Gargoyles???

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
jjwspider

Re: Gargoyles???

Postby jjwspider » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:07 pm

Fountaineer wrote:Was anyone else kind of hoping for a Thailog chase variant of Goliath? Just me?

I'm totally with you, Thailog is one of my biggest "wants" from this show, along with an armored Xanatos.

popsnorthwest

Postby popsnorthwest » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:14 pm

jjwspider wrote:I'm totally with you, Thailog is one of my biggest "wants" from this show, along with an armored Xanatos.

Gargoyles are on skyscrapers, next con is NYCC. You know what New York has a lot of? Oh yeah skyscrapers. Who knows maybe he could be a con exclusive.
-- Image-- ....just one more?
-- PopsNorthwest's Collection --

blue85butterfly

Postby blue85butterfly » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:46 pm

CoachJDDesigns wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
blue85butterfly wrote:I'm sure a few of you saw the announcement. So who all plans to get them. The only one we know of for sure is the Demona key chain.

Wait....wha?!?!?!?! @_____@

(Cue intro music)

"One thousand years ago, superstition and the sword ruled. It was a time of darkness. It was a world of fear. It was the age of gargoyles.
Stone by day, warriors by night. We were betrayed by the humans we had sworn to protect, frozen in stone by a magic spell for a thousand years.
Now, here in Manhattan... the spell is broken. And we live again!
We are defenders of the night. We are GARGOYLES!"

One of the coolest intros, Goliaths voice and the music was so awesome!

every time i hear it i get chills

Kenjutsu763

Postby Kenjutsu763 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:00 pm

Man, I LOVED this show as a kid! Weird thing is, all I can remember is how they turn to stone during the day. Probably going to have to pass.
"You're overwhelmed. Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?"- Dick Grayson, Young Justice 1x01

Collection: Ask, and I'll send a link ;)
ISO: Monk Tang(Gold)
Signature from soliquenl https://soliquenl.deviantart.com/

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:11 pm

one of the few lines I've picked up every pop so far.

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:21 pm

popsnorthwest wrote:
jjwspider wrote:I'm totally with you, Thailog is one of my biggest "wants" from this show, along with an armored Xanatos.

Gargoyles are on skyscrapers, next con is NYCC. You know what New York has a lot of? Oh yeah skyscrapers. Who knows maybe he could be a con exclusive.

Or, you know, the show was set in Manhattan, and the Gargoyles took on names of boroughs/locations in NYC. lol

popsnorthwest

Postby popsnorthwest » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:48 pm

Chase Variant wrote:Or, you know, the show was set in Manhattan, and the Gargoyles took on names of boroughs/locations in NYC. lol

Yes, that was what I was getting at.. lol lol lol

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:09 am

popsnorthwest wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:Or, you know, the show was set in Manhattan, and the Gargoyles took on names of boroughs/locations in NYC. lol

Haven't the NYCC pops been announced though? I would love more gargoyles.

I still think Goliath should have been a 6 inch pop.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:10 am

popsnorthwest wrote:

Haven't the NYCC pops been announced though? I would love more gargoyles.

Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

popsnorthwest

Postby popsnorthwest » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:59 am

dmitch86 wrote:Haven't the NYCC pops been announced though? I would love more gargoyles.

A few exclusives from NYCC have been announced but I believe most are still hush hush. I would love to see a David Xanatos in his gargoyle armor suit, and then Thailog for sure, maybe even a Coldstone!

ryusilva23

Postby ryusilva23 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:26 am

The Pack, their human forms and also their forms they took when they couldn't match the Gargoyles strength. So many possibilities with the Gargoyles line, Puck is another favorite.

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:43 pm

A 2-pack with an unhelmeted Xanathos in battle armor and a Steel Clan robot.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:36 am

Here's to hoping for some NYCC exclusives... it would be so fitting

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

TiniTinyTony

Postby TiniTinyTony » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:52 pm

Anyone having luck locating the Target exclusive Stone Goliath in their area? I'm in the Philadelphia area and haven't seen one or any Gargoyles at Target for that matter.

