My Hero Academia Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Trujitsu Ninja

Re: My Hero Academia Pops!

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:44 pm

SazukiSenpai wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
I don’t think that the second movie will be it’s last. MHA is catching fire and a big following so I see more movies later on down the road.

I agree. MHA isn’t going anywhere

Can't wait to see how they top the first one >_>

With more action!! Love the first movie. Some girl was crying behind me cause the movie was over and she wanted to watch it again. I mean really crying. I know All for one will have something up he’s sleeve.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 321
Years collecting 3+
Interest pops Anime and Pennywise

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:02 am

SchoolBoyQ wrote:If Stain is a shared exclusive my guess is HT

I can agree with this guess.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:15 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

With more action!! Love the first movie. Some girl was crying behind me cause the movie was over and she wanted to watch it again. I mean really crying. I know All for one will have something up he’s sleeve.

probably with the new moves. I Really hope they bring back the gauntlets fore more "testing".
Current Pop count: 801
Favorite Pop: Smooth Criminal Michael Jackson
ISO: Anime Protos
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:37 pm

SazukiSenpai wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:Can't wait to see how they top the first one >_>

probably with the new moves. I Really hope they bring back the gauntlets fore more "testing".

The gauntlet was given to him so he wouldn’t break his arm any further because his body was still getting used to the power. Deku has trained hard since then. No need for the gauntlet with his new shoto style of fighting. His new suit has armor in the legs for stronger kicks.
Years collecting 3+

squidward

Postby squidward » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:49 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

I think our theater played the movie nightly for 4-5 days. My daughter saw it 3 times in the theater and several times once it was released on bluray. She just kept saying how good it was.
Wish List: Monsters Inc. Boo proto

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:53 pm

squidward wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:Can't wait to see how they top the first one >_>

I think our theater played the movie nightly for 4-5 days. My daughter saw it 3 times in the theater and several times once it was released on bluray. She just kept saying how good it was.

I’ve seen it 4 times and still don’t get enough
Years collecting 3+

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:54 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

The gauntlet was given to him so he wouldn’t break his arm any further because his body was still getting used to the power. Deku has trained hard since then. No need for the gauntlet with his new shoto style of fighting. His new suit has armor in the legs for stronger kicks.

True but he can release more power, so it be nice to have those gauntlets come back. I thought they were aesthetically pleasing.
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:30 am

I can't wait for the next movie or the next season! Hopefully after Todoroki and Deku we get another GITD pop soon! :D
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:37 pm

SazukiSenpai wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:probably with the new moves. I Really hope they bring back the gauntlets fore more "testing".

True but he can release more power, so it be nice to have those gauntlets come back. I thought they were aesthetically pleasing.

I agree with u there I did like the way it looked with the suit.
Years collecting 3+

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:08 pm

SazukiSenpai wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:probably with the new moves. I Really hope they bring back the gauntlets fore more "testing".

Agreed, they look fantastic.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ISO: Harry Potter & Borderlands Protos

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:24 pm

KidMarvel wrote:I can't wait for the next movie or the next season! Hopefully after Todoroki and Deku we get another GITD pop soon! :D

I’m hoping we get a glow Tokoyami
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:19 pm

TheStephil wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

Someone make a custom with those gauntlet. That would be a nice pop to add to the collection.
Years collecting 3+

SazukiSenpai

Postby SazukiSenpai » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:37 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:True but he can release more power, so it be nice to have those gauntlets come back. I thought they were aesthetically pleasing.

Someone make a custom with those gauntlet. That would be a nice pop to add to the collection.

She should just design his new costume :D
Twitch.tv/SazukiSenpai

paopao9783

Postby paopao9783 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:44 am

I think we have enough Deku pops already. It would be nice to have new characters added.
Raymond Sy :freddy3:

460 pops and counting!
Funko Funatic Philippines member
IG: raymondsyphotography

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:26 am

SazukiSenpai wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

She should just design his new costume :D

Shield would be great designers for it! Just like ALL MIGHT!
Hi, I'm CptSailor (Dillon)!

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

IG: cptsailorfunko

iso: Cuphead Protos, AOT Protos, LTJ 20" Bone Daddy

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:28 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Agreed. They already vaulted Tenya and we all saw what happened after that.

I really do hope that MHA has the longevity of DBZ. Although it does not give me warm and fizzy feelings when they say the second movie will be the last.

I don’t think that the second movie will be it’s last. MHA is catching fire and a big following so I see more movies later on down the road.

