Social Freddy

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
icedog1787

Re: Social Freddy

Postby icedog1787 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:01 am

Goofy_Guy wrote:
icedog1787 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:
You had pizza???? All we had for food/drink was cookies and water. Yeah, I heard that Skybound sold out of the Lying Cat GITD from Saga when someone was allowed to buy 100 of them. I don't know if that is true, I'd like to think it isn't, but I've seen messed up things like that before.

There was one person that bought 4 master cases of 96 and another bought 3 master cases. Not messed up, anyone could have done it and skybound is there to make money which they gladly did.

Well I don't think that Skybound was there to lose money, but anyone buying that quantity is a flipper and not a collector. They should have limited it to maybe 5, but 2 would be more realistic if they have any concern for the collectors. They would have sold out regardless, because they had an exclusive that was hotly sought after. It's just a shame when collectors cannot get what they are looking for at sticker price.

Skybound wanted less to worry about all weekend. The lying cat was available until early Friday at eccc. Attendees had more than ample time to purchase it. If they didn’t make it a priority then that’s on them. They’re not there to lose money but if someone wants to buy that many and they don’t want any leftover inventory to take home then why limit them. There was nothing wrong that happened.

sho12ty78

Postby sho12ty78 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:18 am

I read about the twitter winners after the con. That's when my phone finally got reception. If only it worked during the con, I could have gotten a chance at it! We were so close when the tweet when out. Guess I have to buy a portable wifi connection next year to ECCC. It seems that most people didn't have a connection either. Maybe the convention was being jammed? lol...it's a conspiracy, I tell ya!

Ar7

Postby Ar7 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:33 am

Cmpotter wrote:I hope they make this available at other cons, hopefully sdcc? :)

Another reason to keep me running around SDCC. Man, the amount of steps I get on my Fitbit during that week. This will only add to it, better than standing in a line for hours. Ha!
Did someone say, Disney POP!s?
Funko Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022!

Chris23tian

Postby Chris23tian » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:40 am

If this is at SDCC I will be super excited.
Making Fun Premiere 2018
Funatic Disneyland Meet Up 2018
ECCC 2018
Funko Funkast Meet-Up 2018
Funko Fundays 2019
Funko Hollywood HQ
Funkon Hollywood/ Virtual Fundays

drehill

Postby drehill » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:47 am

Ar7 wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:I hope they make this available at other cons, hopefully sdcc? :)

Another reason to keep me running around SDCC. Man, the amount of steps I get on my Fitbit during that week. This will only add to it, better than standing in a line for hours. Ha!

SDCC Funko giveaways is like Thunderdome. I saw grown men yelling & punching each other for Mono Conan and they were giving out 100 at a session. I expect a hefty body count when the dust settles for this.

WildberryPOPtarts33

Postby WildberryPOPtarts33 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:50 am

I think this one is neat. Social Freddy or Starbucks Freddy as my friend called it. I bet we could see this with a different color combination coming to the Funko-Shop at some point or something.
My name is Morgan. Former admin at KY Funko League of Awesomeness, collector of all things Spider-Gwen, Wonder Woman, and anime.
ISO Asuna proto
@superfunkobros

Funklub #13467 :freddy4:

badger

Postby badger » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:10 am

Wow, really like this one, being a millennial myself
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

kfk302

Postby kfk302 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:22 am

Water cooler Freddy. Love it!
Fundays: 2018 & 2022 :fdo91:

stevedawg85_funko

Postby stevedawg85_funko » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:00 am

9-5 Freddy, I like it, needs to be in my office

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:39 am

icedog1787 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:
icedog1787 wrote:
There was one person that bought 4 master cases of 96 and another bought 3 master cases. Not messed up, anyone could have done it and skybound is there to make money which they gladly did.

Well I don't think that Skybound was there to lose money, but anyone buying that quantity is a flipper and not a collector. They should have limited it to maybe 5, but 2 would be more realistic if they have any concern for the collectors. They would have sold out regardless, because they had an exclusive that was hotly sought after. It's just a shame when collectors cannot get what they are looking for at sticker price.

Skybound wanted less to worry about all weekend. The lying cat was available until early Friday at eccc. Attendees had more than ample time to purchase it. If they didn’t make it a priority then that’s on them. They’re not there to lose money but if someone wants to buy that many and they don’t want any leftover inventory to take home then why limit them. There was nothing wrong that happened.

