New York Toy Fair 2017

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
commodorefunko

New York Toy Fair 2017

Postby commodorefunko » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Reveals start on Friday the 17th! Who's excited? What are you looking forward to?
And as always, please keep this thread as positive as possible. Let's not turn this into a disappointment fest over all the reveals, be excited for other people's cups of tea.
Thanks!
Here's what to expect from Toy Fair news, courtesy of Tres:
treswright wrote:
If anyone is expecting Yoko and Cameron to be broadcasting waves that's not what'll happen. Toy Fair is a show for retailers, and it is where the manufacturers roll out their catalogs for the year for retailers to place orders. So we will finally get to see Funko's 2017 catalog. It will not have any exclusives shown, just the commons. Most of it will be stuff we've already seen and/ or heard about, but there will be a few new things no doubt, and there will also finally be pictures of things we've heard mentioned (in things like the 12 Days of Christmas) but haven't seen yet. Some of the pictures will be glams and others will be artist sketches. Some of the items shown in the catalog will never get produced, so bear that in mind too. In addition I'm sure some of the retailers at Toy Fair will snap pics of Funko's displays and they'll get posted here. Again it'll mostly be stuff we already know about, but hopefully we'll get some peeks at new stuff too :-) So it'll be fun to see some of the stuff, but there's not going to be the hype, pomp & circumstance around this that there is for con exclusives.
Last edited by commodorefunko on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonas is the name, Pops are my game

Current POP Count: 299! I want to get something special for 300!+ 9 Mini/Pocket Pops
Current Dorbz/Pint Sized Heroes Count: 20ish
Current Mystery Mini/Idolz/Hikari/Mini Hikari Count: 20

ISO: Any color/white Masters of The Universe, X-Files, Twin Peaks, LOST, Stranger Things, Mr T, and Star Wars protos!!

Drayco21

Re: New York Toy Fair 2017

Postby Drayco21 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Hope we hear something about the Homecoming pops, maybe something for The Last Knight (both movies should have their primary toylines debut at Toyfair, so it'd make sense)

My unlikely hope is for a new wave of Titanfall Pops or our first look at the Dragon Age series.

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:39 pm

All the Disney and Star Wars (Dorbz, please)! I hope we see some cool Star Wars Rides/Ridez. I would like to see some new Harry Potter and Doctor Who stuff, too. I hope they show off a bunch of new Rock Candy, maybe Disney, Harry Potter, and Scott Pilgrim characters.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:40 pm

Lots of Dorbz or I'll riot lol Thanks for making the thread! Now I can relax on Friday and enjoy all the announcements as they come in :D

I have a feeling the New York one is going to blow the London one out of the water so I'm sure we'll see tons of amazing stuff, I can't wait!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:47 pm

I'm hoping to see some more Masters of the Universe Pops and Dorbz, of course! And if there are Pint Sized Heroes of them I will DIE. Really looking forward to seeing what new Pint Sized Heroes are in store for this year in general as well :)
Hi, I'm Merri!

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:50 pm

commodorefunko wrote:Reveals start on Friday the 17th! Who's excited? What are you looking forward to?
And as always, please keep this thread as positive as possible. Let's not turn this into a disappointment fest over all the reveals, be excited for other people's cups of tea.
Thanks!

We might want to clarify what to expect from Toy Fair news. If anyone is expecting Yoko and Cameron to be broadcasting waves that's not what'll happen. Toy Fair is a show for retailers, and it is where the manufacturers roll out their catalogs for the year for retailers to place orders. So we will finally get to see Funko's 2017 catalog. It will not have any exclusives shown, just the commons. Most of it will be stuff we've already seen and/ or heard about, but there will be a few new things no doubt, and there will also finally be pictures of things we've heard mentioned (in things like the 12 Days of Christmas) but haven't seen yet. Some of the pictures will be glams and others will be artist sketches. Some of the items shown in the catalog will never get produced, so bear that in mind too. In addition I'm sure some of the retailers at Toy Fair will snap pics of Funko's displays and they'll get posted here. Again it'll mostly be stuff we already know about, but hopefully we'll get some peeks at new stuff too :-) So it'll be fun to see some of the stuff, but there's not going to be the hype, pomp & circumstance around this that there is for con exclusives.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:57 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

That being said....I cannot wait! The last time I went to toy fair was around 2008 and I had a blast.
I owned a shop back then so my cousin and I went. Picked up some freebies, took tons of pics, met a lot of amazing people....just a total blast
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Hoping they announce something LoL related! :D
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:59 pm

valorandvellum wrote:Hoping they announce something LoL related! :D

Everything is LoL related if you have a broad sense of humor :D
Last edited by Sarcasticguy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

grilledeggplant

Postby grilledeggplant » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Im gonna stop by monday and see whats up...

