Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
hailmary25

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Swatrob wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Swatrob wrote: I wasn’t even close but was pretty excited to see David Harbour

I have heard multiple people believe (conspiracy warning) that Funko "placed" people at table 20's. That they knew who they wanted to sit there whether customers, influences or long standing funko fans.

Even if they did I wouldn’t be that upset. The party is amazing and everyone that goes gets a ton of cool stuff. I’m a long standing funko fan but not one if the originals

Not saying I care just was putting a conversation out there. Would have it been cool to be on table 20 yes but it was ridiculously cool just being there. Even with out all the prizes its a great time.
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:04 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Swatrob wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
I have heard multiple people believe (conspiracy warning) that Funko "placed" people at table 20's. That they knew who they wanted to sit there whether customers, influences or long standing funko fans.

Even if they did I wouldn’t be that upset. The party is amazing and everyone that goes gets a ton of cool stuff. I’m a long standing funko fan but not one if the originals

Not saying I care just was putting a conversation out there. Would have it been cool to be on table 20 yes but it was ridiculously cool just being there. Even with out all the prizes its a great time.

I didn’t take any offense and I wasn’t trying to upset anyone e
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Swatrob wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Swatrob wrote:

I didn’t take any offense and I wasn’t trying to upset anyone e

You didn't its all good was just praising the party aspect. And again its a conspiracy theory that i have just heard from a few people

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:00 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
Sepharite wrote:Question, to the lucky owners of this pop.

Does the Gold Hopper Box different from the Regular Box? Like is the UPC different?

Was about to ask the same thing. If there is anything unique it will help the community spot check some of these.

On bottom of the box there’s imprint of date code. The sticker is easy to spot.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:02 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Swatrob wrote:
chucklora wrote:i was sitting in table #21... sigh :-({|= :-({|=

I wasn’t even close but was pretty excited to see David Harbour

I wish I was close to Funko. Just a normal every day collector.
ImageImage
ImageImage

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Rice71 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

dito
lol

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:10 pm

Fundays is the single best party period. Last year was amazing and I really hope I get in again. Not sure if anything can top last year but I want to find out
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

RichZee

Postby RichZee » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:20 pm

I have like no chance of ever being able to go to Fundays. I'm not diligent enough to check forums every single day. I'm lazy and have ADHD so it's hard to focus on anything sometimes. Is there any way that isn't ridiculous and difficult?

BerserkerBlack

Postby BerserkerBlack » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:54 pm

RichZee wrote:I have like no chance of ever being able to go to Fundays. I'm not diligent enough to check forums every single day. I'm lazy and have ADHD so it's hard to focus on anything sometimes. Is there any way that isn't ridiculous and difficult?

Best way is the boards, if not you'd have to wait for GA sales. Which sell out in like 0.5 seconds.
Best of luck!

OriginalDuffy

Postby OriginalDuffy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:18 am

Now I’ll never have the complete set [-X
Image Image
Image Image

yanban

Postby yanban » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:19 am

Swatrob wrote:Fundays is the single best party period. Last year was amazing and I really hope I get in again. Not sure if anything can top last year but I want to find out

Agree. Great time. I would love to go again

yanban

Postby yanban » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:20 am

RichZee wrote:I have like no chance of ever being able to go to Fundays. I'm not diligent enough to check forums every single day. I'm lazy and have ADHD so it's hard to focus on anything sometimes. Is there any way that isn't ridiculous and difficult?

Boards and friends. That is the way I got my tickets

yanban

Postby yanban » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:23 am

Swatrob wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I have to say I agree with this too. I am not sure i can be be mad that a 1 in 40 piece is not random. They really do not have to do it at all and they give so much stuff at the party

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:18 am

yanban wrote:
Swatrob wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I have to say I agree with this too. I am not sure i can be be mad that a 1 in 40 piece is not random. They really do not have to do it at all and they give so much stuff at the party

Hmmmmm I would be surprised if this was true just by how the tables were assigned, and assigning groups that weren't a full table. Like what if one of these "long standing funko fans" already had a full table they wanted to sit with, would this void them from being picked or were they made to sit at that table? Maybe influencers or celebrity guests were given one apart from the tables, but I don't think Funko specifically picked who would get them.
Hey, I'm Mario! | Collector since 2015 | IG: @CoppedEmAll

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:03 am

mariog1497 wrote:
yanban wrote:
Swatrob wrote:

Hmmmmm I would be surprised if this was true just by how the tables were assigned, and assigning groups that weren't a full table. Like what if one of these "long standing funko fans" already had a full table they wanted to sit with, would this void them from being picked or were they made to sit at that table? Maybe influencers or celebrity guests were given one apart from the tables, but I don't think Funko specifically picked who would get them.

