My Hero Academia Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Mags

Re: My Hero Academia Pops!

Postby Mags » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:16 am

91shawny wrote:
AvgPopGuy wrote:Well I hope i get in the funko booth, cause ToyTokyo, Amazon, & Walmart shipping are all suspect. I rather get mint boxes at the booth.

Thankfully we haven't seen Walmart get an anime pop since GITD Zamasu, BUT, recently Walmart has start shipping pops within sorters in the box, all the chrome hulks and gold lukes came with them so it's good to see a change coming.

I would be more concerned with B&N shipping with metallic all might coming soon.

GITD Zamasu was a nightmare to find, I ended up buying him for $30 at a con because that was the first one I'd seen for sale anywhere since Funko announced that wave.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
I believe we have gotten at least 1 wave per year for the last 3 years and the waves get bigger in amount released. I see this line being very big like DBZ. A never ending line. This is a line I will definitely keep collecting. I gave up on DBZ, I started too late missing a whole bunch.

I'm in the same boat. I still collect DBZ but I am selective on which ones I grab because I know I'll never finish the line.

I thought about doing that also but decided not to because I want to make sure I can keep the MHA line complete. I would love to get both but my wallet won’t allow me too :blackeye: . Maybe once in a great while but for now no. MHA has more in the horizon.

DBZ is more of my husband's line so it's up to him how much we complete but I'll pitch in for characters I really like.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ISO: Harry Potter & Borderlands Protos

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:12 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
I'm in the same boat. I still collect DBZ but I am selective on which ones I grab because I know I'll never finish the line.

I thought about doing that also but decided not to because I want to make sure I can keep the MHA line complete. I would love to get both but my wallet won’t allow me too :blackeye: . Maybe once in a great while but for now no. MHA has more in the horizon.

DBZ is more of my husband's line so it's up to him how much we complete but I'll pitch in for characters I really like.

Team work makes the dream work. My wife doesn’t collect so I’m on my own #-o. I have even went as far as getting her her own set (Care Bears). She doesn’t even know what she has so I stopped buying for her. I think that’s so cool you both collect. With two people hunting would be easier.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 321
Years collecting 3+
Interest pops Anime and Pennywise

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:22 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

Team work makes the dream work. My wife doesn’t collect so I’m on my own #-o. I have even went as far as getting her her own set (Care Bears). She doesn’t even know what she has so I stopped buying for her. I think that’s so cool you both collect. With two people hunting would be easier.

Yeah, the wife doesn't collect either, but she does take a peek at the collection from time to time. Can't tell whether it's to check if things are in order lol.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Typale

Postby Typale » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Need me some NYCC MHA!! Lol.

In the current note though... I still don’t know if my wife collects or just takes ones she likes from me.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:02 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Yeah, the wife doesn't collect either, but she does take a peek at the collection from time to time. Can't tell whether it's to check if things are in order lol.

Probably to check lol . My wife will tell me she seen a pop I was looking for right after she has left the store or when she gets home. Why she didn’t pick it up? She’s says she didn’t go to the store for that #-o . She likes playing games with my funko life.
Years collecting 3+

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

Probably to check lol . My wife will tell me she seen a pop I was looking for right after she has left the store or when she gets home. Why she didn’t pick it up? She’s says she didn’t go to the store for that #-o . She likes playing games with my funko life.

That's rough. I don't think I'd be as diehard of a collector if it wasn't for my husband. I'd probably only have a handful at my office or in a side room. Having someone that equally loves the hunt in the same household makes it a lot more fun for me. Also, not being limited to where I display my pops helps too. We have displays all over the house and feed each other's addiction.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:43 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

" I'd probably only have a handful "

That might be what we all think and doesn't come true. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:01 am

digithor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

" I'd probably only have a handful "

That might be what we all think and doesn't come true. lol

Haha very true.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:31 am

kelvinwong wrote:NYCC line up is turning out to be Super dope!

Especially with Stain and Dabi. Absolutely sick!

MHA fans gonna rejoice! Can’t wait for season 4

Wished they had MHA pops at SDCC (since I attended it)
I remember that was the first time Himigo Toga was mentioned and thought it would be there to purchase.
Hoping my friends attending nycc can get me these two exclusives
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector

ImageImageImage

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:46 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:

I remember that was the first time Himigo Toga was mentioned and thought it would be there to purchase.

Dibs on proto ;-)
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:27 am

TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

That's rough. I don't think I'd be as diehard of a collector if it wasn't for my husband. I'd probably only have a handful at my office or in a side room. Having someone that equally loves the hunt in the same household makes it a lot more fun for me. Also, not being limited to where I display my pops helps too. We have displays all over the house and feed each other's addiction.

