Power Rangers

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Vader92

Re: Power Rangers

Postby Vader92 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:07 am

Killua916 wrote:
d3monicwolv3s wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

I hope funko still has license. I would love for them to have weapons. They did the metallic line dirty. Only Zack doesn't have metallic.

The whole line was done dirty and a mess.

First line only had the red, white and pink rangers

Years later the second line they have since updated the standard mold and released blue, black, yellow, and green. So they don't look exactly like the first set released.
White, pink and red get action poses. No others have action poses.

Metallic set they didn't release the black ranger or white ranger, and also messing up yellow ranger having the wrong coin painted on never to be fixed.

Morphing set never had a green or white ranger.

Unmorphed set pretty sure we didn't get a white ranger either.(I skipped this set so I might be wrong)

Never got titanus by himself either but got ultrazord. Which I guess is fine. Most people don't care about titanus by himself.

Even in those renders pink ranger doesn't have her weapon like the others. Its exhausting how inconsistent this line is and I'd skip buying them if they did that.

So I'm hoping they either fix some of those things as con exclusives or just finish up Rita's gang and zordon. Squatt, baboo, finster, scorpina, putties, rito, and ranger slayer since we got drakkon.

Since a lot of the monsters and villains have never had any kind of figure It would have been nice if we got monsters of the day as exclusives like they treat heman at the very least, but this line feels abandoned.

I love this whole post and I feel
Your frustration. But can we talk about how ugly the tigerzord was. I skipped my favorite zord. White ranger mold was probably the best.

i bought everything lol
IG https://www.instagram.com/popthat818/
Pop count: 202
ISO: overwatch prototypes
OOB Sith pop collector

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:28 pm

\:D/
Vader92 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
d3monicwolv3s wrote:
The whole line was done dirty and a mess.

First line only had the red, white and pink rangers

Years later the second line they have since updated the standard mold and released blue, black, yellow, and green. So they don't look exactly like the first set released.
White, pink and red get action poses. No others have action poses.

Metallic set they didn't release the black ranger or white ranger, and also messing up yellow ranger having the wrong coin painted on never to be fixed.

Morphing set never had a green or white ranger.

Unmorphed set pretty sure we didn't get a white ranger either.(I skipped this set so I might be wrong)

Never got titanus by himself either but got ultrazord. Which I guess is fine. Most people don't care about titanus by himself.

Even in those renders pink ranger doesn't have her weapon like the others. Its exhausting how inconsistent this line is and I'd skip buying them if they did that.

So I'm hoping they either fix some of those things as con exclusives or just finish up Rita's gang and zordon. Squatt, baboo, finster, scorpina, putties, rito, and ranger slayer since we got drakkon.

Since a lot of the monsters and villains have never had any kind of figure It would have been nice if we got monsters of the day as exclusives like they treat heman at the very least, but this line feels abandoned.

Your frustration. But can we talk about how ugly the tigerzord was. I skipped my favorite zord. White ranger mold was probably the best.

i bought everything lol

True fan hahha.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:29 pm

Killua916 wrote:\:D/
Vader92 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

i bought everything lol

True fan hahha.

Yeah.. idk what happened with that tigerzord.. do I have it? Of course haha

Was really hoping after the dragonzord and tiger zord wed get the trex zord...
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:01 am

dmitch86 wrote:
Vader92 wrote:i bought everything lol

True fan hahha.

your signature says it all lol. im proud of this collection lol
OOB Sith pop collector

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:25 am

Vader92 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

True fan hahha.

This whole time I'm talking I didn't even see the sig lmao. That being said the black and gold are my favorites. Can we get a black and gold lord drakkon for next moprhicon pleaseee.

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:11 am

Killua916 wrote:
Vader92 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

This whole time I'm talking I didn't even see the sig lmao. That being said the black and gold are my favorites. Can we get a black and gold lord drakkon for next moprhicon pleaseee.

No pops have been announced for power morphicon yet, I'm really hoping they do another exclusive this year. I loved their exclusives (pop and non funko ones) last time
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
San Diego Comic Con 2007-2019, 2022-2024
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:12 am

philipali wrote:
supenman wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Agreed. They just came out with a toy fair reveal of a pop for star wars that they could use as a basis for Zordon

Oh man i didn't even think of that when i saw it! That is a perfect concept for Zordon.

yup! for sure that's coming! sdcc perhaps?

I hope so! I only managed to get two day tickets this year though before it sold out so fingers crossed I get lucky and get into the funko booth through the exclusives portal
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:14 am

FerrisGuy3 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:Power Ranger line needs a revamp. What ever happened to those renderings that was found in the quid(I think that was the name) app

It would be cool to get them posed with their weapons

I love the idea but why does everyone except for the pink ranger have their weapons? Even the white ranger has his at least visible on his hip.
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:12 am

Flampsy wrote:
FerrisGuy3 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:Power Ranger line needs a revamp. What ever happened to those renderings that was found in the quid(I think that was the name) app

I love the idea but why does everyone except for the pink ranger have their weapons? Even the white ranger has his at least visible on his hip.

