New Lord of the Rings Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Argus

Re: New Lord of the Rings Pops

Postby Argus » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:42 am

I'm very glad to hear there will be more coming. By the time I saw this was live, they'd already been sold out for a good twenty minutes. Having a full-time job is really not conducive to successful Pop collecting. It might be if only people who actually collected bought stuff, but it seems quite a few are purchased by people whose only intention is to turn around and flip them on Ebay.

MiniDeadpool

Postby MiniDeadpool » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Argus wrote:I'm very glad to hear there will be more coming. By the time I saw this was live, they'd already been sold out for a good twenty minutes. Having a full-time job is really not conducive to successful Pop collecting. It might be if only people who actually collected bought stuff, but it seems quite a few are purchased by people whose only intention is to turn around and flip them on Ebay.

Yeah I dont usually collect LOTR funkos... but I was curious about this box in particular but by the time it came out, it was long gone sadly.
My instagram: Sickleclaw

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:40 pm

mmcvey wrote:The Barnes & Noble mystery box is listed in the Black Friday sale preview on their website for $10 off ($21.95). I imagine this is the reason it sold out so quickly today, as they are likely holding back a certain number to ensure available stock for the sale.

Darn, that's a better deal! Too bad B&N's return policy is not good. Ours is expected to arrive tomorrow at least. Hoping for a really awesome mini!

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 pm

These are the sexiest pops. That Dunharrow King is crazy good and of course the Witch King is sick too. Need need need.
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:39 pm

I agree - the dun harrow king has a ridiculous amount of detail. As far as a common funko pop it may be a contender for one of the most detailed pops today. I would really enjoy a Glow In The Dark Dunharrow King
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:40 pm

I agree - the dun harrow king has a ridiculous amount of detail. As far as a common funko pop it may be a contender for one of the most detailed pops today. I would really enjoy a Glow In The Dark Dunharrow King
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

atreyu2112

Postby atreyu2112 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:46 pm

Dude ... EPIC failure on that Mystery Box, EPIC failure. Its Entranced Galadriel, yes. But the other Pop! is Invisible Gollum and the Mystery Mini is a random B&N exclusive from their case asst. C'mon man, really? How lazy is that? IDK, I'm kind of disappointed by it. I was figuring a new MM ala Smugglers Bounty... a character exclusive to the box. And maybe a glow variant of the Dunharrow King, even Celeborn or Haldir. Missed opportunity to make it really special.

On the other hand, Galadriel will be coming separately so if I don't get the box, no big deal.

On a good note, finished my series 3 set (minus the B&N Galadriel)! Woohoo. Loving this entire series. My favorite set of Pop!s

Marvelous WD

Postby Marvelous WD » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:54 pm

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I love the little extra detail to the Boromir box. When you open it, you get the quote “One does not simply walk into Mordor.” I couldn’t help but laugh.

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:10 pm

atreyu2112 wrote:Dude ... EPIC failure on that Mystery Box, EPIC failure. Its Entranced Galadriel, yes. But the other Pop! is Invisible Gollum and the Mystery Mini is a random B&N exclusive from their case asst. C'mon man, really? How lazy is that? IDK, I'm kind of disappointed by it. I was figuring a new MM ala Smugglers Bounty... a character exclusive to the box. And maybe a glow variant of the Dunharrow King, even Celeborn or Haldir. Missed opportunity to make it really special.

On the other hand, Galadriel will be coming separately so if I don't get the box, no big deal.

On a good note, finished my series 3 set (minus the B&N Galadriel)! Woohoo. Loving this entire series. My favorite set of Pop!s

Its confirmed to be entranced Galadriel and invisible Gollum? Easy pass for me if thats the case.
ImageImageImage Image

Argus

Postby Argus » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:40 am

d00dz wrote:Its confirmed to be entranced Galadriel and invisible Gollum? Easy pass for me if thats the case.

There's an image online which shows those two Pops in the box, but I don't believe I've seen "official" confirmation. My guess is that Galadriel is in every box, and the second is one of the other B&N exclusives - invisible Gollum, invisible Frodo, or King Aragorn.

