Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
User avatar
Chase Variant
Posts: 1680
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:24 am
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Chase Variant » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:28 pm

bakivali wrote:
fischmioli wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
Gold leaf paint makes no sense, because it would produce a different effect from the Gold Hopper. Whether they used gold spray paint or gold leaf spray paint, you can find a can for $5-10, and it’s a relatively low effort custom job, so I don’t know where you are getting $100-300. I still get the feeling you are testing the waters to scam someone with a custom.

Seems super weird to me. I think it’s kinda lame that a Toy company would put these 200 “customs” in a mystery box sale.

I think it makes sense if they disclosed that it was one of the options, but to send it with a Fundays sticker that says 40 pieces is borderline fraudulent. What company is this? I wouldn't want to do business with them.


I think it was from LetMeTrickYouIntoPostingPicturesofYourRealHopperSoThatIKnowWhattoFakeForMyScamCustom.com.

User avatar
Rice71
Posts: 913
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:19 pm
Location: Bay Area

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Rice71 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
bakivali wrote:
fischmioli wrote:Seems super weird to me. I think it’s kinda lame that a Toy company would put these 200 “customs” in a mystery box sale.

I think it makes sense if they disclosed that it was one of the options, but to send it with a Fundays sticker that says 40 pieces is borderline fraudulent. What company is this? I wouldn't want to do business with them.


I think it was from LetMeTrickYouIntoPostingPicturesofYourRealHopperSoThatIKnowWhattoFakeForMyScamCustom.com.

That is why I didn’t want to post up mine.
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:36 pm
Location: Tacoma
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby fischmioli » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:15 am

Rice71 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
bakivali wrote:I think it makes sense if they disclosed that it was one of the options, but to send it with a Fundays sticker that says 40 pieces is borderline fraudulent. What company is this? I wouldn't want to do business with them.


I think it was from LetMeTrickYouIntoPostingPicturesofYourRealHopperSoThatIKnowWhattoFakeForMyScamCustom.com.

That is why I didn’t want to post up mine.

Of course the person hasn’t posted back since the pic was uploaded.
Zach or Fisch

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Gonzo206
Posts: 1094
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:54 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Gonzo206 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:09 am

Chase Variant wrote:
I think it was from LetMeTrickYouIntoPostingPicturesofYourRealHopperSoThatIKnowWhattoFakeForMyScamCustom.com.


They should shorten their domain name lol
Image

Image


Instagram: whatthefunk206

Joshua1117
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:49 am

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Joshua1117 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Just get a common hopper, mask it, spray paint it copper undercoat and a gold layer on top and for $25 you can have a 41 piece hopper exclusive. Not spend 2-$4,000 on something so ridiculous.

User avatar
drehill
Posts: 309
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:11 am

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby drehill » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:52 pm

fischmioli wrote:
Rice71 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
I think it was from LetMeTrickYouIntoPostingPicturesofYourRealHopperSoThatIKnowWhattoFakeForMyScamCustom.com.

That is why I didn’t want to post up mine.

Of course the person hasn’t posted back since the pic was uploaded.


Oh snap we got played! Can’t wait to see this dude’s bootleg on eBay using that pic for authenticity.

User avatar
ImranC23
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 11:22 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby ImranC23 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Man it hurt to be at table 23 and to be so close and not end up with him! I’m still mad jealous of all the people who got him/multiples lol.

Stranger Things will have to remain incomplete :(
ImageImage
Instagram:whenyoupopping
ISO:SDCC 2011 Metallic Spider-Man, ANY Spider-Man Protos

User avatar
zaghawk
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:43 am
Location: Bellevue, Wa
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby zaghawk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:00 pm

ImranC23 wrote:Man it hurt to be at table 23 and to be so close and not end up with him! I’m still mad jealous of all the people who got him/multiples lol.