Damn I didn’t even noticed that until you mentioned. So rude lol. I honestly still don’t know what this quidd app was. It was like virtual collecting or something I can’t even remeber anymore

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:13 am

Flampsy wrote:
philipali wrote:
supenman wrote:
Oh man i didn't even think of that when i saw it! That is a perfect concept for Zordon.

I hope so! I only managed to get two day tickets this year though before it sold out so fingers crossed I get lucky and get into the funko booth through the exclusives portal

Wow congrats on the ticket! Maybe we’ll see more power ranger love. Still got a bunch of cons incoming.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:16 am

Flampsy wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Vader92 wrote:your signature says it all lol. im proud of this collection lol

No pops have been announced for power morphicon yet, I'm really hoping they do another exclusive this year. I loved their exclusives (pop and non funko ones) last time

That lord drakkon they had that one year was pretty sweet. Too bad I don’t collect actual figures

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:35 am

Killua916 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

That lord drakkon they had that one year was pretty sweet. Too bad I don’t collect actual figures

It was, I bought the figure and two of the pops. I collected the legacy figures, but haven't collected any since they went to Hasbro. Nothing against Hasbro, I just don't need 4 sets of figures
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:37 am

Killua916 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
philipali wrote:

Wow congrats on the ticket! Maybe we’ll see more power ranger love. Still got a bunch of cons incoming.

Thanks! I normally am able to somehow to get 4 days, but Friday and Saturday sold out before I could purchase my badges. Ah well, I'm glad I get to go at all. And there's so much to do outside the con that I'll stay busy. I also saw Funko posted a hint about possibly being at Wonder Con this year, so maybe something power rangers there too.
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:40 am

Flampsy wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:No pops have been announced for power morphicon yet, I'm really hoping they do another exclusive this year. I loved their exclusives (pop and non funko ones) last time

It was, I bought the figure and two of the pops. I collected the legacy figures, but haven't collected any since they went to Hasbro. Nothing against Hasbro, I just don't need 4 sets of figures

I’m still waiting to see what they’re gonna do with the reboot

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:42 am

Killua916 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
FerrisGuy3 wrote:

Damn I didn’t even noticed that until you mentioned. So rude lol. I honestly still don’t know what this quidd app was. It was like virtual collecting or something I can’t even remeber anymore

It is rude! Poor Kim lol (I'm assuming it's Kim since they did the original team's pops without helmets). I never even heard of that app until you mentioned it. If it was virtual collecting, did users make their own renderings?
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:43 am

Killua916 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

Same. Fingers crossed. I doubt it'll ever live up to the fans' expectations, but hopefully they can do it justice
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:09 pm

Flampsy wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:

Same. Fingers crossed. I doubt it'll ever live up to the fans' expectations, but hopefully they can do it justice

So many possibilities with a movie... just hope one is actually made haha
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:02 am

dmitch86 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

Heard they're gonna dabble with time travel. Most likely they're gonna actually utilize all the older actors for maxium fan service. Tommy and Kimbery got robbed with those cameos last movie.

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:42 am

Killua916 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:Same. Fingers crossed. I doubt it'll ever live up to the fans' expectations, but hopefully they can do it justice

Heard they're gonna dabble with time travel. Most likely they're gonna actually utilize all the older actors for maxium fan service. Tommy and Kimbery got robbed with those cameos last movie.

Agreed. They need to pay respect to the original (US version) actors and show that they understand and appreciate both the actors and fans. The MMPR cast was never contacted for cameos for the PR movie, Amy Jo Johnson tried contacting them multiple times and no response, so when she found out JDF got in she managed to get in through him. I forgot how JDF got in.
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:40 am

Come on Funko, we fans need some more PR Pops!, like soon, please! [-o< Just saying. ;)

Zeo needs some love, IMO. :bounce:
:freddy1:

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:07 pm

Mario Wario wrote:Come on Funko, we fans need some more PR Pops!, like soon, please! [-o< Just saying. ;)

Zeo needs some love, IMO. :bounce:

Like maybe something special for SDCC too :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:48 pm

I wonder what being sold to Hasbro did with licensing? I mean there for a while they were on a run, Dragonzord, megazord, tigerzord, then the 25th anniversary pops.

If a new movie is made i'm sure they'll make movie pops

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:51 pm

dmitch86 wrote:I wonder what being sold to Hasbro did with licensing? I mean there for a while they were on a run, Dragonzord, megazord, tigerzord, then the 25th anniversary pops.

A movie will definitely lead to new merch/pops...bet the farm lol

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:05 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:I wonder what being sold to Hasbro did with licensing? I mean there for a while they were on a run, Dragonzord, megazord, tigerzord, then the 25th anniversary pops.

lol so true.. that was the only thing that saved the last movie was how much merch they ended up selling after disappointing box office results

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:17 pm

Flampsy wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

Agreed. They need to pay respect to the original (US version) actors and show that they understand and appreciate both the actors and fans. The MMPR cast was never contacted for cameos for the PR movie, Amy Jo Johnson tried contacting them multiple times and no response, so when she found out JDF got in she managed to get in through him. I forgot how JDF got in.

