POP! Monsters (Funko Original Line)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
PopYouOff

Re: POP! Monsters (Funko Original Line)

Postby PopYouOff » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 am

RicoSabroso wrote:Now if only they could make them glow different colors

i need the glow variants asap !
:freddy2: What Would You Do For A Funko

bspears82

Postby bspears82 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:08 am

New shelf will have to be added for these :)

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:23 am

The new wetmore monsters are so cute!!
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

x56735x

Postby x56735x » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:34 am

I like the new line of Wetmore monsters. They really are getting pretty creative and I hope it continues to grow in popularity....especially slog....damn slog...what a great name....LOL
ImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:03 am

This seems to be going out to everyone besides the shop (least it looks that way). I hope they make their way to the Gamestop pre-order list because I have some transfers burning a whole in my pocket looking for a new home cuz there's not really much to get on the list right now.

He-Mann

Postby He-Mann » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:08 pm

Why are the original 6 Funko Shop exclusive wetmore monsters being sold at retailers? This kinda kills the exclusiveness of them. Is there anything different about those?
ImageImageImageImage

Xeno

Postby Xeno » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:44 pm

So when is this line coming out?

FunkoLoco

Postby FunkoLoco » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:33 am

i wish they'd make a series of these. if that show would be a hit, the funko pops would all increase in value and want-ability. hehe
ImageImage

jarroyo2491

Postby jarroyo2491 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:13 am

Ehhh not a fan of this line. It’s a pass for me. Something about it throws me off.

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage ImageImage Image

Gray

Postby Gray » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:13 pm

This is currently my most anticipated line of Pops. I love everything I've seen so far and love the direction it's heading. Original monsters with unique backstories and characteristics is just an awesome concept to build off of.
Grayson/Gray :freddy1:

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:16 pm

I'm trying to talk myself out of buying ALL of the monsters but it's a losing battle lol. Price will be a factor. I emailed Funko to see if they're going to be 10 or 15 and in all stores or exclusive.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

Classier

Postby Classier » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:I'm trying to talk myself out of buying ALL of the monsters but it's a losing battle lol. Price will be a factor. I emailed Funko to see if they're going to be 10 or 15 and in all stores or exclusive.

They’re supposed to be available everywhere.

ricechen3

Postby ricechen3 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:49 pm

wonder if i should start a collection..

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:18 am

Sorry to be late to the party, but figures 7, 8, 9, and 11 are now in stock on the Funko-Shop.

The-Vicious-Fish

Postby The-Vicious-Fish » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:48 am

Tumblebee is my favorie. Reminds me of my dog who I had for 12 years ❤️
I’m Thomas! Love Harry Potter, Doctor Who and cats :)

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:52 am

I think Grumble and Mulch are adorable, could seriously tempt me down the dark hole of collecting a new line!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:08 am

If anyone is looking to buy monsters from the funko shop, maybe play some mushberry first...At 10,000 points there's a little prize code.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:13 am

Jade-Rex wrote:If anyone is looking to buy monsters from the funko shop, maybe play some mushberry first...At 10,000 points there's a little prize code.

I will do just that, thanks for the heads up Jade! Might leave me with just abit more in my wallet after I'm done with the purchases ;-)
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:08 am

I like Liverwort and Smoots, but Slog is a great name!
Image Image

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:42 am

Today the other half of the Pop monsters released on the Funko-Shop!

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:50 am

Boy is it difficult to scroll past the "tough guys" who feel it's their duty to criticize the monsters and really anything else on IG. Obviously there is nothing wrong with not liking a line, but some of them are so nasty and I find myself wanting to respond or un-follow them right away.

There are a lot of items I don't like, but then I simply don't respond to posts, or like them or obviously don't make my own post being nasty about them. Just strange.

Personally I've always had a thing for monsters, and while I don't really like all of them, I do want to get each one just to have some Funko original items.

Sorry for the mini rant, I read an IG post right before coming on here. Ugh.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 716ish
Dorbz: 34
Mystery Minis: 33
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Jezter wrote:Boy is it difficult to scroll past the "tough guys" who feel it's their duty to criticize the monsters and really anything else on IG. Obviously there is nothing wrong with not liking a line, but some of them are so nasty and I find myself wanting to respond or un-follow them right away.

There are a lot of items I don't like, but then I simply don't respond to posts, or like them or obviously don't make my own post being nasty about them. Just strange.

