Myth Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
anime23

Re: Myth Pops!

Postby anime23 » Thu May 31, 2018 1:51 pm

everysaintsins wrote:A 10-inch Kraken could be so cool looking.

OHHHH The Kraken. The fact that those colossal squids washed up on the shores of Aussieland makes you wonder if it was all just myth...ok ill take my tin foil hat off.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu May 31, 2018 9:24 pm

anime23 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:
I had a friend of mine send a picture of a guy who cut all these people in line at barnes and noble for that chrome black batman i think it was. He did this because he walked in with a gun strapped to his side as he was in a state that allowed that. Really p*** me off seeing it. Intimidation.

Stuff like that is so crazy!! It is supposed to be a fun HOBBY!! Not something to go that crazy about [-X [-X it really looses it's fun when people do stuff that.

LOL i just realized that it censored me. Oops sorry I didn't think that was a bad word. But yes it does and it was unnecessary. Barnes should have made them leave. They can say they don't allow them in stores.

Yeah, it just seems so unnecessary to bring a weapon if your sole purpose for bringing it is to intimidate everyone else into letting you in first so you can cut to get the items you want first. It encourages that person to do that more often and to do that bad behavior.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu May 31, 2018 9:25 pm

runtodere wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:
runtodere wrote:Nice. I keep thinking some kind of whale monster in the ocean. Humbolt-squid-like?

That would be a sweet monster for sure.

The more I think about it the more I like it. I wish I could use photoshop to mock one up

LOL - I know right, I wish I had those types of skills!! lol lol :roflmao: :roflmao:

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:02 am

dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Stuff like that is so crazy!! It is supposed to be a fun HOBBY!! Not something to go that crazy about [-X [-X it really looses it's fun when people do stuff that.

LOL i just realized that it censored me. Oops sorry I didn't think that was a bad word. But yes it does and it was unnecessary. Barnes should have made them leave. They can say they don't allow them in stores.

Yeah, it just seems so unnecessary to bring a weapon if your sole purpose for bringing it is to intimidate everyone else into letting you in first so you can cut to get the items you want first. It encourages that person to do that more often and to do that bad behavior.

That is unreal and definitely not cool. I’m old enough and feisty enough to call someone out, not that I have to have it but I’m not going to allow someone use intimidation to bypass the line.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

yanban

Postby yanban » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:06 am

dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Stuff like that is so crazy!! It is supposed to be a fun HOBBY!! Not something to go that crazy about [-X [-X it really looses it's fun when people do stuff that.

That's insane. If you're willing to go that far for a pop, I'll give it to you

zwahelian

Postby zwahelian » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:21 am

In the future when the world is turned into a post-apocalyptic wasteland, the only currency is Funko Pop! where men live and die by these collectibles. Even Olaf has been cleaned out of abandoned Walgreens stores.
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:30 am

:D
zwahelian wrote:In the future when the world is turned into a post-apocalyptic wasteland, the only currency is Funko Pop! where men live and die by these collectibles. Even Olaf has been cleaned out of abandoned Walgreens stores.
:freddy2:

Funko Patch & Pin Club Member
San Diego Chapter
Vest Up!!!!!!

rosevanngo

Postby rosevanngo » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:31 am

runtodere wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:
runtodere wrote:Nice. I keep thinking some kind of whale monster in the ocean. Humbolt-squid-like?

The more I think about it the more I like it. I wish I could use photoshop to mock one up

A mock up would be very good to see. I think that someone here could make a great looking one.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:41 am

dolphinax2 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:

That is unreal and definitely not cool. I’m old enough and feisty enough to call someone out, not that I have to have it but I’m not going to allow someone use intimidation to bypass the line.

I'm that borderline where I would want to but afraid that person might be crazy and try to use that thing :eek: :eek:

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:19 am

rosevanngo wrote:
runtodere wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

A mock up would be very good to see. I think that someone here could make a great looking one.

hint hint hint!

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:33 pm

yanban wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:

The guy probably had no intention of pulling it on anyone just hoped that it was enough to make people move out of his way. Still its awful thing to do
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:37 pm

anime23 wrote:
yanban wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Yeah, it just seems so unnecessary to bring a weapon if your sole purpose for bringing it is to intimidate everyone else into letting you in first so you can cut to get the items you want first. It encourages that person to do that more often and to do that bad behavior.

The guy probably had no intention of pulling it on anyone just hoped that it was enough to make people move out of his way. Still its awful thing to do

Right! It's unacceptable.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:47 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:

though you never really know if someone is crazy enough to start shooting...

Image Image

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:23 pm

I think a Medusa Pop! would look out of this world.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:55 pm

anime23 wrote:
yanban wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Yeah, it just seems so unnecessary to bring a weapon if your sole purpose for bringing it is to intimidate everyone else into letting you in first so you can cut to get the items you want first. It encourages that person to do that more often and to do that bad behavior.

Yeah, it’s an awful thing to do even if he had no intention of using it. [-( [-(

anime23

Postby anime23 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:45 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:
yanban wrote:That's insane. If you're willing to go that far for a pop, I'll give it to you

Yeah, it’s an awful thing to do even if he had no intention of using it. [-( [-(

Now see if Barnes and Noble could get their site to not crash people wouldn't have to deal with that mess

Image Image

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:45 pm

anime23 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:

Now see if Barnes and Noble could get their site to not crash people wouldn't have to deal with that mess

They still have a few months to get it together!

anime23

Postby anime23 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:46 am

dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Yeah, it’s an awful thing to do even if he had no intention of using it. [-( [-(

They still have a few months to get it together!

