Myth Pops!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Jortega321

Re: Myth Pops!

Postby Jortega321 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:16 pm

IFIXTHINGS wrote:
lililovesbac0n wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:Yeah I dont think I could have duende pops. Be right size too. Forget that lol

I'm already getting scared just because of this convo haha

I didn't even realize they'd be the right size lol that one would definitely stay in box. Don't need one falling off my shelf and scaring the life out of me lmao

You guys are too funny!
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

PopYouOff

Postby PopYouOff » Thu May 24, 2018 11:19 pm

Popwarrior86 wrote:Carolina swamp cat or chubacabra pop

I need a Chupacabra !!!

Make it GITD and its game over !!
:freddy2: What Would You Do For A Funko

PopYouOff

Postby PopYouOff » Thu May 24, 2018 11:21 pm

They need to make a Medusa with GITD snake hair !

lililovesbac0n

Postby lililovesbac0n » Thu May 24, 2018 11:51 pm

Jortega321 wrote:
IFIXTHINGS wrote:
lililovesbac0n wrote:

I didn't even realize they'd be the right size lol that one would definitely stay in box. Don't need one falling off my shelf and scaring the life out of me lmao

You guys are too funny!

I forgot about this & now I'm scared all over again!

ig: funk.outta.here

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Fri May 25, 2018 10:51 am

IFIXTHINGS wrote:
lililovesbac0n wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:Yeah I dont think I could have duende pops. Be right size too. Forget that lol

Na sleep with it next to your bed lol oob
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Fri May 25, 2018 10:54 am

I hadn't heard about the swamp cat so had to look it up. Pretty cool and not going to lie would freak out if I saw a real life panther in front of me
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

Twofu

Postby Twofu » Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Coqui79 wrote:Anything in Greek mythology will be amazing. They can use God Of War as a start as their character desings are great
Cerberus
Medusa
Hydra
Minatour
Centaur
Pegasus
Cyclops

Whew, those are amazing choices. Would love to see a Medusa one

rosevanngo

Postby rosevanngo » Fri May 25, 2018 2:28 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:Jersey devil would be cool. If like to see the chupacabra and Mexican myth la llorona

I'm all over the Chupacabra...Goat sucker!

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Fri May 25, 2018 3:55 pm

rosevanngo wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:Jersey devil would be cool. If like to see the chupacabra and Mexican myth la llorona

I remember the first time I saw the Chupacabra on an episode of Supernatural.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

rosevanngo

Postby rosevanngo » Fri May 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Lexi wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

You know Lexi...you know. We need this to happen.

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Fri May 25, 2018 5:06 pm

rosevanngo wrote:
Lexi wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

Right? It would be so cool. Hope that it does happen. I know at ECCC they had Bigfoot, wonder if they will have something at SDCC.
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri May 25, 2018 8:38 pm

PopYouOff wrote:They need to make a Medusa with GITD snake hair !

That would be awesome!!

Nemesis989

Postby Nemesis989 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:41 pm

Rickakatuna wrote:
IFIXTHINGS wrote:
lililovesbac0n wrote:

"If you should die before you wake....."
Thank you everyone for this awesome community

lililovesbac0n

Postby lililovesbac0n » Fri May 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Nemesis989 wrote:
Rickakatuna wrote:
IFIXTHINGS wrote:

"If you should die before you wake....."

[-X [-(

ig: funk.outta.here

PopYouOff

Postby PopYouOff » Fri May 25, 2018 10:53 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
PopYouOff wrote:They need to make a Medusa with GITD snake hair !

That would be awesome!!

that would be a great addition !

rosevanngo

Postby rosevanngo » Sat May 26, 2018 12:22 am

Lexi wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:
Lexi wrote:I remember the first time I saw the Chupacabra on an episode of Supernatural.

Right? It would be so cool. Hope that it does happen. I know at ECCC they had Bigfoot, wonder if they will have something at SDCC.

Good call on the Bigfoot. I hope that they do follow through with this series because it would be so cool and appropriate.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sat May 26, 2018 10:20 am

rosevanngo wrote:
Lexi wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

Good call on the Bigfoot. I hope that they do follow through with this series because it would be so cool and appropriate.

Hmm, I didn't think about that. This could be something where they have one at each con. The line is as mythical as the beasts themselves...

rosevanngo

Postby rosevanngo » Sun May 27, 2018 4:34 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:
Lexi wrote:Right? It would be so cool. Hope that it does happen. I know at ECCC they had Bigfoot, wonder if they will have something at SDCC.