They were pretty much as minute adds it was so disrespectful. Sorry rant mode incoming it won't take long. A lot of times movies try to be edgy and hyperrealistic. They tried to make costumes more alien because its of alien origins but at the same time it looks nothing influenced of old shows. Sure the series was campy and outdated but I've seen a lot of artists do their own renditions by adding cool details yet maintaining the look. Marvel concept artist said something along the lines of they can do any design they want but if you can squint and it still looks like the source material then its good. Studios never learn that catering to fans is never a bad thing. Look at deadpool and avengers(1) with their comic book accurate/campy costumes. We respect that now.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:19 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

lol so true.. that was the only thing that saved the last movie was how much merch they ended up selling after disappointing box office results

even china market couldn't save them. I watched in theaters smh

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:16 pm

Killua916 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

lol I took my little sister to see it on opening night.. was it what I wanted it to be? No. But honestly I didnt care, it wasnt horrible and it was fun to watch power rangers on the big screen, PLUS it was a great way to introduce a new audience to Power Rangers. Hopefully a new movie is made. A reboot is fine with me, a shattered grid movie could be awesome as well. Really glad the comics took off as well as they did.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:07 pm

Killua916 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

ill refrain from buying figures lol
OOB Sith pop collector

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:09 pm

Flampsy wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Vader92 wrote:your signature says it all lol. im proud of this collection lol

really want the black and gold ranger, possibly other stand out ranger from the years.
OOB Sith pop collector

brown

Postby brown » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:18 pm

I was hoping there would be a pop version of Zordon. They had the mystery mini so thought there would be one coming soon

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:46 pm

:cherry:
dmitch86 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:

lol I took my little sister to see it on opening night.. was it what I wanted it to be? No. But honestly I didnt care, it wasnt horrible and it was fun to watch power rangers on the big screen, PLUS it was a great way to introduce a new audience to Power Rangers. Hopefully a new movie is made. A reboot is fine with me, a shattered grid movie could be awesome as well. Really glad the comics took off as well as they did.

I’m usually okay with new visions and all that but it was really generic. Black ranger was the only character that had a decent backstory. That forced death was meh

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:47 pm

Also there was rarely in fighting and the zords were atrocious.

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:54 pm

Vader92 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:No pops have been announced for power morphicon yet, I'm really hoping they do another exclusive this year. I loved their exclusives (pop and non funko ones) last time

Same have too many lines and figures

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:36 pm

Killua916 wrote:
Vader92 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

I tried to resist the Lightning figures... that didnt work out well haha.

I do hope they have some cool exclusives though

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

geekypeeples

Postby geekypeeples » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:11 pm

With the amount of Rangers from all seasons showing up at cons it would be nice to see some other season representation. I've been MMOPR fan since day one and till today so bring on making more fun
Be well and blessed; g'journey and Keep Lovin' this Pop Life!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:21 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:
Vader92 wrote:ill refrain from buying figures lol

You don’t know how hard it is for me... I didn’t have the figures as a kid so me passing up on it hurts. And they’re way better as well. Have you seen the huge figures at GameStop?

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:27 pm

Killua916 wrote:
dmitch86 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

You don’t know how hard it is for me... I didn’t have the figures as a kid so me passing up on it hurts. And they’re way better as well. Have you seen the huge figures at GameStop?

The line is too nostalgic. Definitely need some will power to try and not purchase this line lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Killua916

Postby Killua916 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:51 pm

dmitch86 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

Gamestop employees try to bait me cuz they had those new ones of the old ones whwre you can flip the head and it morphs

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:28 am

Killua916 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

They were pretty much as minute adds it was so disrespectful. Sorry rant mode incoming it won't take long. A lot of times movies try to be edgy and hyperrealistic. They tried to make costumes more alien because its of alien origins but at the same time it looks nothing influenced of old shows. Sure the series was campy and outdated but I've seen a lot of artists do their own renditions by adding cool details yet maintaining the look. Marvel concept artist said something along the lines of they can do any design they want but if you can squint and it still looks like the source material then its good. Studios never learn that catering to fans is never a bad thing. Look at deadpool and avengers(1) with their comic book accurate/campy costumes. We respect that now.

All of this!! =D>

I've seen a lot of fan art renditions of the costumes too that look more modern and edgy while still being able to tell what the original source material is. I heard a lot of people saying the 2017 uniforms looked more like Iron Man suits than power rangers.

Deadpool especially lol all of the comic references, 4th wall breaks, etc. And everyone loves him for it

There's a fine line between modernizing something while still respecting the original, and turning it into something new and almost unrecognizable.
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:32 am

dmitch86 wrote:
Killua916 wrote:

I managed to refrain, but that's probably moreso because my bank account said so and because my pops are taking up most of the room in my apartment lol I like them and am tempted to buy them, but I keep reminding myself I already have the legacy figures.

Same. I am a sucker for exclusives
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Return to “Pop!”