2016 Golden Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa 2 pack??!!

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
TriFeckTa

Re: 2016 Golden Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa 2 pack??!!

Postby TriFeckTa » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:58 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
ditbu13oi wrote:
treswright wrote:A seller in China sold a few sets of fake ones on eBay as well, so buyer beware!

Hopefully everyone is aware that there is only 4 official ones and we spread the word for the fake ones...

I remember the China gold Wonka set and the person who bought it. Never came in box and the debate if it’s real or not since it technically came from the factory that made the gold Wonka

I think the consensus is that they were factory rejects and that they were not considered "legitimate" for that very reason.
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:17 am

TriFeckTa wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
ditbu13oi wrote:
Hopefully everyone is aware that there is only 4 official ones and we spread the word for the fake ones...

I remember the China gold Wonka set and the person who bought it. Never came in box and the debate if it’s real or not since it technically came from the factory that made the gold Wonka

I think the consensus is that they were factory rejects and that they were not considered "legitimate" for that very reason.

Yup, I saw it on eBay about a month ago. Seemed someone bought it at a discounted price
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:23 pm

digithor wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:
Joesandwich123 wrote:
How does this corn challenge work? I've seen lots of people mention it before but not entirely sure what it's like lol

Joe - they open a can of corn (like from a supermarket) and you chug it as fast as you can. The winner gets a prize. This year's winners got protos of Ridez or 10 inch pops.

Digithor - I agree, they could have let everyone through. The only thing I could think of is they either ran out of prizes or it was getting too close to the start of the show and they wanted to ensure people had time to grab a plate of food and find their seats before the show started.

Exactly, I can understand they have to stick to a time line.

Plus they want to make sure people have time to eat and find their seats.

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:27 pm

but is the corn tasty though?

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:22 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:I remember the China gold Wonka set and the person who bought it. Never came in box and the debate if it’s real or not since it technically came from the factory that made the gold Wonka

Yup, I saw it on eBay about a month ago. Seemed someone bought it at a discounted price

Yikes :eek: Well i hope someone else doesn't buy it from the new owner without knowing what they are really buying.

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

ImageImage

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:00 am

TriFeckTa wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I think the consensus is that they were factory rejects and that they were not considered "legitimate" for that very reason.

Yikes :eek: Well i hope someone else doesn't buy it from the new owner without knowing what they are really buying.

Did you see the FB story? They showed a store posting the gold Wonka with no box but in a hard stack telling people to come by to see it. When people asked where it came from, the toy store who was selling it, said the item was on consignment. Likely this was the fake one on eBay
- Ray

ImageImage

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:02 am

MrSmileyFace wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:

Did you see the FB story? They showed a store posting the gold Wonka with no box but in a hard stack telling people to come by to see it. When people asked where it came from, the toy store who was selling it, said the item was on consignment. Likely this was the fake one on eBay

Yeah i saw the story just wasn't sure that was the one that came from the ebay sale. But it would make sense that it is.

ImageImage

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:14 pm

TriFeckTa wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:
ditbu13oi wrote:

Exactly, this is becoming a bigger problem, especially with prototypes. Rejects in China that are supposed to be disposed of are being snuck out of the factory and sold on eBay. There's nothing legit about them, Brian himself said in an interview that if it's being sold out of China then don't buy it because it's not legit. The problem is a lot of this stuff gets sold to someone in the US, then they find out it's garbage but instead of doing the right thing they try and resell it with some fuzzy info about it's origins. It is important on rare pieces to have that provenance! And look for red flags, like a Wonka 2 pack without a box, who in their right mind would throw away the box on such an extremely rare item. No one, that's who!
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:30 pm

treswright wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:
MrSmileyFace wrote:I remember the China gold Wonka set and the person who bought it. Never came in box and the debate if it’s real or not since it technically came from the factory that made the gold Wonka

Exactly, this is becoming a bigger problem, especially with prototypes. Rejects in China that are supposed to be disposed of are being snuck out of the factory and sold on eBay. There's nothing legit about them, Brian himself said in an interview that if it's being sold out of China then don't buy it because it's not legit. The problem is a lot of this stuff gets sold to someone in the US, then they find out it's garbage but instead of doing the right thing they try and resell it with some fuzzy info about it's origins. It is important on rare pieces to have that provenance! And look for red flags, like a Wonka 2 pack without a box, who in their right mind would throw away the box on such an extremely rare item. No one, that's who!

Exactly! When that was on eBay, the seller who we knew had bought it from an eBay China seller several months back, did list that likely it was a scrapper (since he would have been called out otherwise). But doesn’t mean that the person who bought it didn’t have plans or intention to deceive people to think they own a legit 1 out of 10 gold Wonka.
- Ray

ImageImage

theoneupper02

Postby theoneupper02 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:12 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
treswright wrote:
TriFeckTa wrote:I think the consensus is that they were factory rejects and that they were not considered "legitimate" for that very reason.

Exactly! When that was on eBay, the seller who we knew had bought it from an eBay China seller several months back, did list that likely it was a scrapper (since he would have been called out otherwise). But doesn’t mean that the person who bought it didn’t have plans or intention to deceive people to think they own a legit 1 out of 10 gold Wonka.

I think protos are really cool but I probably won't ever spend money on it because of stories like these.
Bobby

ISO: High end GOT and DBZ

Image Image Image

Return to “Pop!”