If we get historical figures, who would you want to see?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
GetLostYouPsycho

Re: Historical Figures Pops

Postby GetLostYouPsycho » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:33 pm

I don't know that an Anne Frank Pop would go over very well given the history there, but a line of previous presidents, or kings/queens, etc would be cool.

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Albert einstein would be dope. Abe lincoln might be pretty neat with how he looked.

The Popfather

Postby The Popfather » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:39 pm

Yeah you both are probably right on Anne Frank. I was trying to think of a wide variety of individuals as there are so many possibilities. My students are always fascinated by Anne Frank's story when they read about her in our history text, so that's why I chose her.
The Popfather- Head of the Popfia!

jkwok

Postby jkwok » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:44 pm

When thinking of historical figures, Abraham Lincoln atuomatically pops into my head. I think an Albert Einstein pop would do well. Not sure about other historical fiures like Plato or Isaac Newton tho.
:wizmickey:

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:06 pm

The Popfather wrote:With the sad passing of Sen. John McCain yesterday it made me think about what if Funko created a series of historical figures Pops? I'm not sure how licensing would work, but there are so many people that have played major roles in history. I think it would be a nice way to pay tribute to the men and women who dedicated their lives to trying to make our world safe to live in for all.

This isn't intended to be a political post, so regardless of your own personal beliefs please keep the conversation civil and respectful. Who are some historical figures you would like to see as Pops as a tribute to their contributions and sacrifices?

It is pretty hard to choose for me, but I would start with these people as a first series.

1. John McCain
2. Albert Einstein
3. Nelson Mandela
4. Harriet Tubman
5. Anne Frank
6. Mother Teresa

Deja vu again - viewtopic.php?f=62&t=89268&hilit=Historical+figure

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:58 pm

Lincoln was the first one that popped into my head as well. Then we need a national monument line, why not
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

CyberSoySauce

Postby CyberSoySauce » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:01 pm

George Washington needs to start this line off if it happens!

UrsulaLover

Postby UrsulaLover » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:12 am

As a North Carolinian, I have to suggest the Wright Brothers. Maybe a Pop! Rides of their first airplane?
You can call me Shandra.
IG: ursulalover_

Image Image

ISO: Johnny Ramone and Dee Dee Ramone Pops

abefarley

Postby abefarley » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:12 am

I love this idea...sign me up!

Classier

Postby Classier » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:28 am

Millard Fillmore? The most iconic president?

ShakenNotStirred

Re: If we get historical figures, who would you want to see?

Postby ShakenNotStirred » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:48 pm

I think inventors and other scientists can work, along with humanitarians such as Mandela, Mother Theresa and Kofi Annan.
Politics is something else, perhaps. I don't think people would be bothered with Lincoln, but as we've seen with The Vote Pop!s, going into (relative) modern politics would be a tad... Controversial, to say the least.

No idea how Americans feel about their presidents, but in Europe some people would get angry over, say, Mitterrand or Kohl. Or even Churchill.
Strangely enough I feel like they can't do much with European history. I expect not many people are waiting for Caesar, Napoleon or Henry VIII.

But since Funko is first and foremost for the American market, this might very well solve itself. American history it is!
Last edited by ShakenNotStirred on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey there! I'm Corneel, but currently there's nothing of interest in this signature.
Scroll along. ;-)

LakerNation1216

Postby LakerNation1216 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:17 pm

I like the idea of an MLK pop.
Current POP/Dorbz/Misc. Funko Count:
~1,711

Updated 4-11-22

Lakers Basketball
Rams Football
:freddy3:

MattyPHATty

Postby MattyPHATty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:43 pm

racheva wrote:Tesla! He deserves a pop.

Maybe a line of scientists and inventors in general. Like Pasteur, Galileo, Newton, Darwin...

And Watson and Crick AND Franklin

All excellent suggestions. I work in radio so a Nikola Tesla one would be a must have for me. Marconi is credited with the invention of radio but anyone in the industry truly knows it was Tesla’s inventions that paved the way for modern radio. Would love to see an inventor line

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Universal_ghost wrote:Albert einstein would be dope. Abe lincoln might be pretty neat with how he looked.