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Sarcasticguy wrote:

Ugh, you know what I mean! lol :rolleyes: :violent1:
Creator of Soonay & Toratai • 2024 Shows: ECCC (H-12), WonderCon (F-26), C2E2 (U-12), AX (B3), SDCC (Booth #4721)

cooldemigod

Postby cooldemigod » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:07 pm

As said that FNAF SL POPs are coming really hoping to see those.
My Name's Josh! and I'm mainly here only to stalk the boards. Interests: Theater (Mainly Musical Theater) Hit me up about it, I can talk about it all day!

ImageImage

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:08 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
Sarcasticguy wrote:

Ugh, you know what I mean! lol :rolleyes: :violent1:

LoLing at this. Now this is LoL related. :roflmao: lol :roflmao: lol
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:16 pm

A buddy of mine is going (press pass) and is grabbing me a catalog. Stoked!

In general, looking forward to seeing some Star Wars, Marvel, Disney. Heck everything really!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Princess

Postby Princess » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm excited for news on the dorbz, and the ridez....and the dorbz! lol. I'm excited about it all. Even if I don't buy it....I usually like looking at it. Can't wait!
signature created by bathtub-tigers

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:26 pm

I couldn't resist and already pre-ordered my Harley Quinn Living Dead Doll. If it's Harls, I need it. LOL
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:31 pm

paxderomano wrote:A buddy of mine is going (press pass) and is grabbing me a catalog. Stoked!

In general, looking forward to seeing some Star Wars, Marvel, Disney. Heck everything really!

You should tell him to grab 20 catalogs and give me a shout when he gives them to you lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

GeekyFinds

Postby GeekyFinds » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:31 pm

I read Justice League and Wonder Woman line reveals are coming during Toy Fair...Can't wait
You can call me....Ryan :wwe5:
ImageImage

GeekyFinds

Postby GeekyFinds » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:33 pm

jedik6 wrote:I couldn't resist and already pre-ordered my Harley Quinn Living Dead Doll. If it's Harls, I need it. LOL

I saw these and fell in love with it... Hopefully there's a Joker to accompany her
You can call me....Ryan :wwe5:
ImageImage

Blake85

Postby Blake85 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:40 pm

I'll post a video.
Like i did last year.
So hopefully my cell.doesn't die on me lol
Follow me on instagram @popwars and @gojirawars

ISO : Resident Evil Protos :
Jill Valentine , Hunter , Licker , Leon S Kennedy

angrykoalagear

Postby angrykoalagear » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:45 pm

I am always to excited to see any new news, but hoping to see some Star Wars Mystery Minis news.

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:53 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
paxderomano wrote:A buddy of mine is going (press pass) and is grabbing me a catalog. Stoked!

You should tell him to grab 20 catalogs and give me a shout when he gives them to you lol

If he ends up grabbing me more than one, you're now first on the list!
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:13 pm

[quote="CaseyJones14"]Lots of Dorbz or I'll riot lol Thanks for making the thread! Now I can relax on Friday and enjoy all the announcements as they come in :D

Yes, thank you for doing this ... just a few SDCC17 leaks please!!! 8-[
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:17 pm

treswright wrote:
commodorefunko wrote:Reveals start on Friday the 17th! Who's excited? What are you looking forward to?
Thanks!

We might want to clarify what to expect from Toy Fair news. If anyone is expecting Yoko and Cameron to be broadcasting waves that's not what'll happen. Toy Fair is a show for retailers, and it is where the manufacturers roll out their catalogs for the year for retailers to place orders. So we will finally get to see Funko's 2017 catalog. It will not have any exclusives shown, just the commons. Most of it will be stuff we've already seen and/ or heard about, but there will be a few new things no doubt, and there will also finally be pictures of things we've heard mentioned (in things like the 12 Days of Christmas) but haven't seen yet. Some of the pictures will be glams and others will be artist sketches. Some of the items shown in the catalog will never get produced, so bear that in mind too. In addition I'm sure some of the retailers at Toy Fair will snap pics of Funko's displays and they'll get posted here. Again it'll mostly be stuff we already know about, but hopefully we'll get some peeks at new stuff too :-) So it'll be fun to see some of the stuff, but there's not going to be the hype, pomp & circumstance around this that there is for con exclusives.

