Largest Known Pop Collections?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Servant of Sauron

Largest Known Pop Collections?

Postby Servant of Sauron » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:48 pm

Hello friends,

I'm new to here and I was just browsing through the Funko Pop inventories.. there are so many it really is daunting! It got me thinking.. what are the largest collections you know of or have heard of? Is it possible there are collectors out there with pretty much all? I know it sounds like alot but.. I've collected many things in my lifetime and you know when you really get into something and get dedicated.. add high speed internet connection, an eBay account and a forum membership.. I can speak from experience it isn't long until your collection is 4-500 items strong and on the other hand your bank account looking pretty poorly! Plus, it's a big world.. so I was just wondering. What are the largest collections known of? Or even the largest collections on here?

Best wishes,

Servant of Sauron

Oh and sorry in advance if this had been covered in the same way before. I don't like to make a new thread if one has been posted in the past while with a similar topic basis.. I had a look and couldn't really find anything appropriate recently. But if it has and I've missed, dear Mods please feel free to merge this with it if you deem necessary and please accept my apologies. I'm still getting used to finding my way around the boards. :)

RogerDuckDodgers

Re: Largest Known Pop Collections?

Postby RogerDuckDodgers » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:49 pm

My collection. I have about 200 Pops! :^o

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:52 pm

I think ShoMeNodder was pretty close to 100% complete on all Funko items, including Wacky Wobblerss, Hikari, etc.

At one point not long ago, I believe SnackDaddy was 100% on Pop, or close to it.

Reverend is / was close to 100% on Freddy Funko.

Check out the threads in the link below.

viewforum.php?f=118

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:15 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:I think ShoMeNodder was pretty close to 100% complete on all Funko items, including Wacky Wobblerss, Hikari, etc.

At one point not long ago, I believe SnackDaddy was 100% on Pop, or close to it.

viewforum.php?f=118

:eek:
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

Ganjahismana

Postby Ganjahismana » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Started in October about last year , have at least 150 pops

zwahelian

Postby zwahelian » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:20 pm

I’m over 1,000 pops and I started in July 2016. So there has to be someone in the tens of thousands.

If you haven’t yet check out the Funko documentary Making Fun on Netflix, there are some pretty crazy collections featured.
IG: funkh0e
Started collecting: July 2016 | Pop! Star Wars: 83 | Pop! Marvel: TBA | Pop! Heroes: 45 | Pop! Rides: 3 | Total Pop!s: 1,000+

Grail: NYCC Qui Gon Jinn, Indy's Ride, Holo Qui Gon, Flocked Wicket

Servant of Sauron

Postby Servant of Sauron » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Wow! That's amazing.. thanks to HobieWan for the info and thread link. So, as I expected, there are definitely people in the 100% range. I was pretty sure there would be because.. you know, I know it seems like alot but it's considering the relatively low price and large but obtainable number of Pops by no means impossible when it comes to serious collecting. Pops are relatively inexpensive in the grand scheme of thing.. at least in comparison to other things we collect. I understand that aftermarket prices can get a little carried away sometimes but still.. from what I can see Pops don't get to the same figures of value that say.. cards do.

I'm pretty new to Pops and I've promised myself I'll never get "carried away" like I have with collecting some other items.. with Pops I just want to buy some I really like and I'm not going to spend huge prices either. I sure wont get to the point of forking out £1000 for some super rare one. My collections were autograph and relic cards and another specific item I'd rather not share publicly, but I don't mind in conversation. I know for both of them, I'm pretty sure in saying if I spent the same amount of money on Pops as I did on each of those collections I would probably have most Pops. That's what made me think there are undoubtedly collectors with them all.

I just wondered.. with aftermarket prices how much it could get up to price wise? Does anyone know if any of the guys/girls with 100% or near it gave a rough estimate of how much they spent in total collecting them all? Just out of curiosity.. I was wondering how much an entire collection would cost.

Thanks to everyone for the posts. I appreciate them very much! I have to say, this seems like a really nice friendly forum. Everyone who has posted or spoke to me has been really nice.. alot of other forums tend to have an element of "snarkiness".. and some can be downright nasty.. especially towards new members. But everyone on here is super friendly. It's a real nice place to be. Thanks everyone!

Clutch

Postby Clutch » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:39 pm

I have seen a couple that approach 7 figures.
Fundays 16’, 17’, 18’, 19’, 22’, FDO8 Chicago, FunkyHundo, Hollywood Grand Opening, Fright Night 22, MaskOWeen 22’, AquaSox Opening night, SDCC 9 years running, NYCC 6 years running and so much more. Largest Pokemon Prototype collector.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:52 am

Here I was thinking that hitting 500 was already a crazy amount (or my wife tells me). I would love to meet these legends one day!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:10 am

Servant of Sauron wrote:Hello friends,

I'm new to here and I was just browsing through the Funko Pop inventories.. there are so many it really is daunting! It got me thinking.. what are the largest collections you know of or have heard of?

