My Hero Academia Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
SazukiSenpai

Re: My Hero Academia Pops!

Postby SazukiSenpai » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:24 am

Wonder what movie scene they'll make first from MHA...hmmmm
ImageImage ImageImage
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:28 am

I'm tempted to head to GameStop right when they open lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:33 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:
Indy Viper wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
And yet every distributor has listed the figure as vaulted :(

Funko better be making good plans or something

Are any of these distributors using the specific term “vaulted”, or are they saying something kind of similar like “no longer available” or something like that?

Most distributors use the term “Sold Out”. If they were expecting the figure to come back they would list it as “pre-order” or “temporality our of stock” or something similar.

They won’t list the figure as “Sold Out” unless they get word from Funko that it’s not longer in production.

Regardless the lack of an official word from Funko still means that there’s some hope, but it’s quite unlikely at this point

EDIT: actually writing this post made me remember that funko did bring back a vaulted pop before when they brought back Day of the Dead Sally for a while at Target. Hopefully they do something similar with Tenya with another store like Hot Topic

I saw a post going around social media of someone chatting with funko customer service and that it wasn't confirmed vaulted. I'm hoping they do something similar to DOTD Sally too!

GetLostYouPsycho

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 am

My GameStop box shipped and will be here Wednesday. I'm so excited.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:46 am

Havent been able to get out to GS yet but curious if any of the early birds had any luck on the box this morning.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:07 pm

volsspongebob wrote:Havent been able to get out to GS yet but curious if any of the early birds had any luck on the box this morning.

one sec
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 928 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImageImage

nightlife206

Postby nightlife206 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:35 pm

91shawny wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:Havent been able to get out to GS yet but curious if any of the early birds had any luck on the box this morning.

one sec

nice! im hyped for mine to come

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:47 pm

91shawny wrote:

one sec

Nice. On the hunt I go this afternoon!
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:09 pm

Endeavor is huge! Love it!

Legion Of Boom

Postby Legion Of Boom » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:27 pm

Soundwarp wrote:From what I’ve seen, the retailers have a list that funko gives as a spreadsheet and that is where tenya is listed as vaulted.

This is true. Retailers with a Funko account do get a list of vaulted items telling them that those particular figures are not available to order anymore...and sorry to say Tenya is on that list. He has been for some time now.

That surprise drop that funimation had a few months ago probably happened because they found a few cases hiding in their warehouse or something like that. His price increased lately because now everyone is realizing that it is vaulted and that the few shops/stores that said they were getting a restock are having to cancel orders.

But like a few have said before...you just never know until Funko makes a more public announcement regarding Tenya’s availability.
name's Av

Instagram - avmag27

SDCC 2005 - SDCC 2007 - SDCC 2008 - SDCC 2009 - SDCC 2012 - SDCC 2013 - SDCC 2014 - SDCC 2015 - SDCC 2016 - SDCC 2017 - SDCC 2018 - SDCC 2019
Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018
FDO8SF 2018
ECCC 2017 - ECCC 2019
Fright Night 2016

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:48 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Endeavor is huge! Love it!

Nice! These look great out of the box, not that mine will ever breath fresh air but still cool to see! :) Excited for my box to come in! :cheers:

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:48 pm

getting my box today at lunch today! jealous of all the posts I'm seeing already of people with them! congrats to all!

CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Legion Of Boom wrote:
This is true. Retailers with a Funko account do get a list of vaulted items telling them that those particular figures are not available to order anymore...and sorry to say Tenya is on that list. He has been for some time now.

That surprise drop that funimation had a few months ago probably happened because they found a few cases hiding in their warehouse or something like that. His price increased lately because now everyone is realizing that it is vaulted and that the few shops/stores that said they were getting a restock are having to cancel orders.

But like a few have said before...you just never know until Funko makes a more public announcement regarding Tenya’s availability.

Your post just broke my heart lol Loving all your photos on IG of your new store - hope you are having fun with it!

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:59 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
Indy Viper wrote:
Are any of these distributors using the specific term “vaulted”, or are they saying something kind of similar like “no longer available” or something like that?

Most distributors use the term “Sold Out”. If they were expecting the figure to come back they would list it as “pre-order” or “temporality our of stock” or something similar.

They won’t list the figure as “Sold Out” unless they get word from Funko that it’s not longer in production.

Regardless the lack of an official word from Funko still means that there’s some hope, but it’s quite unlikely at this point

EDIT: actually writing this post made me remember that funko did bring back a vaulted pop before when they brought back Day of the Dead Sally for a while at Target. Hopefully they do something similar with Tenya with another store like Hot Topic

I saw a post going around social media of someone chatting with funko customer service and that it wasn't confirmed vaulted. I'm hoping they do something similar to DOTD Sally too!

I’m hoping for at least a new mold/variant. It’ll definitely bring down the hype/price of the current one since it’ll likely be better than the common

And yeah I saw that post too. Unfortunately Funko support kinda sucks so not sure if they’re basing it off on internal information or their website that really needs to be updated
I love Earthbound :D

Not sure what else to put here

Popoholic_maniac

Postby Popoholic_maniac » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Can't wait to pick up my MHA Box today!
IG: Popoholic_maniac

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:04 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Legion Of Boom wrote:

Your post just broke my heart lol Loving all your photos on IG of your new store - hope you are having fun with it!