Yes, but I'm hoping for another interview with Brian. Last year he shared a lot of interesting info and the video interviews are really great. :cheers:

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:19 pm

I always enjoy watching Toy Fair reveals. For years it was all about the Star Wars merch, but this year will be the first time I'll be paying heavy attention to all things Funko. I'm not sure what new reveals I'm hoping to see. I kinda have an overwhelming number of Pops I want that are coming out in the next month or two, so I'm hoping there isn't too much I want. I think it will be interesting to see if they will be making anything for the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and I'd also like to see some Spider-Man: Homecoming Pops as well. Also maybe a wave 2 of Rogue One Pops. My interest in that movie has cooled quite a bit since its release, so I don't know if I will buy any more Pops from it. Depends on who they make and how they look.

emk194

Postby emk194 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Looking forward to seeing all of the new anime Pops! I love Toy Fair reveals. So much fun. I remember freaking out over the Golden Girls Pops reveal last year. :D
Hey yo, I'm Elyn!

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:28 pm

I hope there are some Iron Man surprises!
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Capt Hook

Postby Capt Hook » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:38 pm

I hope they show more Disney Mymoji figures like have new characters like Donald,Goofy,Kermit The Frog,White Rabbit & Genie.

angeladominguez

Postby angeladominguez » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:06 pm

My calendar has been marked! :)

The Minifigure Vinyl

Postby The Minifigure Vinyl » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:00 pm

This is most likely the last chance of Funko revealing AHS: Roanoke Pop!s, so hopefully they'll be revealed at Toy Fair. That season made AHS my favorite TV show and I NEED Pop!s for it! Come on, Funko! lol

jedik6
HoF 2023 & CotM
HoF 2023 & CotM

Postby jedik6 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:09 pm

GeekyFinds wrote:
jedik6 wrote:I couldn't resist and already pre-ordered my Harley Quinn Living Dead Doll. If it's Harls, I need it. LOL

I saw these and fell in love with it... Hopefully there's a Joker to accompany her

Now you're teasing! That would be great!!
Ahsoka Superfan
HOF #94 - Class of 2023
ISO Kamala Khan / Ms. Marvel MCU
Wednesday Addams Netflix Proto

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:11 pm

angeladominguez wrote:My calendar has been marked! :)

Only 3 more days!!! :cheers:

cooldemigod

Postby cooldemigod » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:15 pm

paxderomano wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

If he ends up grabbing me more than one, you're now first on the list!

You should put me on for second! plz lol. I could probaly find a pdf XD
My Name's Josh! and I'm mainly here only to stalk the boards. Interests: Theater (Mainly Musical Theater) Hit me up about it, I can talk about it all day!

ImageImage

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Oh, I didn't realize Toy Fair was so soon. I loved seeing the catalog last year, so much fun! :cheers:

Hoping for some more Doctor Who. Maybe with the next season starting soon we'll get some, but I'm not holding my breath. Would also like to see some more DC Bombshells, hopefully in Rock Candy form.
Image Image
Courtesies: SPN Sig: ChinoX Team Badges: valorandvellum Team Tardis: hailmary25

eastWOLF

Postby eastWOLF » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:25 pm

I can't wait for Saturday! I'll try and have good 1080p videos uploaded each day I go :)
Kai
IG: @eastwolfstyle
ISO:
BLANKA PSH PROTOS
SPIKE SPIEGEL PROTO

0xTurtle
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby 0xTurtle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:33 pm

eastWOLF wrote:I can't wait for Saturday! I'll try and have good 1080p videos uploaded each day I go :)

Can you please try and get a good shot of Alex and that magical beard... pretty please! And the toys too, I guess lol I can't wait to watch, hope you guys have a great time!
Hiya, everyone calls me, well, Turtle.
ISO: DEK Chet | Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite) Pop proto

perfectgame34
HoF 2017 & Spirit
HoF 2017 & Spirit

Postby perfectgame34 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:37 pm

In addition to the reveals on Friday (like how the London reveals went), we have lots of fun content planned for NYTF so keep your eyes on @OriginalFunko as always! And as others have said please keep in mind our reveals don't always include everything and definitely doesn't include any exclusives... AND it really only covers about the first half of the year!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
IG & Twitter: @yokomccann

0xTurtle
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby 0xTurtle » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Yoko wrote:In addition to the reveals on Friday (like how the London reveals went), we have lots of fun content planned for NYTF so keep your eyes on @OriginalFunko as always! And as others have said please keep in mind our reveals don't always include everything and definitely doesn't include any exclusives... AND it really only covers about the first half of the year!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

... what a tease lol but good to know this is only the tip of the Funko-iceberg for this coming year.
Hiya, everyone calls me, well, Turtle.
ISO: DEK Chet | Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite) Pop proto

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Thanks Yoko!
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:42 pm

Thanks Yoko! Can't wait!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Return to “Pop!”