The fact that it got two movies two years in a row is a good sign there is more to come. MHA is the modern day of what DBZ used to be, popularity wise not content wise so best believe they will milk it dry, just look at one piece in japan lol
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 928 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:30 am

kelvinwong wrote:
91shawny wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Imma need Funko to get it together with Bleach and Naruto. Lol dropping a set of bleach pops every 2 years is killing me and naruto dropping one pop every 6 months is killing me too. At least show them some convention love.

they both have enough characters to rival dbz that are not variants

Oh yea! Bleach pops!!! Come on. We need the squad commanders! And Aizen in multiple forms!

And naruto!!! So many variants to have!

Squad comanders, their shikai and bankai, arrancar, their base and unlocked form. What I'd do to see an grimmjow in panthera formmmm

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:35 am

TheStephil wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

I dont think he'd want to utilize the gauntlets again. Assuming the movie occurred prior to the muscular event, he'd probably traumatized to not wanting to use OFA at maximum at the expense of losing his arms, even if the gauntlet could suppress it, it's too risky to test out

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:53 am

91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
SazukiSenpai wrote:True but he can release more power, so it be nice to have those gauntlets come back. I thought they were aesthetically pleasing.

I dont think he'd want to utilize the gauntlets again. Assuming the movie occurred prior to the muscular event, he'd probably traumatized to not wanting to use OFA at maximum at the expense of losing his arms, even if the gauntlet could suppress it, it's too risky to test out

To be honest im suprised there hasnt been a deku variant with those gauntlets released. The ones specifically used in the movie. It seems like theyve made so many variants that it would be a thing.

Also Honestly i hope when they finally make grape rush that they make the balls on his head removable via velcrow lololol
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:13 am

I have still yet to buy 1 MHA Pop! LOL

CaseyJones14
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:20 am

rexflexall wrote:I have still yet to buy 1 MHA Pop! LOL

Stay far away for your own good lol
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:40 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:

Wiser words have never been spoken lol
It never stops at 1

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:00 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
91shawny wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

To be honest im suprised there hasnt been a deku variant with those gauntlets released. The ones specifically used in the movie. It seems like theyve made so many variants that it would be a thing.

Also Honestly i hope when they finally make grape rush that they make the balls on his head removable via velcrow lololol

Haha I'd love a grape rush pop soon.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:01 pm

I finally obtained Glow Might so I only have 1 more MHA pop to get before the next wave. If anyone can point me in the direction of a well priced Tenya, I'd appreciate it.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:11 pm

91shawny wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
I really do hope that MHA has the longevity of DBZ. Although it does not give me warm and fizzy feelings when they say the second movie will be the last.

The fact that it got two movies two years in a row is a good sign there is more to come. MHA is the modern day of what DBZ used to be, popularity wise not content wise so best believe they will milk it dry, just look at one piece in japan lol

I was just going by what I read in this article.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/09/my-hero-academia-2-movie-title-release-date-heroes-rising?amp=1#aoh=15675413455428&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Funimation Hei
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:18 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

I was just going by what I read in this article.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/07/09/my-hero-academia-2-movie-title-release-date-heroes-rising?amp=1#aoh=15675413455428&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

Oh for sure they are going to milk it for what it’s worth. MHA is a money maker right now.
Years collecting 3+

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:31 pm

TheStephil wrote:I finally obtained Glow Might so I only have 1 more MHA pop to get before the next wave. If anyone can point me in the direction of a well priced Tenya, I'd appreciate it.

Congrats Steph! Just one more to go and good luck on the Tenya!

ImageImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:14 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I finally obtained Glow Might so I only have 1 more MHA pop to get before the next wave. If anyone can point me in the direction of a well priced Tenya, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks! I can get him on evilbay but I rather get locally or trade with a funatic. Should probably post something on my local groups.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:42 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Wiser words have never been spoken lol
It never stops at 1

They are like Gremlins ... they start multiplying after midnight.

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 am

TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Its gotta be on the horizon. He definitely is one of the main characters and a huge part of the comic. He is like the shows krillin with a dash of roshi
PopPChulo

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:16 am

TheStephil wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

Thanks! I can get him on evilbay but I rather get locally or trade with a funatic. Should probably post something on my local groups.

Wish I had an extra to help you out good luck
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Funimation Hei
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:17 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Its gotta be on the horizon. He definitely is one of the main characters and a huge part of the comic. He is like the shows krillin with a dash of roshi

Only a dash? lol

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:36 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

Wish I had an extra to help you out good luck

Thanks!
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:22 pm

I'm hoping for some NYCC announcements about My hero tomorrow...

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:51 am

squidward wrote:I'm hoping for some NYCC announcements about My hero tomorrow...

Me too! Fingers crossed.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

SchoolBoyQ

Postby SchoolBoyQ » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:31 pm

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

SchoolBoyQ