I like your way of thinking... Einstein would be Fantastic and Abe Lincoln would be pretty cool as well. Maybe, even Benjamin Franklin holding a stack of $100 bills lol

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:46 pm

Infinity wrote:WALT DISNEY ( he is such a inspiration!)

But very good question ! Studying History I always think about what a figure I like would look like in Pop x)
I'll just let arts and sciences out of it cause there would be way too many I would want !( painters with Van Gogh, Turner, De Vinci etc; writers with Victor Hugo, Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe etc; actors like Charlie Chaplin, scientists, physicians etc)

I'd love to see Louis XIV, François 1er, Marie Antoinette, Henri IV or Napoléon but that's because I study them and I don't know if they are well known in other countries. I guess Louis XIV or Napoléon are so I'd love to see at least them ^^
Among the ones I want THE MOST there is one that may be weird : James Cook. I admire him so much since I'm a little girl without really knowing why ! I always wanted to see more about him but unfortunately he is often frogotten and that's sad ^^ And a Pop from an explorator could be soooo cool and well done !
Of course I'd love Ceasar, Cleopatra and Marc Antony, King Arthur, Martin Luther King Jr, Amelia Earhart, Emeline Pankhurst, Olympe de Gouges, Alexander the Great, USA Presidents, Elizabeth the First, Queen Victoria, Churchill, Turing, Platon, Billy the Kid etc etc.

I've always wanted a Walt Disney holding Mickey's hand :freddy3:

Infinity

Postby Infinity » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:26 am

ShakenNotStirred wrote:I think inventors and other scientists can work, along with humanitarians such as Mandela, Mother Theresa and Kofi Annan.
Politics is something else, perhaps. I don't think people would be bothered with Lincoln, but as we've seen with The Vote Pop!s, going into (relative) modern politics would be a tad... Controversial, to say the least.

No idea how Americans feel about their presidents, but in Europe some people would get angry over, say, Mitterrand or Kohl. Or even Churchill.
Strangely enough I feel like they can't do much with European history. I expect not many people are waiting for Caesar, Napoleon or Henry VIII.

But since Funko is first and foremost for the American market, this might very well solve itself. American history it is!

I'm not sure about that. I mean, even if personalities like Churchill are controversial I don't think people would be angry. The culture is still using him a lot, in movies etc. I think he is "old" enough to be accepted as a historical figure, whatever we might think about him. At the contrary Mitterrand for example would be really too recent to be a figure. And considering the popularity of the line about the royal family I'm sure that European history will sell, thanks to the huge number of popular series and movies about royalty, war etc. People would almost buy Henry VIII after watching The Tudors. If people want Cleopatra they would want to get Caesar too I think. I don't know for sure about other european countries ( I'd love to have french historical figures, I know people know them, especially when they helped America like Lafayette did, but I don't know if they would be popular enough for the American market, even if the french market is big) but I think English figures could interest a lot of people that aren't even passionate about History ^^
Last edited by Infinity on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sorry for my mistakes , I'm French :-)
I hope you will understand me ! ^^

Infinity

Postby Infinity » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:27 am

Wild_Flower85 wrote:

But very good question ! Studying History I always think about what a figure I like would look like in Pop x)
I'll just let arts and sciences out of it cause there would be way too many I would want !( painters with Van Gogh, Turner, De Vinci etc; writers with Victor Hugo, Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe etc; actors like Charlie Chaplin, scientists, physicians etc)

I'd love to see Louis XIV, François 1er, Marie Antoinette, Henri IV or Napoléon but that's because I study them and I don't know if they are well known in other countries. I guess Louis XIV or Napoléon are so I'd love to see at least them ^^
Among the ones I want THE MOST there is one that may be weird : James Cook. I admire him so much since I'm a little girl without really knowing why ! I always wanted to see more about him but unfortunately he is often frogotten and that's sad ^^ And a Pop from an explorator could be soooo cool and well done !
Of course I'd love Ceasar, Cleopatra and Marc Antony, King Arthur, Martin Luther King Jr, Amelia Earhart, Emeline Pankhurst, Olympe de Gouges, Alexander the Great, USA Presidents, Elizabeth the First, Queen Victoria, Churchill, Turing, Platon, Billy the Kid etc etc.

Me too ! :-D That would be sooo cool !
Sorry for my mistakes , I'm French :-)
I hope you will understand me ! ^^

Wild_Flower85

Postby Wild_Flower85 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:50 am

Infinity wrote:
Wild_Flower85 wrote:

Me too ! :-D That would be sooo cool !

