if anime pops had chases, what will you choose

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Gonzo206

Re: if anime pops had chases, what will you choose

Postby Gonzo206 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:01 am

[llO_oll]7 wrote:Wish they made Hunter x Hunter pops. Why not have both? metallic color body and GITD hair. They should mix and match them =D>

Yes please! I've been binge watching the series again and it's made me want them in pop form!

Instagram: whatthefunk206

SQUARExBEAR

Postby SQUARExBEAR » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:14 am

Jade-Rex wrote:I don't want to have to fight for chases...but I'd pick Deku from MHA going full cowl with gitd as the chase. Or Todoroki using ice and his chase uses fire. Something like that.

Omg if they did that, there would be full blown outrage if someone missed out! Like, I would be so salty if I missed out on Fire Todoroki!

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:43 am

Howl's Moving Castle Sophie. Old version as regular and young version as chase. I can dream, can't I?

ScarletFunko

Postby ScarletFunko » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:19 am

DassGoot wrote:If they made My Hero Academia's All Might's deflated form as a chase, I would be all over that!

That is an awesome idea! But first we'd need another wave from MHA *hint hint wink wink* please funko I'm dying for a Shouto pop!
Higher, Further, Faster

DassGoot

Postby DassGoot » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:54 pm

ScarletFunko wrote:
DassGoot wrote:If they made My Hero Academia's All Might's deflated form as a chase, I would be all over that!

That is an awesome idea! But first we'd need another wave from MHA *hint hint wink wink* please funko I'm dying for a Shouto pop!

I was hoping for the same!! I'd imagine him being something along the lines of HT exclusive Mei with the mixed with HT chase Hades for the fire side. This would look soooo cool!!!
Hi, I’m Jo.

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:37 pm

91shawny wrote:
Bushmaster51 wrote:I got the Crunchyroll Hot Topic Exclusive Blind box today and got the regular and the Chase. I really like the black and white chase. To bad I have only gotten to episode 4 of The Ancient Magus Bride.

Do you recommend watching? It keeps popping up on crunchyroll for me to watch

I just finished watching it on Funimation. When it comes to recommending movies, I tend not to. Not everyone has the same taste that I do. This anime had great animation. The storyline is decent. If they had a second season I'd probably watch it because there was one major thing that was left unknown that if there was a second season I would watch just to figure it out.

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

91shawny wrote:
Bushmaster51 wrote:I got the Crunchyroll Hot Topic Exclusive Blind box today and got the regular and the Chase. I really like the black and white chase. To bad I have only gotten to episode 4 of The Ancient Magus Bride.

I just finished watching it on Funimation. When it comes to recommending movies, I tend not to. Not everyone has the same taste that I do. This anime had great animation. The storyline is decent. If they had a second season I'd probably watch it because there was one major thing that was left unknown that if there was a second season I would watch just to figure it out.

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:19 am

How about some AKIRA pops in general ](*,)
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:51 am

Not sure if anyone here follows Haikyuu but I'd love it if they made some of their characters into pops!
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 am

Bushmaster51 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I mean not all anime needs to have over the top fighting scenes to be great. Death note had more suspense than anything and had an amazing storyline.
If it makes you want to see a second season of it, then its worth at least the first episode lol
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:02 pm

I would love to see some My Hero Academia chases
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:40 am

91shawny wrote:
Bushmaster51 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

I mean not all anime needs to have over the top fighting scenes to be great. Death note had more suspense than anything and had an amazing storyline.
If it makes you want to see a second season of it, then its worth at least the first episode lol

OMG.... The first time I watched Death Note it blew my freaking mind. They need to make a few more Anime like this where the storyline is suspenseful and filled with mystery and drama.
Hulk Smash!
Member: KY Funko League of Awesomeness
IG: @HauckBuster007
IG: @SuperFunkoBros
Favorite Character: Incredible Hulk

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:17 am

Bleach Bankai Chases
Sakura and Sauske Chases

So manny
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:59 pm

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Bushmaster51 wrote:

OMG.... The first time I watched Death Note it blew my freaking mind. They need to make a few more Anime like this where the storyline is suspenseful and filled with mystery and drama.

I see a lot of people say great things about Death Note. I don't like that anime after watching episode 7. I did watch it to the end and I didn't like the ending. Yes, not all animes have to be about fighting to be good. I did enjoy Stein Gate as a suspense anime. Other animes I recently have just watched and I liked were Handa-Kun, Masamun-kun's Revenge, Gamers, Big Windup, Dagahi Kashi, Ben-To (fighting), The Devil is a Part-Timer (some fighting). I am happy that season 3 of My Hero Academia is on now.
Last edited by Bushmaster51 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bushmaster51

Postby Bushmaster51 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:00 pm

If it makes you want to see a second season of it, then its worth at least the first episode lol[/quote]

I see a lot of people say great things about Death Note. I don't like that anime after watching episode 7. I did watch it to the end and I didn't like the ending. Yes, not all animes have to be about fighting to be good. I did enjoy Stein Gate as a suspense anime. Other animes I recently have just watched and I liked were Handa-Kun, Masamun-kun's Revenge, Gamers, Big Windup, Dagahi Kashi, Ben-To (fighting), The Devil is a Part-Timer (some fighting). I am happy that season 3 of My Hero Academia is on now.

