My Hero Academia Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
2017fanatic

Re: My Hero Academia Pops!

Postby 2017fanatic » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:Tenya is rising fast.

Perhaps Funko will finally notice it and do something about it

make more Funko!!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:16 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:Tenya is rising fast.

make more Funko!!

Praying for another Battle Deku situation (especially now that Tenya is around 250 :( )

Hopefully they’ll announce something once it reaches over 300
Will Reggie finally give us Mother 3 before he leaves?

Guess not :p

But will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo (inevitably) releases Mother 3?

I don't think I actually ever introduced myself in the Welcome to Funkoland page :-k

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:59 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

make more Funko!!

Praying for another Battle Deku situation (especially now that Tenya is around 250 :( )

geez louise!! is it really at $250?!

OtoriKohaku

Postby OtoriKohaku » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:44 pm

When'd Tenya hit 250??? I remember when people were selling him for like 40 on Mercari. Woe are the days of passing him up on the top shelf of Hot Topic
ISO: DJ Sona, Big Daddy, Zer0, HT Chase Phoenix
Funko Count: More than a kid should probably have

Hi there, I'm Tanner! :toothy8:
IG:
@tannanagram

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:53 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:

make more Funko!!

Well it’s starting to. Almost every eBay listing has it at least above 200 and the most recent auction sold for 255.

It’ll only be a matter of time until it reaches peak Battle Deku status (and probably higher)

But will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo (inevitably) releases Mother 3?

I don't think I actually ever introduced myself in the Welcome to Funkoland page :-k

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:09 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

Well it’s starting to. Almost every eBay listing has it at least above 200 and the most recent auction sold for 255.

It’ll only be a matter of time until it reaches peak Battle Deku status (and probably higher)

Well hopefully they will come out with a new variation soon for those that don't have this.

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

hoping we get an announcement from HTNerdette that Tenya will re-release just like the info from Battle Deku haha

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:23 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:

hoping we get an announcement from HTNerdette that Tenya will re-release just like the info from Battle Deku haha

Why would HT release Tenya, when it is a common and not a HT exclusive?
My Name is Ernie

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:33 pm

Kaljor wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

Because we’ve gotten a rerelease of a vaulted common pop as a store exclusive before (DOTD Sally at Target) and Hot Topic seems like a perfect match for that scenario to happen again since they already annocuned that they’re getting plenty more MHA stuff at the last periscope

The way I see it, if they restock Tenya as a store exclusive then it’ll be easier to release limited stock rather than give it a wider release again.

Legion Of Boom

Postby Legion Of Boom » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:55 pm

Some collectors need to just give in to the fact that Tenya is vaulted and out of production now. It is more likely that Funko releases a new Tenya mold instead of “unvaulting” the original one.

Can’t really compare Battle Deku to Tenya...HT exclusives aren’t really vaulted so if they wanted to make more they could. That was the case with Battle Deku. That’s why you still see some older HT exclusives pop up from time to time online.

I could be totally wrong here but this is just my humble opinion, sorry to burst everyone’s bubble.
name's Av

Instagram - av.cruz

SDCC 2005 - SDCC 2007 - SDCC 2008 - SDCC 2009 - SDCC 2012 - SDCC 2013 - SDCC 2014 - SDCC 2015 - SDCC 2016 - SDCC 2017 - SDCC 2018 - SDCC 2019
Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019
FDO8SF 2018
ECCC 2017 - ECCC 2019
Fright Night 2016

Soundwarp

Postby Soundwarp » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Legion Of Boom wrote:Some collectors need to just give in to the fact that Tenya is vaulted and out of production now. It is more likely that Funko releases a new Tenya mold instead of “unvaulting” the original one.

Can’t really compare Battle Deku to Tenya...HT exclusives aren’t really vaulted so if they wanted to make more they could. That was the case with Battle Deku. That’s why you still see some older HT exclusives pop up from time to time online.

I could be totally wrong here but this is just my humble opinion, sorry to burst everyone’s bubble.

Agreed the amount of people in denial is amazing. I don’t see them releasing any other pop that was vaulted, and on the case of it not being listed on the website. I don’t see spongebob listed as vaulted but he is :x

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Soundwarp wrote:
Legion Of Boom wrote:Some collectors need to just give in to the fact that Tenya is vaulted and out of production now. It is more likely that Funko releases a new Tenya mold instead of “unvaulting” the original one.