Amelia Earhart in her plane would be amazing!

TheLastAnimator

Postby TheLastAnimator » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:05 am

Albert einstein
Walt Disney
:freddy3:

masonfunkocarr

Postby masonfunkocarr » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:37 pm

Abraham Lincoln Or Albert Einstein.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:41 pm

masonfunkocarr wrote:Abraham Lincoln

would Abe count as a 6 incher because of the hat?

cptuff1969

Postby cptuff1969 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:05 pm

Pancho Villa Oralé
Image Image[/quote]

Xtheguntx

Postby Xtheguntx » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:30 pm

George Washington on the boat would be cool. Definitely need to do a Nicola Tesla!! King Arthur and his knights would be very cool too! Would love to see mythology/gods from Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Sumerian and Mayan cultures made too! I'd love to see a Nixon Wacky Wobbler made, only because he would look hilarious lol
Collector for over 10 years
Pop count: 900+ main focus is Star Wars and animation \:D/

Oversolex1

Postby Oversolex1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:21 pm

We need some more president pops!!
NJ/NY Funko Funatic!
Twitter: Oversolex1
Instagram: Oversoulx1

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:04 am

Boymom4 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:Albert einstein would be dope. Abe lincoln might be pretty neat with how he looked.

I like your way of thinking... Einstein would be Fantastic and Abe Lincoln would be pretty cool as well. Maybe, even Benjamin Franklin holding a stack of $100 bills lol

Love the ben frank idea of him holding a stack of 100's lol that would be the best one

pommefille

Postby pommefille » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:35 am

I think Walt Disney to me would be more of an icon than an historical figure, which would be great line too - Rod Serling, Steve Jobs, Frida Khalo, JK Rowling (and other authors)... no shortage of great ones to make!
----ig: kavka twitter: kavka fb: kavka----

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:33 pm

Universal_ghost wrote:
Boymom4 wrote:

Love the ben frank idea of him holding a stack of 100's lol that would be the best one

:)

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Two pack of Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr dueling.

Xtheguntx

Postby Xtheguntx » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:24 am

I see we are finally getting presidents and I think that's awesome!!! And very beneficial to Funko as a whole cuz there is no licensing!! Lol

Xtheguntx

Postby Xtheguntx » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:25 am

funkosundae wrote:Two pack of Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr dueling.

That would be the best scene every!!!!!

Xtheguntx

Postby Xtheguntx » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:26 am

pommefille wrote:I think Walt Disney to me would be more of an icon than an historical figure, which would be great line too - Rod Serling, Steve Jobs, Frida Khalo, JK Rowling (and other authors)... no shortage of great ones to make!

Frida Khalo would be really cool, even a whole line of artists would be really great!! Call it Art Icons!! Lol

TenTwoSix

Postby TenTwoSix » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:38 am

Einstein would make a great pop, he has a unique look
Hi, I'm Jerry!

Luckynala323

Postby Luckynala323 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:20 pm

My hubby and I were just talking about how I think a Presidential line would be very cool. They already had the 3 made for the elections. I would think being historical figures it would be easier to get licensing. :)

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:44 pm

Love to see a Vincent Van Gogh with a missing ear.

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:10 pm

Scientists line:
Albert Einstein
Nikola Tesla
Thomas Edison
Marie Curie
Leonardo da Vinci
Isaac Newton
Stephen Hawking
ImageImageImage Image

Vises35

Postby Vises35 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:24 pm

Dumplingbox wrote:I would love to see a line of pairs that have Kings and Queens / Emperors and Empresses.

Yeah, super cool idea!

Instagram: Viseslovestocollect

Vader92

Postby Vader92 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:50 am

Nixon with the double peace sign lol
IG https://www.instagram.com/popthat818/
Pop count: 202
ISO: overwatch prototypes
OOB Sith pop collector

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Alexander the Great and Napoleon.

Theshowman619

Postby Theshowman619 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:49 pm

Abe Lincoln, MLK, Merlin
:freddy4: ImageImage
ImageImageImage

parrity

Postby parrity » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:19 pm

I wish they would do a full presidential line. I love the candidate pops from 2016.

Return to “Pop!”