What Dragonball POP! that has not been created you want the most?

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Mags

Re: What Dragonball POP! that has not been created you want the most?

Postby Mags » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:09 pm

Shinfo13 wrote:
Mags wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
They still make merch for GT though. Plus they recently added GT Kid Goku to Dragon Bal Fighterz.

I'm sure it's definitely still possible.

There is no licensing issue with GT so we could feasibly see SSJ4 some back, but it would appear that Toriyama/Toei have no interest in bringing it back in the main storyline. Although it would be cool if in a future storyline we see the Universe 6 Saiyans try to reach Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan Blue and instead they unlock SSJ4. Imagine Cabba at that level lol

There is a throwaway line in the new Broly movie where Paragus is talking to Frieza about how Broly learned to tap into his Oozaru (Great Ape) powers while retaining his human form. Before he goes completely mad and his pupils vanish, you can see his eyes are turned yellow as well. I don't think alot of people caught it, but it sounds in line with GT's explanation of the SSJ4 transformation. Maybe they just played the groundwork for it to happen in whatever comes next whether it's another movie or follow up to Super.

If you turn on the Japanese subtitles you get a very similar line of dialog as well. I just figured Paragus was saying "he tapped into the strength of the Great Ape transformation while maintaining his normal form"

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:16 pm

I miss the great apes, so much cooler then Super Saiyan. so glad we at least got Vegeta last year.

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:45 pm

Mr Yac wrote:I miss the great apes, so much cooler then Super Saiyan. so glad we at least got Vegeta last year.

I'd love to see either a Gohan or Goku Great Ape pop.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Mags wrote:I'd love to see either a Gohan or Goku Great Ape pop.

i'd be up for either, would be the same mold so maybe Goku could be holding a piece of the World Tournament building and Gohan can have a mountain or something. and i'm not usually one for variants but I wouldn't mind a battle damaged Vegeta, bonus points if they flock him :D

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:29 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Mags wrote:I'd love to see either a Gohan or Goku Great Ape pop.

i'd be up for either, would be the same mold so maybe Goku could be holding a piece of the World Tournament building and Gohan can have a mountain or something. and i'm not usually one for variants but I wouldn't mind a battle damaged Vegeta, bonus points if they flock him :D

What if they did Goku holding part of the tower from Pilaf's castle and Gohan is holding a giant rock?

And isn't Great Ape Vegeta already battle damaged? lol Flocked would be pretty cool though!

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:03 pm

Mags wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Mags wrote:Speaking of new DBZ pops how 'bout them SDCC reveals, huh? lol

I’m so excited about ghost gotenks. I literally squealed at my desk. It was embarrassing.

Me too! I might actually grab two for display purposes haha Gotta have Gotenks flanked by his ghosts. I've got Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks on preorder, and I know he's gonna look really great with the ghosts flanking him!

I need to find Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks. I didn’t preorder because I was hoping to find it locally but I may have to bite the bullet.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Mags wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
I’m so excited about ghost gotenks. I literally squealed at my desk. It was embarrassing.

Me too! I might actually grab two for display purposes haha Gotta have Gotenks flanked by his ghosts. I've got Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks on preorder, and I know he's gonna look really great with the ghosts flanking him!

I need to find Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks. I didn’t preorder because I was hoping to find it locally but I may have to bite the bullet.

I found it for $20 online from Dragons Trading and I think they've still got orders up. They're legit, I ordered AAA Vegeta from them in January and they shipped it out quick - it was at my house within a week.

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:48 pm

Mags wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Mags wrote:Me too! I might actually grab two for display purposes haha Gotta have Gotenks flanked by his ghosts. I've got Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks on preorder, and I know he's gonna look really great with the ghosts flanking him!

I found it for $20 online from Dragons Trading and I think they've still got orders up. They're legit, I ordered AAA Vegeta from them in January and they shipped it out quick - it was at my house within a week.

Thanks for the tip! I’ll go buy one.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Kaosu

Postby Kaosu » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:12 pm

I finally got shipping confirmation for my Gotenks SSJ3, now we also need SSJ3 Gotenks ghosts lol
Hello!! My name is Jonathan
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:18 pm

Mags wrote:What if they did Goku holding part of the tower from Pilaf's castle and Gohan is holding a giant rock?