Yeah, I have to call shenanigans on the idea that certain people were assigned to the #20 tables. That would take a level of coordination that was not present in the lines for Fundays.

Xeverus86

Postby Xeverus86 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:29 am

Swatrob wrote:Fundays is the single best party period. Last year was amazing and I really hope I get in again. Not sure if anything can top last year but I want to find out

same here it was a blast :bounce:
A.A. 7/18/19 :angel9:
FUNKO FUNDAYS '17
FUNKO FUNDAYS '18
FUNKO FUNDAYS '19
FUNKO HQ GRAND OPENING
MAKING FUN MOVIE PREMIERE
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
FUNKO FUNDAYS '22

yanban

Postby yanban » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:25 am

mariog1497 wrote:
yanban wrote:
Swatrob wrote:

True, not sure I believe the conspiracy, but honestly not mad if there was one

yanban

Postby yanban » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:25 am

Chase Variant wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:
yanban wrote:I have to say I agree with this too. I am not sure i can be be mad that a 1 in 40 piece is not random. They really do not have to do it at all and they give so much stuff at the party

Yeah, I have to call shenanigans on the idea that certain people were assigned to the #20 tables. That would take a level of coordination that was not present in the lines for Fundays.

You are probably right

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:32 am

They will tell you ahead of time when the sale will go up. After that just stay on your computer and hope for the best. But while you’re here check the boards and interact. This is a fun community that is like nothing else. I do t post every day but I like to stop in a few times a week to see what’s going on.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:33 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:
yanban wrote:I have to say I agree with this too. I am not sure i can be be mad that a 1 in 40 piece is not random. They really do not have to do it at all and they give so much stuff at the party

It's not like people grabbed random BOF's they were handed them by funko employees. They could easily start picking and choosing who gets what box.

Full disclosure not saying it happened just want to see how others feel.

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:47 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:Hmmmmm I would be surprised if this was true just by how the tables were assigned, and assigning groups that weren't a full table. Like what if one of these "long standing funko fans" already had a full table they wanted to sit with, would this void them from being picked or were they made to sit at that table? Maybe influencers or celebrity guests were given one apart from the tables, but I don't think Funko specifically picked who would get them.

It's not like people grabbed random BOF's they were handed them by funko employees. They could easily start picking and choosing who gets what box.

I get what you're saying, and this might've been possible if they had just set aside 40 BoF with the totes aside from the rest of the totes, and assuming that they knew what was in what box, but again the coordination that would be needed for this wasn't there. The boxes were apart of just more boxes with the totes, it's like also saying that they could pick and choose who would get the LE 24 variants. Also the Hoppers weren't given inside the BoF, they were given during the show.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:53 pm

mariog1497 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

I get what you're saying, and this might've been possible if they had just set aside 40 BoF with the totes aside from the rest of the totes, and assuming that they knew what was in what box, but again the coordination that would be needed for this wasn't there. The boxes were apart of just more boxes with the totes, it's like also saying that they could pick and choose who would get the LE 24 variants. Also the Hoppers weren't given inside the BoF, they were given during the show.

I know they weren't but they could easily set aside those 40 boxes in a different pile and say these are table 20

mariog1497

Postby mariog1497 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:09 am

hailmary25 wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

I know they weren't but they could easily set aside those 40 boxes in a different pile and say these are table 20

Yes, assuming they went the route of putting them in the BoF, they could've done that. They could've even had them sitting at the front for everyone to see, but I still don't think Funko would pick and choose who got to sit at the tables. With the amount of people entering the building, and making sure everyone gets in and gets their boxes and their badges and gets through the photo ops, it would be too much of a hassle for them to have to find these specific people out of the crowd and pull them from their original group.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:22 am

mariog1497 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:

Yes, assuming they went the route of putting them in the BoF, they could've done that. They could've even had them sitting at the front for everyone to see, but I still don't think Funko would pick and choose who got to sit at the tables. With the amount of people entering the building, and making sure everyone gets in and gets their boxes and their badges and gets through the photo ops, it would be too much of a hassle for them to have to find these specific people out of the crowd and pull them from their original group.

Funatics maybe yes but customers and influencers I think are a different story. They could have contact with them prior.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Rice71 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

i doubt thats how it went down tbh

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:00 am

hailmary25 wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:

What are you talking about? The BoF had nothing to do with the table assignments or the Gold Hoppers. There were multiple lines for distributing table assignments and boxes, and it was enough of a hassle just getting people inside, much less picking people out of several lines to hand them the correct lanyard.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:51 am

Chase Variant wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:

What are you talking about? The BoF had nothing to do with the table assignments or the Gold Hoppers. There were multiple lines for distributing table assignments and boxes, and it was enough of a hassle just getting people inside, much less picking people out of several lines to hand them the correct lanyard.

