More MOTU?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
parrity

Re: More MOTU?

Postby parrity » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:31 pm

d3postman wrote:I think they were rumors but they came from very reliable sources online, from what I gathered...

parrity wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:Sad that this line is gone. I hope it comes back. Hopefully things can get worked out.

Was it fully confirmed or still just rumors?

Darn, yeah I had seen the rumors. At this point I just want a statement so that I can be fully disappointed or not. ](*,)

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:06 pm

parrity wrote:
d3postman wrote:I think they were rumors but they came from very reliable sources online, from what I gathered...

parrity wrote:Was it fully confirmed or still just rumors?

Darn, yeah I had seen the rumors. At this point I just want a statement so that I can be fully disappointed or not. ](*,)

Doubt a statement is forthcoming. The only confirmation we will probably get is the total dearth of new MOTU releases.
ImageImageImage Image

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:59 am

I was reading on he-man.org about how Super7 might lose the licence to produce some of their MOTU figures because of the new Masters of the Universe movie that is supposed to be coming...Mattel might be pulling a lot of it in advance of the film in order to launch a whole line for that release.

I wonder if this is connected? :-k

I still think the Savage World / Primal Age reason is silly... but who knows. #rumour #speculation
"Everyone's a fan of...too many things."

Image ImageImage Image

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:05 am

katersatz wrote:I was reading on he-man.org about how Super7 might lose the licence to produce some of their MOTU figures because of the new Masters of the Universe movie that is supposed to be coming...Mattel might be pulling a lot of it in advance of the film in order to launch a whole line for that release.

I still think the Savage World / Primal Age reason is silly... but who knows. #rumour #speculation

And I also believe The Loyal subjects team mentioned something similar about their MOTU license as well.

millone

Postby millone » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:23 am

katersatz wrote:I was reading on he-man.org about how Super7 might lose the licence to produce some of their MOTU figures because of the new Masters of the Universe movie that is supposed to be coming...Mattel might be pulling a lot of it in advance of the film in order to launch a whole line for that release.

This seems logical. I am going to be really sad though if this is the case and there are no more pops

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:25 am

millone wrote:

This seems logical. I am going to be really sad though if this is the case and there are no more pops

I agree, this makes Morse sense (versus the rumor that the license was lost over a design). I could see Mattel wanting exclusivity with a new movie potentially coming out.
Funatic of all things Funko!!

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:05 am

ghostrye wrote:

And I also believe The Loyal subjects team mentioned something similar about their MOTU license as well.

That's also interesting...mmm hmmmm... :-k :-k :-k
(Love the MOTU Loyal Subjects.)

Image ImageImage Image

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:08 am

2017fanatic wrote:
millone wrote:

I agree, this makes Morse sense (versus the rumor that the license was lost over a design). I could see Mattel wanting exclusivity with a new movie potentially coming out.

Right? And it's better I think...it means maybe there could be Pops for the movie (though...come on, there can only be ONE great Masters of the Universe film! ;-) ) and maybe after that, Funko will be able to release more classic stuff. Maybe... [-o<

Image ImageImage Image

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:34 pm

katersatz wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

That's also interesting...mmm hmmmm... :-k :-k :-k
(Love the MOTU Loyal Subjects.)

I love them too.

The part that seems a little weird to me is that they are sooooooooooo far away from any movie based product, I just don’t know what the harm is in letting Funko.Super 7 and The Loyal Subjects produce product all through 2029 and 2020.

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Doubtful I think they lost the liscense.
Fundays 16’, 17’, 18’, 19’, 22’, FDO8 Chicago, FunkyHundo, Hollywood Grand Opening, Fright Night 22, MaskOWeen 22’, AquaSox Opening night, SDCC 9 years running, NYCC 6 years running and so much more. Largest Pokemon Prototype collector.

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:42 pm

parrity wrote:

fully disappointed or not lol
=pseudo disappointment...a feeling we know all too well chasing down Pops!
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

millone

Postby millone » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:22 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
millone wrote:

I hadnt heard the rumor about losing the license over design. Agree that doesnt make a ton of sense. I hope all of this is just rumor

millone

Postby millone » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:23 pm

katersatz wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
millone wrote:This seems logical. I am going to be really sad though if this is the case and there are no more pops

Right? And it's better I think...it means maybe there could be Pops for the movie (though...come on, there can only be ONE great Masters of the Universe film! ;-) ) and maybe after that, Funko will be able to release more classic stuff. Maybe... [-o<

I cringe (no pun intended) at the thought of what this motu movie is going to be like. Ipicture parallels to mortal kombat

JsinLegacy

Postby JsinLegacy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:53 pm

I wish that site would upgrade their forums. It looks so outdated and feels so clunky and cluttered.

