The NEW Marvel POP! Updates Thread

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
pberickp

Re: The NEW Marvel POP! Updates Thread (Updated October 3rd)

Postby pberickp » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:36 am

The new chrome Thanos POP!'s look so awesome. Gonna hurt my wallet for sure. Hope I can find these in the store or online.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

Classier

Postby Classier » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:46 am

It’s cool that they’re rereleasing the Purple-Chrome Thanos for us Americans. I’ll probably get the rest, too.

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:51 am

Classier wrote:It’s cool that they’re rereleasing the Purple-Chrome Thanos for us Americans. I’ll probably get the rest, too.

They are? That is absolutely awesome!!
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:10 am

I'm having mixed feelings about the upcoming Chrome Thanos exclusives. On one hand, it's great that you guys over at the US can finally get at least one Chrome Thanos at a cheaper price! (Well compared to the Australian release)

On the other hand though, 6 Chromes of different color might be too much? I like the symbolism of having 6 Chromes correspond to the 6 Infinity Stones though. I'll probably get them all anyway lol
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:38 am

philipali wrote:
Classier wrote:It’s cool that they’re rereleasing the Purple-Chrome Thanos for us Americans. I’ll probably get the rest, too.

I just saw that the face for the Walmart purple chrome Thanos is angry, while the others (and the Australian version) are smiling. It looks like Funko mixed up the faces to preserve originality of the first purple chrome Thanos that released overseas.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
ImageImage

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:05 pm

pberickp wrote:
philipali wrote:

I just saw that the face for the Walmart purple chrome Thanos is angry, while the others (and the Australian version) are smiling. It looks like Funko mixed up the faces to preserve originality of the first purple chrome Thanos that released overseas.

That's nice but i still would love to see the smiling version be available everywhere :D
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:06 pm

philipali wrote:

Apparently it will be using the frowning face. It will be A Purple Chrome Thanos, not the original.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:44 pm

UPDATE: All of the Thanos will be getting new boxes, but they will all have the original 289 numbering, EXCEPT Purple. which will be #415 because it uses the frown face to differentiate it from the Australia exclusive.
Image Image Image Image

badger

Postby badger » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:57 pm

Well damn, I’m gonna have to get all six to keep up my full thanos collection :)
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:57 pm

UPDATE: All of the Thanos will be getting new boxes, but they will all have the original 289 numbering, EXCEPT Purple. which will be #415 because it uses the frown face to differentiate it from the Australia exclusive.
Image Image Image Image

Classier

Postby Classier » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:05 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
philipali wrote:

Apparently it will be using the frowning face. It will be A Purple Chrome Thanos, not the original.

In my defense, I made my post prior to the updated glams being revealed, the earlier picture still had a smile!

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:10 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:I'm having mixed feelings about the upcoming Chrome Thanos exclusives. On one hand, it's great that you guys over at the US can finally get at least one Chrome Thanos at a cheaper price! (Well compared to the Australian release)

On the other hand though, 6 Chromes of different color might be too much? I like the symbolism of having 6 Chromes correspond to the 6 Infinity Stones though. I'll probably get them all anyway lol

Too much chrome in such a short time. :-({|=
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

philipali

Postby philipali » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:45 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
philipali wrote:

I have nothing to say to be honest... i mean.. why put a frowning face thanos? :D
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

jkcohen626

Re: The NEW Marvel POP! Updates Thread (Updated October 30th)

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:53 am

Hey everybody! So, sorry I haven't been active in October, it's been crazy busy for me. Anyways, I'm back now! There hasn't been so much that I've missed, so I'm not going to give everything its own entries, but I will summarize here. Basically, there was the fan vote chromes revealed Doctor Strange and Iron Spider, BoxLunch has an Anti-Venom POP and Tee Set and LACC/Hot Topic have an exclusive Chrome Colossus, Ghost Rider Doctor Strange and (Con Exclusive) glow Ghost Rider Strange. The Chrome Thanos set, the Anti-Venom set, the Spider Verse line, the Walgreens Exclusives, the NYCC exclusives, Venomized Loki, Comic Starlord and Rocket and the LACC exclusives all released this month! From now on, I am back and will be updating regularly!
Image Image Image Image

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:54 am

A Bunch of the new Walgreens exclusives are live!

https://www.walgreens.com/search/result ... unko&No=24
Image Image Image Image

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:16 am

I won’t be able to go to my HT until later in the afternoon. Pray that they still have a Colossus and GR Doctor Strange for me!

