My Hero Academia Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
91shawny

Re: My Hero Academia Pops!

Postby 91shawny » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:40 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:
Code Violet wrote:ughhh I'm dying now that there aren't episodes being released every week.....ugh I don't wan to read the manga XD

But the manga is so good!

Horikoshi is a goddamn genius

Be patient, the beauty in the animation is the waiting part lol there are plenty anime out to fill the gap until then lol
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 928 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImageImage

Code Violet

Postby Code Violet » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:47 pm

I'm just afraid I'll blow through the manga 10x as fast as the anime and then I'll feel doubly as empty hearted XD

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:44 am

Code Violet wrote:I'm just afraid I'll blow through the manga 10x as fast as the anime and then I'll feel doubly as empty hearted XD

Right there with you haha

Instagram: whatthefunk206

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:09 am

Read Volume 14 in November and Volume 15 in December. Then continue reading the manga online if there are no new paperbacks available. Don't need to treat it like Netflix and binge on it all on a weekend lol.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:16 am

ryusilva23 wrote:Read Volume 14 in November and Volume 15 in December. Then continue reading the manga online if there are no new paperbacks available. Don't need to treat it like Netflix and binge on it all on a weekend lol.

Easier said than done
Signed Pops:70
MM: 116
Pops :206
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: Pippin Took
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:18 am

hailmary25 wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:Read Volume 14 in November and Volume 15 in December. Then continue reading the manga online if there are no new paperbacks available. Don't need to treat it like Netflix and binge on it all on a weekend lol.

Easier said than done

True, but I read other Manga too so I don't feel so empty from MHA. Black Clover keeps me entertained.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:59 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Easier said than done

True, but I read other Manga too so I don't feel so empty from MHA. Black Clover keeps me entertained.

Yeah been working on rereading some also. Working Bleach again

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:57 pm

91shawny wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
Code Violet wrote:ughhh I'm dying now that there aren't episodes being released every week.....ugh I don't wan to read the manga XD

Be patient, the beauty in the animation is the waiting part lol there are plenty anime out to fill the gap until then lol

I have to agree. I rather these shows go on hiatus instead of making fillers. Check out Black Clover if you are interested in a similar anime as MHA (sort of).
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:03 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:Everyone, stop what you're doing! All Might is a 6 inch pop! I repeat: ALL MIGHT IS PLUS ULTRA!!!
:freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

All night 6 inch pop??!? When?? I recently got into this and so did my girlfriend and now we want them all...... the fever begins again!! If this is true I definitely need this one!!!! Hope it’s true!!!!!!

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:27 pm

Did you guys hear the Nerdette talk about how they will have tons more MHA and DBZ coming in 2019?

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Kullekter89 wrote:
grandpa_stern wrote:Everyone, stop what you're doing! All Might is a 6 inch pop! I repeat: ALL MIGHT IS PLUS ULTRA!!!

All night 6 inch pop??!? When?? I recently got into this and so did my girlfriend and now we want them all...... the fever begins again!! If this is true I definitely need this one!!!! Hope it’s true!!!!!!

I feel so bad about having posted that. At the time, it was a rumor. But they didn't make it 6 inch, just the regular ones. Sorry to get your hopes up. I still think it would be plus ultra.
I'm Josh

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:59 pm

Cchavez77 wrote:Did you guys hear the Nerdette talk about how they will have tons more MHA and DBZ coming in 2019?

I didn't hear but I'm not surprised and I'm really happy! For me it's only a question of how many MHA pops I'm gonna grab. My head says 2 more tops. My heart says ALL OF THEM! And my wallet refuses to say anything :'(

Pops: 184//Pocket Pops: 13//Dorbz: 6//PSH: 13//Mystery Minis: 24//Rock Candy: 2//Plushies: 6//Tees: 7//Loungefly: 1//Vynl: 1//Vinyl: 1//Wobblers: 1//Protos: 2

Hyped for:
Hoping for: Kirishima pop
Saving up for: Metallic Beast Boy and Scott Pilgrim Astro Boy shirt

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:05 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:Did you guys hear the Nerdette talk about how they will have tons more MHA and DBZ coming in 2019?

I didn't hear but I'm not surprised and I'm really happy! For me it's only a question of how many MHA pops I'm gonna grab. My head says 2 more tops. My heart says ALL OF THEM! And my wallet refuses to say anything :'(

I hope for Minis also, but who do you all think will be available for next wave.

I think they will make another Deku and All might, I think shoot style Deku and probably younger golden generation All might. After that its open. I would hope some villains.

CaseyJones14
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:21 pm

Noooooo! I still don't have all the old ones lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:

Wave 3 is going to be PHENOMENAL

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:42 pm

91shawny wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:

I think it will be if the limit the repeat chracters / variants. Give us new characters

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:30 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:

I think it will be if the limit the repeat chracters / variants. Give us new characters

My guess is Shigaraki for the next wave, maybe Stain as well, and GITD Todoroki as an exclusive. I can't wait!

Pops: 184//Pocket Pops: 13//Dorbz: 6//PSH: 13//Mystery Minis: 24//Rock Candy: 2//Plushies: 6//Tees: 7//Loungefly: 1//Vynl: 1//Vinyl: 1//Wobblers: 1//Protos: 2

Hyped for:

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

My guess is Shigaraki for the next wave, maybe Stain as well, and GITD Todoroki as an exclusive. I can't wait!