Personally I've always had a thing for monsters, and while I don't really like all of them, I do want to get each one just to have some Funko original items.

I’m completely clueless why people get so mad about the existence of these monsters. More Funko for everyone isn’t that bad, is it?

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Classier wrote:
Jezter wrote:Boy is it difficult to scroll past the "tough guys" who feel it's their duty to criticize the monsters and really anything else on IG. Obviously there is nothing wrong with not liking a line, but some of them are so nasty and I find myself wanting to respond or un-follow them right away.

I’m completely clueless why people get so mad about the existence of these monsters. More Funko for everyone isn’t that bad, is it?

It is annoying to read such immature comments. Don't like em, don't buy em! It's easy! But now I realize that it just means more monsters for me hehehe.

The designs and details are beautiful and I really loved the world building animation. It was amazing.

wmwadeii

Postby wmwadeii » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Got mine set ordered hopefully get the chase but if not no big deal just want one of each character.

Still think it's odd that they are going to release "everywhere" because like most Funko Originals the only people that know about them, are the collectors. So putting them for example in say Walmart or Target would bomb unless it's maybe the girls section (sorry don't think these look like boys toys from a marketing and display perspective) as a full display with cute shirts and lunchboxes and the whole bit. otherwise I don't think they would sell well. Hot Topic and Box Lunch maybe because that's how they currently handle displays. Online Pop! Shops yep there too because collectors already go there and I'd imagine are going to sell them a little cheaper (well give or take shipping since it was free today). The only way I can see this succeed everywhere is if they have an unannounced project (hint hint Netflix series) that they are going to announce and Fundays, and they release them simultaneously with the "projects" release.
Images Unplugged
- Dorbz News, Photos & Checklists
#dorbzoutsidethebox on Instagram
Pop! = 360 Dorbz = 588 Vynl. = 27
wmwadeii on PPG and Stashpedia

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:52 pm

I think Sapwood Mossbottom has to be my absolute favorite from this line. The tiny creatures lost in his beard make me smile. I'm actually hoping they make matching plushies for these new monsters too.
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

Xeno

Postby Xeno » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:53 pm

wmwadeii wrote:Got mine set ordered hopefully get the chase but if not no big deal just want one of each character.

Still think it's odd that they are going to release "everywhere" because like most Funko Originals the only people that know about them, are the collectors. So putting them for example in say Walmart or Target would bomb unless it's maybe the girls section (sorry don't think these look like boys toys from a marketing and display perspective) as a full display with cute shirts and lunchboxes and the whole bit. otherwise I don't think they would sell well. Hot Topic and Box Lunch maybe because that's how they currently handle displays. Online Pop! Shops yep there too because collectors already go there and I'd imagine are going to sell them a little cheaper (well give or take shipping since it was free today). The only way I can see this succeed everywhere is if they have an unannounced project (hint hint Netflix series) that they are going to announce and Fundays, and they release them simultaneously with the "projects" release.

Based off the of the animated short that they put out, there might be a series/ books since it looks like there is a story with all of these monsters.

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:04 pm

MiniPop wrote:I think Sapwood Mossbottom has to be my absolute favorite from this line. The tiny creatures lost in his beard make me smile. I'm actually hoping they make matching plushies for these new monsters too.

Like these? :D
(Sorry for how jpeg-y it is.)

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:43 pm

I can’t keep up!!! :(
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

OriginalDuffy

Postby OriginalDuffy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:53 pm

I love all these characters!
Image Image
Image Image

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:36 am

wmwadeii wrote:Got mine set ordered hopefully get the chase but if not no big deal just want one of each character.

I don't know, I can see these selling fairly well at a local comic store or Barnes and Noble. Which, granted, are arguably still aimed mostly at collectors, but some of the more casual ones. I do agree that, for major retailers, they'd be better off putting them in a kid's section at first; I can see this second wave selling fairly well in the boy's section- the villains, and such. Maybe it's just me, but I don't necessarily see these as "girls" or "boys" toys. I have younger nieces and nephews that are both interested in them. They like the look of the creatures and the fantasy element behind it, and they've really started to get into the expanding lore. There's definitely a market. If you can have boys buying My Little Pony and girls buying something like, say, Nerf guns, then I don't see why they wouldn't want a cute little fantasy creature. They kinda toe the line between too cute, and looking "cool" enough for boys, while missing the oft associated "fantasy violence", which will probably sit well with parents.