I'm glad I missed out on this box, especially if Galadriel is coming on her own at some point. Hopefully there are some flippers who bought a bunch and now struggle to move them.

HappinessGuano

Postby HappinessGuano » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:22 am

Is the box the only way to get the Galadriel? Because if not I might as well wait until she's available singly. I already have any of the other B&N exclusives.
Too soon?

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:46 am

hailmary25 wrote:tried calling store to preorder but couldn't do that but they said they have a bunch coming. Just not sure when.

They usually show up in the week after hitting the website. At least most of the other exclusives have done that.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:27 am

JohnnyPOP wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:tried calling store to preorder but couldn't do that but they said they have a bunch coming. Just not sure when.

They usually show up in the week after hitting the website. At least most of the other exclusives have done that.

After seeing whats in the box not sure I will grab. Unless it is the only way to get a certain pop.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:46 am

hailmary25 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

After seeing whats in the box not sure I will grab. Unless it is the only way to get a certain pop.

Yeah, I was super disappointed by the spoiler pic I saw for the box. Makes me regret ordering it.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:55 am

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

Yeah, I was super disappointed by the spoiler pic I saw for the box. Makes me regret ordering it.

Others have said they will try to find it on black friday for $10 less and return their online one. You have the receipt should be good

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:06 pm

atreyu2112 wrote:Dude ... EPIC failure on that Mystery Box, EPIC failure. Its Entranced Galadriel, yes. But the other Pop! is Invisible Gollum and the Mystery Mini is a random B&N exclusive from their case asst. C'mon man, really? How lazy is that? IDK, I'm kind of disappointed by it. I was figuring a new MM ala Smugglers Bounty... a character exclusive to the box. And maybe a glow variant of the Dunharrow King, even Celeborn or Haldir. Missed opportunity to make it really special.

I kind of have to agree here. I wonder if you can get Galadriel outside of the mystery box. I already have invisible Gollum and I don't collect mystery minis...
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:45 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

I'm not sure. I don't work for them anymore otherwise I'd do some digging. You'd think it'd be the only way to get it, but the whole box is starting to feel like a money grab for Black Friday, so we'll see.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:48 pm

JohnnyPOP wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:

I'm not sure. I don't work for them anymore otherwise I'd do some digging. You'd think it'd be the only way to get it, but the whole box is starting to feel like a money grab for Black Friday, so we'll see.

At 21.99 if you didnt have any of the 3 objects its not a bad deal, but at the full price they released it at, they are just cheating customers. Assuming you can get "her" by herself

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:07 pm

I'm (quite selfishly) glad if it's not two exclusive Pops in the box...no B & N in Canada. And even more so if Galadriel is available on her own...will make it easier to get. Though wasn't the mystery box going to have a gitd variant? :-k
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:16 pm

atreyu2112 wrote:Picked up Elrond, Gimli & Boromir today at my local HT. They got Legolas for tomorrow (this new LotR Legolas BLOWS the Hobbit one away). I cannot WAIT for the Witch-king tho.

Gimli might be my favorite Pop from the whole LotR line!!! He is done so perfectly.

Does anyone have the placeholder for the B&N Galadriel? The one I had says item not found now...

I ordered Gimli and can't wait. He looks really good, plus I like his character.

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:32 pm

This line is fantastic, my only issues is that Legolas is so top heavy he absolutely won't stand on his own, and the B&N mystery box disaster. I very well may skip it all together if I can't find for black friday pricing. That's a monumental ripoff if rumors are true, and it's just taking advantage of collectors of this line in my opinion. I know there are rumors it will be sold separately, but that makes no sense to me, as they didn't do that with other box exclusives. Hope I'm wrong, but it only makes sense that they sell the Galadriel alone if the blowback is fierce. Which I hope it is, because the box is more than the three items in it pieced out, if that makes sense.

