My Hero Academia Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
91shawny

Re: My Hero Academia Pops!

Postby 91shawny » Thu May 09, 2019 3:32 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Loki437 wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
Nah it’s definitely a weird choice

Weird due to the subject matter, true. But B&N has handled their exclusive Pop's pretty well compared to other retail stores.

That I agree I am fine with it being them in terms of getting it but like you said subject matter is wierd

Subject matter is 100% weird in this case. The closest to it would've been that ultraman.
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 928 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImageImage

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Thu May 09, 2019 5:32 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Loki437 wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
Nah it’s definitely a weird choice

Weird due to the subject matter, true. But B&N has handled their exclusive Pop's pretty well compared to other retail stores.

That I agree I am fine with it being them in terms of getting it but like you said subject matter is wierd

My Barnes and Noble has a pretty good sized manga section, but maybe that's just because I haven't seen a larger one anywhere else. They kinda bungled the LOTR Mystery box but I'd prefer something like that over not getting anything. I keep thinking any day now we'll get MHA wave news lol

Josietails on Pokemon Go

Pops: 265//Pocket Pops: 14//Dorbz: 6//PSH: 13//Mystery Minis: 24//Rock Candy: 2//Plushies: 6//Tees: 7//Loungefly: 1//Vynl: 2//Vinyl: 2//Wobblers: 1//Protos: 2

Hyped for: First Fundays! And Troy and Abed in the mooooooorning!
Hoping for: Kirishima (Red Riot) pop
Saving up for: Metallic Beast Boy and Scott Pilgrim Astro Boy shirt

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu May 09, 2019 11:19 pm

Not big on chromes, but metallic is another story @___@
You can call me Jorge. Always remember to have fun!
ISO Fundays ticket :(

Instagram: toys.r.us.kid

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu May 09, 2019 11:40 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:Not big on chromes, but metallic is another story @___@

neither have ever really done it for me, when it fits a character sure. make a shiny robot or something fine, but just to arbitrarily do it bothers me almost as much as glow in the dark figures that shouldn't glow.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Thu May 09, 2019 11:48 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

neither have ever really done it for me, when it fits a character sure. make a shiny robot or something fine, but just to arbitrarily do it bothers me almost as much as glow in the dark figures that shouldn't glow.

True, I’d prefer them to make sense as well. I am guilty of falling victim to giving in to a few though. If it looks cool enough, that’s all it takes sometime lol

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:13 am

Just heard rumors about a metallic b&n exclusive All Might, anyone know anything? :-k
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2019 - SOON!!
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Fri May 10, 2019 12:32 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:There seems to be a rumor going around about Barnes and nobles getting A Metallic exclusive :o

Ugh, I saw that too and was instantly disappointed. The Barnes and Nobles around me are notorious for mishandling pop releases. I would love an All Might pop, but just not from B&N.

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:18 am

moneyhelpspk wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:There seems to be a rumor going around about Barnes and nobles getting A Metallic exclusive :o

Ugh, I saw that too and was instantly disappointed. The Barnes and Nobles around me are notorious for mishandling pop releases. I would love an All Might pop, but just not from B&N.

That sucks to hear.

My B&N is pretty isolated for some reason (perhaps because it's called Bookstar instead?) so a lot of exclusives tend to last for a pretty long time. Although some do get unbleached lol.

EDIT: Perhaps I might be able to help you when it releases and you aren't able to get it (although you may need to remind me lol)
Last edited by Joesandwich123 on Fri May 10, 2019 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will Reggie finally give us Mother 3 before he leaves?

Guess not :p

But will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo (inevitably) releases Mother 3?

I don't think I actually ever introduced myself in the Welcome to Funkoland page :-k

Anyone else going to SDCC 2019?

Time to practice chugging corn for Fundays 2019!

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Fri May 10, 2019 2:30 am

Joesandwich123 wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:

That sucks to hear.

My B&N is pretty isolated for some reason (perhaps because it's called Bookstar instead?) so a lot of exclusives tend to last for a pretty long time. Although some do get unbleached lol.

