American Horror Story Pops - Unvaulting?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
pingu58011

American Horror Story Pops - Unvaulting?

Postby pingu58011 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:50 am

So I am new to collecting pops and am currently trying to get the AHS collection. However, some of the figures are very pricey and I was wondering if there is any chance of them being unvaulted or not? I don't know how common unvaulting happens and I am desperate for the likes of Ma Petite and the Tattler Twins :(

The Head

Re: American Horror Story Pops - Unvaulting?

Postby The Head » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:08 am

Unvaulting happens, but so far it's not all that common. More likely it'd be releasing a new mold of the character..Star wars is the biggest exception as they unvaulted a bunch of their older pops with a different color box.

I'd say it's highly unlikely that the AHS pops would be unvaulted. I don't think they were all that popular the first time around. A little surprising to me, but what can you do.

You might want to start a thread in the "want to buy" section. There may be someone here willing to sell at a more reasonable price.

Good luck!

pingu58011

Postby pingu58011 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:57 am

The Head wrote:Unvaulting happens, but so far it's not all that common. More likely it'd be releasing a new mold of the character..Star wars is the biggest exception as they unvaulted a bunch of their older pops with a different color box.

I'd say it's highly unlikely that the AHS pops would be unvaulted. I don't think they were all that popular the first time around. A little surprising to me, but what can you do.

You might want to start a thread in the "want to buy" section. There may be someone here willing to sell at a more reasonable price.

Good luck!

Oh right okay thank you this is the best explanation I have found anywhere of unvaulting! I guess I will just have to go on the hunt for the AHS pops then :razz:

I will go into that section right away then thanks a lot for this!

FunkoJoeSuper

Postby FunkoJoeSuper » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:38 pm

AHS is an interesting set. Some of the vaulted pieces really increased their value pretty quickly too. I was fortunate to find Tate Langdon this weekend. I had been after him for a long time and he's the priciest one of the set.
Current Stats
Newest: Jolly Roger
First: Sharknado
Highest Valued (According to PPG & Covetly): Biggs Darklighter
Count: 1,018
Funko Collecting Since 2013
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... ZNXHBV3KB/

pingu58011

Postby pingu58011 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:53 pm

FunkoJoeSuper wrote:AHS is an interesting set. Some of the vaulted pieces really increased their value pretty quickly too. I was fortunate to find Tate Langdon this weekend. I had been after him for a long time and he's the priciest one of the set.

Yeah Tate is definitely the priciest one! It's annoying aswell because I bought him for my friend the other year and I'm not even friends with them now :( Wish I got them all at the time when they were out!

FunkoJoeSuper

Postby FunkoJoeSuper » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:55 pm

pingu58011 wrote:
FunkoJoeSuper wrote:AHS is an interesting set. Some of the vaulted pieces really increased their value pretty quickly too. I was fortunate to find Tate Langdon this weekend. I had been after him for a long time and he's the priciest one of the set.

Yeah Tate is definitely the priciest one! It's annoying aswell because I bought him for my friend the other year and I'm not even friends with them now :( Wish I got them all at the time when they were out!

It's all part of the game. There are so many I could have bought over the years for $10 or cheaper, and now that I really want them, they are worth 10x as much. It's frustrating but fun at the same time.
Current Stats

JBeard

Postby JBeard » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:27 pm

No they weren't Vaulted that long ago

pingu58011

Postby pingu58011 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:52 pm

FunkoJoeSuper wrote:
pingu58011 wrote:

It's all part of the game. There are so many I could have bought over the years for $10 or cheaper, and now that I really want them, they are worth 10x as much. It's frustrating but fun at the same time.

It's very frustrating but I guess that feeling of having a pop that you know is quite rare will feel good! The hunt for them is exciting too

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:56 pm

The Head wrote:Unvaulting happens, but so far it's not all that common. More likely it'd be releasing a new mold of the character..Star wars is the biggest exception as they unvaulted a bunch of their older pops with a different color box.

Yes, this. Unvaulting is very rare and unusual, even in the case of SW only a handful have been unvaulted. I don't see it happening with AHS.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

FunkoJoeSuper

Postby FunkoJoeSuper » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:45 pm

pingu58011 wrote:
FunkoJoeSuper wrote:
pingu58011 wrote:

It's very frustrating but I guess that feeling of having a pop that you know is quite rare will feel good! The hunt for them is exciting too

Absolutely! I love the thrill of all of it.
Current Stats

Return to “Pop!”