Parks and Recreation Pop!s

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
xmaldigolax

Re: Parks and Recreation Pop!s

Postby xmaldigolax » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:59 am

brooklyn_geek wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:
buried_by_pops wrote:Does anyone even have confirmation which boxes the Dwyers could be in? Was there a chance for them in both, or even either of, the $25 and the $100 mystery boxes? This all feels very shady and insider-y to me as a relatively new collector. I'm a little disappointed in Funko that 1. they would make something people would clearly want so rare, and 2. they would allow it to be distributed in a way that is so obscured and clearly about the vendor manipulating their customers. Maybe this hobby just isn't for me, but I don't understand why you wouldn't run a business in a way that allowed everyone who wanted your product to get it.

Honestly this is probably the only way they could've released these in the most fair way. If they put these online, people would immediately cry that the bots ate them all up. If a lottery was done, people would complain about how the lottery was done or the odds being not in their favor. If they released them at only conventions to purchase on its own, people would complain that they can't get to these conventions and exhibitors and other people were lined up already. Doing this as a mystery box makes sure that everyone has an equal opportunity to purchase it and has an equal shot to receive it in the box.

It feels insidery and shady because it kinda is... forget the Bots...and I will point this out forever till the end of time...Fugitive routinely hoards their own exclusives, marks them up and sells them slowly over time. It is theirs to do as such with but whenever I hear people talking about how great and fair they are I have to point out how anyone else would be universally shunned for marking up their own pieces 100% plus beyond the original retail as they do year after year. They still "restock" exclusives from 4 years ago...and people here are happy to pay the $100+ for flocked wicket etc. In and of itself that's fine just don't praise them for it when everyone else is called out for it. And mystery boxes are a gimmick that I hate. I will never support em...we have no idea what the odds are or how many were sold but the best move is to sell 4 times as many boxes as you had LE pieces...they are going to make a killing because people want a chance and I am willing to bet money some of these LE pieces pop up in a "restock" at some point in the future. I give it to em, they're smart on making it look like they're doing what's best for the fans but this isn't what it's all about. Great job Fugitive... ;-)

ALEX

HAIL SATAN

Image Image Image

Member of the Legion of Satanic Funatics.

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:01 pm

MasterSplyntr wrote:
MiniDeadpool wrote:So according to Fugitive Toys on facebook, the 25 dollar one will be released within the hour!

I buy lottery tickets so I'll be giving this a shot too lol.

That's how I treated this haha! I probably won't buy the next round, but future CptSailor probably has different plans.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:41 pm

So the first Andy Dwyer has been pulled out of a mystery box already
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

jadekitten

Postby jadekitten » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:14 pm

pberickp wrote:
MasterSplyntr wrote:
pberickp wrote:
I’ve mentioned this a few pages back, but the Daniel LaRusso POP! From Karate Kid with a Starlord Head will get the job done. It’s almost an identical match. With how hard this will be to get, I may have to make my first custom.

Daniel is like a $60 Pop these days plus it’s the frickin Karate Kid! I refuse to decapitate him lol.

I get the sentiment for sure. I was born in 78 so The Karate Kid was a big part of my childhood, but the LE 100 Parks and Rec POP! is going to be so expensive. If you can't get it through the mystery box, unless you're willing to pay really high prices, you won't have another choice. An OOB collector would definitely benefit by putting one together for $80 rather than paying flipper prices.

Yeah, I would rather pay for a custom than pay flipper prices, or support shady mystery boxes that are a blatant cash grab.

thx42

Postby thx42 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:53 am

I bought 2 $100 boxes at SDCC and one $25. Didn’t get an Andy - I got a Comicaze Peter Parker, GITD DJ Lance Rock, and Armored Dawn of Justice Batman.

They said there was 2 chases out of 30 $100 boxes every day. The $100 boxes sold pretty quickly the first two days.
Hi - my name is Kevin - I collect Funko, FiGPiNs, Tiny Ghost, Chomp, Dumpster Fires, LEGO, Hot Wheels, Disney Pins.
IG: thx42, thx42.pops, figpindb
Funko Events: HQ Grand Opening, Funkast 100 Live, Fundays 2018, Fundays 2019, Fundays 2022, Fright Night 2022, FDO 9 Seattle

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:24 am

thx42 wrote:I bought 2 $100 boxes at SDCC and one $25. Didn’t get an Andy - I got a Comicaze Peter Parker, GITD DJ Lance Rock, and Armored Dawn of Justice Batman.

They said there was 2 chases out of 30 $100 boxes every day. The $100 boxes sold pretty quickly the first two days.

Oh wow..
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Angelina

Postby Angelina » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:53 am

Don’t get me wrong, I love The Office but I wish Funko would go all out with the Parks and Rec line the way they are with The Office ones.
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:28 am

Angelina wrote:Don’t get me wrong, I love The Office but I wish Funko would go all out with the Parks and Rec line the way they are with The Office ones.

That would be nice but I don’t think it’ll happen. Parks and Rec is popular but definitely not as popular as The Office.
Hi, I'm Jerry!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:27 pm

TenTwoSix wrote:
Angelina wrote:Don’t get me wrong, I love The Office but I wish Funko would go all out with the Parks and Rec line the way they are with The Office ones.

That would be nice but I don’t think it’ll happen. Parks and Rec is popular but definitely not as popular as The Office.

True. I love both shows so much but The Office has much more of a cult following. It is also much longer (2 seasons and 76 episodes longer).