HobieWanKenobi mentioned all the biggest collections that I'm aware of. I think Josh has been putting together a big collection as well, he's been actively picking up a lot of the older stuff in particular. I think Poncho Pete's is also reaching "impressive" status :D I'm up in the 4 figures now but these days that's not that unusual. I've actually cut way back on new acquisitions, I mainly focus on Pop Rides and Dorbz Ridez now. I'm 100% complete on those as well as having a pretty good collection of the prototypes.

I think once you hit 1000 then no matter how much room you have storage and management of all of them starts becoming an issue. Seems like a lot of us put the brakes on when we hit that mark and start tightening up what we actively collect.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:17 am

I don't know about anyone else, but right now I have the biggest collection I've ever owned, lol.
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:57 am

Jezter wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but right now I have the biggest collection I've ever owned, lol.

:-k

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:59 am

Great post so far what I've read is impressive, we need a funko museum I would love to see in person someone's collection, I've seen original clamshells in pictures but never in person definitely would be cool maybe someday
:freddy3:

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:30 am

Jalapenopete wrote:Great post so far what I've read is impressive, we need a funko museum I would love to see in person someone's collection, I've seen original clamshells in pictures but never in person definitely would be cool maybe someday

Those clamshells are sweet. Hope to see one in person too someday.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Mos_Eisley

Postby Mos_Eisley » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:26 am

After attending my first Fundays years ago my goal was going to be to be Pop! Freddy complete. I quickly realized that would be very difficult and expensive so ended that real quick. It was cool to see Rev’s collection in Making Fun.

LatinFunko

Postby LatinFunko » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:41 am

There is a few out there as already mentioned. All very impressive.
OWNER
http://www.thefunexchange.com

IG & Facebook @thefunexchange

Image :wwe5: Image

Fundays 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2022

FDO7 Sacramento | FDO8 San Francisco

Fright Night | HQ Grand Opening | Making Fun Movie Premiere | FunKon

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:50 am

treswright wrote:
Servant of Sauron wrote:Hello friends,

I'm new to here and I was just browsing through the Funko Pop inventories.. there are so many it really is daunting! It got me thinking.. what are the largest collections you know of or have heard of?

HobieWanKenobi mentioned all the biggest collections that I'm aware of. I think Josh has been putting together a big collection as well, he's been actively picking up a lot of the older stuff in particular. I think Poncho Pete's is also reaching "impressive" status :D I'm up in the 4 figures now but these days that's not that unusual. I've actually cut way back on new acquisitions, I mainly focus on Pop Rides and Dorbz Ridez now. I'm 100% complete on those as well as having a pretty good collection of the prototypes.

I think once you hit 1000 then no matter how much room you have storage and management of all of them starts becoming an issue. Seems like a lot of us put the brakes on when we hit that mark and start tightening up what we actively collect.

That is because you guys don't have mega mansions!
My Name is Ernie

yanban

Postby yanban » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:07 pm

KidMarvel wrote:Here I was thinking that hitting 500 was already a crazy amount (or my wife tells me). I would love to meet these legends one day!

Trust me - hitting 500 IS pretty crazy (my husband also tells me). But having nearly 100% of anything is unbelievable.

yanban

Postby yanban » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Jezter wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but right now I have the biggest collection I've ever owned, lol.

lol lol lol

EZA

Postby EZA » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:37 am

I've seen a collection of 3500 Pops in one place and that was nuts!!!! and that was about at the time 50% of what had been released not counting protos so I am not sure how many pops be one day we will see a giant 1500 page guide LOL

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:48 am

I've heard of a few collectors with over 4000 pieces in their collection, Funko Funatics for sure!

Lexaeus

Postby Lexaeus » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:48 am

I couldnt imagine having that many. I passed 1000 and I feel like I am drowning in them. If you have the money and the space, it would be so awesome to do amass a collection like that.
Image ImageImage

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:11 pm

Lexaeus wrote:I couldnt imagine having that many. I passed 1000 and I feel like I am drowning in them. If you have the money and the space, it would be so awesome to do amass a collection like that.

I feel like im drowning pops as well and i only have about 400; i seriously need to downsize.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

dabadguy2472

Postby dabadguy2472 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:34 pm

I think I'm sitting at 850 or so.....and I have no room.