Agreed the amount of people in denial is amazing. I don’t see them releasing any other pop that was vaulted, and on the case of it not being listed on the website. I don’t see spongebob listed as vaulted but he is :x

I'm quite sure the majority of fans have already given up with Tenya. Otherwise the current price wouldn't be close to peak Battle Deku.

The fans who haven't given up are only a small subset and as far as we're concerned, Funko's release patterns are all over the place.

As long as there's demand (and there's plenty), Funko will bring back Tenya in some form and unvaulting isn't out of the picture.

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:05 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

make more Funko!!

I'm sorry what? Are you sure that wasn't a one-off eBay sale? Because I just did some checking and I've only seen a handful of sales that passed $150. Sure there's people selling for $200+, but I haven't seen any purchases made at that price point.

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:08 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
Soundwarp wrote:

I'm quite sure the majority of fans have already given up with Tenya. Otherwise the current price wouldn't be close to peak Battle Deku.

The fans who haven't given up are only a small subset and as far as we're concerned, Funko's release patterns are all over the place.

As long as there's demand (and there's plenty), Funko will bring back Tenya in some form and unvaulting isn't out of the picture.

We're probably going to see Tenya in either his school uniform or gym uniform soon anyway.

Soundwarp

Postby Soundwarp » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:14 pm

Mags wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:

make more Funko!!

I'm sorry what? Are you sure that wasn't a one-off eBay sale? Because I just did some checking and I've only seen a handful of sales that passed $150. Sure there's people selling for $200+, but I haven't seen any purchases made at that price point.

Yes look at active auctions with over 20 bids. Most gave feedback too so they aren’t fake bids

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Soundwarp wrote:
Mags wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

Yes look at active auctions with over 20 bids. Most gave feedback too so they aren’t fake bids

Oh jeez. Really hoping a new mold of Tenya gets released soon then.

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Soundwarp wrote:
Mags wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

a lot of people were probably holding out waiting for an official re-release..now its FOMO at its best ...or worst :(

Mags

Postby Mags » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:31 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
Soundwarp wrote:
Mags wrote:I'm sorry what? Are you sure that wasn't a one-off eBay sale? Because I just did some checking and I've only seen a handful of sales that passed $150. Sure there's people selling for $200+, but I haven't seen any purchases made at that price point.

a lot of people were probably holding out waiting for an official re-release..now its FOMO at its best ...or worst :(

Yeah, deffo some major FOMO driving prices up.

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:55 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

make more Funko!!

Possibly a different pose or release more outside of the US...

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:04 pm

Maybe we will get Tenya with mask?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Mags wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Soundwarp wrote:Yes look at active auctions with over 20 bids. Most gave feedback too so they aren’t fake bids

Very reminiscent of Battle Deku

Which is why I think Funko is going to address it soon

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:07 pm

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Maybe we will get Tenya with mask?

If we do get that it’ll probably be an exclusive. Hopefully not funimation

Soundwarp

Postby Soundwarp » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:11 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
Mags wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:

Yeah but battle deku was never vaulted tho he was just a store exclusive. If they do anything it will just be a mold change

shadow and flame

Postby shadow and flame » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:04 am

I'm pretty certain we've all passed on pops only to regret our choice later. From MHA, mine was Masked Ochaco for $35 ](*,)

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:15 am

shadow and flame wrote:I'm pretty certain we've all passed on pops only to regret our choice later. From MHA, mine was Masked Ochaco for $35 ](*,)

Never really understood why they had that pop overseas. I guess they didn't sell well at comic-con?

shadow and flame

Postby shadow and flame » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:43 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:
shadow and flame wrote:I'm pretty certain we've all passed on pops only to regret our choice later. From MHA, mine was Masked Ochaco for $35 ](*,)

Never really understood why they had that pop overseas. I guess they didn't sell well at comic-con?

Still hoping it hits PopCultcha one of these days, unless it already did and I'm oblivious.

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:52 am

shadow and flame wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

Still hoping it hits PopCultcha one of these days, unless it already did and I'm oblivious.

Unfortunately it already did :(

It was on the site around the same time FPI put up their stock too I believe.