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:41 pm

Bushmaster51 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Agreed. Btw, loved devil is a part timer, some action but hilarious never the less, a devil forced to live in the human world and takes his fast food restaurant seriously to perfection, random but it worked well no complaints lol

ImageImageImageImage

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:42 pm

91shawny wrote:
Bushmaster51 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

Agreed. Btw, loved devil is a part timer, some action but hilarious never the less, a devil forced to live in the human world and takes his fast food restaurant seriously to perfection, random but it worked well no complaints lol

I respect ya preferences, loved death note but I guess not for everyone and that’s completely fine lol

ImageImageImageImage

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:51 pm

Bushmaster51 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

These are great suggestions. I have written some of them down and will give a few some tries. MHA has to be one of my top 3 anime's that I am into right now. I can't wait for Attack on Titan Season 3 and also One Punch Man Season 2.
Hulk Smash!

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:00 pm

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
Bushmaster51 wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

These are great suggestions. I have written some of them down and will give a few some tries. MHA has to be one of my top 3 anime's that I am into right now. I can't wait for Attack on Titan Season 3 and also One Punch Man Season 2.

I’m both excited and nervous for OPM season 2 since there are rumors that the animation team won’t be the Same

ImageImageImageImage

Batz31

Postby Batz31 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:57 pm

Metallic ultra instinct Goku.

brown

Postby brown » Tue May 01, 2018 12:06 am

wolfy233 wrote:Howl's Moving Castle Sophie. Old version as regular and young version as chase. I can dream, can't I?

Forget about chase, I just want any regular studio ghibli pops. lol

Kito87

Postby Kito87 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:52 am

GITD Super Saiyans Especially Rose and Blue Vegeta!!
ISO: Dragonball and Cowboy Bebop Protos!!

IG: Comic_beast
TW: @hsabala
Tumblr: thecomicbeast
YT: ComicBeast

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Tue May 01, 2018 7:49 am

91shawny wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
Bushmaster51 wrote:

I’m both excited and nervous for OPM season 2 since there are rumors that the animation team won’t be the Same

Yikes, that was the best part about One Punch Man. The Animation quality was off the charts on battle scenes. If this goes away then so does the show in my opinion.
Hulk Smash!

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue May 01, 2018 8:03 am

Hauckbuster007 wrote:
91shawny wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:

Yikes, that was the best part about One Punch Man. The Animation quality was off the charts on battle scenes. If this goes away then so does the show in my opinion.

Agreed, hence why I'm nervous lol:

https://www.geek.com/anime/next-season- ... o-1717493/

ImageImageImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:53 am

brown wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:Howl's Moving Castle Sophie. Old version as regular and young version as chase. I can dream, can't I?

Forget about chase, I just want any regular studio ghibli pops. lol

Sigh, I know exactly what you mean. Must be a licensing issue, cuz there is no reason to think they haven't thought about doing pops for these.

THEcatsMEOW

Postby THEcatsMEOW » Tue May 01, 2018 9:13 am

I really want some one piece chases I feel like there's so much potential for sweet anime chases, they just need to be done correctly for those die hard anime fans.
Like luffy doesn't have to have a different mold, just make him pink for his 2nd gear or black arms for his haki ect ect

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Tue May 01, 2018 9:20 am

THEcatsMEOW wrote:I really want some one piece chases I feel like there's so much potential for sweet anime chases, they just need to be done correctly for those die hard anime fans.
Like luffy doesn't have to have a different mold, just make him pink for his 2nd gear or black arms for his haki ect ect

Or even him with his on his back lol simple but effective

ImageImageImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed May 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Anime Pops - > I would definitely want a chase for One Punch Man. Maybe one with the serious facial expression... and one with the corny facial expression.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Hauckbuster007

Postby Hauckbuster007 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:31 am

91shawny wrote:
Hauckbuster007 wrote:
91shawny wrote:

Agreed, hence why I'm nervous lol:

https://www.geek.com/anime/next-season- ... o-1717493/

Well I am hoping that whoever picks up the animation on this anime will embrace the work of the prior animators and do it justice so I can continue to enjoy this show.
Hulk Smash!

Hachiman

Postby Hachiman » Wed May 30, 2018 2:11 pm

AllThatJhazz wrote:I'd love Cowboy Bebop chases. Syndicate Spike, Detective Jet, Faye in her Evening Dress, Ed in her dress.

This, so much this. Variants of my favorite space cowboys.
ImageImage

JulianaElsa21

Postby JulianaElsa21 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:57 pm

I would probably want a chase version of Erza Scarlet in any of her other armors.
"Different is not less."-Temple Grandin :angel5:

ricechen3

Postby ricechen3 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:59 pm

of course anything dragon ball

Chaister87

Postby Chaister87 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:42 pm

I would love to see Luffy in his “gear forms” as chases!

jjb11590

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:00 pm

Chaister87 wrote:I would love to see Luffy in his “gear forms” as chases!

I would LOVE to see this too!
Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:08 pm

I'm still holding out for all the bankai forms of the captains in Bleach but that's probably a long shot since the manga/anime is kinda forgotten now =/

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:14 pm

For dragon Ball have battle damage looks.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:44 pm

mmmrice wrote:I'm still holding out for all the bankai forms of the captains in Bleach but that's probably a long shot since the manga/anime is kinda forgotten now =/

with how big some of the Bankai can be I think they'd work better as some sort of moments style scenes. just think of Byakuya on a larger base surrounded by a blossom swirl with his sword sinking into the ground in front of him or a giant baby head emerging behind Mayuri

Tilter

Postby Tilter » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:56 pm

Metallic variants...similar to those 1:36 DC back in the day, but maybe 1:6.
ImageImageImage

hojo

Postby hojo » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:19 am

Similar to Aang, there could be an Avatar mode Korra!
Tetsuo patient or biker common with a chase out of control 6 inch Tetsuo from Akira
common Naruto vs a nine-tail chase version

common Naruto vs. a chase Harem-jutsu version :P

Spike Spiegel

Postby Spike Spiegel » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:26 am

Sogeking!
See you space cowboy...

Return to “Pop!”