Sorry just had to gripe about that. haha :D

Top ISO
1. Apollo Freddy 2. 18" Retro Freddy Skeletor 3. Retro Freddy Skeletor

Instagram : JsinLegacy

Team BACON

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:15 pm

millone wrote:
katersatz wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:

I cringe (no pun intended) at the thought of what this motu movie is going to be like. Ipicture parallels to mortal kombat

It will be interesting! There's potential for an epic saga but I'm wondering how they translate the absurd charm of MOTU that I really enjoy, without seeming too silly or over-serious. I'm...skeptical...

Image ImageImage Image

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:17 pm

JsinLegacy wrote:

I wish that site would upgrade their forums. It looks so outdated and feels so clunky and cluttered.

Sorry just had to gripe about that. haha :D

Well, MOTU is a property steeped in nostalgia...and that forum really does take me back in time... :-k ;-)

Image ImageImage Image

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:06 pm

parrity wrote:

Yeah I hear ya. Just disappoint us now and tell us we won't have anymore ever again lol or tell us there is a possibility of things working out.

Charger14
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Charger14 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 pm

I'm hoping this is not the end of the line with these. These bring back a lot of childhood memories.

dustindibari

Postby dustindibari » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:43 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
tgltuz wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:That's interesting and kinda makes sense. I'm hoping it's just a rumor, but more and more folks are saying it's true. I just wish we had some kind of confirmation one way or another :(

I wish the same, I was excited to see him, but was like hmmm about that rumor. I really hope it is just that and like you just want to know!

This rumor reminds me a bit about the Pennywise chase situation a while back. Eventually everything got sorted out :)

I definitely got caught up in the Pennywise fiasco and ended up paying much more than I care to admit. The hysteria surrounding these pops can definitely create a sense of pandemonium.

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:55 pm

katersatz wrote:
millone wrote:
katersatz wrote:

It will be interesting! There's potential for an epic saga but I'm wondering how they translate the absurd charm of MOTU that I really enjoy, without seeming too silly or over-serious. I'm...skeptical...

I think with the right director it could be great. Hopefully they fully embrace the plethora of characters and stay as true to designs as possible without falling into slapstick. I’d let the Game of Thrones team at it immediately.

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:46 am

FunkoNerd wrote:I'm curious when we will see more MOTU? I'm hoping to see new molds of He-Man and Skeletor as well as new Heroic and Evil Warriors! The possibilities are endless!

I’m pretty sure they lost their license so they aren’t gonna be making anything anymore
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
FUNDAYS 2022!
FDO!
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:26 am

dustindibari wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:
tgltuz wrote:

I wish the same, I was excited to see him, but was like hmmm about that rumor. I really hope it is just that and like you just want to know!

This rumor reminds me a bit about the Pennywise chase situation a while back. Eventually everything got sorted out :)

I definitely got caught up in the Pennywise fiasco and ended up paying much more than I care to admit. The hysteria surrounding these pops can definitely create a sense of pandemonium.

It is pretty difficult to predict these things though.
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
dustindibari wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:

It is pretty difficult to predict these things though.

The problem is that I may kind of like a Pop when I see it, and decide to pass on it. Then when the news comes out that it's vaulted I decide then and there that I've gotta have it
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

millone

Postby millone » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 pm

katersatz wrote:
millone wrote:
katersatz wrote:

I am skeptical too. But i hope they do the repeated exact same roll scene over and over like in the cartoon!

millone

Postby millone » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:10 pm

ghostrye wrote:
katersatz wrote:
millone wrote:I cringe (no pun intended) at the thought of what this motu movie is going to be like. Ipicture parallels to mortal kombat

I think with the right director it could be great. Hopefully they fully embrace the plethora of characters and stay as true to designs as possible without falling into slapstick. I’d let the Game of Thrones team at it immediately.

I hope they dont get too serious though either. Honestly think thats the worst part of the dc movies

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:36 pm

millone wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
katersatz wrote:

I hope they dont get too serious though either. Honestly think thats the worst part of the dc movies

Ya, I can't quite put it into the right words or visualize exactly what a successful MOTU movie would be like.

