Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Legion Of Boom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:53 pm

I was at table 19 #teamgoonies, 20 was right next to us and I know a few that we’re sitting at that table...it was completely random and extremely lucky that they were put at that table. Congrats to all that got one, such a great giveaway!

I’ve been to 5 straight Fundays, and they get better and better every year!!
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:24 pm

pop-inandout-9 wrote:This suprise def upstages kevin smith,then to bring out a new actress from Stranger things , woahhhhh, wont even realize how awesome it was till the 3rd season!

I know!! This years guests were amazing! =D> =D>

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:33 pm

dexiesmom wrote:
pop-inandout-9 wrote:This suprise def upstages kevin smith,then to bring out a new actress from Stranger things , woahhhhh, wont even realize how awesome it was till the 3rd season!

Agreed the celebrity appearances was awesome, Fundays gets better year after year! I don’t know how they’ll surprise us all next year! :cheers:
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:36 pm

I'll never be Stranger Things complete again lol
ImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:48 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:

Agreed the celebrity appearances was awesome, Fundays gets better year after year! I don’t know how they’ll surprise us all next year! :cheers:

I know right?? I can't even imagine! Like Beyonce or something. =D> =D> =D>

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 pm

mmmrice wrote:
anime23 wrote:
wsm10 wrote:

They're a company who does a lot of different exclusives at a markup. It's hilarious because their saying on every page you open at the bottom says this:

And this is what they do to "help collectors":

How anyone can give this garbage company money after these and all the funday stuff they have up for absolute ripoffs is beyond me. Scumbag company.

So they had at least 3 people at table 20. Wow...

I'm not surprised, it seems like Fundays also doubles as part of a thank you to distributors who have been with Funko for a while. I know that Fugitive toys also gets tickets every year it seems.

Just out of curiosity, if you had a 40pc Hopper, what would you sell it for, or try to trade for? His price is a bit high, but given limited nature of the piece, it isn't too unreasonable. Big Apple has been great when I used em.

Not speaking about the other exclusives only the 40 PC Hopper?

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:51 am

FredKruger wrote:
mmmrice wrote:
anime23 wrote:

I'm not surprised, it seems like Fundays also doubles as part of a thank you to distributors who have been with Funko for a while. I know that Fugitive toys also gets tickets every year it seems.

Just out of curiosity, if you had a 40pc Hopper, what would you sell it for, or try to trade for? His price is a bit high, but given limited nature of the piece, it isn't too unreasonable. Big Apple has been great when I used em.

Personally, I would find a bigger ST fan then me and either do a trade for something I want that they might have, in a perfect world, at most a Shiva or something to that effect or value. If not, I would sell it to them for less than a fundays ticket. Like I said before, I'm different then most. It's why I wouldn't ever have a business, because I care more for helping collectors and making their day then making money.

I'm not saying everything I trade or sell is as good a deal as that, I look at this as something completely different. This could really make a person feel great about having said piece, where as other rare items I have don't come close, and mostly I just recoup cost on things I move. With that, I'd be happy making back some money on my ticket to the event.

It wouldn't be easy to part with for a minute, but I don't see it as a "must have," and I'm a completionist mostly. I would much, much, much rather have the Robin & Steve set. I'm also not into the gold pops after being disappointed with my Batman, Darkest Night Superman & Mega Man. Rather it go to someone who appreciates it more than I would. Anyways, that's my personal belief, and I know it's different.

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:54 am

I feel very sorry for completionists!
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby fischmioli » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:59 am

wsm10 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
mmmrice wrote:

Personally, I would find a bigger ST fan then me and either do a trade for something I want that they might have, in a perfect world, at most a Shiva or something to that effect or value. If not, I would sell it to them for less than a fundays ticket. Like I said before, I'm different then most. It's why I wouldn't ever have a business, because I care more for helping collectors and making their day then making money.

I'm not saying everything I trade or sell is as good a deal as that, I look at this as something completely different. This could really make a person feel great about having said piece, where as other rare items I have don't come close, and mostly I just recoup cost on things I move. With that, I'd be happy making back some money on my ticket to the event.

