release dates

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
wraithkelso

release dates

Postby wraithkelso » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:31 pm

Ok so I'm very curious as to what the other collectors think about this. As we know for Force Friday, and convention exclusives there is a a strictly enforced "do not sell before" date on the figures, this was also the case with the recent Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 release. However mot releases are way more random and simply based on when it arrives at a particular store. So would anyone else like it if there as a set date on exclusives not to be sold before a certain date, and for all companies to try to have them in stock at all locations before that date. I'm not as worried about common releases, but with exclusives I would like this.Say for example the Star Wars Rebels - Inquisitors that are exclusive to Walmart, right now we are basically playing the "wait and hope" game, by which I mean we have to continually wait for them to arrive in our local store, then hope they don't sell out before we can get there. But why not simply have them as a hard release of say 3/10 (literally pulled that date out of nowhere), so that all stores will have them in stock on the same day, and we can all plan ahead to make sure we are there first thing in the morning.

Or what if there was simply a "new pop day" kind of like comic books, movies, and records all release on a specific date. I would love if we could see this.

What do you guys think? Would this takeaway "the fun of the hunt" for you?
My Pop collection:
Disney: 297
Marvel: 53
Star Wars: 49
Harry Potter: 44
DC: 25
Animation: 11
Once Upon a Time: 9
Misc.: 28
Mystery Minis: 25
Rock-Candy: 12
Funko Games: 7
Dorbz: 5
Plush: 5
Hikari: 5
Vixens: 3
Soda: Roger Rabbit
Wobblers: Darth Vader

Classier

Re: release dates

Postby Classier » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:14 pm

I don't know. I like it when I find an unexpected POP in stores.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:33 pm

Think it's kinda like that at some stores now, I think people lined up waiting for Hot Topic to open for chases

lol
2012 Rookie of the Year

Fawny

Postby Fawny » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:30 pm

I would like to see that happen. This would be good for finding chases. I never have any idea when the stores around me get their stock.
Image Image
Courtesies: SPN Sig: ChinoX Team Badges: valorandvellum Team Tardis: hailmary25

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:41 pm

FawnyLovesFunko wrote:I would like to see that happen. This would be good for finding chases. I never have any idea when the stores around me get their stock.

Same for me. I keep an eye on my HT's FB page because they usually post what new pops they get in and there is only one other "serious" collection in my town so I don't have a ton of competition but I still don't have a lot of hunting options.
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

Return to “Pop!”