Ad Icons - McDonalds Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Trujitsu Ninja

Re: Ad Icons - McDonalds Pops! - One Step Closer!

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Wed May 27, 2020 2:03 am

nightbodega wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
:roflmao:

So I wonder with all this going on will production be pushed back and to be honest we still have no date on these pops.

I can only assume production will be pushed back.

Hopefully it’s just that. I can wait.
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed May 27, 2020 9:37 pm

InternationalPopper wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:
Brian literally posted in this thread that they were coming soon so I'm just going to keep holding on to that and believe!!! #UnicornEmoji lol

I'm still holding onto hope.

60 pages and still counting :-" :-" :-" lol lol lol

hahaha. Maybe at 146 pages, we might get them.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Wed May 27, 2020 9:43 pm

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
So I wonder with all this going on will production be pushed back and to be honest we still have no date on these pops.

I hope so.

kelvinwong

Re: Ad Icons - McDonalds Pops! - Sooooon??

Postby kelvinwong » Thu May 28, 2020 12:15 am

nightbodega wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
digithor wrote:
I will take your word for that. :)

McDonald's breakfast is good. Now the rest of the day I can easily pass on it. I think with 4 boys all wanting McDonald's kinda ruined it for me. Can only eat that food every so often.

I occasionally add more flavor to the burgers, like adding BBQ to the Big Mac. Or adding honey and sweet sauce with Hot sauce to the nuggets. Mix them together and give it a try.

Over in Singapore here, we have the McSpicy (Da bomb for spicy chicken sandwich) and we have the Curry sauce over here which is staple for our nuggets. hehe hopefully we get to try more international burgers from Macs.
ImageImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu May 28, 2020 1:11 am

kelvinwong wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
McDonald's breakfast is good. Now the rest of the day I can easily pass on it. I think with 4 boys all wanting McDonald's kinda ruined it for me. Can only eat that food every so often.

I occasionally add more flavor to the burgers, like adding BBQ to the Big Mac. Or adding honey and sweet sauce with Hot sauce to the nuggets. Mix them together and give it a try.

Over in Singapore here, we have the McSpicy (Da bomb for spicy chicken sandwich) and we have the Curry sauce over here which is staple for our nuggets. hehe hopefully we get to try more international burgers from Macs.

Well over here in Canada we have the McMaple, maple syrup on the chicken sandwich. No we don't, I'm just kidding. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu May 28, 2020 1:57 am

nightbodega wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

I hope so.

I’ll just buy a DIY pop and make my own Mc Donald’s pop for now.
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Thu May 28, 2020 11:28 am

kelvinwong wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

McD's BBQ sauce was the first BBQ sauce I tried as a kid and slightly embarrassed to admit, I still love it! After that it was BBQ for almost everything and bye bye ketchup! I do like honey on the nuggets sometimes but that is also a holdover from childhood. I have not tried it with hot sauce! And Curry sauce!? Hmm...I dunno about all that! I wonder what other international sauces we are missing out on here in the US!
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 29, 2020 12:10 am

kelvinwong wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

I saw someone on YouTube post that. Looked so delicious. I don't know if they did it at your McDonalds, but where I'm at, they did international burgers. Some were really good.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 29, 2020 12:12 am

digithor wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

Well over here in Canada we have the McMaple, maple syrup on the chicken sandwich. No we don't, I'm just kidding. lol

I was going to say that sounds like the Spicy McGriddle. That is really good.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 29, 2020 12:13 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:

I'm not that talented. I would need a 3D printer to do that.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 29, 2020 12:16 am

Nerdfulthingz wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

McD's BBQ sauce was the first BBQ sauce I tried as a kid and slightly embarrassed to admit, I still love it! After that it was BBQ for almost everything and bye bye ketchup! I do like honey on the nuggets sometimes but that is also a holdover from childhood. I have not tried it with hot sauce! And Curry sauce!? Hmm...I dunno about all that! I wonder what other international sauces we are missing out on here in the US!

I've seen people post a cheese one and a spicy ginger. The cheese one has my attention. Why would you be embarrased to admit McDs BBQ was the first one BBQ sauce you tried. No shame on that.

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Fri May 29, 2020 12:39 am

nightbodega wrote:
Trujitsu Ninja wrote:
nightbodega wrote:

I'm not that talented. I would need a 3D printer to do that.

Supply’s on the way :cheers: :cheers:

kelvinwong

Postby kelvinwong » Fri May 29, 2020 12:56 am

nightbodega wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

I've seen people post a cheese one and a spicy ginger. The cheese one has my attention. Why would you be embarrased to admit McDs BBQ was the first one BBQ sauce you tried. No shame on that.

Wow. a cheese and SPICY GINGER? now that caught my attention and definitely would want to try that!

hehe i think BBQ sauce is quite universal (we have it over here too) and also the first time i ever had bbq sauce (hehe loved it and actually still do)

Curry sauce rocks man! if you ever have a singapore friend or anyone going over to singapore, ask them to pick up some curry sauce for you to try.
ImageImageImageImage

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Fri May 29, 2020 1:20 pm

nightbodega wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:
kelvinwong wrote:

Haha...I'm not ashamed it was the first BBQ, but that it's still probably my favorite!! lol
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 29, 2020 7:00 pm

Nerdfulthingz wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:

Haha...I'm not ashamed it was the first BBQ, but that it's still probably my favorite!! lol

It is actually my favorite BBQ sauce from most fast food and even sit down style restaurants. McDonald's really knows how to make that sauce.