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Classier wrote:I won’t be able to go to my HT until later in the afternoon. Pray that they still have a Colossus and GR Doctor Strange for me!

Same boat! Going right now and hoping I can snag colossus.
ImageImage

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Classier wrote:I won’t be able to go to my HT until later in the afternoon. Pray that they still have a Colossus and GR Doctor Strange for me!

It's the non-glow version of Dr Strange Ghost Rider right?
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Classier

Postby Classier » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:45 pm

KidMarvel wrote:

Yeah.

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:02 pm

Classier wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

Yeah.

Good luck on them then, hopefully they have enougj stock to go around and this doesn't end up going for crazy amounts on ebay!

ImageImageImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:17 pm

Hey everybody! So, sorry I haven't been active in October, it's been crazy busy for me. Anyways, I'm back now! There hasn't been so much that I've missed, so I'm not going to give everything its own entries, but I will summarize here. Basically, there was the fan vote chromes revealed Doctor Strange and Iron Spider, BoxLunch has an Anti-Venom POP and Tee Set and LACC/Hot Topic have an exclusive Chrome Colossus, Ghost Rider Doctor Strange and (Con Exclusive) glow Ghost Rider Strange. The Chrome Thanos set, the Anti-Venom set, the Spider Verse line, the Walgreens Exclusives, the NYCC exclusives, Venomized Loki, Comic Starlord and Rocket and the LACC exclusives all released this month! From now on, I am back and will be updating regularly!
Image Image Image Image

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:15 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:Hey everybody! So, sorry I haven't been active in October, it's been crazy busy for me. Anyways, I'm back now! There hasn't been so much that I've missed, so I'm not going to give everything its own entries, but I will summarize here. Basically, there was the fan vote chromes revealed Doctor Strange and Iron Spider, BoxLunch has an Anti-Venom POP and Tee Set and LACC/Hot Topic have an exclusive Chrome Colossus, Ghost Rider Doctor Strange and (Con Exclusive) glow Ghost Rider Strange. The Chrome Thanos set, the Anti-Venom set, the Spider Verse line, the Walgreens Exclusives, the NYCC exclusives, Venomized Loki, Comic Starlord and Rocket and the LACC exclusives all released this month! From now on, I am back and will be updating regularly!

Thanks..any clues on the MCC box???
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:27 pm

StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:Hey everybody! So, sorry I haven't been active in October, it's been crazy busy for me. Anyways, I'm back now! There hasn't been so much that I've missed, so I'm not going to give everything its own entries, but I will summarize here. Basically, there was the fan vote chromes revealed Doctor Strange and Iron Spider, BoxLunch has an Anti-Venom POP and Tee Set and LACC/Hot Topic have an exclusive Chrome Colossus, Ghost Rider Doctor Strange and (Con Exclusive) glow Ghost Rider Strange. The Chrome Thanos set, the Anti-Venom set, the Spider Verse line, the Walgreens Exclusives, the NYCC exclusives, Venomized Loki, Comic Starlord and Rocket and the LACC exclusives all released this month! From now on, I am back and will be updating regularly!

None yet and there are 18 movies to pull from so it could be anything! The fact that it does say no shirt and that there have 3 MS 10 Movie Moments makes me think it could be another one!
Image Image Image Image

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:35 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
StarWarsFunkoGirl wrote:

None yet and there are 18 movies to pull from so it could be anything! The fact that it does say no shirt and that there have 3 MS 10 Movie Moments makes me think it could be another one!

Thanks
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:14 am

Got shipped email from HT for strange and colossus pops

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:08 am

So hard to keep up!

Joesandwich123

Postby Joesandwich123 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:27 pm

Hot Topic just announced a new Movie Moment of Cap vs Thanos!

Super stoked!
Will Funko make Earthbound pops before Nintendo releases Mother 3?

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:36 pm

So Hot Topic has revealed that they will be getting a Thanos vs. Captain America Movie Moment for Black Friday! It is part of the Infinity War line and is numbered #698, which is definitely not the right number and a real head scratcher. It couldn't be #298 or #398 because those both already have POPs assigned to them. It could be #498, but that means that Funko has 58 unannounced POPs designed (Gold Chrome iron Spider is the highest numbered Marvel POP at #440), but that's also in addition to the 20 POP gap between Bruce Banner and Gold Chrome Doctor Strange. Whatever it is, the POP is awesome, but the numbering's weird.