It wouldn't be easy to part with for a minute, but I don't see it as a "must have," and I'm a completionist mostly. I would much, much, much rather have the Robin & Steve set. I'm also not into the gold pops after being disappointed with my Batman, Darkest Night Superman & Mega Man. Rather it go to someone who appreciates it more than I would. Anyways, that's my personal belief, and I know it's different.

That’s nice of you. I’m not surprised at people trying to cash out on this pop. I’m a completionist and Stranger Things is one of the lines I am trying to get complete. With this gold Hopper it will stay incomplete. I am hoping that I can find someone who has it when I can drop a decent amount of cash for it.
Zach or Fisch

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:44 am

I always wondered if people would consider the Freddy collabs part of the collection because there are a lot of old ones out there.

Gonzo206

Postby Gonzo206 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:10 am

XSRK wrote:
Gonzo206 wrote:
Cephus wrote:
There are also real ones posted for close to $8k.

I mean, I understand that its LE 40, but 8K seems so high a price.

8K?! 800 I can understand but 8k wow

Right?!?! I'm sure the asking price will go down eventually

Instagram: whatthefunk206

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:14 am

I only had $600 cash on me at Fundays, really wish I brought more to try to get one of these off of someone. Stranger Things is the only line my mom collects and we both have a complete set until they dropped this Hopper. I won’t lie I was a little salty seeing people end up with multiples especially since we were at Table 23 but it was all good.

I think I’m good with not having him at this rate and I can tell myself that I won’t always get the things that I want. Was definitely a gut punch for a line with tons of comepltists though. Congrats to the people keeping him!
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

esteban123

Postby esteban123 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:39 pm

This was an awesome surprise. I wish I was at a table 20 but sadly I was table 2 lol
Hello All!!! My name is Esteban

Pop Count: 175

Must Have Pop: Holo Darth Maul

1st Pop: Anger from Inside Out

Luxor

Postby Luxor » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Congrats to table 20.. that's Awesome :freddy2:

peruwhite

Postby peruwhite » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:11 pm

Tried to read the post but it’s a little erratic out there but someone explain to me why a common mold still on shelves painted all gold brings such excitement to the community? No hate, not a huge Stranger Things fan so I may just not connect but I’d love to know why. Just that 40pc sticker? The fact it’s something rebranded as “hard to get” or what? Talk to me Funko fam! Did Hopper fall in a batch of Nacho cheese?...
Funko isn’t just pops, it’s an idea that could lead the world to something better!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:14 pm

peruwhite wrote: Just that 40pc sticker? The fact it’s something rebranded as “hard to get” or what? Talk to me Funko fam! Did Hopper fall in a batch of Nacho cheese?...

yes, yes and possibly.

peruwhite

Postby peruwhite » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:20 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
peruwhite wrote: Just that 40pc sticker? The fact it’s something rebranded as “hard to get” or what? Talk to me Funko fam! Did Hopper fall in a batch of Nacho cheese?...

yes, yes and possibly.

LMAO!!!
Funko isn’t just pops, it’s an idea that could lead the world to something better!

M37R01D

Postby M37R01D » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Gratz to take 20
16 here. So close but so far ](*,)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Admin of - Funko NFT Collectors BST, Funko Paka Paka & Snapsies BSTC & Funko Mystery Minis Hunt BSTC on FB

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:57 pm

peruwhite wrote:Tried to read the post but it’s a little erratic out there but someone explain to me why a common mold still on shelves painted all gold brings such excitement to the community? No hate, not a huge Stranger Things fan so I may just not connect but I’d love to know why. Just that 40pc sticker? The fact it’s something rebranded as “hard to get” or what? Talk to me Funko fam! Did Hopper fall in a batch of Nacho cheese?...