It's hard to say whether it'll be back since it was labeled as a Funimation SDCC exclusive in the US but a regular exclusive overseas.

But who really knows tbh.

shadow and flame

Postby shadow and flame » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:12 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:
shadow and flame wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

It's hard to say whether it'll be back since it was labeled as a Funimation SDCC exclusive in the US but a regular exclusive overseas.

Oh no! I was too late to the party :(

Thanks for the info though, I'll probably trade for it in the near future. In the meantime, let's hope we see some villains like Shigaraki and Stain.

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:43 am

shadow and flame wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
shadow and flame wrote:

Oh no! I was too late to the party :(

Thanks for the info though, I'll probably trade for it in the near future. In the meantime, let's hope we see some villains like Shigaraki and Stain.

Best of luck! I still have hope that Funko will do something about Tenya. Just because it's (possibly) vaulted doesn't mean it can't come back (prove me otherwise).

In the mean time I'll be looking forward for what NY Toy Fair has to offer. If there's no MHA ima riot.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:30 am

Soundwarp wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
Mags wrote:Yeah, deffo some major FOMO driving prices up.

Yeah but battle deku was never vaulted tho he was just a store exclusive. If they do anything it will just be a mold change

at the end of the tenya is just a common thats been vaulted, funko isn't really going to address nada, seems similar to spike from cowboy bebop where he hiked out of nowhere, I know it's good to be optimistic but we need to be realistic and assume the worse here lol
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 928 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImageImage

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:32 am

91shawny wrote:
Soundwarp wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

at the end of the tenya is just a common thats been vaulted, funko isn't really going to address nada, seems similar to spike from cowboy bebop where he hiked out of nowhere, I know it's good to be optimistic but we need to be realistic and assume the worse here lol

Hard for people to accept reality, being optimistic is great... but only goes so far lol. Still need that Spike though haha.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:33 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:
Soundwarp wrote:

I'm going to assume we will probably just get a mask variant if we are lucky, not for nothing, tenya really isn't as popular as deku all might to warrant a newer mold, todoroki being the exception.There are way more characters that need to be dished out especially since we haven't gotten the villains yet.
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 928 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:58 am

All my area GameStops only got boxes in for preorders. No extras. Hoping a restock is in the near future.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

GOING TO MY FIRST FUNDAYS IN 2019!!

Image Image

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:19 am

Kaljor wrote:
2017fanatic wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

the common is vaulted so long gone! but I can definitely see a masked hot topic exclusive [-o<
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel2:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 am

Really wish EBgames hurried up and put the MHA box for preorder and get it in. Taking too long between the GameStop release between boxes.
ISO: Calendar Go Sailor Moon. Spidey, Iron Man, Pennywise and Mono Conans & Scott Pilgrim Protos
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops & Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid Part 2

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:55 am

Hey Barnes & Noble this is how you do a "Mystery Box" ( Looking at you LOTR box). I know we have all seen pics but wow to have these two in hand. Endeavor is a beast of a pop.

Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Funimation Hei
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:39 am

hailmary25 wrote:Hey Barnes & Noble this is how you do a "Mystery Box" ( Looking at you LOTR box). I know we have all seen pics but wow to have these two in hand. Endeavor is a beast of a pop.

lmao for real!! their box included one pop you could buy before the mystery box was sold..wth??

::Edit:: I guess it is more the POPs in the box..regardless if they were sold in or out of the mystery box... throw a tenya in a mystery box right now and we'd all be buying for a chance haha

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:05 pm

volsspongebob wrote:All my area GameStops only got boxes in for preorders. No extras. Hoping a restock is in the near future.

I know the preorders are being handled in waves, I'm sure there's a restock coming for those who didn't preorder.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:33 pm

Mags wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:All my area GameStops only got boxes in for preorders. No extras. Hoping a restock is in the near future.

I know the preorders are being handled in waves, I'm sure there's a restock coming for those who didn't preorder.

Glad I paid shipping and do not have to deal with this wave stuff
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Funimation Hei
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:45 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Mags wrote:

Glad I paid shipping and do not have to deal with this wave stuff

Same here lol I was a little surprised to see mine had shipped out, considering how GS prioritizes orders. I guess most orders were made in store rather than online haha

Return to “Pop!”