I don't believe that it was the proper way to handle it. Other vendors that had limited items allowed a certain number each day for sale to make it available the whole weekend and for people who only planned to be there on days further into the con to get them. If an exhibitor is concerned about having to haul out every last item they brought into the con in the first place, maybe they shouldn't be there. That's the risk one takes for signing up to sell stuff there. In the end, worse case they would have sold off the excess items on their website...if there was any left, which I seriously doubt there was going to be.

If you want to discuss this further, PM me. This thread is suppose to be for Social Freddy discussion, not two people debating the merits of the actions of an exhibitor. I'm more than willing to continue with you that way.
My Name Is Sean :goofy:

ArcturuzOne

Postby ArcturuzOne » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:52 am

Love this Freddy pop. Hope I'm able to win one.

Lonikins
HoF 2020 & CotM & Spirit Award

Postby Lonikins » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:08 pm

badger wrote:Wow, really like this one, being a millennial myself

Oh sweetie, you're not a Millenial. You're only 14, so you're in the Gen Z age range. Unfortunately someone like me is considered a Millenial and I'm 31 - I'm firmly in the Xennial camp since I'm on the older end of a Millenial.

Oh god I just realized you were born when I graduated high school. I'm so done lol
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

nerdy_jesus13

Postby nerdy_jesus13 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:16 pm

I think it’s cool they have a Freddy pop specifically just for social media giveaway. It could be fun trying to win one at cons.
:freddy1:

JaceCD

Postby JaceCD » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:37 pm

I hope one day I'll be able to add this Freddy to my collection.
I'm Jace!
I love to attend conventions. I've been to LVL Expo, ECCC, SWC, Wizard World (Las Vegas), WonderCon, Anime Expo, SDCC (since '95), RCCC, NYCC, ComplexCon, DCon and LACC.
I collect Funko Pops and Lego.

IG & Twitch: @jacethecollector

Likeaboss

Postby Likeaboss » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:47 pm

From what I heard they have only released 5 so far. My friend got one at the funkast panel at eccc.

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:49 pm

love it! he's drinking coffee and i'm always drinking coffee so good one for my collection. not sure i will be able to obtain it though!
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:52 pm

It's so cool they were giving these away this weekend, unfortunately it seems like I was never in the right place at the right time to get one. :-({|=
Image Image

Lvpopcollector

Postby Lvpopcollector » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:53 pm

One more to add to my ever growing list! My poor wallet!
:SW9:
Heather
Collector in Las Vegas since 2015

nryz

Postby nryz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:54 pm

I guess the SM stands for social media
ISO: ECCC Brown Flocked Bigfoot

:freddy2:

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:01 pm

This Freddy is cool looking but I think the idea behind him is cooler. Would make it that much cooler to own if you had to win or track him down at a con. Hopefully I can win one on social media.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:04 pm

WANT!!!!! :bounce:
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:29 pm

newhousebailey wrote:
mel wrote:Can someone explain what this piece is and how someone got it?

I am not sure about the first two, but Funko tweeted that the first person to meet them at a designated spot at ECCC and verify they follow Funko on social channels won the one in the picture. They mentioned they would do other giveaways for folks not at ECCC so we will just have to wait and keep our eyes on their social channels. Looks like it might be a tough one to acquire!

I wonder how many of this were made.

FunkoPoppinLockin

Postby FunkoPoppinLockin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:34 pm

This Freddy is awesome. I can never get enough Freddy’s. Look forward to getting more opportunities to acquire him.
Instagram: funkopoppinlockin
Instagram: Jlop24
Twitter: Lopez_josh24

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:36 pm

BenLo wrote:
newhousebailey wrote:
mel wrote:Can someone explain what this piece is and how someone got it?

I am not sure about the first two, but Funko tweeted that the first person to meet them at a designated spot at ECCC and verify they follow Funko on social channels won the one in the picture. They mentioned they would do other giveaways for folks not at ECCC so we will just have to wait and keep our eyes on their social channels. Looks like it might be a tough one to acquire!

I wonder how many of this were made.

I'm sure there will be quite a few made in the future. There's no edition number on it and I really doubt Funko will ever reveal that. I think we'll see plenty of this Freddy :)
Lauren - @flippiefloppies on twitter - @lonikinsfunko on IG - Spirit 2017 - CotM October 2018 - Hall of Fame Class of 2020

ImageImageImageImage

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:43 pm

Lonikins wrote:

Oh sweetie, you're not a Millenial. You're only 14, so you're in the Gen Z age range. Unfortunately someone like me is considered a Millenial and I'm 31 - I'm firmly in the Xennial camp since I'm on the older end of a Millenial.

Oh god I just realized you were born when I graduated high school. I'm so done lol

If you're done with that realization then I must be a pile of dust. I was out of HS 2 years before you were born.