Sticker definitely plays a part. Also because before this pop, ST was perhaps one of those lines where many collectors could stay completed without spending an insane amount.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:22 am

KidMarvel wrote:
peruwhite wrote:Tried to read the post but it’s a little erratic out there but someone explain to me why a common mold still on shelves painted all gold brings such excitement to the community? No hate, not a huge Stranger Things fan so I may just not connect but I’d love to know why. Just that 40pc sticker? The fact it’s something rebranded as “hard to get” or what? Talk to me Funko fam! Did Hopper fall in a batch of Nacho cheese?...

Sticker definitely plays a part. Also because before this pop, ST was perhaps one of those lines where many collectors could stay completed without spending an insane amount.

this and this. before fundays we had a complete set and were working on a second. after fundays we were complete minus the 1/40 hopper. like most have said, it's a show very reminiscent of GoT in shear number of figures but much cheaper to accomplish. it's really the exclusivity and the fact that there are tons of completists out here that have made that figure exciting in my opinion. This is coming from someone who's actively part of the craziness and admits to it lol.

If they did a numbered piece for any of my main collecting wants, I'd always go after it even if I didn't like it because I've been conditioned that way. having complete lines of my favorite fandoms is always cool to see even if most are cheap.
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

Kickinittt

Postby Kickinittt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:22 am

CADPophunter wrote:I could only imagine the excitement of when people heard table 20. Even watching the livestream made it feel like an insane release

I don’t think I ever screamed so hard in my life as when he said table 20! I was in disbelief the entire night and it was hard to focus on the rest of the event! Lol. The fact that David Harbour himself handed us the bag made it that much more sweet ^___^ unlike the few people who have cashed out and sold theirs though, I plan on keeping it forevvvvvver. :] Best. Fundays. Ever.
Follow me on IG @kickin_ittt

Events I’ve attended.

Artwork I’ve created for events.

Kickinittt

Postby Kickinittt » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:25 am

I’ll admit I only read through half of these pages of comments, so I’m sorry if somebody already addressed this. But a lot of people all over the internet are saying this is just a common PAINTED gold... I even saw on eBay that someone has a reproduction (fake) sticker up for sale and 40 have sold... smh. The REAL figure of which I was insanely lucky enough to receive at Fundays, is NOT PAINTED. It is the same mold as the common, but it is fully cast in gold vinyl. If you see one that is painted, it’s fake. Beware!!!
Follow me on IG @kickin_ittt

Events I’ve attended.

Artwork I’ve created for events.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:07 am

Kickinittt wrote:
CADPophunter wrote:I could only imagine the excitement of when people heard table 20. Even watching the livestream made it feel like an insane release

I don’t think I ever screamed so hard in my life as when he said table 20! I was in disbelief the entire night and it was hard to focus on the rest of the event! Lol. The fact that David Harbour himself handed us the bag made it that much more sweet ^___^ unlike the few people who have cashed out and sold theirs though, I plan on keeping it forevvvvvver. :] Best. Fundays. Ever.

I believe congratulations are in order! Glad that you got what is probably now THE grail of the collection!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

wsm10

Postby wsm10 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:43 pm

fischmioli wrote:
wsm10 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

That’s nice of you. I’m not surprised at people trying to cash out on this pop. I’m a completionist and Stranger Things is one of the lines I am trying to get complete. With this gold Hopper it will stay incomplete. I am hoping that I can find someone who has it when I can drop a decent amount of cash for it.

Yeah, I get it too, it just sucks it's this crazy. But it's part of collecting anything really. I'm a completionist as well but look at these pieces as not needed, if that makes sense. I do hope you can grab one someday, and good luck on Robin and Steve as well! I'll for sure grab them someday.

Ramennoodlez

Postby Ramennoodlez » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:47 pm

congrats to everyone that got this pop looked amazing
ImageImage
ImageImage

jigsaw

Postby jigsaw » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:00 pm

anime23 wrote:
jigsaw wrote:
anime23 wrote:
Yep table 15 myself. Most have been cool, Really cool that the actor was there. Funko does put on a show for us and I appreciate that. I also carried around two plates of food because I could lol.

lets just say i turned 2 drink coupons into 4 drink coupons lol

I had a buzz after one, so disappointing.. i ate 5 cookies :\

lol thats funny
SOME PEOPLE ARE SO UNGRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE.... BUT NOT YOU.... NOT ANYMORE.
ImageImage

IG: @Jigsaws_movie_room

Image ImageImage
ImageImage

MONSTER

Postby MONSTER » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:03 pm

Kickinittt wrote:

That's awesome. I love it when people actually keep their collectibles instead of cashing out. As a collector, I want rare items in my collection.

