Matte Batgirl

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
GREECE MONKEYz

Matte Batgirl

Postby GREECE MONKEYz » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:35 am

I tried to use a magic eraser on Batgirls mask which is matte paint, got some blemishes off not all of them, but by mistake left behind specks of white *where im assuming the paint came off.

I know quality control isnt funkos strongsuit...

Is this something that could've been there without me noticing???

Thanks a bunch as always!

You guys are great!

FunkoJoeSuper

Re: Matte Batgirl

Postby FunkoJoeSuper » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:09 pm

Hard to say. It definitely could have been there prior. I doubt Batgirl was made with white vinyl though so not sure if it would be from the magic eraser removing the paint.

This is why I've stopped messing with Pop flaws. I try to leave them alone as long as they aren't too distracting. The way I see it is, pretty much every Pop has some type of flaw due to the quality control. Stressing about and fixing flaws all the time was sort of distracting me from enjoying the collection.
Current Stats
Newest: Jolly Roger
First: Sharknado
Highest Valued (According to PPG & Covetly): Biggs Darklighter
Count: 1,018
Funko Collecting Since 2013
http://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/memb ... ZNXHBV3KB/

treswright

Re: Matte Batgirl

Postby treswright » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:28 pm

I agree with Joe, the base Pop is almost never white (unless that's its color, like a Snow Trooper or something). I have no idea what the white spots might be but it's unlikely to be vinyl showing through the paint. I've intentionally tried to remove paint from Pops before and man let me tell you, it is not easy. That stuff is on there.

Also be very careful using a magic eraser on matte paint. If you scrub too much it'll "polish" the paint to a shiny finish.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Return to “Pop!”