Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Katers

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Katers » Wed May 29, 2019 2:20 pm

Kickinittt wrote:I was lucky enough to be at table 20 in the Gremlins section and got a gold hopper! As awesome as that is, the story goes south from there =\

4-5 months ago I fell into some really rough financial times and sold my Hopper on eBay. It was packaged in a stack, wrapped in bubble wrap, inside a small box, which was also wrapped in bubblwrap and in a larger 3rd box. I also fully insured the shipment.

The buyer messages me after it arrives claiming it was damaged. They sent pics and it was literally a scratch/cut across the LE40 sticker. That damage was literally impossible the way I packaged it, especially since the shipping boxes had no damage to them either. The guy said he wanted his money back and I assured him one way or another I’d take care of him. He decided he wanted to try filing the insurance claim on his end first. After 30 days it was denied. I wanted to try again on my end but he refused to send more pictures and said he refused to wait any longer. I contacted Ebay immediately and they told me since it’s after their 30-day guarantee, the buyer would have to work with me or be stuck with the item. The next morning I woke up to an email from PayPal saying the buyer opened a claim that the item was “drastically different than what was ordered”. They immediately took the sale amount out of my account, putting me at a negative balance. I sent all of my evidence and our conversations, yet PayPal still sided with the buyer. He immediately got his money back and I got an email saying they notified the buyer to return the item, but due to consumer protection laws they cannot guarantee it’s return. I contacted the buyer via email and he literally told me he refused to send it back despite having his money back. PayPal told me all I can do is hire a small claims attorney if I ever want the item or the money back.

Soooo yeah, I got scammed out of my beloved Gold Hopper :( Lesson learned, never sell a high value item on eBay or through PayPal and never trust a buyer you don’t know.

I'm so sorry to hear how spectacularly South this went for you. This is truly a nightmare scenario! Really hoping you are able to win in small claims court against this jerk.

Thanks to this cautionary tale, I've now learned how to block a buyer on ebay. Good info to know!
Image ImageImage Image

deetran24

Postby deetran24 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:11 pm

Selling grails off eBay is challenging because of these bad apples!
Lakers|Pops|Lakers :freddy3:
Fundays: 2018|2019
Favorite Sets: The Office|F.R.I.E.N.D.S.|Saved By The Bell|GOT|

Kickinittt

Postby Kickinittt » Wed May 29, 2019 6:27 pm

Thank you everybody for your kind words of support and for the pointers some of you gave! I’m definitely taking him to small claims, but I’m going to look into the attorney general thing and how I can have charges pressed on this guy for fraud and blatant theft.

On a happier note, I got through on the general sale and will be seeing a bunch of you at Freaky Tiki Fundays! The last time I was this happy was Fundays last year! Lol ^___^ I’m beyond excited!
Follow me on IG @kickin_ittt

Events I’ve attended.

Artwork I’ve created for events.

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Wed May 29, 2019 6:49 pm

wow that sucks.

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Wed May 29, 2019 6:51 pm

Kickinittt wrote:Thank you everybody for your kind words of support and for the pointers some of you gave! I’m definitely taking him to small claims, but I’m going to look into the attorney general thing and how I can have charges pressed on this guy for fraud and blatant theft.

On a happier note, I got through on the general sale and will be seeing a bunch of you at Freaky Tiki Fundays! The last time I was this happy was Fundays last year! Lol ^___^ I’m beyond excited!

That's so awesome! Can't wait to see you there! :)
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

Joshua1117

Postby Joshua1117 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:07 pm

Not a huge fan.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu May 30, 2019 9:12 pm

Kickinittt wrote:Thank you everybody for your kind words of support and for the pointers some of you gave! I’m definitely taking him to small claims, but I’m going to look into the attorney general thing and how I can have charges pressed on this guy for fraud and blatant theft.

Great news!!! hope to see you there!! Fundays does have a tendency to make people very happy! \:D/
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

millone

Postby millone » Thu May 30, 2019 10:03 pm

Greymom wrote:Cautionary tale. I'll definitely think twice about putting high-end items on eBay. People can be so dishonest and scandalous!