Im a loner in my funko house. My oldest collects but it’s strictly Kingdom Hearts or Godzilla that it.
Years collecting 3+

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:17 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

Im a loner in my funko house. My oldest collects but it’s strictly Kingdom Hearts or Godzilla that it.

Kingdom hearts is a great line to collect though I've run out of space to collect the latest pieces. Might pass them onto my siblings who used to play the game with me :D
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:29 am

cptsailor wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:Buying online guarantees you a damaged box for sure.

AvgPopGuy wrote:Well I hope i get in the funko booth, cause ToyTokyo, Amazon, & Walmart shipping are all suspect. I rather get mint boxes at the booth.

Thankfully we haven't seen Walmart get an anime pop since GITD Zamasu, BUT, recently Walmart has start shipping pops within sorters in the box, all the chrome hulks and gold lukes came with them so it's good to see a change coming.

I would be more concerned with B&N shipping with metallic all might coming soon.

BN, Walgreens, and Amazon are typically the only ones I have trouble with anymore.
HOWEVER, BN has sent me my most protected pop to date from a retailer. I wish I had pictures of it. Almost every other time though, I have creases and dings.

It's a crap shoot for sure. I think we can all agree on those vendors being crap at shipping lol.
IG: chasingvynl
Hello my name is Ken!
Pop Count: Too much
Main Line: GOT, WD, Disney, Simpsons, DBZ/DBS, Anime, Naruto
SDCC 17, SDCC 18, SDCC 19, ECCC 18, CRX 19
ISO: Anime protos

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:30 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Kingdom hearts is a great line to collect though I've run out of space to collect the latest pieces. Might pass them onto my siblings who used to play the game with me :D

I went crazy when KH started releasing pops. Then, I got overwhelmed and stopped lol.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:32 am

TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

My wife and I share a collection from all the times we went hunting and buying from conventions. It's a great hobby to do together but painful to the wallet lol.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:18 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

More like to check how much of a wallet is left. Or space in the room is left
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:19 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

My wife and I share a collection from all the times we went hunting and buying from conventions. It's a great hobby to do together but painful to the wallet lol.

I would say that is a good plus. To have the love one that shares your hobby as well! Lucky Guy ! :freddy4:

Mine will take a look at my ppg front page and look at the room and sigh lol
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:20 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

I went crazy when KH started releasing pops. Then, I got overwhelmed and stopped lol.

Love the start when KH came out. But too many to keep up! I did love the one with the exchangeable keyblades
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:22 am

Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

Dibs on proto ;-)

Hehe everyone will be hunting MHA protos
ImageImageImageImage

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:23 am

Typale wrote:Need me some NYCC MHA!! Lol.

In the current note though... I still don’t know if my wife collects or just takes ones she likes from me.

Hehe either way she supports your collection.
ImageImageImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:55 am

Shoriyuken wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

My wife also partakes. I do all of the info sourcing and web work. She will go to stores since she works in a mall office.
Hi, I'm CptSailor (Dillon)!

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

IG: cptsailorfunko

iso: Cuphead Protos, AOT Protos, LTJ 20" Bone Daddy

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:33 am

kelvinwong wrote:
Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

Dibs on proto ;-)

So true. Very sought after
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:41 am

kelvinwong wrote:
Typale wrote:Need me some NYCC MHA!! Lol.

Hehe either way she supports your collection.

I would be happy with that support too lol

Instagram: whatthefunk206

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:04 am

Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
Jalcmkzv87 wrote:Dibs on proto ;-)

What is a porto?
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector

ImageImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:07 am

cptsailor wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

My wife also partakes. I do all of the info sourcing and web work. She will go to stores since she works in a mall office.

My husband and I are the opposite. In the beginning, I did most of the research and send him the stuff that's coming that we both would like. He's starting to get more involved in the social media to get notifications of what stuff is coming out and chats a lot on here but I'm probably still the info sourcing one in the family.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:10 am

Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
Jalcmkzv87 wrote:Dibs on proto ;-)

Too expensive for my blood. I'll stick to Harry Potter and video game protos. They fit my budget.
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:25 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

There are some pros and cons to my wife not collecting or "tolerating" my collection. Pro is that if we both collected it would probably get out of control. So she helps me from going over board. And I get to have my own hobby. Cons is I do have to limit my collections and cannot display in the ways I want to. I cannot really share it with her. Sometimes when I talk passionately about something like say me buying a black light for the GITD was she genuinely interested or pretending. I have bought her her own sets like True Blood or Christmas story (favorite xmas movie) but barely acknowledges them. (But cant get rid of cause they are gifts).