Only luck I've had is at FYE, Hot Topic, and a store called Mind Games (based out of California).

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:01 pm

TiniTinyTony wrote:Anyone having luck locating the Target exclusive Stone Goliath in their area? I'm in the Philadelphia area and haven't seen one or any Gargoyles at Target for that matter.

Only luck I've had is at FYE, Hot Topic, and a store called Mind Games (based out of California).

Don’t think he’s out yet. People will start posting DPCIs and BrickSeek trackers once he drops.

TiniTinyTony

Postby TiniTinyTony » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:03 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:Anyone having luck locating the Target exclusive Stone Goliath in their area? I'm in the Philadelphia area and haven't seen one or any Gargoyles at Target for that matter.

Don’t think he’s out yet. People will start posting DPCIs and BrickSeek trackers once he drops.

I've seen him on eBay for outrageous prices so I thought he may be out. I hope people post the info when it becomes available. He's the only one left I have to find. :)

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:09 pm

TiniTinyTony wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

I've seen him on eBay for outrageous prices so I thought he may be out. I hope people post the info when it becomes available. He's the only one left I have to find. :)

All the ones I see on eBay are pre-orders. Also, I believe Funko HQ sells some store exclusives early sometimes, so if you see an in-hand sale, check to see if the seller is based in WA.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:08 am

Chase Variant wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

All the ones I see on eBay are pre-orders. Also, I believe Funko HQ sells some store exclusives early sometimes, so if you see an in-hand sale, check to see if the seller is based in WA.

Think he could end up being a NYCC? Target had Stone trollhunter shared comicon exclusives before.... this is Goliath and it is NYCC...

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:18 am

Chase Variant wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

Think he could end up being a NYCC? Target had Stone trollhunter shared comicon exclusives before.... this is Goliath and it is NYCC...

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:19 am

dmitch86 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:I've seen him on eBay for outrageous prices so I thought he may be out. I hope people post the info when it becomes available. He's the only one left I have to find. :)

No, an NYCC Pop would be announced separately.

TiniTinyTony

Postby TiniTinyTony » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:22 pm

I semi wonder if it's the poor selling of the Star Wars Pops i.e. Snoke, Rose, etc, that the Target stores near me have not gotten the Stone Goliath yet. But again, it hasn't stopped the shipment of the Janet Van Dyne Target exclusive. My Target has 8-10 of those that haven't sold in weeks. I hope Target gets a case of Stone Goliaths soon. Any news on a shipment date?

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:48 pm

TiniTinyTony wrote:I semi wonder if it's the poor selling of the Star Wars Pops i.e. Snoke, Rose, etc, that the Target stores near me have not gotten the Stone Goliath yet. But again, it hasn't stopped the shipment of the Janet Van Dyne Target exclusive. My Target has 8-10 of those that haven't sold in weeks. I hope Target gets a case of Stone Goliaths soon. Any news on a shipment date?

Same here!! 3 of my targets still have the sandlot two pack.. and the JVD exclusives.. still no sign of Twinkies or anything else

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:01 pm

We've got a dozen Janets at our target as well..

Maybe they should move Janet to the pop up shop for the bots!

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Mel522

Postby Mel522 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:34 am

My Target shows a set day for stone Goliath as 9/30.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Mel522 wrote:My Target shows a set day for stone Goliath as 9/30.

This is awesome.. thank you very much!

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

TiniTinyTony

Postby TiniTinyTony » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:19 pm

Mel522 wrote:My Target shows a set day for stone Goliath as 9/30.

Can you share the following information from target.com please?

TCIN:
UPC:
Item Number (DPCI):

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:53 pm

I hope Funko comes up with Goliath wearing the eye of Odin like in Season 3.

TiniTinyTony

Postby TiniTinyTony » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Here's the info I found concerning Stone Goliath:

DPCI: 323-01-2250
UPC: 889698309561

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:40 am

TiniTinyTony wrote:Here's the info I found concerning Stone Goliath:

DPCI: 323-01-2250
UPC: 889698309561

Awesome thank you!!

- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

TiniTinyTony

Postby TiniTinyTony » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:46 am

So I've been checking BrickSeek periodically, and a Target store about 30 minutes away from me showed that they had it "In Stock". Last night, I called the store and the sales associate didn't see it on the shelf, but mentioned that it may be in stock aka in the back of the store. The associate then mentioned a street date of October 5th.

This morning, I called another Target store that showed "In Stock" on BrickSeek, and they also confirmed that the item has a street date of Oct 5.

So, good news, it looks like it's making its way to stores now for it to be sold in two weeks from today.

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Ya.. my Target told me the same this morning. Thats going to be one crazy morning! I can only imagine the chaos.

alexbeillin

Postby alexbeillin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:55 pm

Dumplingbox wrote:I want a stone version so I can mount them all over my room shelf corners.

This is an awesome idea!

TiniTinyTony

Postby TiniTinyTony » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:52 pm

SithLord wrote:Ya.. my Target told me the same this morning. Thats going to be one crazy morning! I can only imagine the chaos.

Seriously, do you really think it's going to be that crazy?

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:11 pm

TiniTinyTony wrote:
SithLord wrote:Ya.. my Target told me the same this morning. Thats going to be one crazy morning! I can only imagine the chaos.

There are multiple Target Exclusive Pops that are going to be released that day.

SithLord

Postby SithLord » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:12 pm

TiniTinyTony wrote:

I believe it is.. a lot of people want to get their hands on these for various reasons. Look at all of the horror stories for other random pops. Look at the horror stories that we have heard or have seen over the years for non-funko toys that were in limited quanity! From cabbage patch kids to tickle me elmo, and on.. people go nuts around this time of year leading to xmas! Just recently someone posted a news broadcast about someone getting robbed for a twnikie the kid! I would like to be optimistic but I’m also not going to kid myself to think everything is going to go smooth

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:36 pm

blue85butterfly wrote:
CoachJDDesigns wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
Wait....wha?!?!?!?! @_____@

(Cue intro music)

"One thousand years ago, superstition and the sword ruled. It was a time of darkness. It was a world of fear. It was the age of gargoyles.
Stone by day, warriors by night. We were betrayed by the humans we had sworn to protect, frozen in stone by a magic spell for a thousand years.
Now, here in Manhattan... the spell is broken. And we live again!
We are defenders of the night. We are GARGOYLES!"

One of the coolest intros, Goliaths voice and the music was so awesome!

every time i hear it i get chills

I used to look forward to this every Saturday morning!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Chase Variant

Postby Chase Variant » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:14 pm

SithLord wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:

I believe it is.. a lot of people want to get their hands on these for various reasons. Look at all of the horror stories for other random pops. Look at the horror stories that we have heard or have seen over the years for non-funko toys that were in limited quanity! From cabbage patch kids to tickle me elmo, and on.. people go nuts around this time of year leading to xmas! Just recently someone posted a news broadcast about someone getting robbed for a twnikie the kid! I would like to be optimistic but I’m also not going to kid myself to think everything is going to go smooth

I'm not /too/ worried about Goliath, but it's going to be a pain with all those other Exclusives dropping on the same day.

Ace+ 76

Postby Ace+ 76 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:18 pm

I am only missing the Stone Goliath which is coming out at Target.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:29 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
SithLord wrote:
TiniTinyTony wrote:Seriously, do you really think it's going to be that crazy?

I'm not /too/ worried about Goliath, but it's going to be a pain with all those other Exclusives dropping on the same day.

Think that's like 10 exclusives being dropped on that day at Target now? Good luck everyone!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

FiguredRetro

Postby FiguredRetro » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Wow.

This is why I'd rather pay more on eBay or what not, than have to deal with this insanity. Not worth it.
:freddy1:
POPs: 1100
Dorbz: 26
Pint Size: 21
Funko's: 7
Soda: 2
Vinyl: 1

Return to “Pop!”