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:12 pm

wsm10 wrote:This line is fantastic, my only issues is that Legolas is so top heavy he absolutely won't stand on his own, and the B&N mystery box disaster. I very well may skip it all together if I can't find for black friday pricing. That's a monumental ripoff if rumors are true, and it's just taking advantage of collectors of this line in my opinion. I know there are rumors it will be sold separately, but that makes no sense to me, as they didn't do that with other box exclusives. Hope I'm wrong, but it only makes sense that they sell the Galadriel alone if the blowback is fierce. Which I hope it is, because the box is more than the three items in it pieced out, if that makes sense.

Ya, I had that issue with my Legolas and was able to fix it with the hot water trick (feet/legs into very hot water for like 20 seconds, hold feet flat against counter and push the rest of him down and forward until he stands evenly, then into cold water to set the vinyl)...stands great now. :)

Image ImageImage Image

DipperDots

Postby DipperDots » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:47 pm

wsm10 wrote:This line is fantastic, my only issues is that Legolas is so top heavy he absolutely won't stand on his own, and the B&N mystery box disaster. I very well may skip it all together if I can't find for black friday pricing. That's a monumental ripoff if rumors are true, and it's just taking advantage of collectors of this line in my opinion. I know there are rumors it will be sold separately, but that makes no sense to me, as they didn't do that with other box exclusives. Hope I'm wrong, but it only makes sense that they sell the Galadriel alone if the blowback is fierce. Which I hope it is, because the box is more than the three items in it pieced out, if that makes sense.

I agree with you on the box. That was the only mystery box I was looking forward to this Black Friday, but now I'm not holding my breathe for it. If I'm near a B&N, then I'll look for one...maybe.

That Legolas, though. :D
Hoi! Nothing to see here, just another Funatic.

Pop!: 128 Pocket Pop!: 11 PEZ: 5 Plush: 2 Wobblers: 2
ISO: Metallic BMO, Patriotic Snoopy, Bill Cipher (Chase)

Most Recent: POP! PEZ Maleficent!

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:10 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
JohnnyPOP wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

At 21.99 if you didnt have any of the 3 objects its not a bad deal, but at the full price they released it at, they are just cheating customers. Assuming you can get "her" by herself

Yeah. I don't like the price either. BN really just kind of is pushing it lately. I would be surprised if the Pop was available outside of the box, since it hasn't happened before, but I don't think it's fair at all. They're probably banking on everyone getting it on Black Friday and driving sales in SHC but honestly it's not pretty.

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:52 pm

katersatz wrote:

Ya, I had that issue with my Legolas and was able to fix it with the hot water trick (feet/legs into very hot water for like 20 seconds, hold feet flat against counter and push the rest of him down and forward until he stands evenly, then into cold water to set the vinyl)...stands great now. :)

Hey thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot about this! I'm going to try that tonight. This guy for sure is going on the entertainment center, he may be one of my favorite pieces. The detail is phenomenal, as most of the LOTR last few series have been, but he really stands out to me. Appreciate the help and good luck collecting!

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:53 pm

Is Entranced Galadriel really supposed to be released solo? If so, I may return the box. I already have Gollum, and if I want another, I can walk into any B&N in my area and pick one of about 30. I was really hoping for a true exclusive, too.
:dkjoker1:

Lutzo1

Postby Lutzo1 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:55 pm

PopPChulo wrote:I agree - the dun harrow king has a ridiculous amount of detail. As far as a common funko pop it may be a contender for one of the most detailed pops today. I would really enjoy a Glow In The Dark Dunharrow King

Yes!!! This would be so epic

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:02 am

DipperDots wrote:

I agree with you on the box. That was the only mystery box I was looking forward to this Black Friday, but now I'm not holding my breathe for it. If I'm near a B&N, then I'll look for one...maybe.

That Legolas, though. :D

Same with me, if I find myself by a B&N then I'll try and grab one for me and one for anyone who may want one on this forum, but if not oh well. I really, really like that Galadriel, but I'm not going to pay that much effectively for one pop. I really don't understand the thought process behind this decision.