I imagine Shigaraki would be a very tough mold

Code Violet

Postby Code Violet » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:51 pm

I'm glad they have Eraser head! and skinny Allmight lol the Mom would be great

Complex24

Postby Complex24 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:33 am

I just binged watched 3 seasons over the weekend. Im hooked! I’m mad I didn’t get the convention pops when I had the chance

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:29 am

Just bought the game and it’s a learning curve but so fun nevertheless

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:50 am

91shawny wrote:Just bought the game and it’s a learning curve but so fun nevertheless

I read that Midoriya's shoot style is a free dlc, already downloaded it for PS4.

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:25 am

dang i wanna try the game out
ImageImageImageImageImage :freddy2:

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:43 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:Just bought the game and it’s a learning curve but so fun nevertheless

I read that Midoriya's shoot style is a free dlc, already downloaded it for PS4.

Oh damn I thought you had to unlock it, but I'm going to be honest and I hate to say it but its not worth 60 bucks unless you are buying it to play strictly online

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:22 am

91shawny wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

Oh damn I thought you had to unlock it, but I'm going to be honest and I hate to say it but its not worth 60 bucks unless you are buying it to play strictly online

I read some online reviews, I think I'll wait for the game to go down in price. Appreciate the input though.

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:44 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

Yeah, Shigaraki would be a difficult one to translate into Pop form. They could do the "unmasked" version where he's in his hoodie, though.

Remix

Postby Remix » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:00 am

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:

Yeah, Shigaraki would be a difficult one to translate into Pop form. They could do the "unmasked" version where he's in his hoodie, though.

I think they can pull it off. Look at how big weakened All Might's head and hair are.
IG: RemixRobinson

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:02 am

ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:I read that Midoriya's shoot style is a free dlc, already downloaded it for PS4.

I read some online reviews, I think I'll wait for the game to go down in price. Appreciate the input though.

Yea story mode starts from stain and after the inital hype there isn't much to it. It's not as expansive as the ninja storm series which makes it kinda underwhelming. If you never seen the anime, you would be lost and that's just sad

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:06 am

91shawny wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote: Oh damn I thought you had to unlock it, but I'm going to be honest and I hate to say it but its not worth 60 bucks unless you are buying it to play strictly online

Yea story mode starts from stain and after the inital hype there isn't much to it. It's not as expansive as the ninja storm series which makes it kinda underwhelming. If you never seen the anime, you would be lost and that's just sad

glad i waited to pull the trigger, ill wait for black friday to pick it up then >>
ImageImage ImageImage
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:07 pm

91shawny wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

trying to avoid schoolwork so I came to this thread to catch up lol

I keep asking jose every week if there’s a new ep out and his expression all :mad: the wait for me isn’t too bad (yet), just trying to watch other shows atm haha
Last edited by funkopants777 on Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage ImageImage Image

Kullekter89

Postby Kullekter89 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:11 pm

grandpa_stern wrote:
Kullekter89 wrote:

I feel so bad about having posted that. At the time, it was a rumor. But they didn't make it 6 inch, just the regular ones. Sorry to get your hopes up. I still think it would be plus ultra.

Man!!! Got me all hyped!! Damn brother!! All good man lol it’s cool, wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually do one you know!!

KidMarvel

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:29 pm

Kullekter89 wrote:
grandpa_stern wrote:
Kullekter89 wrote:

Man!!! Got me all hyped!! Damn brother!! All good man lol it’s cool, wouldn’t be surprised if they eventually do one you know!!

A 6 inch All Might would look amazing if they also made a 6inch Nomu as well!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImage

Indy Viper

Postby Indy Viper » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Where are people hearing that Tenya is Vaulted?? I keep reading that here, but haven’t seen proof anywhere.

Ever since Funko re-did their Vault section of their site, it’s been completely impossible to keep up with.
ImageImage

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:

I’m going to grab whatever I can at retail. If I miss it or it’s a hard to get con Exclusive I’m not breaking open the bank for one.

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Indy Viper wrote:Where are people hearing that Tenya is Vaulted?? I keep reading that here, but haven’t seen proof anywhere.

Ever since Funko re-did their Vault section of their site, it’s been completely impossible to keep up with.

I think because vendors who did pre-orders for an Iida restock had to cancel them. So people assume no restock means vaulted.

I agree about wishing the Vault was updated more. It's definitely an issue when resellers take advantage, but a lot of collectors put off buying commons so they can grab exclusives first. I try not to wait, common or not, if it's MHA or something else I really love.

Hyped for:

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:57 pm

That sounds amazing if true!

KidMarvel

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:04 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:

That sounds amazing if true!

More MHA pops in 2019 is most certainly welcome! RIP my wallet!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImage

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:56 pm

There are so many characters they could do. Can't wait for the next wave.
ImageImageImageImage

OtoriKohaku

Postby OtoriKohaku » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:32 pm

I still haven't been able to find a Tsuyu or Todoroki at retail :( I really want to see Toga and Dabi in wave 3, they've gotta do it!
ISO: DJ Sona: Concussive, Big Daddy, Zer0
Funko Count: More than a kid should probably have

Hi there, I'm Tanner! :toothy8:
IG:
@Otori_Kohaku_

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:47 pm

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Instagram: whatthefunk206

Return to “Pop!”