New Lord of the Rings Pops

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
markenty13

Re: New Lord of the Rings Pops

Postby markenty13 » Fri May 12, 2017 2:06 pm

Best image to order in store -

ImageImage ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri May 12, 2017 2:09 pm

kyten wrote:
synergy56 wrote:
kyten wrote:
Whoa I didn't notice that! That's a cool detail!

I never noticed that either! In the Pop or the movie - now I have to check for that next time I watch it!

Haha, I need to go back and watch the movie now, too. How did I never notice that before?!

Wow. Add me to the list of people who never noticed this! I didn't notice it on the glam either. Crazy! I carry a hiking stick when I go hiking, now I want one with a pipe in it. And I don't even smoke lol

Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri May 12, 2017 4:16 pm

That's awesome about the pipe stick. I remember that being in his staff, but I totally missed it in the glam. Nice little detail!

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:19 pm

treswright wrote:
kyten wrote:
synergy56 wrote:I never noticed that either! In the Pop or the movie - now I have to check for that next time I watch it!

Haha, I need to go back and watch the movie now, too. How did I never notice that before?!

Wow. Add me to the list of people who never noticed this! I didn't notice it on the glam either. Crazy! I carry a hiking stick when I go hiking, now I want one with a pipe in it. And I don't even smoke lol
Spoiler: show

I can't believe that I have never noticed that. I have seen those movies so many times. What else have I totally missed?!
Hi, I'm Merri!

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:13 pm

If I remember correctly, Gandalf loses that staff during the fight with Saruman at Orthanc. He has a new one thereafter (from around the time of the Rivendell council). So in fact, the glam shot (which I assume is during the battle of Moria/Balrog fight) has the wrong staff. It should be the newer staff with a wider top.

Edit: I've just found this image that backs up what I thought (Man, I'm a geek!) lol

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Rara25 wrote:If I remember correctly, Gandalf loses that staff during the fight with Saruman at Orthanc. He has a new one thereafter (from around the time of the Rivendell council). So in fact, the glam shot (which I assume is during the battle of Moria/Balrog fight) has the wrong staff. It should be the newer staff with a wider top.

Edit: I've just found this image that backs up what I thought (Man, I'm a geek!) lol

:eek: Woah. I now don't know if I should be bothered that it's the wrong staff, or still think it's cool that his pipe is in his staff. I'm so conflicted. I'm leaning toward still thinking it's pretty awesome :cheers:
Hi, I'm Merri!

brown

Postby brown » Fri May 12, 2017 5:29 pm

markenty13 wrote:You can now order invisible frodo in store, just give them the Product code in the image -

Thanks for this, going to order later today. My B&N is usually hit or miss on exclusives so glad I'll be able to order it

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:33 pm

synergy56 wrote:
Rara25 wrote:If I remember correctly, Gandalf loses that staff during the fight with Saruman at Orthanc. He has a new one thereafter (from around the time of the Rivendell council). So in fact, the glam shot (which I assume is during the battle of Moria/Balrog fight) has the wrong staff. It should be the newer staff with a wider top.

:eek: Woah. I now don't know if I should be bothered that it's the wrong staff, or still think it's cool that his pipe is in his staff. I'm so conflicted. I'm leaning toward still thinking it's pretty awesome :cheers:

It bothers me a little as well but not too much. I wouldn't let that deter you from buying him. I wanted a new Gandalf wearing his hat but this is close enough. He is still pretty awesome looking with much more detail than the Hobbit one. Though if they corrected the staff issue, that would be a bonus lol

imdustin6

Postby imdustin6 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:49 pm

Looking at what's released all from Fellowship, so hoping next wave is Two towers (get a 9" Ent would be sweet) followed by return of king....so many characters....better yet don't..my wallet will thank you.
2018 JV Fundays custom winner
IG: Dustybutt_designs

imdustin6

Postby imdustin6 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Rara25 wrote:
synergy56 wrote:

It bothers me a little as well but not too much. I wouldn't let that deter you from buying him. I wanted a new Gandalf wearing his hat but this is close enough. He is still pretty awesome looking with much more detail than the Hobbit one. Though if they corrected the staff issue, that would be a bonus lol

But what if its the figure from his fight with Saruman and not the Balrog? Then it would be correct
2018 JV Fundays custom winner
IG: Dustybutt_designs

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:54 pm

imdustin6 wrote:Looking at what's released all from Fellowship, so hoping next wave is Two towers (get a 9" Ent would be sweet) followed by return of king....so many characters....better yet don't..my wallet will thank you.

...I would say the Samwise Gamgee and Frodo Chase Pops are from 'The Return of the King' as they are both holding the Phial of Galadriel.

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:59 pm

imdustin6 wrote:
Rara25 wrote:
synergy56 wrote: :eek: Woah. I now don't know if I should be bothered that it's the wrong staff, or still think it's cool that his pipe is in his staff. I'm so conflicted. I'm leaning toward still thinking it's pretty awesome :cheers:

But what if its the figure from his fight with Saruman and not the Balrog? Then it would be correct

You know what, I never actually thought of that lol You could be right. I just assume its the Balrog battle due to amount of the dirt he has on his face. Plus his sword is drawn.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:03 pm

you guys need to stop blowing my mind in this thread. My poor brain can't take it :smt107 :smt119 :bom:
Hi, I'm Merri!

atreyu2112

Postby atreyu2112 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:13 pm

So, when will Hot Topic have/post the Twilight Ringwraith for sale? Any updates / placeholder?