Yeah and too many ways to get scammed. Sorry to hear about this story

Cephus

Postby Cephus » Thu May 30, 2019 10:40 pm

Kickinittt wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
Kickinittt wrote:I posted it above ^^^. Lol just noticed you’ve got nearly the same exact name as me O___o

I’m really sorry that happened to you. Does the buyer live close to anyone you know? I always thought that a buyer had to send back the purchase in order to get a refund. This buyer got the money back and got to keep the extremely rare and expensive purchase? What a nightmare for the seller.

Unfortunately since it was through PayPal that they filed their claim, they didn’t have to send the item back before getting their refund. Paypal literally told me they can’t guarantee or oversee the return of my item =\ So yeah, sadly they did get their money back and still have my Hopper :(

That's where you file a lawsuit.

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:56 pm

Cephus wrote:
Kickinittt wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
I’m really sorry that happened to you. Does the buyer live close to anyone you know? I always thought that a buyer had to send back the purchase in order to get a refund. This buyer got the money back and got to keep the extremely rare and expensive purchase? What a nightmare for the seller.

Unfortunately since it was through PayPal that they filed their claim, they didn’t have to send the item back before getting their refund. Paypal literally told me they can’t guarantee or oversee the return of my item =\ So yeah, sadly they did get their money back and still have my Hopper :(

I’d lawyer up to at that point.

My name is G.

ISO: my first proto.

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:09 am

Kickinittt wrote:I was lucky enough to be at table 20 in the Gremlins section and got a gold hopper! As awesome as that is, the story goes south from there =\

4-5 months ago I fell into some really rough financial times and sold my Hopper on eBay. It was packaged in a stack, wrapped in bubble wrap, inside a small box, which was also wrapped in bubblwrap and in a larger 3rd box. I also fully insured the shipment.

The buyer messages me after it arrives claiming it was damaged. They sent pics and it was literally a scratch/cut across the LE40 sticker. That damage was literally impossible the way I packaged it, especially since the shipping boxes had no damage to them either. The guy said he wanted his money back and I assured him one way or another I’d take care of him. He decided he wanted to try filing the insurance claim on his end first. After 30 days it was denied. I wanted to try again on my end but he refused to send more pictures and said he refused to wait any longer. I contacted Ebay immediately and they told me since it’s after their 30-day guarantee, the buyer would have to work with me or be stuck with the item. The next morning I woke up to an email from PayPal saying the buyer opened a claim that the item was “drastically different than what was ordered”. They immediately took the sale amount out of my account, putting me at a negative balance. I sent all of my evidence and our conversations, yet PayPal still sided with the buyer. He immediately got his money back and I got an email saying they notified the buyer to return the item, but due to consumer protection laws they cannot guarantee it’s return. I contacted the buyer via email and he literally told me he refused to send it back despite having his money back. PayPal told me all I can do is hire a small claims attorney if I ever want the item or the money back.

Soooo yeah, I got scammed out of my beloved Gold Hopper :( Lesson learned, never sell a high value item on eBay or through PayPal and never trust a buyer you don’t know.

Horrible...so sorry this happened
It’s me Lynda

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:09 am

One of the holy grails I hope to one day get!
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:17 am

Cephus wrote:
Kickinittt wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:

Even small claims court if necessary tbh. Hate to hear things like this happening to collectors.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:49 am

Hope everything works out for you and to see you at Fundays! Good luck!!
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:54 am

Good for you man. That’s really messed up what he did to you.

My name is G.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:07 am

Wow, horrible story. I can't fathom how PayPal would do that, makes me rethink using Ebay at all if there is no protection for the seller at all, that's a joke. I'd almost contact Ebay again about it, cant imagine they would let their "customers" take a hit like that. And what a scumbag that guy is.

On a side not, got denied again for fundays, so enjoy, I'm sure will be a great time, and hopefully consolation for this fiasco. Maybe I can finally get in next year, and Funko can get rid of the flipper horde that attends every year as a large portion of the attendees. SMH, but that's another story.