Lonikins

Postby Lonikins » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:44 pm

Goofy_Guy wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

If you're done with that realization then I must be a pile of dust. I was out of HS 2 years before you were born.

Ahhhhhhhh - isn't it crazy to think about things like that?!

ImageImageImageImage

Goofy_Guy

Postby Goofy_Guy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:52 pm

Lonikins wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

Yeah...and all the changes in technology in that time. Back in Jr HS, we used cassette tapes to store our computer programs. Not quite punch cards like my dad worked with, but it still qualifies for the period of time when Barney's uncles and aunts were walking the earth.

mactds

Postby mactds » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:55 pm

I'm unsure if I'll be able to track this one down, but definitely can't complain about more Freddy options.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

icedog1787

Postby icedog1787 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:03 pm

Goofy_Guy wrote:
icedog1787 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:

I don't believe that it was the proper way to handle it. Other vendors that had limited items allowed a certain number each day for sale to make it available the whole weekend and for people who only planned to be there on days further into the con to get them. If an exhibitor is concerned about having to haul out every last item they brought into the con in the first place, maybe they shouldn't be there. That's the risk one takes for signing up to sell stuff there. In the end, worse case they would have sold off the excess items on their website...if there was any left, which I seriously doubt there was going to be.

If you want to discuss this further, PM me. This thread is suppose to be for Social Freddy discussion, not two people debating the merits of the actions of an exhibitor. I'm more than willing to continue with you that way.

No need to continue sir. We differ on opinions. You’ve stated you’re and I have. Moving forward to the present and future and not the past. Go Dubs.

Dean1217

Postby Dean1217 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:24 pm

I received mine as I was leaving the Funko 2018 preview. I was in such disbelief when Sully approached me out of an entire group of people. Honestly I'm still on cloud nine from the experience. Sully is the best!

For whatever reason I can't attach my photo as usual but here it is!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf8h8inj2eK/?taken-by=johnnymeandean
Collecting since 2014
Funatic of the Week November 2nd, 2018
Instagram: @JohnnyMeanDean

fulcaire

Postby fulcaire » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Really wish I could obtain this!!! im jealous
ImageImage

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:41 pm

icedog1787 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:
icedog1787 wrote:

If it was Sunday, definately. But you still had Saturday and Sunday to occur. So people who were only able to go those days were left out in the cold. Pretty terrible policy.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

badger

Postby badger » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Lonikins wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:
Lonikins wrote:

My life has been a lie! I’ve thought I was a millennial for ages! Don’t feel bad about your age, just be happy that you’ve had the opportunity to meet more wonderful people and have awesome experiences in life!
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

Serlent

Postby Serlent » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:25 pm

This Freddy has been sitting for a while at the Donut shop next to Funko hq
Image Image

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Of course I've gotta have one.

I'm very sad for Freddy. Standing there looking so cool with a nice cup of coffee. But without a mouth, where is he to put it??? #-o

Craig here......

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Alleycat wrote:Of course I've gotta have one.

I'm very sad for Freddy. Standing there looking so cool with a nice cup of coffee. But without a mouth, where is he to put it??? #-o

Oh Lordy :roflmao:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

kappait

Postby kappait » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Alleycat wrote:Of course I've gotta have one.

Haha great point.
ImageImage

Do or do not there is no try
Yoda '80

:SW9:
Funklub# 7225
Fundays: 2017, 2018

MikeySanz

Postby MikeySanz » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:04 pm

Howdy yall. Thought i’d share what I know about this guy. None were given out during the Funkast hangout Wednesday night. These were first seen and given out at the Funkast panel Friday, only 2 were given away. More were definitely given away Saturday, that number is unknown to me. It was said during the panel that more will be given away through all of Funkos media in the future. Hope this info helps.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:07 pm

daOCHO wrote:](*,) Left the convention for my plane flight...just announced they were giving away 4 SM Freddy’s at the booth!! ](*,)

I saw that. For a second I tried to figure out a quick way to get there for so cal> lol

ssimms21

Postby ssimms21 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Goofy_Guy wrote:
icedog1787 wrote:
Goofy_Guy wrote:
You had pizza???? All we had for food/drink was cookies and water. Yeah, I heard that Skybound sold out of the Lying Cat GITD from Saga when someone was allowed to buy 100 of them. I don't know if that is true, I'd like to think it isn't, but I've seen messed up things like that before.

I agree at least set a limit thst gives other people the option and availability. Pops are suppose to be fun for all not necessarily a business. That's just my humble opinion tho.

Return to “Pop!”