Stranger Things will have to remain incomplete :(


I was at Table 19...Given there were 10 people per table, you had about 40 people closer to that table in your section closer than you.
Gavin

#B4Y



Image







FunKlub # 14297

Fundays Protos ISO:
- Sexy Ian Malcolm / Jeff Goldblum
- Gladiator Thor
- Pepe LePew
- Llama Kuzco
- Infinity Wars Iron Man
- Monsters Inc. Sushi Chef

User avatar
strezz_dout
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 10:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, KY

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby strezz_dout » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:51 pm

The production stamp on the bottom of all of the real Gold Hopper boxes has been the same. I saved pictures from the authentic boxes that were posted by Funatics on Facebook and through ebay sales right after the event for reference. This will help to see in if I am buying a real or a custom in the future.
Pop Count Total: 856
Dorbz Count: 97
Mini Count: 78
Last Purchase: Funko Fan Expo Marty McFly
Facebook Group: SKYPOP (Southern Kentucky Pop Culture Collectors)

User avatar
zaghawk
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:43 am
Location: Bellevue, Wa
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby zaghawk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:04 pm

strezz_dout wrote:The production stamp on the bottom of all of the real Gold Hopper boxes has been the same. I saved pictures from the authentic boxes that were posted by Funatics on Facebook and through ebay sales right after the event for reference. This will help to see in if I am buying a real or a custom in the future.


For now... I’ve seen some fake shadow troopers even copy date stamps. IMO the best way to show it’s real is actually opening the box to verify the stamp on the inside flap.
Gavin

#B4Y



Image







FunKlub # 14297

Fundays Protos ISO:
- Sexy Ian Malcolm / Jeff Goldblum
- Gladiator Thor
- Pepe LePew
- Llama Kuzco
- Infinity Wars Iron Man
- Monsters Inc. Sushi Chef

Kwik_One
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:31 am

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Kwik_One » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Gonzo206 wrote:
Chase Variant wrote:
I think it was from LetMeTrickYouIntoPostingPicturesofYourRealHopperSoThatIKnowWhattoFakeForMyScamCustom.com.


They should shorten their domain name lol


For sure, it’s more effort to type the name then to fake the Pop.

User avatar
strezz_dout
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 10:28 pm
Location: Glasgow, KY

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby strezz_dout » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:43 pm

zaghawk wrote:
strezz_dout wrote:The production stamp on the bottom of all of the real Gold Hopper boxes has been the same. I saved pictures from the authentic boxes that were posted by Funatics on Facebook and through ebay sales right after the event for reference. This will help to see in if I am buying a real or a custom in the future.


For now... I’ve seen some fake shadow troopers even copy date stamps. IMO the best way to show it’s real is actually opening the box to verify the stamp on the inside flap.



Good point! I'll have to remember that for verification purposes.
Pop Count Total: 856
Dorbz Count: 97
Mini Count: 78
Last Purchase: Funko Fan Expo Marty McFly
Facebook Group: SKYPOP (Southern Kentucky Pop Culture Collectors)

User avatar
bakivali
Posts: 934
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby bakivali » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:54 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
bakivali wrote:
fischmioli wrote:Seems super weird to me. I think it’s kinda lame that a Toy company would put these 200 “customs” in a mystery box sale.

I think it makes sense if they disclosed that it was one of the options, but to send it with a Fundays sticker that says 40 pieces is borderline fraudulent. What company is this? I wouldn't want to do business with them.


I think it was from LetMeTrickYouIntoPostingPicturesofYourRealHopperSoThatIKnowWhattoFakeForMyScamCustom.com.

If only I had a real one to get tricked with lol

But that makes sense too, he's hoping for more pics. I guess if anyone wants to post theirs, make sure to watermark it or something!

User avatar
jrocksphotos
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:24 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby jrocksphotos » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:56 pm

I seen some youtubers on eBay making videos on how to make your own version lol people need to stop. He even got a fake sticker off eBay but is trying to act like he isn’t promoting that to his audience. Please guys don’t that to yourself and to top it off make a video of how you are ok with counterfeit product.
SDCC ‘17 & ‘18/ Funko Pop Up SDCC ‘17/ECCC ‘18/Funko HQ Grand Opening Team 11AM /ECCC Funko Meet Up ‘18/ Funkast Meet Up at HQ pre-ECCC ‘18/Fugitive ECCC & NYCC Party ‘18/FDO8 Chicago/ Fundays ‘18/ Making Fun Movie Premier in Hollywood/ Disneyland Funatics Meet-up ‘18/C2E2 ‘16,’17 & ‘18/ Conan SDCC ‘17 & ‘18 / Wizard World Chi 16 & 17 / NYCC 2018 / D-Con 2018 / Spooky Empire 2018 / RICC 2018 / Monster Mask-O RAID 2018

User avatar
bakivali
Posts: 934
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby bakivali » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:00 pm

jrocksphotos wrote:I seen some youtubers on eBay making videos on how to make your own version lol people need to stop. He even got a fake sticker off eBay but is trying to act like he isn’t promoting that to his audience. Please guys don’t that to yourself and to top it off make a video of how you are ok with counterfeit product.