Hmm, I didn't think about that. This could be something where they have one at each con. The line is as mythical as the beasts themselves...

Yup exactly! A different one at each Con or location that would mean that the Mythical Beast could be ones from the home town con. Almost like the city origin.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Jortega321 wrote:

lol I forgot about the chupacabra!

haha! I was about to mention that! lol lol lol lol
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

anime23

Postby anime23 » Sun May 27, 2018 5:46 pm

I thought a jackalope existed until last week so... Lol jk
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun May 27, 2018 6:26 pm

rosevanngo wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

Yup exactly! A different one at each Con or location that would mean that the Mythical Beast could be ones from the home town con. Almost like the city origin.

That would be a pretty cool idea actually

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Sun May 27, 2018 7:34 pm

rosevanngo wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

Personally, I think that would be a terrible idea, (not a slight against you specifically) but would be a real easy way to just kill the line right off the bat. I guess it puts me in the minority and makes me not a true Funko fan or collector (or so I've been told), but I've never understood why some people actually want Pop!s or whatever to be harder for their fellow Funatics to get and way more expensive on the secondary market. No one should have to shell out triple digits to get to obtain a Pop! that they want. That's not what Funko was about when the started and it shouldn't be what it's about now.

I do hope we see more from this line, but I most certainly do NOT hope they're all going to be convention exclusives.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:48 pm

We need a Loch Ness Monster already

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun May 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Quazimoto wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Hmm, I didn't think about that. This could be something where they have one at each con. The line is as mythical as the beasts themselves...

Personally, I think that would be a terrible idea, (not a slight against you specifically) but would be a real easy way to just kill the line right off the bat. I guess it puts me in the minority and makes me not a true Funko fan or collector (or so I've been told), but I've never understood why some people actually want Pop!s or whatever to be harder for their fellow Funatics to get and way more expensive on the secondary market. No one should have to shell out triple digits to get to obtain a Pop! that they want. That's not what Funko was about when the started and it shouldn't be what it's about now.

I do hope we see more from this line, but I most certainly do NOT hope they're all going to be convention exclusives.

I totally see where you are coming from. I don’t think it makes you less of a collector, different strokes for different folks. I honestly think there should be two kinds. There could be a more common version available for everyone and a flocked, gitd, or con exclusive version. They could come out with the con exclusive version first and the common later on down the line but I agree with you, when something comes out only out a con it makes it so only the secondary market is the place to obtain the piece.

Quazimoto

Postby Quazimoto » Sun May 27, 2018 9:07 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

I totally see where you are coming from. I don’t think it makes you less of a collector, different strokes for different folks. I honestly think there should be two kinds. There could be a more common version available for everyone and a flocked, gitd, or con exclusive version. They could come out with the con exclusive version first and the common later on down the line but I agree with you, when something comes out only out a con it makes it so only the secondary market is the place to obtain the piece.

That's totally something I could get behind. Common version easily available and a different/specialty one at cons. Kinda makes it so everyone can get it in some form.

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon May 28, 2018 1:22 am

rosevanngo wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

Wow, that is a great idea, I remember a number of mythical creatures on Grimm too.
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

Weho7SD

Postby Weho7SD » Mon May 28, 2018 1:24 am

There’s so many possibilities and I want to see them ALL

rosevanngo

Postby rosevanngo » Mon May 28, 2018 1:45 am

Quazimoto wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:Hmm, I didn't think about that. This could be something where they have one at each con. The line is as mythical as the beasts themselves...

No offense taken. I totally respect your point of view. Isn't this what the board is about. The ability to voice our opinions and our loves for Funko. I can totally see where you are coming from. It is truly frustrating when we can't get the Pops we want and in turn we have to turn to a third party of some sort that ultimately cost us tons of extra money. Pops were designed for our love of the vinyl toy collections as well as seeing what we love represented in a vinyl toy format. I truly believe that Funko never intended it to be a situation where we all have to pay more but it has come to that. I feel we all want to have a voice and a say in how we can get our Pops/Funko products and not have to pay an arm and a leg. I guess in the end I see your thoughts and understand where you are coming from. The real question is how do we get this trend to reverse itself.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon May 28, 2018 10:02 am

Quazimoto wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:

That's totally something I could get behind. Common version easily available and a different/specialty one at cons. Kinda makes it so everyone can get it in some form.

