Pokemon Pop!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
sambunctious10

Re: Pokemon

Postby sambunctious10 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 pm

One of the starter pokemon every few months is a good pace so I'm not overwhelmed.

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Tusken wrote:
Nemesis989 wrote:It's funny, you can tell that the Bulbasaur announcement is big news. As I loaded up the board this morning I see three separate threads active and discussing the release

I think all the 90's kids are wanting their Pokemon! Look at how quickly Pokemon Go blow up. :freddy3:

It's funny, you called it, I'm a 90s kid, I don't know about any Pokemon outside if the original 151, but I am excited for those
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:03 am

please no, my wallet is not ready.

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:00 am

sambunctious10 wrote:One of the starter pokemon every few months is a good pace so I'm not overwhelmed.

I feel a bit overwhelmed by those Pikachu vinyls coming out every month lol
I love Earthbound :D

Not sure what else to put here

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:19 pm

Joesandwich123 wrote:
sambunctious10 wrote:One of the starter pokemon every few months is a good pace so I'm not overwhelmed.

Ya I don't know what to think about all the Pikachu coming out. It's the new Batman. :freddy3:
Image Image Image Image Image

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:11 pm

Thehueys wrote:
WildberryPOPtarts33 wrote:
Thehueys wrote:
they’re gonna have to build an antire new room at HQ for Pokemon..... and then another if they get Nintendo... I dont think I would leave if I went up and saw all that.

It would be mind boggling lol. For sure!

You walk in and there’s an actual walking talking breathing Pokémon pop. Somehow brought to life.

Hah... I wouldn't put it past them lol.
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Thehueys wrote:
It would be mind boggling lol. For sure!

You walk in and there’s an actual walking talking breathing Pokémon pop. Somehow brought to life.

Hah... I wouldn't put it past them lol.

At that point I wouldnt know if I should be excited or running out of absolute terror lol lol
Been collecting since 2012!! Absolutely love everything funko related. Current pop count of pops in my collection is over 1800 in box and out of box!!

The main line I collect is ad icons. But as soon as more myths come or expect me to go HAM on that line! Absolutely love flocked pops too!!

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:47 pm

Tusken wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:

Ya I don't know what to think about all the Pikachu coming out. It's the new Batman. :freddy3:

At least they won't have the same pose (probably)
I love Earthbound :D

Not sure what else to put here

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:56 pm

I can’t wait for the movie!!!!

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:15 pm

Can't wait to see what is next this year. I heard they were gonna release 4 this year. We got bulbasaur so 3 more to go for the year!
Disney pass holder. Southern Cali! 600+ funko items. Collector since 2014. First pop was ghost rider. Social media freddy holder. Funko pop up shop 2017.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Universal_ghost wrote:Can't wait to see what is next this year. I heard they were gonna release 4 this year. We got bulbasaur so 3 more to go for the year!

I like the idea of only 4 a year. I could keep up with that.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

BattleExile

Postby BattleExile » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:17 pm

It doesnt say only 4 in the year it says "Additional Pokemon will be available each season" - That doesnt say 1 per season. It could be a dozen a season, or it could be just one.

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:56 pm

NCDS wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:Can't wait to see what is next this year. I heard they were gonna release 4 this year. We got bulbasaur so 3 more to go for the year!

Yeah I agree. Just hope they don't make some limited numbered one. Then it would be hard to keep up with it.
Disney pass holder. Southern Cali! 600+ funko items. Collector since 2014. First pop was ghost rider. Social media freddy holder. Funko pop up shop 2017.

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 pm

Universal_ghost wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Yeah I agree. Just hope they don't make some limited numbered one. Then it would be hard to keep up with it.

ya I hope not. I was lucky enough to stumble up on a badly beat up box Pikachu that the flippers didnt want so I snagged it.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:06 pm

MartinMtz702 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:
NCDS wrote:

ya I hope not. I was lucky enough to stumble up on a badly beat up box Pikachu that the flippers didnt want so I snagged it.

This scares me about the line, I have Pikachu (got lucky on the 3rd restock), but if they start limiting them to random cons I am going to have to give up on the idea of a complete set. Though in my case that is nothing new, I have very few complete sets.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:45 am

NCDS wrote:

Likewise and hopefully the future releases aren’t too crazy to get.
:freddy1:

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:22 am

Mario Wario wrote:
NCDS wrote:

They should do maybe 4 a season.
ImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:48 am

1 a quarter? I would be down for 4 a quarter with a mix of Funko Shop mixes in. 151 would take forever if you did 4 a year. :freddy3:

Rara25

Postby Rara25 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:50 am

From what I've heard, the UK won't be getting any Pokemon pops as Funko doesn't hold the EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) license for Pokemon. So we've got to find other means of acquiring them. :( ](*,)

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:14 am

I want Shinings, variants, etc. especially some LE ones. Most of all I would want a proto.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:28 am

Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
NCDS wrote:

That's too many, lol. Though at the amount of pokemon released we wouldn't see them all in our lifetime.

Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:45 am

NCDS wrote:
Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:Likewise and hopefully the future releases aren’t too crazy to get.

That's too many, lol. Though at the amount of pokemon released we wouldn't see them all in our lifetime.

Eggzactly...It's interesting b/c the Pokémon Center store based out of Japan actually have a fairly new plush line of the first series that are slightly larger than beanie babies called Pokémon Fit. They retail about $10 and they released 22 of them during the summer/fall and the rest of the 151 in November. So all 151 can be found at one time.