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri May 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Went to B&N and tried to order bilbo in store, but they said there were none in their warehouse. :( Oh well, I'll try again next week.

While there, I did find a nice surprise, which I'll post later today in the pop hop thread.

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Fri May 12, 2017 8:55 pm

lol glad I stirred up such a great conversation! Thanks for the knowledge. I loved the books as a kid and have watched the movies more than several times...and still don't think I've ever noticed the pipe in the staff before, until I was admiring the glam.

So, based on the staff info we should expect at least 6 Gandalf variants, one or 2 with GITD crystal/stones in the staff...right?

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:21 pm

The Head wrote:Went to B&N and tried to order bilbo in store, but they said there were none in their warehouse. :( Oh well, I'll try again next week.

While there, I did find a nice surprise, which I'll post later today in the pop hop thread.

Did you ask for Bilbo or Frodo?

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri May 12, 2017 10:57 pm

HaloHawk87 wrote:
The Head wrote:Went to B&N and tried to order bilbo in store, but they said there were none in their warehouse. :( Oh well, I'll try again next week.

Did you ask for Bilbo or Frodo?

Sorry, frodo. lol I showed the pic with the number actually.

Moepops

Postby Moepops » Fri May 12, 2017 11:02 pm

I can't wait to see the balrog
Hi name is moe. Always willing to help a fellow collector. I'm funko_moepops on IG. :colors:
Funko funklub no.11782
Image Image

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Sat May 13, 2017 12:13 am

atreyu2112 wrote:So, when will Hot Topic have/post the Twilight Ringwraith for sale? Any updates / placeholder?

Can't wait for this.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Sat May 13, 2017 4:14 am

I didn't even know they changed the staffs till the last one lol I need to watch them all over again
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

PopNoggles

Postby PopNoggles » Sat May 13, 2017 4:28 am

... going to lose so much money to this line.. lol

can't wait! Love what I'm seeing so far and damn.. the possibilities are endless.. so many wants!
ImageImage

jahickory

Postby jahickory » Sat May 13, 2017 7:26 am

When are these coming out?
Pops wanted;
Dr. Gregory House, Mr. Feeny, Blade (Wesley Snipes please).

fuzzba11

Postby fuzzba11 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:20 pm

May 26th is release date.

I ordered mine in-store yesterday, today at 8AM B&N sent me an email saying my preorder was cancelled, so I called my store and they said they would place the order again. Fingers crossed :-/

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Sat May 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Moepops wrote:I can't wait to see the balrog

This is what I'm most excited for from this line. The detail is awesome!
Zach or Fisch

Moepops

Postby Moepops » Sat May 13, 2017 11:49 pm

fischmioli wrote:

The falmes on his body and whip are going to be sick!
Hi name is moe. Always willing to help a fellow collector. I'm funko_moepops on IG. :colors:
Funko funklub no.11782
Image Image

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Sun May 14, 2017 12:20 am

Moepops wrote:
fischmioli wrote:

The falmes on his body and whip are going to be sick!

They did a really good job on that pop! Very cool looking!
Zach or Fisch

Psoup122

Postby Psoup122 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Are these out today? Last I heard GameStop said 5/15

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Thu May 18, 2017 6:00 pm

imdustin6 wrote:
Rara25 wrote:
synergy56 wrote: :eek: Woah. I now don't know if I should be bothered that it's the wrong staff, or still think it's cool that his pipe is in his staff. I'm so conflicted. I'm leaning toward still thinking it's pretty awesome :cheers:

Gandalf doesn't have a sword when Saruman is throwing him about. The pose is clearly supposed to be from the Balrog scene. Dirty, hair in the face just missing the fact that the staff end is GLOWING during the battle. He did use the staff for light in the Mines of Moria, not smoking a pipe.

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 pm

others in another online discussion said the Frodo Chase cancellation thing was inaccurate, or fake news. Anyone hear anything about this recently?

Luciendar

Postby Luciendar » Mon May 22, 2017 11:11 pm

ryanc_ wrote:others in another online discussion said the Frodo Chase cancellation thing was inaccurate, or fake news. Anyone hear anything about this recently?

It's actually on page 2 of this thread. It was a message from Toywars about the chase not being cancelled.
-Luciendar

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Tue May 23, 2017 1:40 am

Luciendar wrote:
ryanc_ wrote:others in another online discussion said the Frodo Chase cancellation thing was inaccurate, or fake news. Anyone hear anything about this recently?

It's actually on page 2 of this thread. It was a message from Toywars about the chase not being cancelled.

Oh nice, thank you, I didn't see that. Looking forward to receiving my preorder now.

markenty13

Postby markenty13 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:22 pm

Started to hit So Cal Stores today

ImageImage ImageImage

odnar

Postby odnar » Tue May 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Thanks for the heads up!

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue May 23, 2017 2:38 pm

markenty13 wrote:Started to hit So Cal Stores today

Ohhhhhh man that looks amazing!!!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

markenty13

Postby markenty13 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:27 pm

And....... The Glow :)
ImageImage ImageImage

markenty13

Postby markenty13 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:30 pm

treswright wrote:
markenty13 wrote:Started to hit So Cal Stores today

Ohhhhhh man that looks amazing!!!

Check out the glow above!!! :freddy2:
ImageImage ImageImage

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Tue May 23, 2017 6:04 pm

sweet!
Last edited by Megacam on Tue May 23, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Tue May 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Some Norcal stores are getting the GITD ringwraith today too.
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

jaybros82

Postby jaybros82 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Wow that looks fantastic

Return to “Pop!”