The fake stickers are what get me. If you're going to make a custom for yourself or even to sell, you should be up front about it. I would not trust paying any money on ebay now, even if I was in the market to spend the thousands for a legit one. None of them can be trusted.

Ilurvfunko
Posts: 208
Joined: Wed May 02, 2018 1:50 pm
Location: SoCal
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Ilurvfunko » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:01 pm

I really wanted this piece. I think it look radd
Image

runtodere
Posts: 1838
Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 am

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby runtodere » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Chase Variant wrote:
bakivali wrote:
fischmioli wrote:Seems super weird to me. I think it’s kinda lame that a Toy company would put these 200 “customs” in a mystery box sale.

I think it makes sense if they disclosed that it was one of the options, but to send it with a Fundays sticker that says 40 pieces is borderline fraudulent. What company is this? I wouldn't want to do business with them.


I think it was from LetMeTrickYouIntoPostingPicturesofYourRealHopperSoThatIKnowWhattoFakeForMyScamCustom.com.

Can website names be that long? lol

User avatar
kihou
Posts: 1629
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:38 am
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby kihou » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:00 pm

There are definitely a bunch of fakes/"customs" hitting ebay. Someone in our local Facebook group was trying to determine if one was legitimate that was starting bid $600, and we all said probably not :\
ISO Mystery Minis!
Sailor Moon: Sailor Mars (Posed), Sailor Jupiter (Posed), Sailor Mercury (Posed) (Specialty Series)
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Harry Potter series 3: Basilisk (B&N)

User avatar
Rice71
Posts: 913
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:19 pm
Location: Bay Area

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Rice71 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:15 pm

zaghawk wrote:
strezz_dout wrote:The production stamp on the bottom of all of the real Gold Hopper boxes has been the same. I saved pictures from the authentic boxes that were posted by Funatics on Facebook and through ebay sales right after the event for reference. This will help to see in if I am buying a real or a custom in the future.


For now... I’ve seen some fake shadow troopers even copy date stamps. IMO the best way to show it’s real is actually opening the box to verify the stamp on the inside flap.

The other way to verify is to have them show their table number lanyard.
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
zaghawk
Posts: 1879
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:43 am
Location: Bellevue, Wa
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby zaghawk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:16 pm

Rice71 wrote:
zaghawk wrote:
strezz_dout wrote:The production stamp on the bottom of all of the real Gold Hopper boxes has been the same. I saved pictures from the authentic boxes that were posted by Funatics on Facebook and through ebay sales right after the event for reference. This will help to see in if I am buying a real or a custom in the future.


For now... I’ve seen some fake shadow troopers even copy date stamps. IMO the best way to show it’s real is actually opening the box to verify the stamp on the inside flap.

The other way to verify is to have them show their table number lanyard.


Until you get the one guy with the lanyard selling off fakes.
Gavin

#B4Y



Image







FunKlub # 14297

Fundays Protos ISO:
- Sexy Ian Malcolm / Jeff Goldblum
- Gladiator Thor
- Pepe LePew
- Llama Kuzco
- Infinity Wars Iron Man
- Monsters Inc. Sushi Chef

User avatar
daOCHO
Posts: 897
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 7:54 pm
Location: California

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby daOCHO » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:09 pm

kihou wrote:There are definitely a bunch of fakes/"customs" hitting ebay. Someone in our local Facebook group was trying to determine if one was legitimate that was starting bid $600, and we all said probably not :\


I saw that auction. This person was not selling the real one, in his descriptions it says 'custom'. Be careful if you plan to purchase any high price POP in the secondary market.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage


ISO: WWE & DBZ protos

User avatar
ImranC23
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 11:22 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby ImranC23 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:35 am

zaghawk wrote:
ImranC23 wrote:Man it hurt to be at table 23 and to be so close and not end up with him! I’m still mad jealous of all the people who got him/multiples lol.