Image Image Image Image

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Definitely liking the look of the cap vs Thanos movie moment. Hulk smashing Loki is still my favorite though. That one will be hard to top.
ImageImage

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:52 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:So Hot Topic has revealed that they will be getting a Thanos vs. Captain America Movie Moment for Black Friday! It is part of the Infinity War line and is numbered #698, which is definitely not the right number and a real head scratcher. It couldn't be #298 or #398 because those both already have POPs assigned to them. It could be #498, but that means that Funko has 58 unannounced POPs designed (Gold Chrome iron Spider is the highest numbered Marvel POP at #440), but that's also in addition to the 20 POP gap between Bruce Banner and Gold Chrome Doctor Strange. Whatever it is, the POP is awesome, but the numbering's weird.

Aww man I just told myself no to getting more kpvie moment pops due to space constraimts. I have a feeling this movie moment from HT might have other voewap

ImageImageImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Two new Infinity War products have been revealed. The first one is a Thor vs. Thanos Movie Moment! It follows the other movie moment in having a weird number, which is #707. This should be out in January. The second one is an Infinity Gauntlet Dome. This one is unnumbered and is a Hot Topic Exclusive!

Image Image Image Image

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:15 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:So Hot Topic has revealed that they will be getting a Thanos vs. Captain America Movie Moment for Black Friday! It is part of the Infinity War line and is numbered #698, which is definitely not the right number and a real head scratcher. It couldn't be #298 or #398 because those both already have POPs assigned to them. It could be #498, but that means that Funko has 58 unannounced POPs designed (Gold Chrome iron Spider is the highest numbered Marvel POP at #440), but that's also in addition to the 20 POP gap between Bruce Banner and Gold Chrome Doctor Strange. Whatever it is, the POP is awesome, but the numbering's weird.

I don’t really pay attention to the numbering system that Funko utilizes but does make me wonder how and why it is such
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

Wrudart

Re: The NEW Marvel POP! Updates Thread (Updated November, 8)

Postby Wrudart » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:05 pm

these last 2 movie moments are so great! in fact all the marvel ones have been on point. i do wish the Cap Vs Red Skull had some action though
:beerchug:

jkcohen626

Re: The NEW Marvel POP! Updates Thread (Updated November, 30)

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Captain Marvel has been revealed! The Captain marvel ine will feature FIFTEEN POPs! They are: Captain Marvel (Unmasked, 425), Captain Marvel Chase (Masked, 425), Goose the Cast (426), Flocked Goose (426, BoxLunch), Unmasked Vers (427)*, Nick Fury (428), "Star Commander" (429)**, Maria Rambeau (430), Talos (431), Glow Powers Captain Marvel (Unmasked, 432, Walmart), Flying glow Captain Marvel (Masked, 433, Target), Masked Vers (434, Gamestop), Captain Marvel w/jacket (435, Hot Topic), Carol Danvers in flight suit (436, FYE)

* = Vers is Carol's Kree name/codename Any Vers products feature her in her green Kree suit
** = Some versions of the glam for this POP have him as Yon-Ragg, but I believe that it has not been officially confirmed that he is part of the movie.
Image Image Image Image

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:11 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:* = Vers is Carol's Kree name/codename Any Vers products feature her in her green Kree suit

I think technically it’s just her last name all Kree-ized.

Dan-Vers.

sushiguru

Postby sushiguru » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:40 pm

im liking the new captain marvel pops...

HarryG5O

Postby HarryG5O » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:50 am

That flying Captain Marvel is awesome!
You like my Savitar Avitar?!

Pops: 253
Marvel: 146
DC: 33
Star Wars: 48
Doctor Who: 19
Harry Potter: 3
Minecraft: 1

1st Pop: The Flash (CW)
100th Pop: Ron Weasley
200th Pop: Cap America (Quantum)
Latest Pop: Ben Kenobi
Favourite Pop: General Greivous

My collection: https://www.poppriceguide.com/guide/mem ... P8OEP3ZBE/

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:53 pm

I am going to want pretty much every Carol POP! from that series, the chases, exclusives, maybe even the motorcycle POP! ride.

And, Chewie....errrr....Goose.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Kingdavid206

Postby Kingdavid206 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:32 pm

The new Captain Marvel pops are quite impressive. I might have to snag a few of them. The movie has me pretty excited as well.
:freddy2:

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm

Cant wait for the movie! It looks so good.
ImageImage

Return to “Pop!”