More MOTU?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Rantt

Re: More MOTU?

Postby Rantt » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:42 pm

I'm so happy Stinkor is coming but I really wonder how he smells like!!!!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:47 am

Anyone know what if Toy Tokyo is doing their bundles again? Need that ram man!
:freddy1:

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Rantt wrote:I'm so happy Stinkor is coming but I really wonder how he smells like!!!!

Maybe you won't be able to bring it onto the plane, just like our beloved Durians :)
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

X9Ravage

Postby X9Ravage » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Can't wait t add these guys to my collection!

X9Ravage

Postby X9Ravage » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:30 pm

No Stinkors at my local FYE!!!! I guess I will have to pay scalper prices on ebay.......... :devil: :cherry:

BattleExile

Postby BattleExile » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:25 pm

FunkoNerd wrote:Anyone know what if Toy Tokyo is doing their bundles again? Need that ram man!

If you miss out at Toy Tokyo you could always try here https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store ... alogSearch

They ship internationally.

Classier

Postby Classier » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:27 pm

BattleExile wrote:
FunkoNerd wrote:Anyone know what if Toy Tokyo is doing their bundles again? Need that ram man!

If you miss out at Toy Tokyo you could always try here https://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/store ... alogSearch

They sold out the other day and haven’t restocked since. :(

BattleExile

Postby BattleExile » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Classier wrote:
BattleExile wrote:

Ah, didnt actually click on the pre order button - comes up with out of stock when you do that but no notification on the page before that. Its a shame as my local store had a couple available today but ive avoided going down the slippery slope of starting on Masters of the Universe even though they look great.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:54 pm

BattleExile wrote:
Ah, didnt actually click on the pre order button - comes up with out of stock when you do that but no notification on the page before that. Its a shame as my local store had a couple available today but ive avoided going down the slippery slope of starting on Masters of the Universe even though they look great.

well if your store still has any next time you're in the area i'm sure you could find some people to give them good homes around here :D

FunkoNerd

Postby FunkoNerd » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:51 pm

BattleExile wrote:
Classier wrote:
BattleExile wrote:

So hard now. Way too many to start!
:freddy1:

brant

Postby brant » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:26 pm

Here's Toy Tokyo's post from today:

"San Diego Comic Con 2018 is now officially over and what a wild ride it was! As always the action at the Con was crazy, exciting, and exhausting but also tons of fun!

We have received an overwhelming amount of feedback and interest regarding Toy Tokyo's Funko Pop! Exclusives for SDCC 2018. We are so thankful for everyone's support of what we do. Toy Tokyo is thrilled to announce that we will have an online release of our SDCC 2018 Funko Pop! exclusives for anyone who couldn't make it to the Con! This upcoming release will be online only (TOYTOKYO.COM) and will offer the following options to the general public:

Funko Pop! Toy Tokyo SDCC 2018 Exclusive - $20.00: -Funko Pop! Animation: Dragon Ball Z - Super Saiyan Vegeta Gold Chrome Toy Tokyo SDCC 2018 Exclusive (1 per customer, per household)

Funko Pop! Toy Tokyo SDCC 2018 Exclusive Bundle - $90.00: (Limit 1 bundle per customer, per household) Includes: -Funko Pop! Animation: Dragon Ball Z - Super Saiyan Vegeta Gold Chrome Toy Tokyo SDCC 2018 Exclusive
-Funko Pop! Television: Masters of the Universe - Ram Man Toy Tokyo SDCC 2018 Exclusive
-Funko Pop! Animation: Heavy Metal - Taarna (Bloody) Toy Tokyo SDCC 2018 Exclusive
-Funko Pop! Television: Green Hornet - Green Hornet & Kato 2 Pack Toy Tokyo SDCC 2018 Exclusive

The sale will take place on ToyTokyo.com on an upcoming date.
Please note: Toy Tokyo will review all sales for activity that is suspicious and takes exclusives out of the hands of other collectors. If a sale is obviously linked to a known re-seller, if multiple purchases are made by the same person with numerous accounts, if a purchase is in any way linked to bot activity, or any other activity that undermines another fan's ability to get our exclusives during the release, Toy Tokyo reserves the right to cancel those orders.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support! - Toy Tokyo"

Classier

Postby Classier » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:32 am

I’ll be keeping my eye out for that bundle. I’d rather pay $90 for Ram Man and some others than $100 for just Ram Man.

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:24 am

Toy Tokyo is the worst.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:02 am

I'll be trying for the bundle because I want a Ram Man and wouldn't be mad about the others hah. We'll see how it goes!
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

BattleExile

Postby BattleExile » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Its interesting that for once England has an easier time getting an exclusive than America does - Ram Man is readily available at GAME here in England even if they have slapped and £20 charge on it, its still easier to get than trying to get it from Toy Tokyo and you dont have to buy a bundle to get it.

Mnkydoodle

Postby Mnkydoodle » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:12 pm

does anyone have experience with the toy tokyo bundle? is it as hard as trying to get into funko at sdcc? need that ram man here too

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:42 pm

crap like this is why nobody likes Toy Tokyo, they know damn well people want Ram Man so they're forcing people to buy everything to get him.

DarthScooby

Postby DarthScooby » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:21 pm

So the date when Toy Tokyo is doing this hasn't been revealed yet? Because I would definitely go for a bundle. I mainly want Ram Man, but I may keep 1 or so of the others, and have friends who would take the rest.

No matter what, thanks for posting the info brant! I have been trying to find out what Toy Tokyo was up to and if they'd be offering stuff after the con.