Stranger Things will have to remain incomplete :(


I was at Table 19...Given there were 10 people per table, you had about 40 people closer to that table in your section closer than you.


Yeah it just sucked, our group got split up so I fell back so we would all get to sit together. Still crazy to be so close! One day I’ll have that gold hopper!
ImageImage
Instagram:whenyoupopping
ISO:SDCC 2011 Metallic Spider-Man, ANY Spider-Man Protos

User avatar
supertoygiant
Posts: 2009
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:50 am

wsm10 wrote:I saw that somehow big apple collectibles got three of these and sold them for about $2k each. So ridiculous. I really wonder how they got any, let alone three.


Most Likely fake. I think Funko should've numbered each individually since there was only 40.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.


ISO CM Punk

ImageImage

User avatar
Rice71
Posts: 913
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:19 pm
Location: Bay Area

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Rice71 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:29 am

supertoygiant wrote:
wsm10 wrote:I saw that somehow big apple collectibles got three of these and sold them for about $2k each. So ridiculous. I really wonder how they got any, let alone three.


Most Likely fake. I think Funko should've numbered each individually since there was only 40.

They were probably going around each table and offering cash for them. And had 3 people bit on there offer. I had someone come up to me offering money and trade for mine.
ImageImage
ImageImage

RockdrigoDc
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby RockdrigoDc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:36 am

=D> congrats! :wwe12:
Image

ImageImage

rexflexall
Posts: 950
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:58 am
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby rexflexall » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:45 am

I seen a few fakes, scary!

User avatar
AjFunkoDude
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:10 pm

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby AjFunkoDude » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:12 pm

bakivali wrote:
jrocksphotos wrote:I seen some youtubers on eBay making videos on how to make your own version lol people need to stop. He even got a fake sticker off eBay but is trying to act like he isn’t promoting that to his audience. Please guys don’t that to yourself and to top it off make a video of how you are ok with counterfeit product.

The fake stickers are what get me. If you're going to make a custom for yourself or even to sell, you should be up front about it. I would not trust paying any money on ebay now, even if I was in the market to spend the thousands for a legit one. None of them can be trusted.



Completely agree, I’m down for a DIY or custom. But I personally would not feel comfortable selling or trading it without it saying “fake” or “Not authentic” on it somewhere.

I wouldn’t even put a sticker on it unless it says fake or NA on it somewhere.

User avatar
supertoygiant
Posts: 2009
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:10 pm

Rice71 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
wsm10 wrote:I saw that somehow big apple collectibles got three of these and sold them for about $2k each. So ridiculous. I really wonder how they got any, let alone three.


Most Likely fake. I think Funko should've numbered each individually since there was only 40.

They were probably going around each table and offering cash for them. And had 3 people bit on there offer. I had someone come up to me offering money and trade for mine.


Wow! yeah maybe they got them that way but I would be very nervous buying one.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.


ISO CM Punk

ImageImage

User avatar
Chase Variant
Posts: 1680
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:24 am
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Chase Variant » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:23 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
Rice71 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
Most Likely fake. I think Funko should've numbered each individually since there was only 40.

They were probably going around each table and offering cash for them. And had 3 people bit on there offer. I had someone come up to me offering money and trade for mine.


Wow! yeah maybe they got them that way but I would be very nervous buying one.


I wouldn't be concerned at all. They get most of their Pops directly from Funko, they've had their own store exclusive, and I doubt they'd risk any of that by selling fakes.

User avatar
Kickinittt
Posts: 386
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 5:16 pm
Location: North Hills, CA
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Kickinittt » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Rice71 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
wsm10 wrote:I saw that somehow big apple collectibles got three of these and sold them for about $2k each. So ridiculous. I really wonder how they got any, let alone three.


Most Likely fake. I think Funko should've numbered each individually since there was only 40.

They were probably going around each table and offering cash for them. And had 3 people bit on there offer. I had someone come up to me offering money and trade for mine.