I don't think Funko can do something like that, but they'll have to release way more than 4 a quarter for us just to get the 151. I guess the question is, how many people would collect all 151 if funko were to do them in pops. It's probably a very small amount just b/c of the sheer qty that people would have to buy. I doubt we will see all 151. Unless the ones no one cares about like Mankeys, Ekans and stuff just show up at cons so Funko wouldn't be stuck w/ a ton of crap pokemon that no one wants.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:10 pm

Jalcmkzv87 wrote:
Mario Wario wrote:
NCDS wrote:

That might be too hectic for me. Lol Yet I guess I would be up for the challenge.

2017fanatic

Re: Pokemon Pop!

Postby 2017fanatic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:30 pm

did anyone get the pokemon center pikachu? I was sleeping :(

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:23 pm

2017fanatic wrote:did anyone get the pokemon center pikachu? I was sleeping :(

I did, but the check out process was a mess. It took me 2 hours last night to complete the purchase...

Jalcmkzv87

Postby Jalcmkzv87 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:44 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Jalcmkzv87 wrote:They should do maybe 4 a season.

Eggzactly...It's interesting b/c the Pokémon Center store based out of Japan actually have a fairly new plush line of the first series that are slightly larger than beanie babies called Pokémon Fit. They retail about $10 and they released 22 of them during the summer/fall and the rest of the 151 in November. So all 151 can be found at one time.

I don't think Funko can do something like that, but they'll have to release way more than 4 a quarter for us just to get the 151. I guess the question is, how many people would collect all 151 if funko were to do them in pops. It's probably a very small amount just b/c of the sheer qty that people would have to buy. I doubt we will see all 151. Unless the ones no one cares about like Mankeys, Ekans and stuff just show up at cons so Funko wouldn't be stuck w/ a ton of crap pokemon that no one wants.

So many pokemon. For the completionist, brace yourself!
ImageImage

mactds

Postby mactds » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Cam said three more Pokemon pops this year!
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

valorandvellum
Rookie of The Year & Spirit

Postby valorandvellum » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:02 pm

Yeah, Bulbasaur looks amazing! I'm going to need ALL of the Pops. Might skip on the other little Pikachu's though... I could totally see the floodgates opening for Pokémon Pops, and should probably try and focus on just one line at a time. :D
Hi, I'm Priscilla! Need a signature badge?

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:20 pm

I think this will be tough to keep up with soon.

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:05 pm

MartinMtz702 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Nice. At least you were able to get one with out hassle.

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:07 pm

NCDS wrote:
MartinMtz702 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:Yeah I agree. Just hope they don't make some limited numbered one. Then it would be hard to keep up with it.

This scares me about the line, I have Pikachu (got lucky on the 3rd restock), but if they start limiting them to random cons I am going to have to give up on the idea of a complete set. Though in my case that is nothing new, I have very few complete sets.

Idk why but my gut tells me at least one will be a con exclusive.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Universal_ghost wrote:
NCDS wrote:
MartinMtz702 wrote:

Idk why but my gut tells me at least one will be a con exclusive.

One always is!

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:06 pm

the only Con exclusive I would approve of would be a Shiny Charizard 10" pop

MartinMtz702

Postby MartinMtz702 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:08 pm

and by Shiny I mean the Black Charizard, not the glitter Edward Cullin skin type of shiny LOL

Annie_May13

Postby Annie_May13 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:19 pm

I’m hoping we get all the starters and classics...I’d love to have Vulpix, Eevee, Jigglypuff, and Mew aside from the starters. Those mini Pikachu figures are a want but Idk if I have space for these if more Pokémon are coming
༻❀༺Girly girl from Texas who loves pink༻❀༺

༻♥༺Dream Pops: Studio Ghibli, Cardcaptor Sakura, more Sailor Moon, Rogue, Pokemon, and FruBa༻♥༺

Image Image ImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 am

valorandvellum wrote:Yeah, Bulbasaur looks amazing! I'm going to need ALL of the Pops. Might skip on the other little Pikachu's though... I could totally see the floodgates opening for Pokémon Pops, and should probably try and focus on just one line at a time. :D

That time is coming when we are flooded when Pokemon maybe 151 of them LOL :freddy3:

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:15 am

MartinMtz702 wrote:the only Con exclusive I would approve of would be a Shiny Charizard 10" pop

That would be AWESOME! :freddy3:

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:02 am

Tusken wrote:
MartinMtz702 wrote:the only Con exclusive I would approve of would be a Shiny Charizard 10" pop

That would be AWESOME! :freddy3:

yuuuuup
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE

valorandvellum

Postby valorandvellum » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:04 pm

Tusken wrote:
valorandvellum wrote:Yeah, Bulbasaur looks amazing! I'm going to need ALL of the Pops. Might skip on the other little Pikachu's though... I could totally see the floodgates opening for Pokémon Pops, and should probably try and focus on just one line at a time. :D

That time is coming when we are flooded when Pokemon maybe 151 of them LOL :freddy3:

My wallet is already shaking in fear! Time to stock up on Top Ramen.
Hi, I'm Priscilla! Need a signature badge?

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:18 pm

valorandvellum wrote:
Tusken wrote:

My wallet is already shaking in fear! Time to stock up on Top Ramen.

hahaha pb sandwiches everyday!

Return to “Pop!”