Angelina

Postby Angelina » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:35 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:

True. I love both shows so much but The Office has much more of a cult following. It is also much longer (2 seasons and 76 episodes longer).

True! But I would really love a Treat yo self self Donna with the head scarf or a drunk dancing Ron with the ladies hat on. Lol!
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:07 pm

Angelina wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
TenTwoSix wrote:

True! But I would really love a Treat yo self self Donna with the head scarf or a drunk dancing Ron with the ladies hat on. Lol!

OMG YES! I think they will make more Parks & Rec pops, just not as many as The Office.

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:47 pm

I wonder if Funko will make more Parks and Rec pops in the future?

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:32 pm

masonfunkocarr wrote:I wonder if Funko will make more Parks and Rec pops in the future?

They just released a new Ron Swanson, so I wouldn't be surprised we'll see more.

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:12 am

kickinit wrote:
masonfunkocarr wrote:I wonder if Funko will make more Parks and Rec pops in the future?

They just released a new Ron Swanson, so I wouldn't be surprised we'll see more.

Yeah we still have too many main characters that need made, plus a ridiculous number of variants they could roll with.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:41 am

I need to rewatch some episodes again for laughs!

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:59 am

rexflexall wrote:I need to rewatch some episodes again for laughs!

I haven’t watched much since i t dropped from Netflix, but I did realize watching with commercials on peacock that it actually is still nice to get a break to grab a snack or something haha

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:02 am

Dbactor wrote:

I haven’t watched much since i t dropped from Netflix, but I did realize watching with commercials on peacock that it actually is still nice to get a break to grab a snack or something haha

Oh man the Peacock!

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:28 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

Oh man the Peacock!

I only used Peacock to watch the New Saved by the Bell... I was curious, and surprised that it wasn’t terrible! Lol
I didn’t even noticed they were gone from Netflix, I own copies of all seasons anyways
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:33 pm

Dbactor wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Yeah we still have too many main characters that need made, plus a ridiculous number of variants they could roll with.

I feel that new Ron was a good sign! Maybe we will get some kind of announcement this week. Funko Fair day 6 is for TV [-o<
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:39 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
kickinit wrote:

I feel that new Ron was a good sign! Maybe we will get some kind of announcement this week. Funko Fair day 6 is for TV [-o<

Fingers Crossed.

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:12 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

Oh man the Peacock!

I only used Peacock to watch the New Saved by the Bell... I was curious, and surprised that it wasn’t terrible! Lol
I didn’t even noticed they were gone from Netflix, I own copies of all seasons anyways

I just have the free version so i haven’t gotten into the library that much. But ill do a deep dive eventually. Gotta finish some other shows first

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:13 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Definitely need Ann, Chris, and Ben!

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:09 am

Dbactor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

I agree! Also would be cool to get something obscure like Tammy 1 or 2 lol

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:49 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

100%

With most shows, I’d love to see more of the guest cast because there are great characters, and they’d actually make great exclusives and LE.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:19 am

Dbactor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

100%

With most shows, I’d love to see more of the guest cast because there are great characters, and they’d actually make great exclusives and LE.

Yes, and there are a ton of those in the show

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:49 am

I got all Saved by the Bell on something they used to call DVDs LOL!

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:22 pm

Hope we get more announced on tv day for funko fair
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:26 pm

rexflexall wrote:I got all Saved by the Bell on something they used to call DVDs LOL!

Were those the things the size of records? lol

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:27 pm

Niteowl_1 wrote:Hope we get more announced on tv day for funko fair

That’s tomorrow!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:52 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
rexflexall wrote:I got all Saved by the Bell on something they used to call DVDs LOL!

Those would be Laserdisc hahahaha!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:00 am

We really need more of these, fingers crossed for later in the year.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:44 am

rexflexall wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I remember those monsters, even back then people didn't know of them.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:30 am

digithor wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I personally have never sat down and watched a Laser disc, or know someone that has. lol

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:45 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

I personally have never sat down and watched a Laser disc, or know someone that has. lol

Back in the day they were really great quality!

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:47 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

I never watched one either, came close to renting a machine and disc once but didn't end up going through with it.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:07 am

NCDS wrote:We really need more of these, fingers crossed for later in the year.

I feel Snake Juice Ron Swanson was a good sign there’s more in the works *fingers crossed*

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:46 am

More Ron Swanson!!!

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:34 am

rexflexall wrote:More Ron Swanson!!!

Agreed, but after (or within) a wave of other characters. He's already the Dwight of this line, although I don't think any of the ones they've made so far were lazy or bad choices. Given the nature of his character, though, I'm worried there is not a super deep well to draw on. Maybe clean shaven with Tammy 1 (possibly chugging moonshine, although thats tough in Pop form), pulling a tooth (again, tough in Pop form), Pawnee Rangers, bundled up for the flu, Halloween pirate, park ranger (in his canoe on a water base!!), sitting at his desk with a Mulligan's birthday steak (I'm thinking the new Homer watching TV from the SImpsons line), or sitting in his exposed desk (and he can spin in the chair!).

Ok, I agree, MORE RON SWANSON!!!

Strending625
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Strending625 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:49 pm

We need a Tammy 2-pack with Tammy 1 and 2!
Brandon
Duty today for a funner tomorrow
Pops: More than my wife needs to know about lol

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:27 pm

Strending625 wrote:We need a Tammy 2-pack with Tammy 1 and 2!

Why not a 3-pack with Tammy 0 (Momma Swanson)?

Return to “Pop!”