Same here! I had a guy run up before the event even ended offering $1000 cash or a whole stack of pops from SDCC for it. im happy to say I still have mine :) If I ever were to sell it, I would feel obligated to include the table 20 team gremlins lanyard to help establish its provenance. Until people start faking those, I feel it would be the only way to put a potential buyer at ease.
Follow me on IG @kickinittt_funko_style
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
KidMarvel
Posts: 1998
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:49 am
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby KidMarvel » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:41 pm

Kickinittt wrote:
Rice71 wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
Most Likely fake. I think Funko should've numbered each individually since there was only 40.

They were probably going around each table and offering cash for them. And had 3 people bit on there offer. I had someone come up to me offering money and trade for mine.

Same here! I had a guy run up before the event even ended offering $1000 cash or a whole stack of pops from SDCC for it. im happy to say I still have mine :) If I ever were to sell it, I would feel obligated to include the table 20 team gremlins lanyard to help establish its provenance. Until people start faking those, I feel it would be the only way to put a potential buyer at ease.


I wouldn't sell it for a 1000! Probably 2000 but most definitely not a thousand.
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImage

User avatar
supertoygiant
Posts: 2009
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:58 pm

I would never sell it if I got one at Fundays and I wouldn't buy one for going price as well...you never know what you are getting!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchsed in less than 5 minutes. LOL \:D/

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.


ISO CM Punk

ImageImage

User avatar
Loki437
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:00 pm
Location: San Diego

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Loki437 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:04 pm

I’m positive i’d never sell if I was lucky enough to get one. With an edition this small I sure hope we don’t see too many pop up on eBay. But money definitely talks.
Hi I'm Brandon
Funklub Member: 3538
ImageImage

jerry_finklestein
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat May 06, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby jerry_finklestein » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:22 am

Congrats to all the lucky winners !

User avatar
StarWarsFunkoGirl
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:22 pm
Location: Hampton VA

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:52 am

supertoygiant wrote:I would never sell it if I got one at Fundays and I wouldn't buy one for going price as well...you never know what you are getting!



yep ! too many fake/customs
Image

Joshua1117
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:49 am

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby Joshua1117 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:35 am

Not a fan.

User avatar
fischmioli
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:36 pm
Location: Tacoma
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby fischmioli » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Joshua1117 wrote:Not a fan.

lol
Zach or Fisch

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

weird888
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:23 am

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby weird888 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:01 am

fischmioli wrote:
Joshua1117 wrote:Not a fan.

lol


Brief and to the point I guess? lol

User avatar
theraven00
Posts: 455
Joined: Tue May 09, 2017 5:00 pm
Location: Peoria, AZ
Contact:

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby theraven00 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:34 am

KidMarvel wrote:
Kickinittt wrote:
Rice71 wrote:They were probably going around each table and offering cash for them. And had 3 people bit on there offer. I had someone come up to me offering money and trade for mine.

Same here! I had a guy run up before the event even ended offering $1000 cash or a whole stack of pops from SDCC for it. im happy to say I still have mine :) If I ever were to sell it, I would feel obligated to include the table 20 team gremlins lanyard to help establish its provenance. Until people start faking those, I feel it would be the only way to put a potential buyer at ease.


I wouldn't sell it for a 1000! Probably 2000 but most definitely not a thousand.

I'd sell it for $1,000 (or close to going rate at least). That's a lot of money for a toy that I'd have to worry about my toddler getting ahold of. Plus, I don't watch the show and if I stop to think "would I buy it for $1,000?" and the answer is no, then why would I keep it if I don't put that value on it myself? I could get ten $100 Pop!s that I actually like instead. Either way, I wouldn't fault anyone for keeping it and not selling it. I'm sure I have lots of items that people would choose to sell, but I personally put a greater value on myself.
Poppin'

funkosundae
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 8:20 pm

Re: Gold Hopper (40 count!!!)

Postby funkosundae » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:55 pm

lcarus83 wrote:$2,000 for a gold spraypainted common?! Holy cow! Thats insane.


Some people just have too much money.


Return to “Pop!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chase Variant, jamieb744, Rice71, TheLastAnimator