Theyre really hit and miss. Like I found a Pepe Le Pew hidden in the shelves a couple weeks ago, but box was crushed. And the ones in my area still have random convention exclusives laying around too.

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Fri May 10, 2019 2:34 am

my barnes and noble is usually good at getting new pops in...hopefully it stays the same

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Fri May 10, 2019 3:00 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

True, I’d prefer them to make sense as well. I am guilty of falling victim to giving in to a few though. If it looks cool enough, that’s all it takes sometime lol

I'm the same. I like when a special coating/variant makes sense but sometimes the cool novelty wins out. I have to see them in person first.

Josietails on Pokemon Go

Pops: 265//Pocket Pops: 14//Dorbz: 6//PSH: 13//Mystery Minis: 24//Rock Candy: 2//Plushies: 6//Tees: 7//Loungefly: 1//Vynl: 2//Vinyl: 2//Wobblers: 1//Protos: 2

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri May 10, 2019 3:03 am

Jade-Rex wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

I'm the same. I like when a special coating/variant makes sense but sometimes the cool novelty wins out. I have to see them in person first.

Yup a glam shot will give me a better idea on how I’ll feel.
I think my imagination is holding a high standard. But I don’t doubt they can meet it :)

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Fri May 10, 2019 3:09 am

Interesting. I'm all for it if we get a new mold. Highly doubt it though
ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:38 am

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Interesting. I'm all for it if we get a new mold. Highly doubt it though

The chrome would make a little sense if they were doing his silver age out fit

Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Iron Man MArk 43
Most Recent: MJ
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri May 10, 2019 8:08 am

moneyhelpspk wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:

That sucks to hear.

Theyre really hit and miss. Like I found a Pepe Le Pew hidden in the shelves a couple weeks ago, but box was crushed. And the ones in my area still have random convention exclusives laying around too.

Tbh, I don't think I'll have an issue getting it in store, but man they have the WORST shipping out of everyone

D4nnym4n123

Postby D4nnym4n123 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Jennyboooh wrote:
MarvelPopFan75 wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:I think everyone wants Toga xD

Very true, I wouldn't mind seeing a Twice as well.

Dare I say a 2-pack lol

Omg that would be nuts
Happy Hunting everybody! And may the force and Freddy gods be with you!

funkopants777

Postby funkopants777 » Sun May 12, 2019 10:14 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
SchoolBoyQ wrote:Interesting. I'm all for it if we get a new mold. Highly doubt it though

That’s what I was thinking! Lol is it silver color to match “silver age” haha

Regardless I want it!

P.s then we’ll need gold all might for golden age..:)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Sun May 12, 2019 10:55 pm

Realistically, it will probably be the smaller version of the statue displayed at Dallas Fan Expo
ImageImageImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:47 am

funkopants777 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

That’s what I was thinking! Lol is it silver color to match “silver age” haha

Regardless I want it!

P.s then we’ll need gold all might for golden age..:)

Wouldn't put it bast them look at the different chrome vegetas

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:49 am

91shawny wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
That sucks to hear.

Tbh, I don't think I'll have an issue getting it in store, but man they have the WORST shipping out of everyone

How so? Never had any problems/issues with Barnes. I have had plenty with Walmart and Target, which I hope they never get exclusives of MHA lol.

Typale

Postby Typale » Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 am

Excited for the upcoming wave!

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon May 13, 2019 12:04 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:

How so? Never had any problems/issues with Barnes. I have had plenty with Walmart and Target, which I hope they never get exclusives of MHA lol.

Any and every item I ordered online from Barnes always came damaged, little to no protection whatsoever.

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Mon May 13, 2019 12:05 pm

Yeah this is a must without question!!!

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Mon May 13, 2019 12:14 pm

Can’t wait to see what to see what Barnes and Funimation may have.

