough, but perhaps non pop lines of FNAF is making up for any perceived lack of sales for the pops.

Also, this is based on retailer orders, not customer purchases. Yes, one should drive the other, but retailers could have expected FNAF to sell really well in stores so they ordered a ton, which is why you see them everywhere. That may or may not have translated to customers actually buying them. OR, customers buy them, retailers restock, customers buy more, retailers restock... lather-rinse-repeat, hence the constant availability in store.

Finally, I wonder how they define "best selling." It may not be based simply on gross sales or total units. It could be on a per capita basis, which would make FNAF a little less surprising.

Well, around here, all FNAF products are shelf-warmers. My Target section was cleaned out of everything around it's section, but had it fully stocked with stuff that I have seen for months. My B&N - that was the only fully (and overstocked) one of their standalone displays - everything else was pilfered. My Hot Topic and Game Stop, same story. And I'm in Los Angeles, where you'd think that would be the big market.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:49 pm

FNAF for sure!
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

bryan_sato54

Postby bryan_sato54 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:08 pm

stranger things will be a top seller for sure..and dragon ball z is a hit as of now...
Hi Im Bryan & Im Pop Collector & Back to the Future Collector as well. \:D/

INSTAGRAM : BRTS054

Return to “Pop!”