Sorry again to hear this, that's worst case scenario for a high value pop. Honestly, the guy prob planned to do that from the beginning, and that's the prob. Ebay is rolling out their own version of PayPal, and I'd hope that is a new feature.

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:10 am

PopPChulo wrote:
Cephus wrote:
Kickinittt wrote:

Even small claims court if necessary tbh. Hate to hear things like this happening to collectors.

Alternatively, you could have immediately withdrawn the money from PayPal, put in your bank, and file fraud if anyone tries to touch it once in bank. Crazy, the scammers out there these days.

Mantheharp00n

Postby Mantheharp00n » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:37 am

FredKruger wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
Cephus wrote:

Alternatively, you could have immediately withdrawn the money from PayPal, put in your bank, and file fraud if anyone tries to touch it once in bank. Crazy, the scammers out there these days.

That’s true to.

My name is G.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:44 am

What a bad experience!

anime23

Postby anime23 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:14 am

Kickinittt wrote:
anime23 wrote:

I have never heard of paypal doing that. I thought it all had to go through eBay. Now I have heard of eBay doing that but I thought wants the said its past the 30 days that is it.

Well that’s exactly what Paypal did. It was outside of ebay’s 30-day policy so they went through PayPal which has a 180-day policy. They ruled in his favor and literally in my email stating they sided with the buyer it says they cannot guarantee the return of my item due to “consumer protection laws”. The moment they filed the claim the funds were taken out of my PayPal account and the moment they ruled in his favor they dispersed it back to him.

That's so crappy. I hope you do take him to court. You have pictures of what it looked like when you packed it? I am not sure how you prevent something like this from happening outside of removing your bank account after a big purchase. Seems drastic though. Paypal needs a better claim procedure.
Would you believe I just found the signature block? My name is Kimberly check out my foodagram @imonehungrynerd or nerdy stuff @thenerdelement

Image Image

Thepopninja

Postby Thepopninja » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:58 pm

I seen a few fake gold hoppers out on the ebay market already... Thats why we cant have nice things.
\:D/ from the shadow realm.... enters ThePopNinja

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:18 pm

To my Knowledge there are only 39 because, i saw someone make a video smahing him to bits, i almost cried and threw up !! i was so upset !! meanwhile i am the biggest stranger things Fan and would have traded a kidney for it lol lol lol
INSTAGRAM: @Pop.A.Razzi

YeetGrimes
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby YeetGrimes » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:To my Knowledge there are only 39 because, i saw someone make a video smahing him to bits, i almost cried and threw up !! i was so upset !! meanwhile i am the biggest stranger things Fan and would have traded a kidney for it lol lol lol

NO WAY! Oh my goodness, I hope that was fake! lol
Hiya, I'm Julie Bove! I'm an It fanatic and completist as well as an artist that frequently creates Funko and pop culture-related pieces. Check them out on my social medias: https://linktr.ee/yeetgrimes

ImageImageImageImageImage Image

A-Okay

Postby A-Okay » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Some people are just predatory and opportunistic. I was so troubled to hear about this gold hopper ebay fiasco. Definitely a cautionary tale. I don't know how these people sleep at night.
Hi, I'm Kelly!
I collect Pop!, Dorbz, PSH, Hikari, Bimtoy's Tiny Ghost/Chanpu Chanpu, and anything Freddy Funko
I hunt and collect with my boys
Maui Zaui all day long!!!

Image Image
ImageImage

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:26 pm

YeetGrimes wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:To my Knowledge there are only 39 because, i saw someone make a video smahing him to bits, i almost cried and threw up !! i was so upset !! meanwhile i am the biggest stranger things Fan and would have traded a kidney for it lol lol lol

Nope It was really !!! and it was so sad !! i might have shed a tear lol

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:

Pop_A_Razzi

Postby Pop_A_Razzi » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:32 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
Pop_A_Razzi wrote:
YeetGrimes wrote:NO WAY! Oh my goodness, I hope that was fake! lol

:eek: :eek: im not sure i may have PTSD all i rmeber is the guy stepping on it like 50 times and everyone laughing like crazy ... it was on a loop and i couldnt stop watching lol ............ :eek: 8-[ 8-[

Return to “Pop!”