Yeah, I think this way it would keep most collectors happy. Everyone would be able to obtain the figure in some way.

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Mon May 28, 2018 8:00 pm

Chubacabra is a must!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon May 28, 2018 8:17 pm

rosevanngo wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

Hmmm. So what goes with SDCC?

OriginalDuffy

Postby OriginalDuffy » Mon May 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Im hoping to see greek gods like posideon and hades ect. They are myths
Image Image
Image Image

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon May 28, 2018 10:29 pm

runtodere wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

Maybe the chupacabra since Mexico is so close to San Diego?

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 pm

Chubacabra would be sweet.
Fundays 16’, 17’, 18’, 19’, 22’, FDO8 Chicago, FunkyHundo, Hollywood Grand Opening, Fright Night 22, MaskOWeen 22’, AquaSox Opening night, SDCC 9 years running, NYCC 6 years running and so much more. Largest Pokemon Prototype collector.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue May 29, 2018 9:06 am

rosevanngo wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

No offense taken. I totally respect your point of view. Isn't this what the board is about. The ability to voice our opinions and our loves for Funko. I can totally see where you are coming from. It is truly frustrating when we can't get the Pops we want and in turn we have to turn to a third party of some sort that ultimately cost us tons of extra money. Pops were designed for our love of the vinyl toy collections as well as seeing what we love represented in a vinyl toy format. I truly believe that Funko never intended it to be a situation where we all have to pay more but it has come to that. I feel we all want to have a voice and a say in how we can get our Pops/Funko products and not have to pay an arm and a leg. I guess in the end I see your thoughts and understand where you are coming from. The real question is how do we get this trend to reverse itself.

While I get where you are coming from and respect your point of view as well, its a bit too late to be worried about not being able to get a pop because its limited to a con or location. It's like NYC statue of liberty Freddy or space needle Freddy. That basically says limited pieces shouldn't and don't exist. If they become convention exclusives, thats when utilizing the boards comes into play and making friends and helping out may work in your favor. It is annoying and it sucks, but Funko is growing and expanding by the day and more fans are casually walking into the hobby. At this point, we all have the same issue and have found different ways to battle the madness. The trend is not getting reversed at all, but an alternative is as simple as making friends and helping each other out to the best of the ability.
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

DB13

Postby DB13 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:46 am

I would like to see a Medusa , Hydra and Cyclops for sure! As for my state (South Carolina) maybe they could make the Legendary Lizard Man ! LOL
Pop!: 3005
Hikari: 10
Mystery mini: 274
Dorbz: 244
Wacky Wobbler: 8
Reaction: 1
Vinyl - 9
Plush - 30

rosevanngo

Postby rosevanngo » Tue May 29, 2018 10:23 am

91shawny wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:
Quazimoto wrote:

While I get where you are coming from and respect your point of view as well, its a bit too late to be worried about not being able to get a pop because its limited to a con or location. It's like NYC statue of liberty Freddy or space needle Freddy. That basically says limited pieces shouldn't and don't exist. If they become convention exclusives, thats when utilizing the boards comes into play and making friends and helping out may work in your favor. It is annoying and it sucks, but Funko is growing and expanding by the day and more fans are casually walking into the hobby. At this point, we all have the same issue and have found different ways to battle the madness. The trend is not getting reversed at all, but an alternative is as simple as making friends and helping each other out to the best of the ability.

Well said.

Ace+ 76

Postby Ace+ 76 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:43 am

Let's see.....hmmm....... I am thinking

Norse mythological creatures

Greek mythological creatures

Egyptian mythological creatures

6" Nessie
6" Chamois
6" Kraken

Banshee
Chupacabra
Yeti

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue May 29, 2018 12:36 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
runtodere wrote:
rosevanngo wrote:

Maybe the chupacabra since Mexico is so close to San Diego?

Nice. I keep thinking some kind of whale monster in the ocean. Humbolt-squid-like?

Sdivirgilio7

Postby Sdivirgilio7 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:59 pm

IFIXTHINGS wrote:
lililovesbac0n wrote:

They could really get creepy with these and do monsters from around the world. I found a picture of several monsters, but not sure how to post it. Look up teke teke from Japan, yara ma yah who from Australia, and diao si Gil from china. I don’t think I could have those out on display.
:freddy2:

Pop count: 195
Favorite lines: Ad icons, MLB
First pops: Groot, ghost face

Return to “Pop!”