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Mon May 13, 2019 12:50 pm

ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:

Walmart and Target have always been good to me. But thats probably because I dont live in a big city with lots of people fighting over pops lol But the problems I have with Barnes is that they have horrible shipping, only company with worse shipping is Walgreen's. Also whenever they get an exclusive, lots of the time I go they either only get a couple pops and/or theyre almost always damaged to some extent.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:42 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Walmart and Target have always been good to me. But thats probably because I dont live in a big city with lots of people fighting over pops lol But the problems I have with Barnes is that they have horrible shipping, only company with worse shipping is Walgreen's. Also whenever they get an exclusive, lots of the time I go they either only get a couple pops and/or theyre almost always damaged to some extent.

Walmart has been worst for me. They get nothing. The same pops have been sitting on the shelf since they created the new section. So please dear got never give Walmart an MHA exclusive

Mags

Postby Mags » Mon May 13, 2019 7:04 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:
ryusilva23 wrote:

Walmart has been worst for me. They get nothing. The same pops have been sitting on the shelf since they created the new section. So please dear got never give Walmart an MHA exclusive

It's funny because I've never had issues with Walgreens or B&N shipping but I have had issues with Walmart lol Just goes to show how random stuff can be, huh?

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:36 pm

I keep seeing all the hype around this show and think “must be really good if so many people are excited” ...then I think “I better not watch it because if I like it, I’ll need to buy all the pops!” Decisions decisions.
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

Image Image
Image Image

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Mon May 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Do it! You will enjoy and regret it, plus ultra.

The1one1 wrote:I keep seeing all the hype around this show and think “must be really good if so many people are excited” ...then I think “I better not watch it because if I like it, I’ll need to buy all the pops!” Decisions decisions.
I’m Chris
IG @cm_funkollector

Image Image

Image Image

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Mon May 13, 2019 9:38 pm

Mags wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
moneyhelpspk wrote:

It's funny because I've never had issues with Walgreens or B&N shipping but I have had issues with Walmart lol Just goes to show how random stuff can be, huh?

Guess my pain and suffering with Barnes and Noble isnt universal lol But luckily I have some really nice Funatic friends that are willing to help me out when the big retailers fail me :D

CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Metallic All Might looks sweet! :love10:
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue May 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Looks like it's official. Releasing on 9/22/19.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue May 14, 2019 3:13 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:Image

So far awayyyyyyy

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Tue May 14, 2019 5:30 pm

hailmary25 wrote:

So far awayyyyyyy

The pessimist in me is thinking we can't expect a new wave until around the new season. October right?

But the optimist is hoping maybe there will be 2 waves! Several SDCC exclusives and then commons too.

Josietails on Pokemon Go

moneyhelpspk

Postby moneyhelpspk » Tue May 14, 2019 6:21 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

So far awayyyyyyy

The pessimist in me is thinking we can't expect a new wave until around the new season. October right?

But the optimist is hoping maybe there will be 2 waves! Several SDCC exclusives and then commons too.

SDCC exclusives will probably be part of the previous line. With a new line coming out with the new season.

lavery01

Postby lavery01 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Yes I saw the post on twitter today for the B&N All Might, have to say I’m a bit excited for this one. Will definitely fit right in with our other ones. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue May 14, 2019 9:32 pm

moneyhelpspk wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
So far awayyyyyyy

SDCC exclusives will probably be part of the previous line. With a new line coming out with the new season.

Either way IM AM HERREEEEEEEE FOR IT

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Tue May 14, 2019 9:41 pm

Seen the picture of the Barnes exclusive. Figured it was gonna be the same mold. Looks decent
ImageImageImageImage

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:30 pm

I'm totally cool with more All Might!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:28 am

SchoolBoyQ wrote:Seen the picture of the Barnes exclusive. Figured it was gonna be the same mold. Looks decent

Where did you see the picture? All I saw was a picture of a custom.
Will Reggie finally give us Mother 3 before he leaves?

Guess not :p

But will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo (inevitably) releases Mother 3?

I don't think I actually ever introduced myself in the Welcome to Funkoland page :-k

Anyone else going to SDCC 2019?

Time to practice chugging corn for Fundays 2019!

Return to “Pop!”