Flynn47

Postby Flynn47 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:21 pm

I'd put money on Carol (ShoMeNodder) for sure. She even has a 1/1 piece made by Funko just for her as reward for her awesomeness.
She was named collector of the decade and the Pop tells the story.

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:07 am

HobieWanKenobi wrote:I think ShoMeNodder was pretty close to 100% complete on all Funko items, including Wacky Wobblerss, Hikari, etc.

viewforum.php?f=118

100% on all funko items?!? Does he live in a warehouse?!? I can’t imagine what that even looks like :eek:
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:14 am

I want to see pics and just sit in amazement.

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:36 am

Flynn47 wrote:I'd put money on Carol (ShoMeNodder) for sure. She even has a 1/1 piece made by Funko just for her as reward for her awesomeness.
She was named collector of the decade and the Pop tells the story.

To earn that price from Funko she should has a gigantic collection. Just wonder how many Pops she has.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Carol
I think cut back on some pops as have I,
Tres is correct once you hit that 1000 mark it seems we all calm down. Last i checked i was at around 1400-1800
100 percent on marvel
star wars
dc
disney

then from there assorted but in no way is my collection the largest
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

racheva

Postby racheva » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Well i have roughly 450 pops and I honestly feel like small potatoes. I consider the big time when people have thousands because I know there are people who do.

I've been collecting for maybe 5ish years? I'm a newbie, in the scheme of things.
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

RSVHockeyDude

Postby RSVHockeyDude » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Mine I have over 1,600 Pops

SnackDaddy
HoF 2017 & CotY
HoF 2017 & CotY

Postby SnackDaddy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:13 pm

https://www.funkofunatic.com/viewforum.php?f=118

I was once close but gave up after my 12th Deadpool and now just collect my favorite variant of certain pieces. Complete on Common Freddys (48LE and up) and TMNT but thats about it

I blush to even think I can be mentioned around heavy weights like Carol and Rev, they without a doubt have the biggest collections in the game

I collect couches and love seats, you know whats up Keahi lol lol lol
Houssein aka Huse aka SnackDaddy

Kingdavid206

Postby Kingdavid206 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:24 pm

RSVHockeyDude wrote:Mine I have over 1,600 Pops

That is quite impressive. I think I have about 440. I've been collecting since 2014. I keep running out of space though so I end up trading for new pops from time to time.
:freddy2:

HobieWanKenobi

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:20 am

SnackDaddy wrote:

viewforum.php?f=118

I was once close but gave up after my 12th Deadpool and now just collect my favorite variant of certain pieces. Complete on Common Freddys (48LE and up) and TMNT but thats about it

I blush to even think I can be mentioned around heavy weights like Carol and Rev, they without a doubt have the biggest collections in the game

I collect couches and love seats, you know whats up Keahi lol lol lol

:D

lrdavis28

Postby lrdavis28 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:58 am

dabadguy2472 wrote:I think I'm sitting at 850 or so.....and I have no room.

the struggle is real, and theyre only putting out more goodness, i just cant =; =; =; =; and then its oh yes i can \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
call me LD

d00dz

Postby d00dz » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:18 am

Just when I think I buy more than I'm already comfortable with, I read threads like these that "enable" me to continue to justify buying more ;)
ImageImageImage Image

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:55 am

Don't forget to mention Craig "Alleycat". He has most if not all of the wobblers and probably close to 90%+ a proto to match them. He's not big into pops but he has some (many of them Freddys). He also has Blox, other products that bobble (banks, nodniks, computer sitters etc) and some pop rides.

Carol (shomenodder) probably still has the largest collection overall and in pops.

Rev is the most complete in Freddys, check his thread out.

A couple years ago 1000 pops was considered big time but I know people that have 2500+. With so many pops out there now and people collecting them for 5+ years, I would say anyone that does have 2500+ is big time now.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:00 pm

hpellot wrote:Carol
I think cut back on some pops as have I,
Tres is correct once you hit that 1000 mark it seems we all calm down. Last i checked i was at around 1400-1800
100 percent on marvel
star wars
dc
disney

then from there assorted but in no way is my collection the largest

I can agree on this. Once we had alot we started to ask ourselves where are we going to put all these. So we started to become more selective.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Wow those are some impressive numbers. I hit 400 and slowed down, guess I started slowing down early. One thing for sure is none of us live in those tiny homes. I don't even think my T-shirt collection would fit in one of those.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Jalapenopete

Postby Jalapenopete » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Funko should have a pop museum at HQ with all the pops that exist
:freddy3:

Return to “Pop!”