And isn't Great Ape Vegeta already battle damaged? lol Flocked would be pretty cool though!

one of his shoulder pads is broken, but I was thinking way more beaten up armor and missing his eye. and i'd be ok with the Pilaf tower, I only said the world Tourney building because I own a cel of that scene lol

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:01 am

Mags wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
Mags wrote:Speaking of new DBZ pops how 'bout them SDCC reveals, huh? lol

Lol they knew what they were doing when they made the gotenks ghost. You definitely cant have just one gotenks ghost surrounding gotenks. Thats lame. Lol you need multiples for sure.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:12 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Mags wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Lol they knew what they were doing when they made the gotenks ghost. You definitely cant have just one gotenks ghost surrounding gotenks. Thats lame. Lol you need multiples for sure.

My husband and our bank account are quite upset with this idea and are trying to convince me that one ghost is plenty.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:14 am

Not sure how feasible it would be but it'd be great to get the Kame house somehow in pop form lol

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:25 pm

TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Mags wrote:Me too! I might actually grab two for display purposes haha Gotta have Gotenks flanked by his ghosts. I've got Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks on preorder, and I know he's gonna look really great with the ghosts flanking him!

My husband and our bank account are quite upset with this idea and are trying to convince me that one ghost is plenty.

Lol lol lol one ghost is never enough. How can you recreate a super ghost kamikaze attack with just one gotenks!!!! Im honestly getting 5 just to purely recreate the ghost kamikaze attack
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:16 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
TheStephil wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Lol they knew what they were doing when they made the gotenks ghost. You definitely cant have just one gotenks ghost surrounding gotenks. Thats lame. Lol you need multiples for sure.

Lol lol lol one ghost is never enough. How can you recreate a super ghost kamikaze attack with just one gotenks!!!! Im honestly getting 5 just to purely recreate the ghost kamikaze attack

That is pure dedication right there. I want 3 because I think that will look good display wise. We shall see. If I win the SDCC lottery then I'll be a bit more careful cause there will be more I want to buy.
Hi, I’m Steph.

Mags

Postby Mags » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:09 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Mags wrote:What if they did Goku holding part of the tower from Pilaf's castle and Gohan is holding a giant rock?

one of his shoulder pads is broken, but I was thinking way more beaten up armor and missing his eye. and i'd be ok with the Pilaf tower, I only said the world Tourney building because I own a cel of that scene lol

Oh nice! I'm hoping to get some animation cels soon.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:28 pm

Mags wrote:Oh nice! I'm hoping to get some animation cels soon.

I was pretty big into collecting them a few years back, mostly Dragon Ball in the collection.

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:49 pm

Fugly16 wrote:Not sure how feasible it would be but it'd be great to get the Kame house somehow in pop form lol

They did SpongeBob's house they better do THIS!
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

Mags

Postby Mags » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:59 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Mags wrote:Oh nice! I'm hoping to get some animation cels soon.

I was pretty big into collecting them a few years back, mostly Dragon Ball in the collection.

A buddy of mine collects them and he occasionally sends me links to ones he thinks are cool but he doesn't want to buy. He's pretty tight with a vendor that goes to a local con and follows their eBay account to see when they put up new stuff.

The1one1

Postby The1one1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:31 pm

How about Roshi riding the turtle?!
Aloha! Call me Cliffy!
IG: The1one1

ImageImageImage ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:03 am

Mags wrote:A buddy of mine collects them and he occasionally sends me links to ones he thinks are cool but he doesn't want to buy. He's pretty tight with a vendor that goes to a local con and follows their eBay account to see when they put up new stuff.

I've occasionally browsed ebay from time to time to see what kind of prices they're going for these days, seems with the resurgence of Super prices have shot up again. I don't have anything super amazing, but I have some pretty neat shots.

Mags

Postby Mags » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:06 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Mags wrote:A buddy of mine collects them and he occasionally sends me links to ones he thinks are cool but he doesn't want to buy. He's pretty tight with a vendor that goes to a local con and follows their eBay account to see when they put up new stuff.

I've occasionally browsed ebay from time to time to see what kind of prices they're going for these days, seems with the resurgence of Super prices have shot up again. I don't have anything super amazing, but I have some pretty neat shots.

At this point I would be ok with something from either a show I watch(ed) or one I just think looks cool lol

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:58 am

Mags wrote:At this point I would be ok with something from either a show I watch(ed) or one I just think looks cool lol

there's plenty out there, sad part is however that most shows have been computer animated for a long time now so cels are a thing of the past. if you ever get super bored I can show you my cel gallery some time, like I said nothing amazing but a few neat DBZ ones in there.

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:39 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Mags wrote:At this point I would be ok with something from either a show I watch(ed) or one I just think looks cool lol

there's plenty out there, sad part is however that most shows have been computer animated for a long time now so cels are a thing of the past. if you ever get super bored I can show you my cel gallery some time, like I said nothing amazing but a few neat DBZ ones in there.

For sure, share!

vegeta84

Postby vegeta84 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:41 am

Hoping we get the Ginyu Force soon.

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:49 am

Ginyu force, Hercule, super Saiyan 4 goku and vegeta
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
For sure, share!

nothing too exciting, but it's been forever since I've been able to talk about this sort of thing so I hope some of you get into collecting so I can look at new pieces again lol

http://mryac.rubberslug.com/gallery/mas ... iesID=5668

Niteowl_1 wrote:Ginyu force, Hercule, super Saiyan 4 goku and vegeta

I fully approve this list!

Mags

Postby Mags » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:07 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
For sure, share!

nothing too exciting, but it's been forever since I've been able to talk about this sort of thing so I hope some of you get into collecting so I can look at new pieces again lol

http://mryac.rubberslug.com/gallery/mas ... iesID=5668

Awesome cel collection! I appreciate the number of Guldo cels you've got haha

I think my favorite is the one of Vegeta firing the blast. That was one of my favorite fights in Z pre time-skip.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:49 pm

Mags wrote:Awesome cel collection! I appreciate the number of Guldo cels you've got haha

I think my favorite is the one of Vegeta firing the blast. That was one of my favorite fights in Z pre time-skip.

people think i'm lying when I say Guldo is my favorite lol and yeah, I love the Gallic Gun shot, it's probably my only "high end" piece in the collection.

I would lose my mind if they could ever figure out how to make a "moment" set of that beam struggle :eek:

Mags

Postby Mags » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:48 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Mags wrote:Awesome cel collection! I appreciate the number of Guldo cels you've got haha

people think i'm lying when I say Guldo is my favorite lol and yeah, I love the Gallic Gun shot, it's probably my only "high end" piece in the collection.

I would lose my mind if they could ever figure out how to make a "moment" set of that beam struggle :eek:

I'd love to see a moment of the Kamehameha vs the Gallic Gun! Although I feel like if it happened there wouldn't really be an aura around Goku and Vegeta but rather just the beams themselves.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:44 pm

Mags wrote:I'd love to see a moment of the Kamehameha vs the Gallic Gun! Although I feel like if it happened there wouldn't really be an aura around Goku and Vegeta but rather just the beams themselves.

it'd be tough for sure, maybe glow tech will advance enough for them to pull it off soon :D

dedboy

Postby dedboy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:48 pm

Flocked SS4 Goku and Vegeta would be amazing!!! :)
Hi there! I'm Jared! Team Bacon 4 Life!!!

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:20 pm

vegeta84 wrote:Hoping we get the Ginyu Force soon.

Same here! :bounce:
:freddy1:

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:47 am

TheStephil wrote:
Mags wrote:
TheStephil wrote:

Thanks for the tip! I’ll go buy one.

I can second the recommendation for DragonsTrading, at the time I ordered from them, I questioned if they were a legit company or not and when my pop came in minty fresh, I was very pleased
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:38 am

dedboy wrote:

Flocked SS4 Goku and Vegeta would be amazing!!! :)

These are all must own if made. Metallic 5 pack ginyu force. FLOCKED HERCULE!!! I can imagine it being similar to flocked bob ross
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Im sad. Lol theres only 2 dbz con exclusives so far. There is a huge missed opportunity for Gogeta and The new Broly as well as a 5 pack of the Ginyu Force in pose!!!
PopPChulo

Mags

Postby Mags » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:58 pm

PopPChulo wrote:Im sad. Lol theres only 2 dbz con exclusives so far. There is a huge missed opportunity for Gogeta and The new Broly as well as a 5 pack of the Ginyu Force in pose!!!

Maybe those are getting saved for NYCC?

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:12 am

Mags wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:Im sad. Lol theres only 2 dbz con exclusives so far. There is a huge missed opportunity for Gogeta and The new Broly as well as a 5 pack of the Ginyu Force in pose!!!

Maybe those are getting saved for NYCC?

Gogeta will happen, as well as the new Broly. Just got to be patient.
:freddy1:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:55 am

Niteowl_1 wrote:
These are all must own if made. Metallic 5 pack ginyu force. FLOCKED HERCULE!!! I can imagine it being similar to flocked bob ross

why metallic?

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:31 am

Hopefully there's more cuz I feel your pain :(
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

Return to “Pop!”