I think she does like my signed pop collection as she herself has admitted she is not of a fan of just having a binder full of signed 8x10's so she gave me a wall to display those.

All in all I wish she would collect with me but she has never really collected anything in her life. Her mom as given her deep seated roots that collections are cluttered and therefore need to be cleaned and not there.
Signed Pops:74
MM: 116
Pops :118
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Funimation Hei
Top Pop: SDCC 12th Doctor

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:38 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

What is a porto?

I don’t follow what a porto is.
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:55 am

TheStephil wrote:
Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

Too expensive for my blood. I'll stick to Harry Potter and video game protos. They fit my budget.

Even the cheapest ones fetch nearly 4 figures. Anime is rough already, then you hit DBZ and MHA.... OOF
Hi, I'm CptSailor (Dillon)!

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

IG: cptsailorfunko

iso: Cuphead Protos, AOT Protos, LTJ 20" Bone Daddy

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
Jalcmkzv87 wrote:So true. Very sought after

What is a porto?

if anyone makes it to southern california...definitely go to porto's bakery! potato balls ftw! you won't regret it!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:33 pm

2017fanatic wrote:
Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:What is a porto?

if anyone makes it to southern california...definitely go to porto's bakery! potato balls ftw! you won't regret it!

Nice I’ll definetely check it out
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Typale

Postby Typale » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:48 pm

cptsailor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Even the cheapest ones fetch nearly 4 figures. Anime is rough already, then you hit DBZ and MHA.... OOF

Ya way too much for me nowadays.

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:09 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

What price range do the harry potter ones go for?
SDCC 2018, 2019
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:41 pm

digithor wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

What price range do the harry potter ones go for?

Cheaper ones from Fantastic Beasts and HP are in the $150-200 range with main characters reaching closer to $500. Luckily for me I really like the animals and they tend to be a bit cheaper. Obviously movie moments, 6" and 10" are more expensive.
And if anyone finds me Sirius Black proto... you'll be my best friend forever. Just a friendly reminder. :-"
Hi, I’m Steph.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:54 am

hailmary25 wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

There are some pros and cons to my wife not collecting or "tolerating" my collection. Pro is that if we both collected it would probably get out of control. So she helps me from going over board. And I get to have my own hobby. Cons is I do have to limit my collections and cannot display in the ways I want to. I cannot really share it with her. Sometimes when I talk passionately about something like say me buying a black light for the GITD was she genuinely interested or pretending. I have bought her her own sets like True Blood or Christmas story (favorite xmas movie) but barely acknowledges them. (But cant get rid of cause they are gifts).

I think she does like my signed pop collection as she herself has admitted she is not of a fan of just having a binder full of signed 8x10's so she gave me a wall to display those.

All in all I wish she would collect with me but she has never really collected anything in her life. Her mom as given her deep seated roots that collections are cluttered and therefore need to be cleaned and not there.

I feel u. I have my collection in my walk in closet cause my wife doesn’t want me to have them all around the house. It’s does have its perks though, I don’t have to worry about my cats getting to them. I’ve seen people’s pictures on how their pets got to their collection. Ugh total devastation and heartbreak. Also keeps them safe when family comes over and kids are everywhere. If u ask I will show it but they do not leave that closet, so back to what I was saying my wife doesn’t want me to display them around the house.
Years collecting 3+

Shoriyuken

Postby Shoriyuken » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:01 am

kelvinwong wrote:
Shoriyuken wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

Love the start when KH came out. But too many to keep up! I did love the one with the exchangeable keyblades

We're pretty much on the same boat. I have the Tron 3 pack and my favorite is the Halloween versions. They are very well made.
Hello my name is Ken!

Image Image

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:07 am

grandpa_stern wrote:Everyone, stop what you're doing! All Might is a 6 inch pop! I repeat: ALL MIGHT IS PLUS ULTRA!!!
:freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

Lol

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:07 am

missauru wrote:IM SCREAMING.
They all look friggin incredible!! Now I just need my Shouto, Denki, and Kiri for my life to be complete *prays*

I hope too

Skatervic23

Postby Skatervic23 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 am

valorandvellum wrote:Ugh, they look so good!! That is awesome that All Might is 6"! I seriously need to slow down my spending (especially with all the sweet Pop Asia stuff coming out) but I kinda want ALL of these. :eek:

Lol

Return to “Pop!”