Maybe I miss remember but the table assignments were lanyards just handed to you or givin in an envelope and then you got BOF or were they handed to you together. Sorry when I got in there as I was one of the first there was only one line. Regardless they could have easily set aside 40 lanyards or envelopes to give to certain people.

Please remember also what I said I am playing devils advocate in discussion if its possible. I do not thing they did nor would I care if they did. We got enough awesome stuff regardless.

yanban

Postby yanban » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:27 am

mariog1497 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:

I love a good conspiracy theory, but I believe our group actually saw one of the table 20 sets of badges in the box with the rest.

yanban

Postby yanban » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:28 am

hailmary25 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I know they weren't but they could easily set aside those 40 boxes in a different pile and say these are table 20

Maybe I miss remember but the table assignments were lanyards just handed to you or givin in an envelope and then you got BOF or were they handed to you together. Sorry when I got in there as I was one of the first there was only one line. Regardless they could have easily set aside 40 lanyards or envelopes to give to certain people.

Please remember also what I said I am playing devils advocate in discussion if its possible. I do not thing they did nor would I care if they did. We got enough awesome stuff regardless.

You were handed the badges out of the folder first, then you got your tote. It would not be hard to separate the table 20 folders but I do believe we saw the table 20 mixed in with the rest

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:58 am

yanban wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:I know they weren't but they could easily set aside those 40 boxes in a different pile and say these are table 20

I love a good conspiracy theory, but I believe our group actually saw one of the table 20 sets of badges in the box with the rest.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:01 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:

There was a VIP entrance, so those tables could have easily been set aside for VIP.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Sepharite

Postby Sepharite » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:44 pm

volsspongebob wrote:

Does the Gold Hopper Box different from the Regular Box? Like is the UPC different?

Was about to ask the same thing. If there is anything unique it will help the community spot check some of these.

From what I found online, the UPC for Golden Hopper is the same as the Regular 512 Hopper.

The Manufacture Date is imprinted into the box. FM 180515 for Golden Hopper. For the Regular/Chase 512 Hopper, I've only seen FM17XXXX.
ImageImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Sepharite wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:

From what I found online, the UPC for Golden Hopper is the same as the Regular 512 Hopper.

The Manufacture Date is imprinted into the box. FM 180515 for Golden Hopper. For the Regular/Chase 512 Hopper, I've only seen FM17XXXX.

Awesome info. Appreciated!
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

yanban

Postby yanban » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:49 pm

hailmary25 wrote:
yanban wrote:
mariog1497 wrote:

Wow. That gif is crazy.

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:54 pm

yanban wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
yanban wrote:I love a good conspiracy theory, but I believe our group actually saw one of the table 20 sets of badges in the box with the rest.

Wow. That gif is crazy.

Was just going for a regular mythbust but could not resist this one

strezz_dout

Postby strezz_dout » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:59 pm

Grail obtained! So glad to finally have this one in my Stranger Things Collection!

Pop Count Total: 1,044
Dorbz Count: 87
Mini Count: 78
Last Purchase: Funko Pop Conan as Woody
Facebook Group: SKYPOP (Southern Kentucky Pop Culture Collectors)

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:39 pm

strezz_dout wrote:Grail obtained! So glad to finally have this one in my Stranger Things Collection!

Wow! Congrats!
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:27 pm

yanban wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:

You were handed the badges out of the folder first, then you got your tote. It would not be hard to separate the table 20 folders but I do believe we saw the table 20 mixed in with the rest

Whoa first time hearing about this conspiracy theory and I don't think Funko would ever want to do that to the community. My gf and I were just talking bc we were reminiscing and we actually got separated by tables just by the luck of the draw I guess, but we were saying what would have happened if we (or someone else) had asked to switch tables to or from table 20 before the giveaway... like the seat was already agreed upon and exchanged... whoever then missed out on leaving table 20 would be so upset! best to leave it up to the Funko heavens and just take what you can get, just being there is luck enough!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:28 pm

strezz_dout wrote:Grail obtained! So glad to finally have this one in my Stranger Things Collection!

congratulations!! don't ever let it leave your sight!!
Funatic of all things Funko!!

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:38 pm

2017fanatic wrote:

congratulations!! don't ever let it leave your sight!!

The Force is strong with you! Congratulations!!!
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Return to “Pop!”