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Thanks for the Toy Tokyo heads up, Brant - really helps us MOTU-ers trying to complete our set.
(How did you get that email?)
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

brant

Postby brant » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:31 pm

methodsmadness wrote:Thanks for the Toy Tokyo heads up, Brant - really helps us MOTU-ers trying to complete our set.

They posted this on Instagram.

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:57 pm

brant wrote:
methodsmadness wrote:Thanks for the Toy Tokyo heads up, Brant - really helps us MOTU-ers trying to complete our set.

They posted this on Instagram.

Ah, thanks bud!

nyc_collector315

Postby nyc_collector315 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:10 pm

Need more MOTU characters. Keep them coming. I need Tri-Klops, Clawful, Man-E-Faces, Buzz Off, and many more, lol. Would like some more Thundercats as well.

masha44

Postby masha44 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:28 pm

How does everyone value/see the ram man in the different stickers? I have the ram man summer exclusive stickered version, but theres something about the toy Tokyo sticker. Is anyone else trying to get both?

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:40 pm

masha44 wrote:How does everyone value/see the ram man in the different stickers? I have the ram man summer exclusive stickered version, but theres something about the toy Tokyo sticker. Is anyone else trying to get both?

depends on what type of collector you are.. there is value on the toy tokyo one as it is more difficult to acquire
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:40 pm

masha44 wrote:How does everyone value/see the ram man in the different stickers? I have the ram man summer exclusive stickered version, but theres something about the toy Tokyo sticker. Is anyone else trying to get both?

depends on what type of collector you are.. there is value on the toy tokyo one as it is more difficult to acquire
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:03 pm

can't seem to delete my duplicate post :(
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

brant

Postby brant » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:58 am

Yeah, I got both on their way. Pretty much a waste of money, but I've done it with all the MOTU, so why stop now at this point? Plus I've never had a Toy Tokyo sticker.

BattleExile

Postby BattleExile » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:29 pm

I just had a thought of what they could have done with Ram Man - make his legs on springs so you get the effect of him actually jumping like in the cartoon (or the original action figure). That would have been awesome.

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:04 pm

Wow - that Toy Tokyo drop came in the middle of the night and I missed my chance on Rammy. Off to the trade boards for me...

ugagerman

Postby ugagerman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:24 pm

Funko gods, please let me acquire a Ram Man.

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:36 pm

Rantt wrote:I'm so happy Stinkor is coming but I really wonder how he smells like!!!!

Mine arrived the other day and it was a very interesting smell! lol
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:19 am

RogueViolet wrote:

I opened it... Smells like plastic... Lol

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:33 am

Rantt wrote:
RogueViolet wrote:

he's got a slight smell if you get like all up in there, but I was a bit disappointed. was kind of hoping he'd have such a stench they'd have to wrap him in cellophane to protect the stores lol

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:40 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Rantt wrote:
RogueViolet wrote:

he's got a slight smell if you get like all up in there, but I was a bit disappointed. was kind of hoping he'd have such a stench they'd have to wrap him in cellophane to protect the stores lol

Agreed...but TBH I’m still okie with tat....not like as I will smell it every now and then....sound n looks weird if i do it every time lol

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:25 am

Rantt wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
Rantt wrote: I opened it... Smells like plastic... Lol

Agreed...but TBH I’m still okie with tat....not like as I will smell it every now and then....sound n looks weird if i do it every time lol

Smell like the Hikaris? Missed out on stinkor and bought Skeeter Valentine by mistake :(

ImageImageImageImage

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:22 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Rantt wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Smell like the Hikaris? Missed out on stinkor and bought Skeeter Valentine by mistake :(

Lol i can feel how u feel bro! The moment when all is launch at the same time n u r too nervous and just click n click whatever u can click! same here and I missed some items too.

terscotland

Postby terscotland » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:30 am

Hoping for more of these in the future. Sounds like Ram Man was easier to get in the UK than the US which was fortunate for me. I still had to travel to a Game store an hour away to get it. Stinkor not on sale here yet.

Basing it on the Pint Size Heroes and their similarities to Pops you pretty much guarantee we will see Sorceress, Teela, Panthor and Battle Cat Pops in the future.

Will also be interesting to see what they do with Man-E-Faces. Could be 3 to collect if they stick to the classic toy line.

I'd also like to see a Cringer (The Vynl one looks great) and a Prince Adam. Whiplash could be a good one as well.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:01 am

Rantt wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Rantt wrote:

Lol i can feel how u feel bro! The moment when all is launch at the same time n u r too nervous and just click n click whatever u can click! same here and I missed some items too.

What else do you need? You can Pm me to see if I have? Got confusing when we combined orders here and there lol "Buy first, think later"

ImageImageImageImage

RogueViolet

Postby RogueViolet » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:12 pm

Rantt wrote:
RogueViolet wrote:

When he first arrived, he smelled VERY strongly of... something. When I was a kid, I had a Secret of Nimh scratch and sniff book. The smell was exactly the same as something from that book. The smell definitely faded quite a bit. Now it is just a faint smell but took me back to my childhood. LOL
May your troubles be less, your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:52 pm

RogueViolet wrote:
Rantt wrote:
RogueViolet wrote:

When he first arrived, he smelled VERY strongly of... something. When I was a kid, I had a Secret of Nimh scratch and sniff book. The smell was exactly the same as something from that book. The smell definitely faded quite a bit. Now it is just a faint smell but took me back to my childhood. LOL

I'm not sensitive to smell so when I got it outside FYE and open it up tried smelling... My friend gave me a nasty look saying : r u OK dude? U look like glue sniffing lol

Return to “Pop!”