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 29, 2020 7:01 pm

kelvinwong wrote:
nightbodega wrote:
Nerdfulthingz wrote:

Wow. a cheese and SPICY GINGER? now that caught my attention and definitely would want to try that!

hehe i think BBQ sauce is quite universal (we have it over here too) and also the first time i ever had bbq sauce (hehe loved it and actually still do)

Curry sauce rocks man! if you ever have a singapore friend or anyone going over to singapore, ask them to pick up some curry sauce for you to try.

That's not a bad idea. A curry sauce wouldn't take too much space to bring back. May have to ask for 4 of them lol .

frankiestein_ii

Postby frankiestein_ii » Sat May 30, 2020 12:38 am

still patiently waiting on these!!
Addicted to Pops and Sodas <3 :freddy2:

Love me some Walking Dead and TMNT!

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:14 am

digithor wrote:
popaholic_anonymous wrote:I feel like once they open the doors to the fast food franchise ad icons with McDonald’s, the Burger King, Wendy, and others are just down the road.

Possible, maybe easier to get licensed then.

Burger King's King literally would be the best bobble head, its too good not to be one. Love that freak head, from one to another.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:22 am

Make em all in 10 inch size!!

vegeta84

Postby vegeta84 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:49 pm

A list of all the SDCC 2020 exclusives has gone up and Captain Crook is one of them. Are we really going to get Captain Crook before the main gang?

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:06 pm

vegeta84 wrote:A list of all the SDCC 2020 exclusives has gone up and Captain Crook is one of them. Are we really going to get Captain Crook before the main gang?

Sure seems that way.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:11 am

vegeta84 wrote:A list of all the SDCC 2020 exclusives has gone up and Captain Crook is one of them. Are we really going to get Captain Crook before the main gang?

As long as we get something, that will open the flood gates hopefully.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:12 am

TonyFunkoFreakHead wrote:
digithor wrote:
popaholic_anonymous wrote:I feel like once they open the doors to the fast food franchise ad icons with McDonald’s, the Burger King, Wendy, and others are just down the road.

Burger King's King literally would be the best bobble head, its too good not to be one. Love that freak head, from one to another.

That would be a good one and easy for a freddy version. :)
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:16 am

Can wait for that sdcc ad icon drop. Got to get that Mc Donald’s pop.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:24 pm

yeah i was confused by this also...might be a timing thing given my assumed production setbacks...or its all apart of the plan lol...orrrr that list might be inaccurate haha

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:07 pm

digithor wrote:
digithor wrote:

Dear lord......a freddy version....you literally just killed me, that would be SICK

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:11 pm

If Captain Crook were to be released before the whole gang, I guess it wouldn't be the first time that happened. In the Captain Crunch line, Cozmic Crunch was the first to be released before Captain Crunch.
:freddy3:

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:29 am

digithor wrote:

Dear lord......a freddy version....you literally just killed me, that would be SICK

Maybe we have a better chance of getting one since they've done burger king in the past.
ImageImageImageImage

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:50 am

mongoose12 wrote:

yeah i was confused by this also...might be a timing thing given my assumed production setbacks...or its all apart of the plan lol...orrrr that list might be inaccurate haha

Like every thing else Funko, it's probably a license or COVID19 issue.

For fun knowledge & to reference some of the other members, here is a link to webpage that explains 1) why Funko has issues making McDonald's Pops & 2) Why Puf& Stuf Pops randomly "popped" up. :)

https://peewee.com/2015/04/08/the-mcdonalds-ads-that-mimicked-h-r-pufnstuf/

Brian & sales team are pretty slick.
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:23 am

digithor wrote:
digithor wrote:

Maybe we have a better chance of getting one since they've done burger king in the past.

Great point, I like our odds even more now.

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:21 pm

Can I get a Cartoon moment with the McDonalds license with Constable Big Mac doing a press conference regarding the Motaba virus with Mayor McCheese standing to the side?

"Nothing can kill the Grimace"
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

kappait

Postby kappait » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:07 pm

digithor wrote:

I want Freddy Ronalds, Hamburglars, and Grimaces. Haha
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:58 pm

kappait wrote:
digithor wrote:

Many many of us wait to see that happen.
ImageImageImageImage

TonyFunkoFreakHead

Postby TonyFunkoFreakHead » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:57 am

kappait wrote:
digithor wrote:

Brilliant mate. Freddy Hamburglar would be hilariously awesome. WHo am I kinding, they all would be killer

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:23 am

Need some flocked and metallic!

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:03 pm

If they do mcnuggets, I would really like to see a 6 pack with packaging of a nugget box.
ImageImageImageImage

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:22 am

rexflexall wrote:Need some flocked and metallic!

This would be very cool! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:23 am

digithor wrote:If they do mcnuggets, I would really like to see a 6 pack with packaging of a nugget box.

That's an awesome idea! This would be cool!
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:29 am

SpaceDude wrote:
digithor wrote:If they do mcnuggets, I would really like to see a 6 pack with packaging of a nugget box.

Including a cup of Ranch, the Chase version would have a cup of BBQ sauce and a nugget with a bite mark.
Poppin'

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:29 am

theraven00 wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:

Including a cup of Ranch, the Chase version would have a cup of BBQ sauce and a nugget with a bite mark.

Right! lol
2020 Rookie of the Year
Colorado Funatic

Return to “Pop!”