Same here :(

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Glad to see everyone getting their boxes today
ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:17 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

I’m hoping for at least a new mold/variant. It’ll definitely bring down the hype/price of the current one since it’ll likely be better than the common

And yeah I saw that post too. Unfortunately Funko support kinda sucks so not sure if they’re basing it off on internal information or their website that really needs to be updated

The reverse can also occur where it spikes up because a new version comes out and then forces more collectors to want to complete the collection, thus increasing the price.
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 928 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImageImage

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:25 pm

One thing to note is some stores are still awaiting shipment of their boxes. So don't panic if you don't get to pick it up today
ImageImageImageImage

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:41 pm

91shawny wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:

The reverse can also occur where it spikes up because a new version comes out and then forces more collectors to want to complete the collection, thus increasing the price.

I agree, if it attracts new collectors to MHA or a particular pop, it could make the existing allotment more scarce increasing the price

Legion Of Boom

Postby Legion Of Boom » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:59 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Legion Of Boom wrote:

Lol ...Sorry Brett, but I will definitely let you know if I come across a few :-"

The shop is doing pretty well! Tons of fun...so far lol
name's Av

Instagram - avmag27

SDCC 2005 - SDCC 2007 - SDCC 2008 - SDCC 2009 - SDCC 2012 - SDCC 2013 - SDCC 2014 - SDCC 2015 - SDCC 2016 - SDCC 2017 - SDCC 2018 - SDCC 2019
Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018
FDO8SF 2018
ECCC 2017 - ECCC 2019
Fright Night 2016

Mags

Postby Mags » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:00 pm

GetLostYouPsycho wrote:My GameStop box shipped and will be here Wednesday. I'm so excited.

Mine arrives on Wednesday too! Probably won't get to open it until Thursday though haha

Pogiboy67

Postby Pogiboy67 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 pm

what was retail on the gamestop my hero box? i missed out.
ImageImageImageImageImage :freddy2:

CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 pm

Pogiboy67 wrote:what was retail on the gamestop my hero box? i missed out.

They are $29.99

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:00 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
Indy Viper wrote:

I think it’s really possible to come back just like battle deku did. Maybe that’s why it’s not really vaulted to let them have the option of always producing more. But if there isn’t as high as a demand as they want they could just decide to never make more. Ball really is in funko’s Court when it comes to it.

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:34 pm

Cchavez77 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

I think it’s really possible to come back just like battle deku did. Maybe that’s why it’s not really vaulted to let them have the option of always producing more. But if there isn’t as high as a demand as they want they could just decide to never make more. Ball really is in funko’s Court when it comes to it.

I'm definitely sure there's enough demand for Tenya (otherwise it wouldn't be going for 100-200 currently) to justify a restock.

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:42 pm

91shawny wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:

I find that only really happens when the new mold is drastically different or if they decide to release a different character instead. If it makes a good or better substitute then people have less reason to pay higher prices for the older version (ex: if they make Tenya in the same pose but with battle scars/without his glasses), like with the OG Power Rangers. Now if they make an entirely different mold of Tenya that's really different (ex: Tenya in his training outfit or school uniform), then it makes sense that the price might rise (although probably not at the same rate as it currently is) but most fans will still have a Tenya in their collection to satisfy them which will eventually bring down the hype/price of the original. But if they don't release a new mold at all and continue to make new characters (or deku variants), then the price will continue to skyrocket like crazy since they fans still won't have Tenya to get all the characters.

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:46 pm

Tenya is rising fast.

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:50 pm

ETphonehome wrote:Tenya is rising fast.

Perhaps Funko will finally notice it and do something about it

Soundwarp

Postby Soundwarp » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:

doubtful, if they wont even do anything for people overseats with popculcha who had their order in since may last year.

Soundwarp

Postby Soundwarp » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 am

makes me feel the 100 i skipped on is now a decent price

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:10 am

Soundwarp wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

doubtful, if they wont even do anything for people overseats with popculcha who had their order in since may last year.

By something I don't only mean a full restock of the common. They can make a new similar variant and to satisfy most fans

And we've seen exceptions in the US before when it comes to discontinued figures. We got a small DOTD Sally restock at Target 2 years back and those weren't just leftover stock found in some warehouse. Point is there are options Funko can take to meet the demand for Tenya. It's just a matter of when they'll do it.

ellsworthj

Postby ellsworthj » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:30 am

SchoolBoyQ wrote:One thing to note is some stores are still awaiting shipment of their boxes. So don't panic if you don't get to pick it up today

Yeah, ran into this. I called today to be told my pre order was still in transit. Can't wait to get my box, so excited.

Fnkyeahryry

Postby Fnkyeahryry » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:51 am

Got my box this morning! GameStop never called me, like usual. I love the little Deku! Definitely my favorite pop so far from the MHA line!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:19 am

Soundwarp wrote:

makes me feel the 100 i skipped on is now a decent price

I spent $100 on him lol, but I justified it because I got everything else for retail or less.

Serlent

Postby Serlent » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:40 am

if we ever get movie moment type MHA pops its over!! it should be called anime moment
Image Image

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:25 am

SazukiSenpai wrote:Wonder what movie scene they'll make first from MHA...hmmmm

I think it's a no brainer. They should make the Deku full cowl vs Bakugo scene. It was so lit!
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

Khal DoDo

Postby Khal DoDo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:12 pm

I picked up my MHA Mystery box at gamestop yesterday! My favorite MHA pops so far!

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:15 pm

booooo mine wont be here until tomorrow, pretty excited to get it after seeing all the pics and everyone grabbing theirs already!

OtoriKohaku

Postby OtoriKohaku » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:22 pm

Man, I'm seeing all these pics of them out of box and I'm totally regretting not getting em >.< hopefully I'll be fortunate enough to come across one in person.
ISO: DJ Sona: Concussive, Big Daddy, Zer0
Funko Count: More than a kid should probably have

Hi there, I'm Tanner! :toothy8:
IG:
@Otori_Kohaku_

Return to “Pop!”