Lol they do, ,we can only hope

Image Image

yanban

Postby yanban » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:05 am

dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:
yanban wrote:That's insane. If you're willing to go that far for a pop, I'll give it to you

Agree. Intention or not, if the wrong circumstances occur, you never know what happens right?

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:53 pm

yanban wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:

Agree. Intention or not, if the wrong circumstances occur, you never know what happens right?

Yeah, accidents can happen unfortunately.

MissKitty

Postby MissKitty » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:20 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:

First of all....funny she got censored!! Ha and as for people like that, they need to be called out. We all collectively need to weed out these bad eggs. This is a happy place where everyone should feel safe and have a fun time.

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:17 pm

MissKitty wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:

First of all....funny she got censored!! Ha and as for people like that, they need to be called out. We all collectively need to weed out these bad eggs. This is a happy place where everyone should feel safe and have a fun time.

I just can't imagine going to a retail store and having someone with a weapon bypass the line of people who have been waiting. Really, what kind of person does this?
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

Vader27

Postby Vader27 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:04 pm

Coqui79 wrote:Anything in Greek mythology will be amazing. They can use God Of War as a start as their character desings are great
Cerberus
Medusa
Hydra
Minatour
Centaur
Pegasus
Cyclops

I would love to see these.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:35 pm

dolphinax2 wrote:
MissKitty wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:That is unreal and definitely not cool. I’m old enough and feisty enough to call someone out, not that I have to have it but I’m not going to allow someone use intimidation to bypass the line.

I just can't imagine going to a retail store and having someone with a weapon bypass the line of people who have been waiting. Really, what kind of person does this?

A weenie :evil: :evil:

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:37 pm

MissKitty wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:

I agree. It would take a collective effort for people to call someone out. If it were just one person (unless it were a store employee) they would likely just ignore that one person inline).

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:57 pm

I would love to see a Chimera Pop!

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:31 pm

Icarus and Daedalus ... most people would have forgotten who they were.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:34 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:

Why would people even bring weapons into our world of collecting Funko... Just makes me feel sad when i see stuff like this. Agreed B&N should have made a stand.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

mactds

Postby mactds » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:24 pm

Vader27 wrote:
Coqui79 wrote:Anything in Greek mythology will be amazing. They can use God Of War as a start as their character desings are great
Cerberus
Medusa
Hydra
Minatour
Centaur
Pegasus
Cyclops

I would love to see these.

Spot on, was just thinking of Pegasus today, and how creat it would be as a pop.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:59 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
anime23 wrote:

Why would people even bring weapons into our world of collecting Funko... Just makes me feel sad when i see stuff like this. Agreed B&N should have made a stand.

Not only is there the risk of an accident happening (no matter what, accidents happen in this world) but like I said, it just encourages this person to continue bad behavior.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Yeah why stop at a line for B&N when you can do it for so many other things and try to get away with it..
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:40 pm

No Myth Pops for SDCC, so when do you think we’ll see the next ones?
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

popsnorthwest

Postby popsnorthwest » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:02 pm

Jortega321 wrote:No Myth Pops for SDCC, so when do you think we’ll see the next ones?

I was really sad that SDCC didnt have the next Myths Pop! Who knows when we will see the next one hopefully at SDCC...
Bigfoot needs more friends!
-- Image-- ....just one more?
-- PopsNorthwest's Collection --

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:05 pm

popsnorthwest wrote:
Jortega321 wrote:No Myth Pops for SDCC, so when do you think we’ll see the next ones?

I was really sad that SDCC didnt have the next Myths Pop! Who knows when we will see the next one hopefully at SDCC...

Being that NJ is so close to NY, maybe we can get a Jersey Devil for NYCC.
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

popsnorthwest

Postby popsnorthwest » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:15 pm

Jortega321 wrote:Being that NJ is so close to NY, maybe we can get a Jersey Devil for NYCC.

I was thinking since SDCC is literally right next to Mexico we would definitely get the Chupacabra.....but sadly we didnt....
I will be hopeful that NYCC will bring the Jersey Devil or another Myth creature.
-- Image-- ....just one more?
-- PopsNorthwest's Collection --

zwahelian

Postby zwahelian » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:08 pm

popsnorthwest wrote:

I was bummed too, but good things come to those who wait so we just have to wait a little bit longer for the next Myths Pop. I’ll keep my fingers and toes crossed for NYCC to unveil the next Myths character.
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

Popwarrior86

Postby Popwarrior86 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:35 am

BerserkerBlack wrote:I hope It'll be an interesting mix between Mythological creatures and Cryptids. Hoping to see Mothman, Chupacabra, Yeti (It'll probably be a repaint of Bigfoot lol ), Nessie, Minotaur, Sphinx, Chimera, Griffin etc etc

Chimera and sphinx would be so cool even the Griffin would be badazz

Popwarrior86

Postby Popwarrior86 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:37 am

BerserkerBlack wrote:I hope It'll be an interesting mix between Mythological creatures and Cryptids. Hoping to see Mothman, Chupacabra, Yeti (It'll probably be a repaint of Bigfoot lol ), Nessie, Minotaur, Sphinx, Chimera, Griffin etc etc

Chimera and sphinx would be so cool even the Griffin would be badazz

Tyr0ners

Postby Tyr0ners » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:38 pm

That Snowy Bigfoot is a must have for my collection. Looks like my onky hope is to get it from the Funko Shop because there isn't any possible way to make it out to Fan Expo in Toronto Canada.
Hey there! My name is Tyrone.
Pop Collector of: Legendary Creatures and Myths, Spastik Plastik, Naruto and Fallout.

ImageImage ImageImage Image Image

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:39 am

Love the Bigfoot with ice cream for the Montreal Fan Expo. I really hope they keep this line going.
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC