Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
FearlessPhotog

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby FearlessPhotog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:48 pm

mmmrice wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:Such an incredible piece, I wish i had been at table 20! lol

I have a feeling it's not all random haha.

yeahhh, i wonder if the table distribution is really random lol

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:39 pm

Rice71 wrote:
mmmrice wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:Such an incredible piece, I wish i had been at table 20! lol

It was a big surprise, wasn’t expecting that. When David Harbour said table 20, I started yelling.

Oh, nice to see you got one!

Thrillofthehunt

Postby Thrillofthehunt » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:32 am

That pop is really mind blowing, and so limited! Congrats to those who got one
:freddy3: Image ImageImage

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:16 am

FredKruger wrote:
mmmrice wrote:
anime23 wrote:

So they had at least 3 people at table 20. Wow...

I'm not surprised, it seems like Fundays also doubles as part of a thank you to distributors who have been with Funko for a while. I know that Fugitive toys also gets tickets every year it seems.

Just out of curiosity, if you had a 40pc Hopper, what would you sell it for, or try to trade for? His price is a bit high, but given limited nature of the piece, it isn't too unreasonable. Big Apple has been great when I used em.

Not speaking about the other exclusives only the 40 PC Hopper?

Honestly, I probably wouldn't sell it because its shiny lol. But if I was I would just let people bid I wouldn't know the value. For trade I would just go after what I wanted the person is either going to say yes or no. Might as well shoot for what I want. Well probably multiple things I want lol
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

anime23

Postby anime23 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:21 am

Rice71 wrote:
angrykoalagear wrote:I can see how BAC was able to win three being that you can choose to create your party of ten and lucky to be selected to sit at a table #20. My wife and I were fortunate to be able to join a group that still needed a couple and ended up at the lucky Ghostbusters #20! This being our fifth Fundays, I would say it was a special night celebrating 20 years. Not going to lie, $2000 sounds nice, but we still have our Gold Hoppers that remain with our Freddy's and other limited pieces because of the Funko love!

bac wasn’t at a table 20. They just cashed out a couple people. I had some people ask me if it was for sale. I was offered Sdcc exclusives and cash. Didn’t take it.

Congratulations. Like that you needed a table and that table needed a couple. FATE!
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

Funko-N-Fitness

Postby Funko-N-Fitness » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:23 am

Mos_Eisley wrote:Yeah, table 20s had an especially great night!

Table 20 and in the Goonies, were clearly the winners of Fundays. LE 40 Gold Hopper AND Yoda Freddy!

angrykoalagear

Postby angrykoalagear » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:13 pm

anime23 wrote:
Rice71 wrote:
angrykoalagear wrote:I can see how BAC was able to win three being that you can choose to create your party of ten and lucky to be selected to sit at a table #20. My wife and I were fortunate to be able to join a group that still needed a couple and ended up at the lucky Ghostbusters #20! This being our fifth Fundays, I would say it was a special night celebrating 20 years. Not going to lie, $2000 sounds nice, but we still have our Gold Hoppers that remain with our Freddy's and other limited pieces because of the Funko love!

bac wasn’t at a table 20. They just cashed out a couple people. I had some people ask me if it was for sale. I was offered Sdcc exclusives and cash. Didn’t take it.

Congratulations. Like that you needed a table and that table needed a couple. FATE!

Fate indeed!

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:33 pm

i wonder if the seating was random or vips?

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:26 pm

jenjen wrote:i wonder if the seating was random or vips?

Like stated multiple times here...it was all random. No VIPs were sitting at any of the table 20’s.
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:50 pm

jenjen wrote:i wonder if the seating was random or vips?

It was complete random

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:29 pm

Funko-N-Fitness wrote:

Table 20 and in the Goonies, were clearly the winners of Fundays. LE 40 Gold Hopper AND Yoda Freddy!

oh man that would have been just downright incredible! lol

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:18 am

Can wait for PPG to show LE 40, owned 63. Lol
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:07 am

Jortega321 wrote:Can wait for PPG to show LE 40, owned 63. Lol

Some people just want to feel included haha.

Kenjutsu763

Postby Kenjutsu763 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:38 pm

thewerepuppygrr wrote:Congrats! I'm a completist of the Stranger Things set but I'm actually ok with never owning a gold Hopper - not a variant that makes much sense to me. A cool bonus for attendees though!

I feel the same way. My friends keep telling me to spray paint a common hopper, but I just don't see the point, as it wouldn't be a real one, and it's not as cool without having received it at the event.

I received the Ahoy Robin and Steve along with the Freddy -Steve w/Bat. I think those are cool enough. I'm definitely not counting the Freddy variations towards my complete collection.
"You're overwhelmed. Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?"- Dick Grayson, Young Justice 1x01

Collection: Ask, and I'll send a link ;)
ISO: Monk Tang(Gold)
Signature from soliquenl https://soliquenl.deviantart.com/

AjFunkoDude

Postby AjFunkoDude » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:12 pm

Kenjutsu763 wrote:
thewerepuppygrr wrote:Congrats! I'm a completist of the Stranger Things set but I'm actually ok with never owning a gold Hopper - not a variant that makes much sense to me. A cool bonus for attendees though!

I feel the same way. My friends keep telling me to spray paint a common hopper, but I just don't see the point, as it wouldn't be a real one, and it's not as cool without having received it at the event.

I received the Ahoy Robin and Steve along with the Freddy -Steve w/Bat. I think those are cool enough. I'm definitely not counting the Freddy variations towards my complete collection.

I feel the same way, it would have been great to be at the table but at the same time to have 1 of the 40 is still awesome.
Checkout my new Funko channel
https://youtube.com/channel/UCQY2uTz-9ITlS6FsLz3lElg
Instagram: @AjFunkoHead

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Some collectors confuse me... if every collectible was a common and was available everywhere, would we really want them? As a collector, would I want a collection that inevitably has no value? What price is good enough? What is to high a price? It's a cool piece, like many said it's really only that cool because it has a sticker that says 1 of 40. Otherwise it would not be that cool. Not sure why people are so unhappy about a company selling 3 for 2k a piece. If they sold 3 at $15 a price, we all still would not have them.

jenjen

Postby jenjen » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:45 pm

i could only imagine the looks they got. good thing it’s a very civilized party.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:15 pm

conventiongeek wrote:Some collectors confuse me... if every collectible was a common and was available everywhere, would we really want them? As a collector, would I want a collection that inevitably has no value? What price is good enough? What is to high a price? It's a cool piece, like many said it's really only that cool because it has a sticker that says 1 of 40. Otherwise it would not be that cool. Not sure why people are so unhappy about a company selling 3 for 2k a piece. If they sold 3 at $15 a price, we all still would not have them.

If all the collectibles were common I'd probably not be collecting some of the fandoms I have now. Most definitely guilty of buying a pop for it's collectible value lol. However, on the other side there are lines in my collection that I still would collect even though they're cheap (because i really like the character or look of e pop).
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

andibgoode

Postby andibgoode » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:53 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:Some collectors confuse me... if every collectible was a common and was available everywhere, would we really want them? As a collector, would I want a collection that inevitably has no value? What price is good enough? What is to high a price? It's a cool piece, like many said it's really only that cool because it has a sticker that says 1 of 40. Otherwise it would not be that cool. Not sure why people are so unhappy about a company selling 3 for 2k a piece. If they sold 3 at $15 a price, we all still would not have them.

If all the collectibles were common I'd probably not be collecting some of the fandoms I have now. Most definitely guilty of buying a pop for it's collectible value lol. However, on the other side there are lines in my collection that I still would collect even though they're cheap (because i really like the character or look of e pop).

To be honest, I’d still collect everything I have if they were cheap. In fact that’s what I like about pop vinyls - nearly every one I love IS cheap and it’s a nice break from my other collections. But I also don’t collect things because of monetary value (it’s just unfortunate a lot of other things I like to collect are expensive lol ). That holds no bearing for me. Like, I have a collection of erasers that is quite literally worthless in terms of $$$ but they make me happy.

(That’s not to say I don’t know the value of my collection for insurance purposes. Or that it’s not sometimes neat to find out something I bought cheap has shot up in value but I never collect because something has monetary value and if my collection was worth ten cents it’d still mean the world to me).

ETA: in fact sometimes I’m put off if something is super expensive or rare etc lol

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:08 pm

FearlessPhotog wrote:
Funko-N-Fitness wrote:

oh man that would have been just downright incredible! lol

Well I figured table 20 because it was Funko's 20th anniversary. So not quite "random" in my mind.
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Kickinittt

Postby Kickinittt » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:05 pm

FearlessPhotog wrote:
mmmrice wrote:

I can confirm that at least with the Gremlins section it was random! I was with 9 other people in line (a full 10-person group). When they scanned our passes and gave us badges with team and table number assignments, we told the girl we all wanted to be at the same table. Once we got our bags and walked out of that line, we noticed 7 of our people were at table 23 while myself and 2 others were put at table 20. The other 7 that sat at our table said pretty much the same happened for them. They had 10 and were split up from their group.

So it was most definitely random! Even if Funko knew who I was (I wish!) and were somehow rigging it, I was a +1. So my name was never on a list and for all Funko knew, I wasn’t going to be in attendance. My friend who gave me his +1 got our passes during the general sale and he’s a new collector and isn’t even a forum member.

Hopefully that’s enough to put any theories on table 20 not being randomly assigned to rest.
Follow me on IG @kickin_ittt

Events I’ve attended.

Artwork I’ve created for events.

Kickinittt

Postby Kickinittt » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:07 pm

Funko-N-Fitness wrote:

Lmao!!! I agree! I’m completely happy with my Hopper and Fundays in general! But being in the Gremlins section and not getting a yoda has left a hole inside of me :X lol!!! I love my Alien Freddy though :]
Follow me on IG @kickin_ittt

Events I’ve attended.

Artwork I’ve created for events.

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:57 pm

conventiongeek wrote:Some collectors confuse me... if every collectible was a common and was available everywhere, would we really want them? As a collector, would I want a collection that inevitably has no value.

Yes.

Because I collect what I like for my personal enjoyment. The value is having a full display of something I like. Collecting toys for investment or “value” is dumb. There are better, safer, more profitable things to put your money toward if you are concerned about monetary value or prestige.

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:Some collectors confuse me... if every collectible was a common and was available everywhere, would we really want them? As a collector, would I want a collection that inevitably has no value.

Yes.

Because I collect what I like for my personal enjoyment. The value is having a full display of something I like. Collecting toys for investment or “value” is dumb. There are better, safer, more profitable things to put your money toward if you are concerned about monetary value or prestige.
I agree with CV’s statement. I, too, do the same when collecting (not worrying about how common an item is) and I enjoy it!
:freddy1:

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:02 pm

mmmrice wrote:

Or they got the Fugazi spray painted ones :eek:

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:33 pm

I gave up on this. So sad, but im not over trading or paying for it. Bye bye David Harbour <3

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:51 pm

Kwik_One wrote:
mmmrice wrote:

I know 8 people on my table aren’t on ppg. So when it gets closer to 40 someone’s lying.
ImageImage
ImageImage

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:09 pm

Rice71 wrote:
Kwik_One wrote:
mmmrice wrote:Some people just want to feel included haha.

I know 8 people on my table aren’t on ppg. So when it gets closer to 40 someone’s lying.

If people trade/sell one and don't remove it from their ppg, then the new owner adds it, won't that mess up the count too?
Image Image

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:13 pm

Funko-N-Fitness wrote:

True that

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:14 pm

mmmrice wrote:

That's me for sure! lol

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:17 pm

Geescube wrote:I gave up on this. So sad, but im not over trading or paying for it. Bye bye David Harbour <3

I gave up on it as soon as I heard 40.

thejanellybean

Postby thejanellybean » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:02 pm

FearlessPhotog wrote:
mmmrice wrote:

I was supposed to be at table 20 but they somehow mixed our group up when they handed out the table badges. Even though we all lined up together. She wouldn’t let us trade either so our friend group could sit together. I guess I know why now ...
ImageImage

Hqsdfan619

Postby Hqsdfan619 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:44 pm

congrats to all those who got one!! I am a stranger things collector.

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:52 pm

thejanellybean wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:
mmmrice wrote:I have a feeling it's not all random haha.

I was supposed to be at table 20 but they somehow mixed our group up when they handed out the table badges. Even though we all lined up together. She wouldn’t let us trade either so our friend group could sit together. I guess I know why now ...

dang, I would be so salty if that happened to me :mad:

thejanellybean

Postby thejanellybean » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:32 am

FearlessPhotog wrote:
thejanellybean wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:

dang, I would be so salty if that happened to me :mad:

I just sat and stared when they announced it lol
ImageImage

sshhhaun

Postby sshhhaun » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:03 am

Congrats to everyone who got one. A must keep if you got unless you are not collecting the line. Just hoped they made more for other set collectors.
Happy Collecting! Cheers! \:D/

#FunkoFunaticPhilippines
#TeamBatman #TeamDeadpool
#FunkoSoda

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:42 am

sshhhaun wrote:Congrats to everyone who got one. A must keep if you got unless you are not collecting the line. Just hoped they made more for other set collectors.

I think those limited counts aren't likely to be overproduced since they're in the business of collectibles haha but definitely a Grail that will be difficult to get.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:45 am

Someone just paid $1000 for a custom one. Ouch lmao

DubJay81

Postby DubJay81 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:31 am

Well after seeing all of this glad I stood away from Stranger Things even thou I wanted to collect this set. With this Pop illnpass on the set. I try to complete a set... Makes it hard with this out there. Lol oh well.
Keep spreading that Funko Love... :freddy1:
New York Comic 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20(Virtual)
NYC Fugitive Event 2018/2019

drehill

Postby drehill » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:06 am

The giveaways shouldn't get numbered in sequence, and Pops that are never offered for sale shouldn't' be considered part of the true line IMO.

Return to “Pop!”