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm

This Pop! is so amazing. Congrats to all that was able to receive one at Fundays, so jealous.
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

angrykoalagear

Postby angrykoalagear » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:41 pm

I can see how BAC was able to win three being that you can choose to create your party of ten and lucky to be selected to sit at a table #20. My wife and I were fortunate to be able to join a group that still needed a couple and ended up at the lucky Ghostbusters #20! This being our fifth Fundays, I would say it was a special night celebrating 20 years. Not going to lie, $2000 sounds nice, but we still have our Gold Hoppers that remain with our Freddy's and other limited pieces because of the Funko love!

Pinspops

Postby Pinspops » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:36 pm

I guess I'm never going to complete this set :(

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:21 am

angrykoalagear wrote:I can see how BAC was able to win three being that you can choose to create your party of ten and lucky to be selected to sit at a table #20. My wife and I were fortunate to be able to join a group that still needed a couple and ended up at the lucky Ghostbusters #20! This being our fifth Fundays, I would say it was a special night celebrating 20 years. Not going to lie, $2000 sounds nice, but we still have our Gold Hoppers that remain with our Freddy's and other limited pieces because of the Funko love!

bac wasn’t at a table 20. They just cashed out a couple people. I had some people ask me if it was for sale. I was offered Sdcc exclusives and cash. Didn’t take it.
ImageImage
ImageImage

pop-inandout-9

Postby pop-inandout-9 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:34 pm

Ridiculous! how does that even happen

FredKruger wrote:
mmmrice wrote:
anime23 wrote:

DERRICK
IG: poptill_youdrop
So-cal local collecting POP memories
First Pop: Hershel(walking dead)
Team BATMAN Team AVENGERS
Team GOONIES
ISO: Freddy Lannister, Winged Monkey, Martian, Krueger, and any other Freddies!!!

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:40 pm

datfunkojawn wrote:A friend of mine got one. It is pretty sweet, but still not a fan of spray gold/chrome paint pops.

I hope they make your avatar one day :) Or, I could make my own, I suppose :P
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

FunkoFern

Postby FunkoFern » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:42 pm

I was able to see one earlier this week... Pretty cool. My Strangers Things collection will never be 100% complete, but thankful it was just a gold repaint vs a completely new character!

FearlessPhotog

Postby FearlessPhotog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Such an incredible piece, I wish i had been at table 20! lol

datfunkojawn

Postby datfunkojawn » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:30 pm

dork_knight wrote:
datfunkojawn wrote:A friend of mine got one. It is pretty sweet, but still not a fan of spray gold/chrome paint pops.

I hope they make your avatar one day :) Or, I could make my own, I suppose :P

Lol likewise. But it seems like Vegeta gets all the attention. For Ultra Instinct Goku to be a common made me sad. :(
Collecting since March '16 - Philadelphia, PA - My Motto: "Buy it NOW, Regret it LATER"
IG: datfunkojawn
Collection: Freddy Funko / Disney / Dragon Ball / Game of Thrones

ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:35 pm

datfunkojawn wrote:For Ultra Instinct Goku to be a common made me sad. :(

yeah, nothing ticks me off more then a figure not being a pain in the butt to buy....oh wait lol

mmmrice

Postby mmmrice » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:22 pm

FearlessPhotog wrote:Such an incredible piece, I wish i had been at table 20! lol

I have a feeling it's not all random haha.

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:38 pm

Table 20 for 20 years of Funko.
Calvin

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:14 pm

mmmrice wrote:
FearlessPhotog wrote:Such an incredible piece, I wish i had been at table 20! lol

I have a feeling it's not all random haha.

It was a big surprise, wasn’t expecting that. When David Harbour said table 20, I started yelling.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”