Obviously good acting, writing, directing...but it definitely needs a sense of humour. Make it epic, make it serious (make it matter) but don't forget where it came from... :-k

Edit: Oh. Like Thor in the MCU maybe? Plenty of humour, great action, elements of sci-fi and mythology...fantastic worlds and characters...mmm hmmm

Image ImageImage Image

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:37 pm

katersatz wrote:
millone wrote:
ghostrye wrote:

Ya, I can't quite put it into the right words or visualize exactly what a successful MOTU movie would be like.

Obviously good acting, writing, directing...but it definitely needs a sense of humour. Make it epic, make it serious (make it matter) but don't forget where it came from... :-k

Edit: Oh. Like Thor in the MCU maybe? Plenty of humour, great action, elements of sci-fi and mythology...fantastic worlds and characters...mmm hmmm

I just don’t want slapstick bumbling skeletor. I want a serious villain and adversary. But Ragnarok would be a close comparison to the style that could be fun.

katersatz

Postby katersatz » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:58 pm

ghostrye wrote: I just don’t want slapstick bumbling skeletor. I want a serious villain and adversary. But Ragnarok would be a close comparison to the style that could be fun.

For sure, no bumbling...some inside jokes / nods at the cartoon but in a way that doesn't take away from the story. Make Skeletor matter...make him actually scary and more complex, interesting.

And I loved Ragnorak so much...something a long that line might do it (for me).

And then... GIVE US MORE POPS =D>

Image ImageImage Image

millone

Postby millone » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:38 pm

ghostrye wrote:
katersatz wrote:
millone wrote:I hope they dont get too serious though either. Honestly think thats the worst part of the dc movies

I just don’t want slapstick bumbling skeletor. I want a serious villain and adversary. But Ragnarok would be a close comparison to the style that could be fun.

Agree thats a nice comparison. But more pops for the movie would also be great...

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:49 pm

Probably not since they license isn’t there anymore
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
SDCC 19'
ECCC Virtual Con 20'
FUNDAYS 2022!
FDO!
Show me that funko love and follow my twitch please? https://m.twitch.tv/d4nnym4n

ghostrye

Postby ghostrye » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:27 am

millone wrote:
ghostrye wrote:
katersatz wrote:

Agree thats a nice comparison. But more pops for the movie would also be great...

Unless they look nothing like the characters we are familiar with. Ala EVERY character featured in the original movie.

Geolix450

Postby Geolix450 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:20 am

Really hoping MOTU isn't cancelled. I started collecting this series in July last year after accidentally getting a Mer-Man chase in a bundle buy. I caved and collected a few I really liked. Still think there's a lot more to be had from this line. Here's my collection:
Follow my Instagram @Dr_Anrak

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:45 am

Geolix450 wrote:Really hoping MOTU isn't cancelled. I started collecting this series in July last year after accidentally getting a Mer-Man chase in a bundle buy. I caved and collected a few I really liked. Still think there's a lot more to be had from this line. Here's my collection:

Awesome looking collection!
ImageImageImage Image

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:33 am

Geolix450 wrote:Really hoping MOTU isn't cancelled. I started collecting this series in July last year after accidentally getting a Mer-Man chase in a bundle buy. I caved and collected a few I really liked. Still think there's a lot more to be had from this line. Here's my collection:

nice display. i always thought there should have been a man-at-arms chase with no mustache like there was in the original line.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

d3postman

Postby d3postman » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:36 am

ocwankenobi wrote:

nice display. i always thought there should have been a man-at-arms chase with no mustache like there was in the original line.

That is an amazing display! Well done!

Funko Fundays: 2015, 2019, 2021

SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022

FDO: FDO8

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:41 am

Hoping for more from this line myself! Your collection looks great all together and OOB! =D>

TheResidentEvil

Postby TheResidentEvil » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:45 am

Nice looking MOTU!
I collect all things Game of Thrones and many other POP lines.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:48 am

d00dz wrote:

Awesome looking collection!

Just missing the flocked beastman...
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:40 pm

Damn bro!! So Jelly right now.. I got everything else but I wish I had those OG He-Man and Skeletor! They look so good OOB, but I cant get myself to do it. lol

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:25 pm

this looks awesome!! so happy for you and all that were able to complete the existing line. They look so good OOB! a lot of them are so hard to find now
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Return to “Pop!”