I assume Funko kinda knew they're taking a risk with an original property. At least until word gets out, most of the sales for Wetmore will probably come from Funko Shop. I'd love to see a tie-in like a show or book series. It might take a while to take off, but I see these selling fairly well. Either way, I wish them luck; I'm loving the line personally, and would love to see more, especially some of the unused designs from before.
:dkjoker1:

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Classier wrote:
MiniPop wrote:I think Sapwood Mossbottom has to be my absolute favorite from this line. The tiny creatures lost in his beard make me smile. I'm actually hoping they make matching plushies for these new monsters too.

Like these? :D
(Sorry for how jpeg-y it is.)

Ok, not sure I missed those, but yes. Just like those lol
I am even more excited now!
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:02 pm

I was imagining these guys as corduroy textured plush. It would give kind of an old school feel to them, don't get me wrong I love how soft they are now.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

The-Vicious-Fish

Postby The-Vicious-Fish » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:29 am

I can’t wait to get them alll!
I’m Thomas! Love Harry Potter, Doctor Who and cats :)

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:34 pm

Apparently there was a new series of Pop Monsters found at the HQ! They’re all recolors of the first wave for the fall season. There aren’t any glams at the moment, but the funkofinderz Instagram page has pictures of the new wave. https://www.instagram.com/p/BmoT-36lrD-/?hl=en

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Classier wrote:Apparently there was a new series of Pop Monsters found at the HQ! They’re all recolors of the first wave for the fall season. There aren’t any glams at the moment, but the funkofinderz Instagram page has pictures of the new wave. https://www.instagram.com/p/BmoT-36lrD-/?hl=en

I saw this as well and honestly not sure how I feel about the subtle change of color for fall. I mean I do have all the monsters and part of me thinks I should just get the new ones, but I kinda wish funko did something a little more spectacular with the first wave. If they did a different color glow for each of the first wave monsters, now that would have been spectacular. Tumblebee- yellow glow, butterhorn- orange glow, snuggle-tooth- blue glow, bugsy wingnut- purple glow, Chester mcfreckle- red glow, pickelz- green glow :)

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Boymom4 wrote:
Classier wrote:Apparently there was a new series of Pop Monsters found at the HQ! They’re all recolors of the first wave for the fall season. There aren’t any glams at the moment, but the funkofinderz Instagram page has pictures of the new wave. https://www.instagram.com/p/BmoT-36lrD-/?hl=en

I saw this as well and honestly not sure how I feel about the subtle change of color for fall. I mean I do have all the monsters and part of me thinks I should just get the new ones, but I kinda wish funko did something a little more spectacular with the first wave. If they did a different color glow for each of the first wave monsters, now that would have been spectacular. Tumblebee- yellow glow, butterhorn- orange glow, snuggle-tooth- blue glow, bugsy wingnut- purple glow, Chester mcfreckle- red glow, pickelz- green glow :)

You are free to dislike the new wave of pop monsters, but when Funko announced them back in ECCC 2017, one of the very first things they told us about these guys was that their variants would be seasonal based, and they’ve stuck to their word, so I don’t know if you should really be disappointed in them.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:31 pm

I love these new variants! I must have them. Hopefully they show up on the funko shop soon. I have Tumblebee and the flocked variants, and the rest on pre order. Just need these now. Tumblebee is still my favorite, even in a different color. And this palette might end up being my favorite.

If the original was summer, winter was snow flocked, and fall are these colors, I wonder what spring would be?
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:35 pm

allcutethings2 wrote:I love these new variants! I must have them. Hopefully they show up on the funko shop soon. I have Tumblebee and the flocked variants, and the rest on pre order. Just need these now. Tumblebee is still my favorite, even in a different color. And this palette might end up being my favorite.

If the original was summer, winter was snow flocked, and fall are these colors, I wonder what spring would be?

Probably pastel/Easter colors, that’s what I’d be guessing.

Classier

Postby Classier » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:05 pm

Funko also released some new plushies to go with the Fall set of Pop Monsters! Image

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:07 pm

Fall is my favorite season, so I'm really loving the seasonal variation for these guys. I saw they made plushies of these colors, too. I'd live in the Wetmore Forest area and be completely satisfied. Haha.

I also hope we get a flying Bugsy variant. Glad to see this line doing so well and look forward to more to come.
Melissa

Return to “Pop!”