On the other hand, whoever made this Legolas so awesome really needs to get a promotion to head designer. :D

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:12 am

wsm10 wrote:
katersatz wrote:

Hey thanks for the reminder, I completely forgot about this! I'm going to try that tonight. This guy for sure is going on the entertainment center, he may be one of my favorite pieces. The detail is phenomenal, as most of the LOTR last few series have been, but he really stands out to me. Appreciate the help and good luck collecting!

No problem. Hot water... straightens swords, arrows...and postures! :cheers:

My favourite line for sure (along with MOTU). Just need the Galadriel(s), Witch King and Dunharrow King. =D>

Image ImageImage Image

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:14 am

These new sculpts are amazing - the Dunharrow King is really epic in person!

Glad to see some of most wanted in this line (Galadriel And Witch King), But I’m with everyone else, a little frustrated that the other pop in the mystery box is recycled. I mean I’ll still buy it but, bummed, was hoping to get lots of new stuff.

DipperDots

Postby DipperDots » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:03 pm

cheekylyssa wrote:These new sculpts are amazing - the Dunharrow King is really epic in person!

Glad to see some of most wanted in this line (Galadriel And Witch King), But I’m with everyone else, a little frustrated that the other pop in the mystery box is recycled. I mean I’ll still buy it but, bummed, was hoping to get lots of new stuff.

...now I need this pop. It's gorgeous. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Hoi! Nothing to see here, just another Funatic.

Pop!: 128 Pocket Pop!: 11 PEZ: 5 Plush: 2 Wobblers: 2
ISO: Metallic BMO, Patriotic Snoopy, Bill Cipher (Chase)

Most Recent: POP! PEZ Maleficent!

tigsabud1

Postby tigsabud1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:51 pm

Finally collected the entire Fellowship. Feels so great to have everyone together. Only waiting on the Witch King and Dunharrow King to arrive from HT and I'll have the whole newest wave. I gotta say, in terms of detail, this may be one of the best looking waves Funko has ever done!
:dkjoker1:

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:36 am

That is awesome! But...you opened a box! :eek: Haha, I do have the holiday Chewbacca on my desk at work and 10inch Dobby free in my house:)
Marvelous WD wrote:Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I love the little extra detail to the Boromir box. When you open it, you get the quote “One does not simply walk into Mordor.” I couldn’t help but laugh.
:SW9:
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:39 am

Agreed! I have the entire set already and the details on them are incredible!
cheekylyssa wrote:These new sculpts are amazing - the Dunharrow King is really epic in person!

:SW9:
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:35 am

OK. I finally have it in hand and I cannot believe the Dunharrow King isn't an exclusive. I mean I'm sure a GITD con-exclusive has to be on the way but... just amazing. Well done Funko. So great. =D>

Image ImageImage Image

djknightrida

Postby djknightrida » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:25 am

I bought and opened my BN mystery box. Galadriel is priced on the bottom as Barnes usually does. $14.95. Leads me to believe it will be sold outside the box.

Also HT cancelled my Boromir and now it’s sold out. :-({|=

nyc_collector315

Postby nyc_collector315 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:52 am

I was able to get this whole new wave already and they are amazing. Hoping they keep goin with LOTR Pops. We still need Gandalf the White, Grima Wormtongue, Eowyn, Eomer, King Theoden, Faramir, and Uruk Hai. Also would love the rest of the Hobbit dwarves.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:01 pm

Lutzo1 wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:I agree - the dun harrow king has a ridiculous amount of detail. As far as a common funko pop it may be a contender for one of the most detailed pops today. I would really enjoy a Glow In The Dark Dunharrow King

Yes!!! This would be so epic

Maybe we will be lucky enough to see one of these for SDCC
PopPChulo

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:06 pm

My GITD ringwraith got cancelled from Hot Topic, then they restocked it online the next day. These POP!'s are amazing though so I will find a way to get my hands on one. I did get Elrond and Gimli from the same order though and I think they still applied my Hot Cash!
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:07 pm

I have not bought any of the exclusives that are being recycled in the LOTR boxes at B&N so I will still end up buying one. But I can see where many who already bought both of those POP!'s would be disappointed. Maybe another common from the new wave would have gotten people more excited. That said it sold out online pretty fast, unless they do a restock on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”